• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sex - The Feed Of Body And Soul

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all!

Is this your mind's real behavior?
Someone starts a thread on the Guru's Vaak and your mind gets entangled with Ice-cream, Chocolate or the Kitchen.

Balbir Singh

Jan 15, 2008
Kansas & Haiti
Re: SEx the feed Of Body and Soul

ice creams

vanilla, strawberry, choco chip..

which one is everyone's favorite?

My best friend is African American and I am Irish/Native American (very light skinned... sort of pink). Whenever we go out to our favorite restaurant we always have ice cream afterwards -- she gets strawberry and I get chocolate.

:ice:

Variety is the spice of life!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Sherab ji, you do rock in the turban.

As for discussing ice cream -- the thread is about food for the body and the soul. We just decided to broaden the range of available choices.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Is this your mind's real behavior?
Someone starts a thread on the Guru's Vaak and your mind gets entangled with Ice-cream, Chocolate or the Kitchen.

I must admit this but this is fact that my mind do sway from main topics even if they are about Guru ji 's Word . I will look into your suggestion and maty be it is of some help

Anyways where is the candy man I like Butter Scotch

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ਮਨੁ ਜੀਵੈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਨਾਮੁ ਚਿਤੇਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
man jeevai prabh naam chithaerae ||1|| rehaao ||
My soul lives by reflecting upon the Name of God. ||1||Pause||

ਸਚੁ ਮੰਤ੍ਰੁ ਤੁਮਾਰਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਬਾਣੀ ॥
sach manthra thumaaraa anmrith baanee ||

True is Your Mantra, Ambrosial is the Bani of Your Word.

ਸੀਤਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਸੁਜਾਣੀ ॥੨॥
seethal purakh dhrisatt sujaanee ||2||
Cooling and soothing is Your Presence, all-knowing is Your gaze. ||2||

Guru Arjan Dev ji
Ang 18

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Sikh80 ji

Please take a break from talking this out. You are posting at lightening speed, and going to work too. Up all hours of the day and night. Never resting your mind. You need to back up a little because you are confusing people. If you are not feeling up-lifted by Gurbani, then you are probably burying yourself under. I am very concerned for you.

May be these days sikh80 is watching plenty of cricket and trying to match aussie fast bowlers speed.:}{}{}::}{}{}:

But in posting

kanwal295

SPNer
Mar 8, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand

GurFateh all who are linked to this post
isrIrwgu mhlw 3 ] (37-18)
Siree Raag, Third Mehl:
suix suix kwm ghylIey ikAw clih bwh lufwie ] (37-18, isrIrwgu, mÚ 3)
Listen, listen, O soul-bride: you are overtaken by sexual desire-why do you walk like that, swinging your arms in joy?

I think all those who have responded to this original post by Sikh80 have made a mockery of this platform. This is the Sikhism Philosophy Network and there is nothing philosophical in the teasing and poking of fun that is going on in the exchange of posts. I was interested in this new line of thread posted by sikh80 and expected people to respond responsibly. I think it is waste of time going through a horde of posts that are senseless. No wonder a lot of people do not post here or leave this platform. I think the moderators ought to look into these kind of exchanges which have no meaning but senseless batter!
Kanwal Jit Singh

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Dear Kanwaljit Singh Ji,

It's a good thing that you have fairly voiced your opinion about mockery.

Your comment as follows really makes sense from your viewpoint.

I think it is waste of time going through a horde of posts that are senseless.

I'm sure the Moderators will take your comments seriously.

Here are some definitions of the words senseless and mockery.

Thesaurus: senseless

adjective
  1. Lacking rational direction or purpose: meaningless, mindless, pointless, purposeless. Idioms: without rhyme or reason. See purpose/purposelessness.
  2. Displaying a complete lack of forethought and good sense: brainless, fatuous, foolish, insensate, mindless, silly, unintelligent, weak-minded, witless. See ability/inability, planned/unplanned.
  3. Lacking consciousness: cold, insensible, unconscious. Idioms: out cold, out like a light. See awareness/unawareness.
Thesaurus: mockery

noun
  1. Words or actions intended to evoke contemptuous laughter: derision, ridicule. See laughter, respect/contempt/standing.
  2. A false, derisive, or impudent imitation of something: burlesque, caricature, farce, mock, parody, sham, travesty. See respect/contempt/standing, same/different/compare.
  3. An object of amusement or laughter: butt3, jest, joke, laughingstock. See respect/contempt/standing.
Thank you, Kanwaljit Singh Ji.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
no no aadji

there is no place for some silly talk here..
after all we are all philosophers :)

namjap ji

have you read Haikus?

with that perspective go through my first ice cream post

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
[FONT=Arial Unicode MS,Arial Unicode MS]Page 553 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Unicode MS,Arial Unicode MS][FONT=AnmolDevanSpl,AnmolDevanSpl]ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਰਦਾਨਾ ੧ ॥ [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Unicode MS,Arial Unicode MS][FONT=Arial Unicode MS,Arial Unicode MS]सलोकु मरदाना १ ॥ [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Unicode MS,Arial Unicode MS][FONT=Arial,Arial]salok mardaanaa 1. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial Unicode MS,Arial Unicode MS]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Shalok, Mardaanaa: [/FONT]

[FONT=AnmolDevanSpl,AnmolDevanSpl]ਕਿਲ ਕਲਵਾਲੀ ਕਾਮੁ ਮਦੁ ਮਨੂਆ ਪੀਵਣਹਾਰੁ ॥ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Unicode MS,Arial Unicode MS]किल कलवाली कामु मदु मनूआ पीवणहारु ॥ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]kal kalvaalee kaam mad manoo-aa peevanhaar. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]The Dark Age of Kali Yuga is the vessel, filled with the wine of sexual desire; the mind is the drunkard. [/FONT]

[FONT=AnmolDevanSpl,AnmolDevanSpl]ਕਰ੍ੋਧ ਕਟੋਰੀ ਮੋਿਹ ਭਰੀ ਪੀਲਾਵਾ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ॥ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Unicode MS,Arial Unicode MS]कर्ोध कटोरी मोिह भरी पीलावा अहंकारु ॥ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]kroDh katoree mohi bharee peelaavaa ahaNkaar. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Anger is the cup, filled with emotional attachment, and egotism is the server.[/FONT]

[FONT=AnmolDevanSpl,AnmolDevanSpl]ਮਜਲਸ ਕੂੜੇ ਲਬ ਕੀ ਪੀ ਪੀ ਹੋਇ ਖੁਆਰੁ ॥ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Unicode MS,Arial Unicode MS]मजलस कूड़े लब की पी पी होइ खुआरु ॥ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]majlas koorhay lab kee pee pee ho-ay khu-aar. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Drinking too much in the company of falsehood and greed, one is ruined. [/FONT]

[FONT=AnmolDevanSpl,AnmolDevanSpl]ਕਰਣੀ ਲਾਹਿਣ ਸਤੁ ਗੁੜੁ ਸਚੁ ਸਰਾ ਕਿਰ ਸਾਰੁ ॥ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Unicode MS,Arial Unicode MS]करणी लाहिण सतु गुड़ु सचु सरा किर सारु ॥ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]karnee laahan sat gurh sach saraa kar saar. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]So let good deeds be your distillery, and Truth your molasses; in this way, make the most excellent wine of Truth. [/FONT]

[FONT=AnmolDevanSpl,AnmolDevanSpl]ਗੁਣ ਮੰਡੇ ਕਿਰ ਸੀਲੁ ਿਘਉ ਸਰਮੁ ਮਾਸੁ ਆਹਾਰੁ ॥ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Unicode MS,Arial Unicode MS]गुण मंडे किर सीलु िघउ सरमु मासु आहारु ॥ [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]gun manday kar seel ghi-o saram maas aahaar. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Make virtue your bread, good conduct the ghee, and modesty the meat to eat. [/FONT]

ਗੁਰਮੁਿਖ ਪਾਈਐ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਖਾਧੈ ਜਾਿਹ ਿਬਕਾਰ ॥੧॥
गुरमुिख पाईऐ नानका खाधै जािह िबकार ॥१॥
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial,Arial]gurmukh paa-ee-ai naankaa khaaDhai jaahi bikaar. ||1|| [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial,Arial]As Gurmukh, these are obtained, O Nanak; partaking of them, one's sins depart. ||1|| [/FONT]

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM