Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Scientific Explanation Of Mool Mantra

Discussion in 'Jap Ji Sahib' started by dalvindersingh grewal, Jun 19, 2017 at 4:45 AM.

1. dalvindersingh grewal

dalvindersingh grewal India
    Expand Collapse
    Writer Historian SPNer Contributor

Scientific explanation of Mool Mantra
    Dr Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Singularity of origin of umiverse: The origin of the entire universe lies in one single point i.e., Ik Ongkaar. It is a known fact now that the universe is expanding.Extrapolation of the expansion of the universe backwards in time and space using general relativity yields an infinite densityand temperature at a finite time and place in the past.

After some passage of time the expansion in the universe may stop bringing in the possibility of contraction. When this contraction approaches a particular size it will start expanding resulting in a pulsating universe with alternate expansion and contraction of universe. From zero state, the process of expansion is automatic and natural.

According to the Law of Nature the universe is made of energy. The law of conservation of energy states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed: it can only be transformed from one state to another. The energy is continuously transforming. This continuous transformation can be stated as continuous change. Thus the content of energy remains the same; it neither increases nor decreases, it only changes forms.Entire energy is in continuity and so is the change which is continuous.

The changing energy has been continuously working earlier for condensation and reaching the final condensation state this energy further worked for expansion. Since the application of this force is continuous the change is continuous and there would have been no pause as such. It is like a pendulum; like a sinusoidal wave which continues forever and will continue so. Universe has been expanding and contracting and then again expanding. This has been going on from time immemorial.

upload_2017-6-19_4-43-54.png

Sat(i)nam:
    Since this point of origin i.e., Infinity is permanent; it is unchangeable. The permanent truth is the one which is never changeable. Hence the One is the only Permanent Truth and has been named so: Sat(i)nam

Karta Purukh: The origin of the universe thus lies in infinity i.e., The Creator and in the Natural law of Change. Everything – space, time, energy and forces – expanded from the Eternity. Early space comprised mostly of gases. From air (from H2, O2) originated water (H2O), and oceans, lakes, and rivers streamed. The early atmosphere was formed. Electrons, quarks and gluons were created as building blocks for all atoms. The Eternal Singularity manifested through creation and permeated in everything. Gases appeared. This in turn led to the formation of water wherein the first primitive life forms appeared. These evolved into more complex creatures and ultimately migrated to live on land. Evolution of all living things continued over millions of years resulting in the present variety of plant, animal and human life. The origin of the universe thus lies in infinity which is the single point of origin ‘The One’ where from everything originated; ‘Ongkar’ whose Name is True and is the Complete Creator (Karta Purukh) since no one else can be stated as the Creator.

Since there is only One Creator remaining being His Creation; there is none else equal to Him. There being the only One Creator and his Creation which He created out of His own energy; there can be no rivalry. Once there is no rivalary, the question of any fear or enmity does not arise. Hence He is ‘Without Fear’ and ‘Without Enmity’ (Nirbhau Nirvair).

Since the origin lies in Infinity; so does the originator’s existence i.e., Infinity. He is hence beyond time ‘Akaal’ andif He is to be visualized in any form it is the ‘Akaal Moort(i).

As He is permanent (sat) and beyond time (Akaal), He is beyond birth and death and is not into changing lives (Ajooni).

If He exists how has He been created and who has created Him? None else other than Himself since there is no one else to create Him! He then can be said to have created Himself (Saibhang).

How can we know Him, see Him or meet Him? It can only be through a person who has the experience of knowing, seeing or meeting Him; who can guide us as well. This guide or the Guru guidance thus becomes essential. How to get the guidance from the Guru? It can only be if the guru is pleased that he can bestow us the knowledge. It is the Guru’s benevolence (Gurparsad(i)) of this guide that we get the knowledge of God and His Creation; knowledge how to meet Him; the knowledge how to be with Him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Loved It! Loved It! x 1
  2. Loading...