• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Ultras May Target Delhi Games (Is This News Manipulation?)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I published a similar story yesterday from a less known source. Now I have posted this story in Hard Talk, because no one reacted yesterday. Nonetheless there are assumptions made that deserve some evaluation. So now this article has been posted in Hard Talk.

Sikh ultras may target Delhi Games

Jangveer Singh
Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, July 23

In an alert that, if true, would test the preparedness of our security agencies, intelligence units of Punjab Police have warned that foreign-based Sikh militants were planning to return to the state to engage in sabotage activities with the help of their local conduits. And that the Commonwealth Games, being held in October, too, could be on their radar.

The office of the Punjab Additional Director General of Police (Intelligence) had, in a note on May 28, informed all commissioners and district police chiefs that Sikh militant leaders were under pressure from their Pakistani masters to carry out sabotage activities and that prominent militants could return to the state.

The note mentioned that militant activities, including bomb blasts, could happen before the Commonwealth Games and that Khalistant Zindabad Force head Ranjit Singh Neeta had successfully smuggled 15 kg of RDX into Punjab. The report said one part of the consignment, which had been later recovered from Ferozepur, had been delivered in Rajpura and that two other consignments were likely to be delivered in Nawanshahr and Balachaur and in Sirsa district of Haryana.

The note said the third consignment was meant for a strike against controversial Dera Sacha Sauda sect chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, who has invited the ire of the hardliners by allegedly projecting himself similar to tenth Sikh Guru Gobind Singh.

An intelligence official, when asked about the input, tried to put it in perspective saying if nothing had happened since May when the input had been referred to police officials, there could be chances of it not proving correct. The official maintained there was no need for a panic on the issue.

Meanwhile, the intelligence input also stressed that a new trend was being witnessed with the uncovering of modules of foreign-based Sikh militants. The input said there were two specific cases, with one being the killing of Rashtriya Sikh Sangat chief Rulda Singh in Patiala. It said foreign-based militants who had come to India especially for this task had done the killing.

In another case, the input said, Baba Bakshish Singh had returned from abroad had raised a module. The module had planned blasting the Indian Oil Corporation bottling plant at Nabha and also the Indian Air Force (IAF) station at Halwara. One member of this module, Harminder Singh alias Raj, had reached Indian from either Malaysia or Pakistan. The report said this module used local people who provided the militants with accommodation and conveyance. It said the module members did not use mobile phones, which made it difficult to track them.

It is in this context that the Punjab Police intelligence agency received information that foreign militants, particularly Ranjeet Singh Neeta, could enter India to target the Commonwealth Games. Militants identified in the report include Balwinder Singh from Britain, Jassi (earlier residing in Italy and now based in France), Rana from the United States and Pamma, who was involved in the killing of Rashtriya Sikh Sangat president Rulda Singh in Punjab last year.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Here is yet another story.

'Pak-based Sikh militants might strike capital before CWG'

Pakistan-based Sikh militants, supported by the ISI, might carry out bomb blasts in New Delhi before the Commonwealth Games, the Punjab police has alerted.

An advisory circulated recently among all senior officers in the state by the intelligence department of Punjab police has pointed out that Sikh militant leaders based in Pakistan are under "tremendous pressure" from the ISI to carry out sabotage activities in India before the Games.

"Militant leaders, including Khalistan Zindabad Force (KZF) chief Ranjit Singh Neeta are planning to undertake some militant actions, including bomb blasts, before the Games scheduled in New Delhi in October," the advisory said.

It also stated that around 15 kg RDX was smuggled into India from Pakistan by Neeta's contacts. which was divided into three parts, most of which has been seized by police from different places in the state including Ferozepur and Rajpura.

Intelligence sources of the state police have inputs that Neeta could himself enter India if those directed to carry out the nefarious designs failed in their task.

"Certain militants sitting abroad are desperate to push four Sikh extremists into India to carry out nefarious activities," the advisory said.

Meanwhile, police have been sensitised and directed to take necessary preventive and detective measures to avoid any untoward incident, official sources said.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Wahe Guru ,

That story is not only a manupulation , its again a provocation on the Sikh -community in Punjab & whole India & world. The security police should better watch out for other well known terrorist and concentrate on them .animatedkhanda

I have seen this before. They predict Sikh terrorism and then there is an act of terrorism and, of course, we did it. I remember a theatre bombing Diwali a couple years ago. Of course, the evidence was planted.

This accomplishes two things. It makes Indian intelligence look...intelligent. It also makes us look like terrorists in the eyes of the naive people.

Knowing what is going on is one thing, proving it another. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• KHALISTANI LIONESS..gif
    KHALISTANI LIONESS..gif
    143.3 KB · Reads: 210

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Mai ji

I hesitate to post a counter story on this matter because I lack the expertise to understand its fundamentals. However, the weekly e-zine TEHELKA has a completely different explanation for why the Queen of England and big names in sports have decided to avoid the games. TEHELKA is forever on the trail of the corporate and business establishment, has a very progressive bias and conducts serious investigative reports. According to this magazine the reason is economic. The games are viewed as props for purely commercial interests and have lost their significance for a lot of people. I have posted a question with TEHELKA regarding the Sikh terrorist angle. So far no response from them.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Mai ji

I hesitate to post a counter story on this matter because I lack the expertise to understand its fundamentals. However, the weekly e-zine TEHELKA has a completely different explanation for why the Queen of England and big names in sports have decided to avoid the games. TEHELKA is forever on the trail of the corporate and business establishment, has a very progressive bias and conducts serious investigative reports. According to this magazine the reason is economic. The games are viewed as props for purely commercial interests and have lost their significance for a lot of people. I have posted a question with TEHELKA regarding the Sikh terrorist angle. So far no response from them.

Whatever the real reason, if anything untoward happens in the Games, we Sikhs will be blamed.

My experience with Tehelka is that they are more solid than most Indian press.

What to say on such seriouse topic ... I am born in a country who's citizens are also used to be blaimed for each and everything what happens in the Balkans. Whole Serbian nation has been judged at the tribunal of Den Hague for genocide ( even german A.Hitler never has been judged as such , by killing millions of innocent people)

My Roots are Sikh and i feel myself as a Sikh .Now living in India , to me it looks like i can change the living place but a ,, Deja vu'' always follow me...

What do all non-Sikh want else from US ? Can the conflict never end ? Why the indian police & army do not really look after the real terrorists which are coming trough green boarders of neighbour countries ?

Does it look like that all Sikh should demonstrative avoid / boycott the Games ?

How many Sikh have hard worked ( mentally & phisically) that the Games can take place ???

What is Premier Dr. Manmohan Singh saying ? Will he allow that the Unfairness and
Incorrectness rule over New Delhi & India during the Games ???

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Whatever the real reason, if anything untoward happens in the Games, we Sikhs will be blamed.

My experience with Tehelka is that they are more solid than most Indian press.

dushanka ji and Mai ji

Yes! I am repeating myself I know - but if we sat still we would be blamed for something/anything. TEHELKA has as its focus sensational stories of social problems and official corruption and/or utter indifference. I am sure that gets on the nerves of more than a few people. However, TEHELKA backs everything up with a combination of data and eye-witness reporting.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM