• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Sikh Groups To Hold Mega Blood Donation Camp (Calcutta News)

Sep 20, 2004
Sikh organisations have come together to hold a mega blood donation camp in Punjab's pilgrimage centre of Anandpur Sahib Tuesday and they hope to enter the record books by getting 25,000 people to donate blood in a single day.

More...

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Re: Sikh groups to hold mega blood donation camp

Sikh organisations have come together to hold a mega blood donation camp in Punjab's pilgrimage centre of Anandpur Sahib Tuesday and they hope to enter the record books by getting 25,000 people to donate blood in a single day.

More...

Spirit of Sacha Soda- spirit goes a long way !:happy:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Re: Sikh groups to hold mega blood donation camp

The voluntary camp aims to clock over 25,000 donations in a single day and enter the Guinness Book of World Records.
Although it is a gallant effort. Why bring all 25,000 donors to one place? Just to be in the Guinness book of World Records as the news states?

Besides having many teams of doctors and para-medics, the organisers are making arrangements to get the dontaed blood flown to various hospitals in India. Over 110 blood banks from across the country are to collect blood from this camp.

Arrangements have been made for the stay of nearly 20,000 donors coming from different parts of Punjab and other states. Over 5,000 donors are expected from the areas adjoining the shrine itself.

A special train carrying 1,500 donors would arrive from Nagpur in Maharashtra, the spokesman said.
How much is this all effort going to cost and who would be paying for it?

Can this money be used helping the needy or create some cottage industries in the rural areas? As the saying goes," If you give a fish to a man, he will eat for a day but if you teach him how to fish, he will have food for the rest of his life".

The first five donors will include Jaswinder Singh, the head granthi (priest) of 'Harmandar Sahib' (popularly called Golden Temple or Darbar Sahib) and other top priests and organisers of the event
One should find out how many times have they donated the blood in their lives before?I hope once a month as many of us do.

In my opinion this is nothing but a propaganda based on me-ism rather than One-ism.

If the SGPC had organised this event with the Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Jain and all other religious organisations along with the NGO's to have the same event all around the country during Holla Mohalla, the blood donation would be in millions and would benefit many more and also would be cost effective. But may be The Guinness Book of World Records would not accept that as one event, which seems to be the main objective and self pat at the back. Balei... Balei....

And, then they say I am a dreamer.......

Tejwant Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: