• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Secret Revealed By Satguru

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
SECRET REVEALED BY SATGURU
In Mlaar Ki Vaar Satguru Nanak hints about the secret of His being in every body.
Satguru starts with the ultimate truth about His being inexpressible; however, who mediate on Him, get lost in Him. In simple words they become aware of the secret and get involved seriously with Him. Religious show off goes in vain. Truth is that no one can realize Him without the help of true Guru. Why it so? Answer lies in the following lines.
Lets read and try to understand this stanza number 25 of Mlaar Ki Vaar.
ਪਉੜੀ ਹਉ ਕਿਆ ਆਖਾ ਇਕ ਜੀਭ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਕਿਨ ਹੀ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਚਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ ਸੇ ਤੁਝ ਹੀ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਇਆ ਇਕਿ ਭਗਵਾ ਵੇਸੁ ਕਰਿ ਭਰਮਦੇ ਵਿਣੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ਦੇਸ ਦਿਸੰਤਰ ਭਵਿ ਥਕੇ ਤੁਧੁ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਆਪੁ ਲੁਕਾਇਆ ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਰਤੰਨੁ ਹੈ ਕਰਿ ਚਾਨਣੁ ਆਪਿ ਦਿਖਾਇਆ ਆਪਣਾ ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਣਿਆ ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਸਚਿ ਸਮਾਇਆ ਆਵਾ ਗਉਣੁ ਬਜਾਰੀਆ ਬਾਜਾਰੁ ਜਿਨੀ ਰਚਾਇਆ ਇਕੁ ਥਿਰੁ ਸਚਾ ਸਾਲਾਹਣਾ ਜਿਨ ਮਨਿ ਸਚਾ ਭਾਇਆ ੨੫ {ਪੰਨਾ 1290}
(Meaning: in essence oh my Lord I cannot express you because you are Infinite. Who mediate on your word (praise), are lost in you. There are some who wear sadhu attire in search of you; truth remains that without the help of true Guru no one could realize you. There are some other who wander aimlessly far away but failed to understand that YOU have hidden your self within the beings. This fact is known only through the enlightening Shabad of Guru because HE himself shown this reality to Satguru. And there are other exhibitionists who stay in the cycle of birth and death. People who are blessed by Him praise the only Eternal One.
Important point in this stanza is about true Guru and his special encounter with The Infinite. In Majh ki Vaar Stanza 27, this idea is put in detail. It is not just saying that Guru enlightens but in reality behind this statement is a factual encounter. Sikhism teaches a way to realize Waheguru while living right in this Maya infested world. There is “mushakat”( hard toil) to do. It cannot be done by performing a few things (rituals, empty recitations) but to set on character development systematically. InRam Kli Mehla 1, (877). Satguru answers all those questions (why and how) to reach there in extremely beautiful words.
In Rag Parbhati Mehla 3 Bibhas, this fact is explained in context of people who do not believe such spiritual state of mind; by being a Sikh if some one likes Budha and his teachings and makes a statement that they are conveying the same message, I just cannot comprehend that. How they can relate these two religions to each other in this prespect. After having said that, I support the basic principle of humanity that everyone has the right to have an opinion. In this context, Buddhism faults the basic tenet of Sikhism . Here is Satguru waak about this
ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਏਹੁ ਸਰੀਰੁ ਹੈ ਗਿਆਨਿ ਰਤਨਿ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਹੋਇ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਮੂਲੁ ਨ ਜਾਣਨੀ ਮਾਣਸਿ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਨ ਹੋਇ ( 1346)
( In essence: This body of human being is a temple of The Creator, with the knowledge of eternity provided by Satguru, it is experienced. Self centered doesn’t know a bit about it and say it cannot be the temple of God”)
In Japji Satguru states about even the language that is used to communicate with The Almighty. Loud callings to God cannot be fruitful.
ਸਾਚਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਾਚੁ ਨਾਇ ਭਾਖਿਆ ਭਾਉ ਅਪਾਰੁ 11 Jap Ji -4
( In essence: He is the Eternal, His rule is eternal, to communicate with infinite Waheguru, love is the language).
That is another reason I repeat that falling in love with Him is the real way. To do that a battle within begins to remove barriers between Him and us. Any other short cut doesn’t appear to be approved by Satguru ji. As highly influenced by Brahmin thinking, some people claim to achieve some thing by reciting some special shabads. Satguru ji goes contrary to this and advises us to follow Guru only to be in love with Him because Satguru is blessed to have that experience personally; rest should be left on the Almighty. .For this very reason, revering Satguru becomes a strong emotional set up in our minds. In this context following Satguru waak is elevating:
ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਸੁੰਦਰਿ ਆਪਣਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਮਜੀਠੈ ਰੰਗਿ ਰੀ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਸਿਆਣਪ ਚਾਤੁਰੀ ਤੂੰ ਜਾਣੁ ਗੁਪਾਲਹਿ ਸੰਗਿ ਰੀ ਰਹਾਉ ( 400 )
( In essence: This beautiful mind should be absorbed in His Naam. All other intectual games should be abandoned and one must be aware of the fact that Waheguru is always with us.)

Above idea is conveying the same idea we started with.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
pk70

Sometimes it is a little difficult to figure out just one thing in your several eloquent writings. Please clarify for me.

When you use the term Satguru and the Guru, are you refering to Waheguru, and to Guruji, Sri Guru Granth Sahib. It is not always clear.

Thank you for any light you can shed on this.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
pk70

Sometimes it is a little difficult to figure out just one thing in your several eloquent writings. Please clarify for me.

When you use the term Satguru and the Guru, are you refering to Waheguru, and to Guruji, Sri Guru Granth Sahib. It is not always clear.

Thank you for any light you can shed on this.

aad0002 ji

When I describe what Satguru says if there is no special reference to Mehla, I use the Word Satguru for Guru Granth Sahib; hoever, if stress is given on high reverence of Guru ji in a special shabad, then Guru is applicable to all Guru Sahiban. It is hard for me to write any thing about Gurbani without using language that shows high esteem towards Guru SahibAn. After all, who has taken us to this path? Satguru. Today, Guru is known as Guru Granth Sahib, I call GGS JI also Satguru. While studying Satguru Nanak, if reference anout His grace, Satguru uses Guru/Satguru word for The Almighty. If Guru Nanak ji stressing on an importance of Guru, he may have given reference to true Guru because he gives reference in many shabad of past enlightened persons saying that all who realized in the past, was also because of Guru.
Let me add one thing more in this context. Satguru Nanak, unlike other Guru Sahiban, doesnt talk about himself but Him or a true Guru who has an experienced Him. Why usually without Guru the realization becomes impossible? Human mind is in control of ego. When we try and get a part of elevation by being in tuned to Him, we start saying " we or I" Elimination of " ego" is mandatory. Krishnamurti tried to prove that there is no need of Guru. He got surounded by egoists. Why? Becuase they started feeling to have the knowledge. If you have read some stories about how Satguru Nanak ji passed on Gurgaddi, there were some tests. fundamental idea was to see if " I " was there. Second Nanak ji passed all test because there was no " I " left within. Even today, while writing, discussing about Gurbani, we lose cool. Start showing our displeasure through words, like judging others instead of showing simple disagreement. What is all this? We take a fall from the path. Most of us do that. A strong feeling of being guided by Satguru, our "we" awareness decreases slowly. We start feeling guilty about our harsh behaviuor. We can learn very well here about why Satguru is so important. His memory in mind keeps us straight, sense of self analyzation starts getting stronger. The stronger the practice of getting rid of ego, better chances we have to achieve our goals. We start, in this process, crediting good qualities shown by us to Guru ji and taking responsibility for bad behaviuor on ourself. A journey begins not alone but with our revered Satguru. Now we are battling ourself while having presence of Guru within,instead of judging others. Constant struggle can change us completely. I must say I have been battling with myself as per guidance of Satguru for years. There are some positive results. Hope I havent gone out of context.
Thanks for asking, my pleasure. I learn from all.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: