• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

S Asia SGPC Anti-Drugs Drive March 20-31

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
SGPC TO RUN ANTI-DRUGS DRIVE FROM MARCH 20 TO 31

M_Id_228242_Supporters_of_Ravinder_Kaur_celebrate_after_she_was_declared_the_candidate_from_Ludhiana_west.jpg

Amritsar, Punjab: Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) will organise a campaign against narcotics and drugs from March 20 to July 31, during which it will reach out to drug addicts across the state so as to bring them back into the mainstream.
The campaign titled ‘Nasha Mukt Lehar’ will be launched by SGPC chief Avtar Singh Makkar from Fatehgarh Sahib on March 20.
Giving details about the drive, Satbir Singh, secretary, ‘Dharam Prachar Committee’ of the SGPC, stated here on Wednesday that a list of SGPC employees, who will be part of this campaign, has been already been prepared. These will include ‘pracharaks’ (preachers), whose aim would be to use the “power of gurbani” to wean addicts away from drugs.
Fifty villages in each SGPC constituency have already been selected for the drive against drugs.
It will be the duty of the SGPC teams to identify or pick out at least 15 addicts in each of the targeted villages. The profile of each addict will be prepared including his or her economic status, educational level and family background.

Source:Hindustan Times http://sikhsangat.org/2014/sgpc-to-run-anti-drugs-drive-from-march-20-to-31/

Side Note: I think this is a good drive since elections are coming soon and drugs are being distributed in Punjab as we speak. Parchar is a good tactic and hopefully it works out as planned. May those Singhs and Kaurs leave the drugs behind and restore their faith in Guru ji.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
These will include ‘pracharaks’ (preachers), whose aim would be to use the “power of gurbani” to wean addicts away from drugs.

what like in the films? when the candles all go out and you get haunting music and then the addict stands up and shouts 'waheguru' and then you cut to a scene full of people all swaying and singing and chanting?

I have yet to experience or see this power of Gurbani, all I know is that it is addicts actions that make them an addict, and it is their actions that make them leave addiction, you can of course change your actions by taking advice, or following a certain path, but that takes guts, determination, and the desire to find that path, itis not power, it is a choice, a choice for all of us to make as to how we live our lives.

I am sure that instead of preaching how good truthful living is, we should expect many many prayer sessions.

Sherdil

Writer
SPNer
Jan 19, 2014
The heroin in Punjab comes from Afghanistan, via Pakistan. The soldiers who are supposed to be protecting our border are in cahoots with the drug smugglers. Give the soldiers a bribe and they look the other way. Heroin distribution is the main source of income for the Taliban.

Why Punjab? It has a large middle-class who have nothing to do. No job prospects, or no need to work creates a lot of bored "velli" youth.

An idle mind is the Devil's workshop.

Last edited:

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
In my opinion the root of the drug problem is that it is being brought into Punjab like you said. First SGPC should get rid of the drug trafficking than spread Parchars all over the place. I want to see how successful they will be with this tactic and I won't be surprised if it fails to be honest.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Abneet ji thanks for your post. There is not a person here who does not want to see Punjab all well and riddance of this disease.
In my opinion the root of the drug problem is that it is being brought into Punjab like you said. First SGPC should get rid of the drug trafficking than spread Parchars all over the place. I want to see how successful they will be with this tactic and I won't be surprised if it fails to be honest.
What makes you believe that the Politicians are not and have not been behind it all along. Drugs are probably the #1 money maker after land grabs and bribery. All as always controlled by the Government in power. People don't want to get elected to be paid to honestly represent you in Punjab. It is the ancillary benefits of drug money, land grabs and bribery flow through that makes it worthwhile. It is so naive and also so sad that such never gets recognized by the voters and perhaps they have to simply pick between Devil #1, Devil #2 or Devil #3, etc.

Sherdil ji indeed good observation.
The heroine in Punjab comes from Afghanistan, via Pakistan. The soldiers who are supposed to be protecting our border are in cahoots with the drug smugglers. Give the soldiers a bribe and they look the other way. Heroine distribution is the main source of income for the Taliban.

Why Punjab? It has a large middle-class who have nothing to do. No job prospects, or no need to work creates a lot of bored "velli" youth.

An idle mind is the Devil's workshop.
See the following,
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bPEX2tCDrEY?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Here again,

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UfnBGMC03Ns?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Here again,

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zbvtreePajg?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

It is up and down all over the place.

Why worry :angryyoungsingh:

Sat Sri Akal

Last edited:

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
Abneet ji thanks for your post. There is not a person here who does not Punjab all well and riddance of this disease.What makes you believe that the Politicians are not and have not been behind it all along. Drugs are probably the #1 money maker after land grabs and bribery. All as always controlled by the Government in power. People don't want to get elected to be paid to honestly represent you in Punjab. It is the ancillary benefits of drug money, land grabs and bribery flow through that makes it worthwhile. It is so naive and also so sad that such never gets recognized by the voters and perhaps they have to simply pick between Devil #1, Devil #2 or Devil #3, etc.

Sherdil ji indeed good observation.See the following,
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bPEX2tCDrEY?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Here again,

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UfnBGMC03Ns?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Here again,

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zbvtreePajg?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

It is up and down all over the place.

Why worry :angryyoungsingh:

Sat Sri Akal

Trust me as young as I might be I am very aware if the crooks who are running Punjab. But nevertheless it is better to help out as much as possible than no help at all even if SGPC is corrupt. If these parcharik a are willing to help than be it. The thing is it won't make a big change since they are only aiming at 15 addicts per village and there's tens of thousands that need assistance but it isn't there due to poor management by gov. Agencies because like you said they are making money out of all the drug trafficking.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: