• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Cultural Politics

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
.. I think the whole mix-marriage palaver need centre stage and wider consultation. It's an agenda item for organisations like the Sikh Council UK to debate and discuss with a view to relax the rigidity of the clause [Sikh marry Sikh]. The Council's decision is likely to be persuasive on part SPGC [The Gurdwaras Act 1925] to trigger constitutional review of SRM.

..this is my take on it Sukh, but please seek professional legal advice should you be contemplating recourse !

Much obliged

I'm really confused as to what or why you think I am seeking legal recourse? The sikh council Oh yeah those self-appointed citizen singh... Community leaders. No jurisdiction over anyone.

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
I'm really confused as to what or why you think I am seeking legal recourse? The sikh council Oh yeah those self-appointed citizen singh... Community leaders. No jurisdiction over anyone.
..well look Sukh, if you really want to do something about changing the way things are at present then you'll have to take'em on and be proactive. Think of things like peaceful demonstrations, rallying the masses to protest against Gurdwaras, successful social/ political media campaigns and more. This will pave way for debate n discussion to seek resolution.

Thank you !

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
..well look Sukh, if you really want to do something about changing the way things are at present then you'll have to take'em on and be proactive. Think of things like peaceful demonstrations, rallying the masses to protest against Gurdwaras, successful social/ political media campaigns and more. This will pave way for debate n discussion to seek resolution.

Thank you !
Yeah I'll organise my boys, find my ski mask and go have a "peaceful" protest. Against whom I don't know. Since I have no problem with the actions of Leamington gurdwara. In fact I happen to think they are demonstrating immense strength in not being bullied.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM