• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Art Contest

Sarabjit92

SPNer
Dec 15, 2013

Attachments

• pilgrims.jpg
    pilgrims.jpg
    43.9 KB · Reads: 269
Last edited by a moderator:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
You really captured the warmth with the light from the fire brightening up their faces. Nice work!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sarabjit ji

I made some changes so that members could go directly to Sikh art and the thread would go to the spotlight.

The artwork is really vigorous. I enjoyed it. You have a lot of talent.

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
I love the idea of encouraging Sikh art; on the whole I think we need much more art, especially when compared to the paintings we find celebrating and documenting other spiritual cultures.
Having said that, I'm not understanding this post. What is referred to as a "Sikh Art Contest" appears to be one Sikh painting among a bunch of other art neither by nor about Sikhs. Just confused...

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Not a computer-wizard, unfortunately. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. When I click on Sikh Art link, I see one Sikh painting and eight others which have little or nothing to do with Sikhi or Sikh artists.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Is voting closed already? I just tried (from a different device to the one I voted from originally) and it still has green voting button directly above the piece, and when clicked, brings a login page: you login with either your FineArtAmerica login if you have one or you can login with Facebook. I didn't go any further than that though. Maybe try again, auntie ji?

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Is voting closed already? I just tried (from a different device to the one I voted from originally) and it still has green voting button directly above the piece, and when clicked, brings a login page: you login with either your FineArtAmerica login if you have one or you can login with Facebook. I didn't go any further than that though. Maybe try again, auntie ji?
I called from Mr. Kindle ji and it said the contest was over and announced the winners! I will try again, though.

Sarabjit92

SPNer
Dec 15, 2013
Inderjit ji,
Thank you, yes most of the submitted paintings don't belong to the theme of the contest. This just goes to show that we need more or our art out there so people know about our culture and people.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
o_O what the? *checks again from original device - Win 7 netbook*

Well I'm confused, the Overview tab says voting is closed and has the winners, but the 'vote' tab still has the green voting button. Odd.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM