• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Hindu Muslim Christain

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,.
How one HUMAN can be SIKH . HINDU MUSLIM or CHRISTAIN or Else
Guru Nanak educates that child of Brahmin cant be Brahmin, . Like wise Child of Sikh cant be Sikh .
In JAP Bani it is stated
Sahas syanpa lakh hoi ik na chaley naal which means artificial inelligence cannot be inherited.
As child of doctor, engineer CA cannot be a doctor. Unless one learns and practice subject to gain objective realisation.
One cannot be doctor by wearing stethoscope and white coat, and lawyer by wearing black coat.
How one can be Sikh by keeping beard and wearing turban, and hindu by weaing janeu, and muslim by wearing cap etc

So the system of world needs change, when we define religion by birth.

It is by gain of religious text awareness and followance.

CHILD shall not be labelled with any religion, if if one has not learned neutralisation of emotion, through mental training and physical followance.
Waheguri ji ka khalsa.
Waheguru ji ji fateh

Last edited:

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
I understand what you're saying, and can agree. At what point through can someone be defined as a "Sikh?" What will make one a Sikh?

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
I understand what you're saying, and can agree. At what point through can someone be defined as a "Sikh?" What will make one a Sikh?
Sat Sri Akaal,.
One can make the intrinsic point of querry of inqisitive, thought it was with resolve.
Querry reflects clearly student who take admission, wears uniform first, this is convincing, but one step ahead, there is limit of age to admission, . there are learning steps and test at each age and level, and what about the students who never practice there books.
And what is the age one shall learn.
If a form system is there, the formal system of education, shall also be in place.
Else it ishould be unacceptable ritualism to every SIKH i.e. for learners.
which was never the way and cause of SIKHISM. T
he Gurudwara System is not for attracting people for rituals, and adding more and more ritualistic days, add govenance holidays, making the system non functional, but gathering shall be for routine training and education

As the donated money is lost in decorations, and way of education is lost, so more historian days are added for reasons to attract masses by way of ritualism and not education., Which should be cincern for every Sikh.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Sat Sri Akaal,.
Guru Nanak educates that child of Brahmin cant be Brahmin, . Like wise Child of Sikh cant be Sikh .
In JAP Bani it is stated
Sahas syanpa lakh hoi ik na chaley naal which means artificial inelligence cannot be inherited.
As child of doctor, engineer CA cannot be a doctor. Unless one learns and practice subject to gain objective realisation.
One cannot be doctor by wearing stethoscope and white coat, and lawyer by wearing black coat.
How one can be Sikh by keeping beard and wearing turban, and hindu by weaing janeu, and muslim by wearing cap etc

CHILD shall not be labelled with any religion, if if one has not learned neutralisation of emotion, through mental training and physical followance.
Waheguri ji ka khalsa.
Waheguru ji ji fateh

Religion is an illusion.

Guru Nanak taught that there is no Hindu or Muslim, hence no religion. There's only One- Truth.

And yet most people seem to ignore this Truth.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Religion is an illusion.

Guru Nanak taught that there is no Hindu or Muslim, hence no religion. There's only One- Truth.

And yet most people seem to ignore this Truth.
SAT SRI AKAAL,

Education is elightening with practice, repeated practice of education, brings changes in cellular memories, which improves the philosphy at root level.

Propogation of education and practice, that brings changes in cellular memory, which is part of unconcious and subconcious mind.
makes one Guru Sikh.
False rituals have no place in this system .

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sat Sri Akaal,.
Because religion is transferred in the womb either consciously or unconsciously. Each Mum hums the hymns of one's own religion to the fetus in the womb.
Do you find anything wrong with that?

Please quote the Ang number with the full Shabad so I can understand the context. A Sikh is a student, hence all of us in the world are sikhs till our last breath.You are confusing Sikhi with other dogmatic religions.

In JAP Bani it is stated
It is not about AI but about me-ism. Please study the verse again.

You seem confused. A child cannot be either of the professions above because he/she is a child. However, the environment can be created at home where the child can be inclined to become any of the above through education.

Of course not but what is your point?

One can be all the above from the outside but in order to become one, one has to work on it like the professions you mentioned above.

As mentioned before, religion is not defined by birth but transferred which is natural. Now when the child is grown up, he/she can choose or reject the same religion. One can even become an Atheist which is not a bad thing at all.

Yes, only when one is grown up to do that.

Pardon my ignorance, I have no idea what you mean by the above. Please elaborate what you are trying to say. Thanks.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Education shall be priority but its going ritualistic, That is only concern.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khals
Wahegueu Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Yes, but not as a fetus in the womb. Please share your thoughts about my contesting your claims and I am also waiting for the Shabad with the ang number.
Sat Sri Akaal,

Sahas .syanap lakh hoye .
Ik na chaley naal.
Is from jap bani.
That iis the only refrence.

But not as fetus in the womb is for word NAAL. OR . what carry forward or inherit.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Rituals are taking over education.
That is concern.
The cause was.
Learning is Way
that is diminishing.
SEVA comes after learning.
Education and practice shall be given priority.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sat Sri Akaal,

Rituals are taking over education.
That is concern.
The cause was.
Learning is Way
that is diminishing.
SEVA comes after learning.
Education and practice shall be given priority.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

OK. But did Guru Nanak say what you claim here?

Guru Nanak educates that child of Brahmin cant be Brahmin,

Why are you reluctant to respond to your own claim?

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
I am talking about your above quote. Please provide the Shabad with the Ang number.
Sat Sri Akaal,

It is from jap bani quote is already mentioned. Where is confusion.

Son of brahmin cant be brahmin, is inferred from Sahas syanap lakh hoi ik na chaley naal.

If it means different.
If true the statement is true that son of brahmin cant be brahmin or sikh cant be sikh

else false.

Is is false than what is right. One can learn.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

It is inferred statement from learning of Gurus Bani, by myself, I should have presented as inferred statement, rather than direct statement.
Due apologies for that. The statement is inference by me and not a direct statement.

Admin is requsted to.make me edit or present it as inferred statement.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,.
Guru Nanak educates
In JAP Bani
One can have inference that
that child of Brahmin cant be Brahmin, . Like wise Child of Sikh cant be Sikh .

Waheguri ji ka Khalsa.
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Because religion is transferred in the womb either consciously or unconsciously. Each Mum hums the hymns of one's own religion to the fetus in the womb.

Any reference with Ang No for that.

For learning and awareness.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sat Sri Akaal,

Any reference with Ang No for that.

For learning and awareness.

We don’t need Gurbani reference for that. It is a natural thing that happens in every household.
I am sorry if you thought that I was trying to have a t it for tat with you nor was it my intention.
As you mentioned Guru Nanak and as I am the student of Gurbani, I wanted to know the Shabad to understand his whole message.
I have known you in the forum for a long time and I know your writing style but at times I am not able to grasp what you are trying to convey.
This is the only reason I asked you the questions. No harm, no foul.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Ravneet,
One more reason of my questioning was that comparing the choice of a religion which is passed in the family since the conception unlike one’s profession which happens much later in one’s life and it normally is decided by the adult who was a fetus once with or without the outer influences.

The religion is a different matter because it is like the birds of a feather and many parents take that for granted and feel offended if their loved ones refuse to follow the same path unlike the profession.

As a religion “is sowed” by the parents in the womb, it becomes difficult for the child to cut off this umbilical cord. In this case, the grown up starts with a rebellion in order to find his/her path for self betterment. Some make this change successfully but many feel lost in the market of different faiths because unlike any profession, religion or no religion is the journey of the individual and that path is pretty rough because it is an internal change whereas any profession is practiced out in public which makes it easier for a person to become better through practice.
In closing I would just add that if one has found a better path for self betterment, one should go for it but this can only take place much later in one’s life even after being a doctor for years as a professional.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM