• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism And Gays

prabhsmart

SPNer
Jan 22, 2009
Mumbai
Guys I have a Gursikh Gay friend. He is amritdharand a sevadhare . we both commonly take care of the gurudwares seva.

Want i wnat u to do is help me understand what Guru Granth sahibji says about being Gay.

I don't want ur own theory, i wnat to know what guruji says about it.

What is stated as been written from Guru Granth sahib ji should be with the no. of page, so that i can verify it.

He wants help as is really confussed as to what he should do and what Guruji has said about people like him.:roll:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Guys I have a Gursikh Gay friend. He is amritdharand a sevadhare . we both commonly take care of the gurudwares seva.

Want i wnat u to do is help me understand what Guru Granth sahibji says about being Gay.

I don't want ur own theory, i wnat to know what guruji says about it.

What is stated as been written from Guru Granth sahib ji should be with the no. of page, so that i can verify it.

He wants help as is really confussed as to what he should do and what Guruji has said about people like him.:roll:

Nothing - Guruji is silent. And you are correct -- any explanation is a personal theory. :welcome: The problem is lust.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
aad ji has hit the nail squarely on its head.
LUST is the problem and Guru Ji has plenty to say about THIS...KAAM...one of the FIVE "EVILS" that needs to be CONTROLLED ( NOT KILLED). Kaam in moderation/under sontrol leads to a happy marriage/children/Happy FAMILY LIFE...GRISHTH ...and when it flares out of control..turns into LUST UNBRIDLED run a way TRAIN....that is extremely Harmful to ones spirituality.
Thus the "reading between the lines would arrive at a conclusion that..since KAAM is to be "controlled" and not KILLED ( otherwise there would be NO REPRODUCTION !!)...then Guru ji treats "Kaam" as between the OPPOSITE SEXES..and subsequently by "omission" all other forms of "sex" such as Gay/Lesbian/bestiality/whatever.....is OFF the RADAR...and thats precisely WHY GURU JI is SILENT on thsi..as compared to the Bible/Koran...where such subjects are EACH and EVERYONE very SPECIFICALLY mentioned and dealt with...in fact OVER DEALT WITH....!!! Just for comparison..while SEX is such a big issue in the Bible/Koran..in the SGGS..its Haak Parya nanaka...LOBH..GREED..KRODH..anger....MOH..Attachment to this world and its trappings THAT ARE MORE STRESSED again and agaian..repeatedly. IMHO all these are more deadly to humankind/spirituality and thats why the GURU stressed them more than "underground" sexual antics ( i dont mean this in a bad way..just off the normal ways of man-woman sex )..so much so that GURU ji didnt even BOTHER TO MENTION THESE EVEN ONCE..even in PASSING !!! Take your cue from there...its a NON-ISSUE.:welcome:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Prabhsmart,

Sikhi is NOT about DO's and DON'ts but WILLs and WON'ts. In other words, SGGS gives us the framework of ethics. Yes, it could be lust but lust is not exclusive to the gays only. Lust is a human trait no matter what sexual orientation a person may have.

Science is still out there to prove this phenomena that some people are born gay. They also say that 10% of animals in their kingdom are gay. We also know that some female dolphins have given birth to the babies without mating with their male counterpart.So here some more questions arise about the reproductive part.

I have had lots of gay friends both men and women in my life which ever part of the world I lived in. For me all of them are great and caring people. In fact I have attended some of their weddings in the UK and Brazil. I have not encountered a gay Sikh yet.

Sikhi is based on pragmatism which itself is based on Hukum. If we claim that we only follow SGGS and SGGS says that," Sabh Gobind hein, Gobind bin nahin koi" and if tomorrow the science does convince mankind that it is a natural phenomena, hence Ik Ong Kaar's Hukum, then it would be interesting to see how we as followers of Sikhi which breeds openmindedness will face this reality and tackle it?

Just thinking aloud......

Tejwant Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM