• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

SGGS - Qualities Of Seeker

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks †winkle ji for each day you help us turn our minds to †he messages that are worth more than diamonds and emeralds and rubies. We need more reflection on Gurbani. You are helping that need along.

Oct 21, 2009
India
I am doing that was directed by you. My contribution is only to act as per your will/orders. If you like anything it is your magnanimity only.
I really do appreciate your kind and encouraging words and these are required as well for the successful covering the entire Granth Sahib ji.

Regards!

Oct 21, 2009
India
Sabad-12
Page 30

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੩ ॥
ਘਰ ਹੀ ਸਉਦਾ ਪਾਈਐ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਸਭ ਵਥੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਖਿਨੁ ਖਿਨੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਲੀਐ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਾਵੈ ਕੋਇ ॥
ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਅਖੁਟੁ ਹੈ ਵਡਭਾਗਿ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਹੋਇ ॥੧॥

It is as per sikh philosophy and Guru’s teachings that every one has His ‘Jot’ in oneself. Each and everyone has to realize the Lord oneself. It may be through the manifestation of naam that is also stated to be within all of us and is attainable with His blessings.The realization is possible through the Gurmat and teachings of the Guru as contained in the bani.Expressing the same theme the shabad states that everything is in this body. One should seek the sanctuary of the Guru i.e. should follow Gurmat and do Naam simran with every breath. This is the treasure that is stated to be inexhaustible. With a great fortune one can receive this in exhaustible treasure.

ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਤਜਿ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਹਉਮੈ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ॥
ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਸਦਾ ਧਿਆਇ ਤੂ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਏਕੰਕਾਰੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

One should instruct the mind that it stops slandering and should also get rid of ego and pride i.e the lower instincts that are always an obstacle in the path of spirituality. Haume is stated to be a disease and has appeared in bani at many places. In ordinary parlance it can be stated to be ‘khudi’ or ‘aapa’. One should always remember /meditate the Lord by adopting the teachings of the Guru as contained in bani. The word Gurmukh has also appeared at many places and would imply any one who has become Gur oriented. It is possible by seeking the sanctuary of the Guru. At present we have ‘sabad Guru’ as our Guru and hence all the teachings contained is the wisdom of Guru and one should seek its sanctuary. Thus ‘Gurmukh’ can be said for a person who walks along the path as shown in the ‘sabad- Guru.’

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਾ ਕੇ ਮੁਖ ਉਜਲੇ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਬੀਚਾਰਿ ॥
ਹਲਤਿ ਪਲਤਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਦੇ ਜਪਿ ਜਪਿ ਰਿਦੈ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ ॥
ਘਰ ਹੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਮਹਲੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ ॥੨॥

By following Guru’s teachings the seeker also tend to obtain the superior qualities and rises above the lower insticts and his face also radiates a glow that may be the result the inner peace. They remain happy here and in the next world by the constant practice of meditaing upon the lord. The Fortunate one finds the presence of the Lord within this body itself by reflecting upon the words of Guru as contained in bani.[I am repeating these things as I have realized the meaning of the words after spending some time over the bani.] Thus one can find the Lord in oneself by practicing bani and making it fit into the life.

ਸਤਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਮੁਹ ਫੇਰਹਿ ਮਥੇ ਤਿਨ ਕਾਲੇ ॥
ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਦੁਖ ਕਮਾਵਦੇ ਨਿਤ ਜੋਹੇ ਜਮ ਜਾਲੇ ॥
ਸੁਪਨੈ ਸੁਖੁ ਨ ਦੇਖਨੀ ਬਹੁ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਪਰਜਾਲੇ ॥੩॥

Very unfortunate are the persons who do not abide by the instructions as contained in the ‘Sabad Guru’.The fate of manmukhs is stated be very pitiable as they are not the recepient of the Grace of Guru. They are never happy and Night and day, they suffer in pain; they see the noose of Death always hovering above them. In this paragraph a comparison is done between the state of affairs of manmukh and Gurmukh whose condition is stated in the previous stanza. Even in their dreams, they find no peace; they are consumed by the fires of intense anxiety.[Speaking ,generally, it can be stated that Manmukhs lead a very misrable life.]

ਸਭਨਾ ਕਾ ਦਾਤਾ ਏਕੁ ਹੈ ਆਪੇ ਬਖਸ ਕਰੇਇ ॥
ਕਹਣਾ ਕਿਛੂ ਨ ਜਾਵਈ ਜਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਦੇਇ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਆਪੇ ਜਾਣੈ ਸੋਇ ॥੪॥੯॥੪੨॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 30

In this stanza Guru Sahibaan impresses upon the fact that Both Gurmukhs and Manmukhs are made by the Lord Himself. He Himself takes mercy upon Manmukhs and nothing can be stated for sure as it is fairly known that nothing is in the hand of poor creatures and only that pleases the Lord come to pass. It is only by becoming Gurmukh that one can find the essence of the Lord and He knows His doings.

Meaning Of Gurmukh
SGGS Gurmukhi-Gurmukhi Dictionary
(1) ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਮੁਖ, (ਭਾਵ) ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਉਪਦੇਸ਼/ਸਿਖਿਆ ਵਿਚ। (2) ਗੁਰੂ ਵੱਲ ਮੂੰਹ ਕਰਕੇ, (ਭਾਵ) ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਰਜਾ ਵਿਚ ਤੁਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੁਕਮੀ ਬੰਦਾ। (3) ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਮੁਖ ਤੋਂ, (ਭਾਵ) ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਹੀਂ/ ਦੁਆਰਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਲੈ ਕੇ। (4) ਗੁਰੂ। (5) ਗੁਰ ਉਪਦੇਸ਼ ਰਾਹੀਂ/ਦੁਆਰਾ। (6) ਗੁਰਮੁਖਾਂ ਵਾਲੀ। (7) ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਵਾਸਤੇ/ਲਈ

Mahan Kosh Encyclopedia
ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਮੁਖ ਵਿੱਚ. ਭਾਵ- ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਉਪਦੇਸ਼ ਅਤੇ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿੱਚ. "ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਦੰ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਵੇਦੰ". (ਜਪੁ)। (2) ਗੁਰਮੁਖਤਾ ਕਰਕੇ. "ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮਿਲੀਐ ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਵਿਛੁਰੈ". (ਮਾਝ ਅਃ ਮਃ ੫)। (3) ਦੇਖੋ, ਗੁਰਮੁਖੀ। (4) ਦੇਖੋ, ਗੁਰਮੁਖ. "ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜੁਗਤਾ". (ਮਾਝ ਅਃ ਮਃ ੫)। (5) ਪ੍ਰਧਾਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ. ਆਦਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ. "ਓਅੰ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕੀਓ ਅਕਾਰਾ". (ਬਾਵਨ) ਓਅੰ (ਬ੍ਰਹਮ) ਆਦਿਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ। (6) ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਨੂੰ. "ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਦਾ ਹਜੂਰਿ". (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮਃ ੧).

Qualities of seeker
· Follow the Guru Teachings
· Meditate upon Him

Bhul Chuk Mauf

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM