• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism And Black Magic

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
satnam_waheguru ji

First and foremost let me welcome you to SPN and thank you for taking part in an ongoing discussion. welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur

The Sikh Rehat Marayada cautions against these practices in no uncertain terms. The message of Guru Nanak was to raise us above this.

This is my understanding as a person with formal training and an advanced degree in psychology. THE POWER OF THE HUMAN MIND TO DELUDE ITSELF IS IMMENSE. There are times when people are so frustrated and frightened they can be convinced to believe in magic because it gives them a sense of control over the unknown. There is also such a things as mass neurosis - participation neurosis to be more precise.

When people believe in devils it turns out that there are many recorded cases of possession by devils.When people do not believe in devils the reports are few to nil. This is the mind tricking itself. And it brings humans down to the lowest level of consciousness. We can go to our graves stuck in these samskars.

Guru Nanak gave the way to move to a higher level. Let us pray that more and more often his message is taken seriously and followed to the liberation of our souls.

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
Re: Black magic

You write:
<<

This is my humble opinion. We have such a short time to CONNECT with GURU-GURBANi, that wasting time on such matters is COUNTER PRODUCTIVE...isnt it rightly said that an IDLE MIND IS THE DEVIL'S WORKSHOP....Lets concentrate on GURU JI/NAAM JAAONA and not open our minds for the DEVIL to make it his Workshop. Jerreh PIND jannea hee nahin kion raah pucchheyaeh ??

Jarnail Singh

Wise words that for me sum it up perfectly. Thank you

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM