• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sheikh Farid Ji Bani/ਸੇਖ ਫਰੀਦ ਜੀਉ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ – No. 1 In Series

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
ਆਸਾ ਸੇਖ ਫਰੀਦ ਜੀਉ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ
Āsā Sekẖ Farīḏ jī▫o kī baṇī
Raag AaSaa Sheikh Farid ji’s composition

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ
Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.
With blessing of one eternal creator esteemed teacher.

ਦਿਲਹੁ ਮੁਹਬਤਿ ਜਿੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਸੇਈ ਸਚਿਆ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਮਨਿ ਹੋਰੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਹੋਰੁ ਸਿ ਕਾਂਢੇ ਕਚਿਆ ੧॥
Ḏilahu muhabaṯ jinĥ se▫ī sacẖi▫ā. Jinĥ man hor mukẖ hor sė kāʼndẖe kacẖi▫ā. ||1||
Such are truthful who love from their heart. Ones with different mind, differing mouth, such are called fickle.

ਰਤੇ ਇਸਕ ਖੁਦਾਇ ਰੰਗਿ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਕੇ ਵਿਸਰਿਆ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇ ਭੁਇ ਭਾਰੁ ਥੀਏ ੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
Raṯe isak kẖuḏā▫e rang ḏīḏār ke. visri▫ā jinĥ nām ṯe bẖu▫e bẖār thī▫e. ||1|| rahā▫o.
Imbued in creator’s love, colored in the vision of such. Ones who forgot creator’s understanding, so are burden on earth.

ਆਪਿ ਲੀਏ ਲੜਿ ਲਾਇ ਦਰਿ ਦਰਵੇਸ ਸੇ ਤਿਨ ਧੰਨੁ ਜਣੇਦੀ ਮਾਉ ਆਏ ਸਫਲੁ ਸੇ ੨॥
Āp lī▫e laṛ lā▫e ḏar ḏarves se. Ŧin ḏẖan jaṇeḏī mā▫o ā▫e safal se. ||2||
Self so enjoined, such reach the door of creator’s abode. So respectful the mother that gave birth to such, so arrived are welcome.

ਪਰਵਦਗਾਰ ਅਪਾਰ ਅਗਮ ਬੇਅੰਤ ਤੂ ਜਿਨਾ ਪਛਾਤਾ ਸਚੁ ਚੁੰਮਾ ਪੈਰ ਮੂੰ ੩॥
Parvarḏagār apār agam be▫anṯ ṯū. Jinā pacẖẖāṯā sacẖ cẖummā pair mūʼn. ||3||
Nourisher and sustainer so inaccessible and infinite. So who thus recognized the eternal, kiss feet and face.

ਤੇਰੀ ਪਨਹ ਖੁਦਾਇ ਤੂ ਬਖਸੰਦਗੀ ਸੇਖ ਫਰੀਦੈ ਖੈਰੁ ਦੀਜੈ ਬੰਦਗੀ ੪॥੧॥
Ŧerī panah kẖuḏā▫e ṯū bakẖsanḏgī. Sekẖ Farīḏai kẖair ḏījai banḏagī. ||4||1||
Your shelter creator, you benevolent. Give alms to Sheikh Farid of contemplation.
ESSENCE: Baba Farid ji in this sabad describe the wonderment of being true to the creator and contrast it with falseness as well. One’s with inner love are the true ones versus the fickle ones of different mind and speech. Imbued in the colors of the creator versus the forgetful ones burdening the earth.

One’s so enjoined by the creator come from most blessed mothers. Enthralled with the infinite that sustains and so loving to kiss feet of such. Farid ji request to be blessed with spiritual attachment to the benevolent all giving creator.
Please note all errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: I plan to post all of Sheikh Farid ji’s bani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Where as Sabads I will do complete Sabads and then a reasonable size of stanzas as appropriate. Any suggestions always welcome.

Dr Gurinder Singh live at Bangalore-Jan 2012 - YouTube

Last edited:

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
I like addressing Farid ji as Baba Farid ji and I seek forgiveness if it offends

Veer Ji Sorry I prefer addressing him as Sheikh and now I'm very offended,please could you write me a thirteen page apology on that account.

ps the address is in you not in what you address him as.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
1. Slok SHEIKH Farid Jee ke..is the title according to SGGS put in place by Guru Nanak/Guru Arjun Ji Sahib.....
2. Baba Farid is the more common name among Pakistanis and Punjabis who love and adore him..the University in His name in Malwa of Punjab is also Baba farid Uni.
3. Bhai Gurdass Ji also uses BABA..for Guru Nannak Ji as well as Mardana Ji...
4. so all Farid Jis admirers cna use nay name...he remains reverently Farid Ji...

Sheikh farid Jis sloks are the most simple and rustic Punjabi full of metaphor and sweetness in which are wrapped some of the best spiritual truths and lessons of life - both for this world and the next..(spiritual)
Farid Ji is the father-Founder of the SLOK medium of poetry..a medium that is not limited by any borders of poetry..a slok can be a single line, double r as longa s 12 to 15 lines...the poet is not confined to any laws such as rhyme metre etc..its a free expression of thought. Ek padeh, dupadeh chaupadeh and more lines exist in sloks. The other great slok writer is of course Bhagat Kabir Ji whose sloks are equally enjoyed esp during the concluding period of Akhand Paath raol...the raol my late dad and his dad before him and me enjoy the most...
Veer Ambarsariah Ji is to be highly commended for thsi undertaking...we will love the comments as we go along...thanks jios.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: