• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Inspired Fitness Health Gatka Longevity Forum

Canuck Singh

SPNer
Jun 13, 2008
Can UK
See Here:

Sikh Fitness

Please visit and send comments for this brand new forum set to change the way people approach health and physical training.

In today's world preventative health aught to be on your mind if it is not already. Sikhs are expected to take care of their body village, lest it wither away and become a disease bearing bag of water.

If you want to know the best way to attain physical purity, join this forum

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Canuch Singh ji

Great name! Speaking as one who hates exercise of any kind, I nonetheless think the fitness forum looks great! It is well organized, and you have covered every kind of fitness issue. Each section has a comment started off by you to get the conversation rolling in the right direction.

I would suggest RSS feeds to health and fitness sites. And there are also a lot of subscriptions to podcasts on the subject of diet and fitness that future members may find valuable.

Canuck Singh

SPNer
Jun 13, 2008
Can UK
Thanks for the feedback,

What is that RSS idea?

Logo2.jpg

Untitled-1-1.jpg

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Canuck Singh ji

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. A feed is a link that a client, subscriber or visitor to your web site can download to a web page or a bookmarks tool bar (usually). What is "fed" are typically regularly updated materials from your web site. For example, articles or lectures, videos, etc. So if I depend on your web site for information and education and you have regular articles about Gatka, or anything, the RSS can regularly feed my browser with the new and current information. Podcasts can be delivered by RSS -- podcasts are lectures served on the web as audio.

Here is an example from Foodgeeks.com - cooking sites use RSS to update recipes for their viewing audience. The page at this link also expalins RSS very clearly http://foodgeeks.com/rss/

Look on the right hand menu bar for the mrsikhnet blog at the very bottom. The RSS info is there. The link is http://www.mrsikhnet.com/

Now look at this MrSikhNet
This is where you get more information about different feeds for your computer. Feedburner is a very popular RSS utility.

Usually the news links that are loaded into your browser also have RSS options. If you play around with your browser settings and properties you will find "RSS" somewhere in there depending on the browser.

Best I can do because I am not a tekkie.

Canuck Singh

SPNer
Jun 13, 2008
Can UK
Thank you again,

and your time to write these words will not go unheeded. It was through another cyberforum member that I designed those banners. :happy:

And of course, the forum intends to serve its own purpose and does not intend to distract from the other various forums here, but hopes that it can be used as a source for those who seek it, and perhaps will actualize an awakening for those (all of us) who would benefit from it.

Gurfateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM