• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Scientific Explanation Of Mool Mantra

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010

Scientific explanation of Mool Mantra
Dr Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Singularity of origin of umiverse: The origin of the entire universe lies in one single point i.e., Ik Ongkaar. It is a known fact now that the universe is expanding.Extrapolation of the expansion of the universe backwards in time and space using general relativity yields an infinite densityand temperature at a finite time and place in the past.

After some passage of time the expansion in the universe may stop bringing in the possibility of contraction. When this contraction approaches a particular size it will start expanding resulting in a pulsating universe with alternate expansion and contraction of universe. From zero state, the process of expansion is automatic and natural.

According to the Law of Nature the universe is made of energy. The law of conservation of energy states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed: it can only be transformed from one state to another. The energy is continuously transforming. This continuous transformation can be stated as continuous change. Thus the content of energy remains the same; it neither increases nor decreases, it only changes forms.Entire energy is in continuity and so is the change which is continuous.

The changing energy has been continuously working earlier for condensation and reaching the final condensation state this energy further worked for expansion. Since the application of this force is continuous the change is continuous and there would have been no pause as such. It is like a pendulum; like a sinusoidal wave which continues forever and will continue so. Universe has been expanding and contracting and then again expanding. This has been going on from time immemorial.

upload_2017-6-19_4-43-54.png

Sat(i)nam:
Since this point of origin i.e., Infinity is permanent; it is unchangeable. The permanent truth is the one which is never changeable. Hence the One is the only Permanent Truth and has been named so: Sat(i)nam

Karta Purukh: The origin of the universe thus lies in infinity i.e., The Creator and in the Natural law of Change. Everything – space, time, energy and forces – expanded from the Eternity. Early space comprised mostly of gases. From air (from H2, O2) originated water (H2O), and oceans, lakes, and rivers streamed. The early atmosphere was formed. Electrons, quarks and gluons were created as building blocks for all atoms. The Eternal Singularity manifested through creation and permeated in everything. Gases appeared. This in turn led to the formation of water wherein the first primitive life forms appeared. These evolved into more complex creatures and ultimately migrated to live on land. Evolution of all living things continued over millions of years resulting in the present variety of plant, animal and human life. The origin of the universe thus lies in infinity which is the single point of origin ‘The One’ where from everything originated; ‘Ongkar’ whose Name is True and is the Complete Creator (Karta Purukh) since no one else can be stated as the Creator.

Since there is only One Creator remaining being His Creation; there is none else equal to Him. There being the only One Creator and his Creation which He created out of His own energy; there can be no rivalry. Once there is no rivalary, the question of any fear or enmity does not arise. Hence He is ‘Without Fear’ and ‘Without Enmity’ (Nirbhau Nirvair).

Since the origin lies in Infinity; so does the originator’s existence i.e., Infinity. He is hence beyond time ‘Akaal’ andif He is to be visualized in any form it is the ‘Akaal Moort(i).

As He is permanent (sat) and beyond time (Akaal), He is beyond birth and death and is not into changing lives (Ajooni).

If He exists how has He been created and who has created Him? None else other than Himself since there is no one else to create Him! He then can be said to have created Himself (Saibhang).

How can we know Him, see Him or meet Him? It can only be through a person who has the experience of knowing, seeing or meeting Him; who can guide us as well. This guide or the Guru guidance thus becomes essential. How to get the guidance from the Guru? It can only be if the guru is pleased that he can bestow us the knowledge. It is the Guru’s benevolence (Gurparsad(i)) of this guide that we get the knowledge of God and His Creation; knowledge how to meet Him; the knowledge how to be with Him.

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
It is absolutely fascinating to see the scientific, philosophical, and spiritual overlaps of Sikhs!

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010

Scientific explanation of Mool Mantra
Dr Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Singularity of origin of umiverse: The origin of the entire universe lies in one single point i.e., Ik Ongkaar. It is a known fact now that the universe is expanding.Extrapolation of the expansion of the universe backwards in time and space using general relativity yields an infinite densityand temperature at a finite time and place in the past.

After some passage of time the expansion in the universe may stop bringing in the possibility of contraction. When this contraction approaches a particular size it will start expanding resulting in a pulsating universe with alternate expansion and contraction of universe. From zero state, the process of expansion is automatic and natural.

According to the Law of Nature the universe is made of energy. The law of conservation of energy states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed: it can only be transformed from one state to another. The energy is continuously transforming. This continuous transformation can be stated as continuous change. Thus the content of energy remains the same; it neither increases nor decreases, it only changes forms.Entire energy is in continuity and so is the change which is continuous.

The changing energy has been continuously working earlier for condensation and reaching the final condensation state this energy further worked for expansion. Since the application of this force is continuous the change is continuous and there would have been no pause as such. It is like a pendulum; like a sinusoidal wave which continues forever and will continue so. Universe has been expanding and contracting and then again expanding. This has been going on from time immemorial.

View attachment 20235

Sat(i)nam:
Since this point of origin i.e., Infinity is permanent; it is unchangeable. The permanent truth is the one which is never changeable. Hence the One is the only Permanent Truth and has been named so: Sat(i)nam

Karta Purukh: The origin of the universe thus lies in infinity i.e., The Creator and in the Natural law of Change. Everything – space, time, energy and forces – expanded from the Eternity. Early space comprised mostly of gases. From air (from H2, O2) originated water (H2O), and oceans, lakes, and rivers streamed. The early atmosphere was formed. Electrons, quarks and gluons were created as building blocks for all atoms. The Eternal Singularity manifested through creation and permeated in everything. Gases appeared. This in turn led to the formation of water wherein the first primitive life forms appeared. These evolved into more complex creatures and ultimately migrated to live on land. Evolution of all living things continued over millions of years resulting in the present variety of plant, animal and human life. The origin of the universe thus lies in infinity which is the single point of origin ‘The One’ where from everything originated; ‘Ongkar’ whose Name is True and is the Complete Creator (Karta Purukh) since no one else can be stated as the Creator.

Since there is only One Creator remaining being His Creation; there is none else equal to Him. There being the only One Creator and his Creation which He created out of His own energy; there can be no rivalry. Once there is no rivalary, the question of any fear or enmity does not arise. Hence He is ‘Without Fear’ and ‘Without Enmity’ (Nirbhau Nirvair).

Since the origin lies in Infinity; so does the originator’s existence i.e., Infinity. He is hence beyond time ‘Akaal’ andif He is to be visualized in any form it is the ‘Akaal Moort(i).

As He is permanent (sat) and beyond time (Akaal), He is beyond birth and death and is not into changing lives (Ajooni).

If He exists how has He been created and who has created Him? None else other than Himself since there is no one else to create Him! He then can be said to have created Himself (Saibhang).

How can we know Him, see Him or meet Him? It can only be through a person who has the experience of knowing, seeing or meeting Him; who can guide us as well. This guide or the Guru guidance thus becomes essential. How to get the guidance from the Guru? It can only be if the guru is pleased that he can bestow us the knowledge. It is the Guru’s benevolence (Gurparsad(i)) of this guide that we get the knowledge of God and His Creation; knowledge how to meet Him; the knowledge how to be with Him.
Sat Sri Akaal,
Dalvinder Singh Ji, It is a nice scientifically written.
use ONE instead of he or she as it attracts duality whether energy is male or female. It contains both. Guru a BANI is oneness with one has no duality or contradiction.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,
Dalvinder Singh Ji, It is a nice scientifically written.
use ONE instead of he or she as it attracts duality whether energy is male or female. It contains both. Guru a BANI is oneness with one has no duality or contradiction.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

He or she are just symbols. Duality is just a state of mind and mindfulness. He is written as 'Karta Purukh' and not 'Karti Nari', I have not seen any one using Him as 'She'.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sar Sri Akaal,

Thought may be rejected it is not argument but perception of mind.

So far males have made effort to explain so he is written as Karta, if females have done explanation could have written she.

Knowledge path is self realisation, text reading without realisation may contain duality in understanding.

If karta Doer refers to energy
Poorakh As complete source of energy

Than how it can be male only. It is part of male and female

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Sar Sri Akaal,

Thought may be rejected it is not argument but perception of mind.

So far males have made effort to explain so he is written as Karta, if females have done explanation could have written she.

Knowledge path is self realisation, text reading without realisation may contain duality in understanding.

If karta Doer refers to energy
Poorakh As complete source of energy

Than how it can be male only. It is part of male and female

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Please mention clearly what you want to say. Nothing can be understood from half sentences. Either it should be a clear question or a clear statement. It will be better if you let me know in clear terms if you want any reply from me? If not, what do you want to say?

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

He is not appropriate in spiritual concern. One is the expression without duality for seekers, of course learned have no duality. But for people who may have understanding like me evoke duality.
Only learned can take this without duality.

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

He is not appropriate in spiritual concern. One is the expression without duality for seekers, of course learned have no duality. But for people who may have understanding like me evoke duality.
Only learned can take this without duality.
Teaching of SGGS are not that complicated as is being made out. If we follow the teachings in a practical manner and go on developing ourselves as desired by SGGS; we can be clear of all duality. Duality only comes when we do not follow the teachings.

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK

I think adding gender (using the word he) to your otherwise very interesting and great post distracts from your overall proposition.. I think we have to look at a more esoteric definition of 'karta purukh' could it be genderless in the sense of 'active force'

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
I think adding gender (using the word he) to your otherwise very interesting and great post distracts from your overall proposition.. I think we have to look at a more esoteric definition of 'karta purukh' could it be genderless in the sense of 'active force'
Can you suggest some within the provisions of Mool Mantar? I will be pleased.

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
P
1primal source expanding infinitely, creative essence

As I said I find all translations problematic, mool mantar is a unique expression of truth that expressed any other way than the way it is in bani limited.. It's a real academic challenge

Please find a small poetic rendition in Punjabi of Mool mantra
ਇਕ ਓਅੰਕਾਰ
ਡਾ: ਦਲਵਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਗ੍ਰੇਵਾਲ
ਇਕ ਓਅੰਕਾਰ, ਇੱਕ ਓਅੰਕਾਰ।
ਇਕੋ ਤੂੰ ਹੀ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰ।
ਇਕੋ ਤੂੰ ਰਚਿਆ ਸੰਸਾਰ।
ਤੇਰਾ ਸੱਚਾ ਨਾਮ ਆਧਾਰ
ਇਕੋ ਤੂੰ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ।
ਇਕ ਤੂੰ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਪਾਰ।
ਆਪਾ ਰਚ ਵਸਿਆ ਵਿਚਕਾਰ।
ਇਕੋ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰਾ ਕਰਤਾਰ।
ਇਕੋ ਤੂੰ ਹੀ ਬਖਸ਼ਣਹਾਰ।
ਨਾਮ ਧਿਆਵਾਂ ਦਿਲ ਵਿਚ ਧਾਰ।
ਆਪ ਮਿਟਾਵਾਂ ਤੁਧ ਵਿਚਕਾਰ।

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
In my opinion, it is more a Scientific exploration than an explanation because we, and the things that we are surrounded by are all work in progress and this progress is explored with time because of its constant changes.
The same is true for Sikhi where a Sikh learns, unlearns and re-learns with every breath.

Here is my take on Mool Mantar expressed many moons ago.

Mool Mantar - The Blueprint Of Sikhi Marg

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
In my opinion, it is more a Scientific exploration than an explanation because we, and the things that we are surrounded by are all work in progress and this progress is explored with time because of its constant changes.
The same is true for Sikhi where a Sikh learns, unlearns and re-learns with every breath.

Mool Mantar - The Blueprint Of Sikhi Marg

We must differentiate from eternal truth and what we see as true, which may not be actually true. Also please note. In your blue print some very significant points are missed. I will give only one. ਜਪੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚ ਮੂਲ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਾਂ ਮੰਗਲਾਚਰਣ ਪਿਛੋਂ ‘ਜਪੁ’ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ।।‘ਜਪੁ’।। ਨੂੰ ਅੱਗੇ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਲੱਗੇ ਪੂਰਨ ਵਿਰਾਮ ਇਸ ਦੀ ਮੂਲ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਾਂ ਗੁਰਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਤੋਂ ਵਖਰੀ ਪਹਿਚਾਣ ਦਰਸਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ।
Jap here relates to meditating on the One Who have all the qualities from Ik ongkar to Gurparsad(i) in it. Mool mantar is one entity and not different entities as described.it is upto Gurparsad(i) only. Jap is a separate activity. Aad(i) sach(u), jugad(i) sach(u) hai bhi sach(u) hosi bhi sach(u) is also separate from moolmantra or manglacharan

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
[Tejwant Singh said:

Mool Mantar - The Blueprint Of Sikhi Marg]

We must differentiate from eternal truth and what we see as true, which may not be actually true. Also please note. In your blue print some very significant points are missed. I will give only one. ਜਪੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚ ਮੂਲ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਾਂ ਮੰਗਲਾਚਰਣ ਪਿਛੋਂ ‘ਜਪੁ’ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ।।‘ਜਪੁ’।। ਨੂੰ ਅੱਗੇ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਲੱਗੇ ਪੂਰਨ ਵਿਰਾਮ ਇਸ ਦੀ ਮੂਲ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਾਂ ਗੁਰਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਤੋਂ ਵਖਰੀ ਪਹਿਚਾਣ ਦਰਸਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ।
Jap here relates to meditating on the One Who have all the qualities from Ik ongkar to Gurparsad(i) in it. Mool mantar is one entity and not different entities as described.it is upto Gurparsad(i) only. Jap is a separate activity. Aad(i) sach(u), jugad(i) sach(u) hai bhi sach(u) hosi bhi sach(u) is also separate from moolmantra or manglacharan

dalvindersinghgrewal ji,

Guru Fateh.

"We must differentiate from eternal truth and what we see as true, which may not be actually true."
Well said and I agree with you. Please help me differentiate with the help of Guru Granth our only Guru.
1. Please define eternal truth with concrete examples from the SGGS.
2.Please define "what we see as true, which may not be actually true" with concrete examples from the SGGS.
Thanks.

"Also please note. In your blue print some very significant points are missed. I will give only one. ਜਪੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚ ਮੂਲ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਾਂ ਮੰਗਲਾਚਰਣ ਪਿਛੋਂ ‘ਜਪੁ’ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ।।‘ਜਪੁ’।। ਨੂੰ ਅੱਗੇ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਲੱਗੇ ਪੂਰਨ ਵਿਰਾਮ ਇਸ ਦੀ ਮੂਲ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਾਂ ਗੁਰਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਤੋਂ ਵਖਰੀ ਪਹਿਚਾਣ ਦਰਸਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ।"
What is written in Gurmukhi are your thoughts or are they borrowed from someone else?
Either way, pardon my ignorance but I have no idea what you are trying to say. Please elaborate in layman's term so I can grasp them.

"Jap here relates to meditating on the One Who have all the qualities from Ik ongkar to Gurparsad(i) in it. Mool mantar is one entity and not different entities as described.it isupto Gurparsad(i) only. Jap is a separate activity. Aad(i) sach(u), jugad(i) sach(u) haibhisach(u) hosibhisach(u) is also separate from moolmantra or manglacharan."

I want to apologise up front because some of my questions may make you frown but I am here to learn, hence my questions will be to learn from you starting with the kindergarten of Sikhi.

1. What is Jap as per Sikhi and how does a Sikh practice it so he/she can use it in his/her everyday life of Miri ?
2. What is meditating as per Sikhi?
3. Please explain the difference of the word in Sikhi as you know meditating/meditation is the lexicon in many other religions hence used quite often.
4. What do you mean by entity and entities in your post?

I am sorry, but you have to explain the rest to me in the layman's terms.
Thanks for your keen interest.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
[Tejwant Singh said:

Mool Mantar - The Blueprint Of Sikhi Marg]

dalvindersinghgrewal ji,

Guru Fateh.

"We must differentiate from eternal truth and what we see as true, which may not be actually true."
Well said and I agree with you. Please help me differentiate with the help of Guru Granth our only Guru.
1. Please define eternal truth with concrete examples from the SGGS.
2.Please define "what we see as true, which may not be actually true" with concrete examples from the SGGS.
Thanks.

"Also please note. In your blue print some very significant points are missed. I will give only one. ਜਪੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚ ਮੂਲ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਾਂ ਮੰਗਲਾਚਰਣ ਪਿਛੋਂ ‘ਜਪੁ’ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ।।‘ਜਪੁ’।। ਨੂੰ ਅੱਗੇ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਲੱਗੇ ਪੂਰਨ ਵਿਰਾਮ ਇਸ ਦੀ ਮੂਲ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਾਂ ਗੁਰਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਤੋਂ ਵਖਰੀ ਪਹਿਚਾਣ ਦਰਸਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ।"
What is written in Gurmukhi are your thoughts or are they borrowed from someone else?
Either way, pardon my ignorance but I have no idea what you are trying to say. Please elaborate in layman's term so I can grasp them.

"Jap here relates to meditating on the One Who have all the qualities from Ik ongkar to Gurparsad(i) in it. Mool mantar is one entity and not different entities as described.it isupto Gurparsad(i) only. Jap is a separate activity. Aad(i) sach(u), jugad(i) sach(u) haibhisach(u) hosibhisach(u) is also separate from moolmantra or manglacharan."

I want to apologise up front because some of my questions may make you frown but I am here to learn, hence my questions will be to learn from you starting with the kindergarten of Sikhi.

1. What is Jap as per Sikhi and how does a Sikh practice it so he/she can use it in his/her everyday life of Miri ?
2. What is meditating as per Sikhi?
3. Please explain the difference of the word in Sikhi as you know meditating/meditation is the lexicon in many other religions hence used quite often.
4. What do you mean by entity and entities in your post?

I am sorry, but you have to explain the rest to me in the layman's terms.
Thanks for your keen interest.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Dear tejwant Ji,
In reply to your questions my article on meditation 'japu' is available on this net.
However before this one must be clear about your purpose in life. I am attaching below my article on this aspect which will clear most of your doubt. Please note that I have not moved an iota from Sri Guru Granth Sahib which I consider as my True Guru.

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਜੀਵਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ

ਰੱਬੀ ਜੋਤ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਜਗ ਤੇ ਆਇਆ।

ਏ ਸਰੀਰਾ ਮੇਰਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਤੁਮ ਮਹਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਰਖੀ ਤਾ ਤੂ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਆਇਆ ॥ (ਅਨੰਦ, ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧)

ਇਹ ਮਨੁਖਾ ਦੇਹੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਲਣ ਲਈ ਮਿਲੀ ਹੈ:

ਭਈ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ॥ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਰੀਆ॥ (ਆਸਾ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੨)

ਪਰ ਕੀ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੇ ਜੱਗ ਵਿਚ ਆਕੇ ਅਜੇਹੇ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਏ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ ਹੋਵੇ ਤੇ ਉਸਦੀ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਸੁਭਾਗੀ ਬਣੇ? ਜਿਸ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਰਚਨਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੇ ਉਸਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਧਿਆਇਆ ।

ਏ ਸਰੀਰਾ ਮੇਰਿਆ ਇਸੁ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਆਇ ਕੈ ਕਿਆ ਤੁਧੁ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਇਆ ॥ ਕੀ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਇਆ ਤੁਧੁ ਸਰੀਰਾ ਜਾ ਤੂ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਆਇਆ ॥ ਜਿਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਤੇਰਾ ਰਚਨੁ ਰਚਿਆ ਸੋ ਹਰਿ ਮਨਿ ਨ ਵਸਾਇਆ ॥ (ਅਨੰਦ, ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧)

ਮਨੁੱਖ ਜੋ ਨਾਮ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ ਦਾ ਲਾਹਾ ਲੈਣ ਜੱਗ ਤੇ ਆਇਆ ਹੈ ਕਿਨ੍ਹੀਂ ਘਟੀਆ ਕੰਮੀਂ ਲੱਗ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਉਸਦੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਬੀਤ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ?

ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਤੂੰ ਆਇਆ ਲਾਹਾ ਲੈਣਿ ॥ ਲਗਾ ਕਿਤੁ ਕੁਫਕੜੇ ਸਭ ਮੁਕਦੀ ਚਲੀ ਰੈਣਿ ॥ ੧ ॥ (ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੪੩)

ਕਾਮ, ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਨੇ ਮਨ ਬੰਨ੍ਹ ਲਿਆ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਮੋਹ ਨੇ ਸਰੀਰ। ਲੋਭ ਲਾਲਚ ਅਹੰਕਾਰ ਪੀਰ ਬਣ ਗਏ ਹਨ। ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਧੀਰਜ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਪਵੇ?

ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁੁ ਮਨਿ ਮੋਹੁ ਸਰੀਰਾ ॥ ਲਬੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ਸੁ ਪੀਰਾ ॥ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨੁ ਕਿਉ ਮਨੁ ਧੀਰਾ ॥ ੨ ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੪)
ਮਨੁਖ ਦੀ ਇਹ ਸਾਰੀ ਦੁਨੀਆਂ ਹੀ ਯਮ ਨੇ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਵਿਚ ਬੰਨ੍ਹ ਰੱਖੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਇਕ ਨਾਮ ਹੀ ਛੁਡਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ:

ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹਿ ਜਗੁ ਬਾਧਾ ਜਮਕਾਲਿ ॥ ਬਾਂਧਾ ਛੂਟੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮੑਾਲਿ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੫)

ਹਉਮੈ, ਮੋਹ, ਮਾਇਆ, ਮਮਤਾ ਆਦਿ ਤੋਂ ਛੁਟਕਾਰਾ ਸਿਰਫ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਣ ਸਦਕਾ ਹੀ ਮਿਲ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ:

ਜਿਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਤਜੀ ਕਰਤਾ ਰਾਮੁ ਪਛਾਨਿ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਵਹੁ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨਰੁ ਇਹ ਮਨ ਸਾਚੀ ਮਾਨੁ ॥ ੧੯ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧੪੨੭)
ਜਿਹਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਮਤਾ ਤਜੀ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਭਇਓ ਉਦਾਸੁ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਨੁ ਰੇ ਮਨਾ ਤਿਹ ਘਟਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ (ਮ: ੯ ਪੰਨਾ, ੧੪੨੭)॥ ੧੮ ॥
ਜਿਹ ਘਟਿ ਸਿਮਰਨੁ ਰਾਮ ਕੋ ਸੋ ਨਰੁ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਜਾਨੁ ॥ ਤਿਹਿ ਨਰ ਹਰਿ ਅੰਤਰੁ ਨਹੀ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਚੀ ਮਾਨੁ ॥ ੪੩ ॥ (ਮ:੯, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੪੨੮)
ਕਲ ਮੈ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨਾਮ ਤੇ ਪਾਵਤ ਗੁਰੁ ਯਹ ਭੇਦੁ ਬਤਾਵੈ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋਈ ਨਰੁ ਗਰੂਆ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੇ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵੈ
॥ ੩ ॥ ੩ ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੮੩੧)
ਜਉ ਹੋਇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲ ਤ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਲੈ ਸਭਿ ਸੁਖ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਨਾਏ ॥ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਭਇਆ ਬੰਧਨ ਗੁਰਿ ਖੋਲੇ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਏ ॥ ੪ ॥ ੧੪ ॥ ੧੫੨ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੨੧੩)

ਮਨ ਤਾਂ ਦਸਾਂ ਦਿਸ਼ਾਵਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਭ੍ਰਮਦਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਮਾਇਆ ਵਿਚ ਮਗਨ ਲੋਭ ਦੇ ਸੁਆਦ ਵਿਚ ਮਨ ਨੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੂੰ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਭੁਲਾ ਦਿਤਾ ਹੈ। ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਹਰੀ ਦੀ ਕਥਾ, ਹਰੀ ਦੇ ਜਸ ਇਕ ਪਲ ਵੀ ਮਨ ਲਾਕੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੁਣੇ।ਬਿਗਾਨੇ ਦੁਨਿਆਵੀ ਕਸੁੰਭੀ ਕੱਚੇ ਰੰਗਾਂ ਤੇ ਖੁਸ਼ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਅਪਣੇ ਘਰ ਜਾਣਾ ਭੁੱਲ ਗਿਆ । ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਚਰਨ ਕਮਲਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤਾ ਤੇ ਸੱਚੇ ਪੁਰਖ ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਨਾਇਆ। ਤੇਲੀ ਦੇ ਕੋਹਲੂ ਦੇ ਬੈਲ ਵਾਂਗੂ ਲਗਾਤਾਰ ਚਲਦਾ ਭਟਕਦਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਧਾਇਓ ਰੇ ਮਨ ਦਹ ਦਿਸ ਧਾਇਓ ॥ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਗਨ ਸੁਆਦਿ ਲੋਭਿ ਮੋਹਿਓ ਤਿਨਿ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਆਪਿ ਭੁਲਾਇਓ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਕਥਾ ਹਰਿ ਜਸ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਸਿਉ ਇਕੁ ਮੁਹਤੁ ਨ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਲਾਇਓ ॥ ਬਿਗਸਿਓ ਪੇਖਿ ਰੰਗੁ ਕਸੁੰਭ ਕੋ ਪਰ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਜੋਹਨਿ ਜਾਇਓ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਚਰਨ ਕਮਲ ਸਿਉ ਭਾਉ ਨ ਕੀਨੋ ਨਹ ਸਤ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਮਨਾਇਓ ॥ ਧਾਵਤ ਕਉ ਧਾਵਹਿ ਬਹੁ ਭਾਤੀ ਜਿਉ ਤੇਲੀ ਬਲਦੁ ਭ੍ਰਮਾਇਓ ॥ ੨ ॥ (ਟੋਡੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੭੧੨)

ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਝੂਠ ਨਾਲ ਮਨ ਭਰ ਲਿਆ ਪਰ ਨਾ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਭੇਦ ਬੁਝਿਆ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਹੀ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਅਪਣਾਇਆ।ਕਦੇ ਵੀ ਕੋਈ ਪਰਉਪਕਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤਾ ਤੇ ਨਾਂ ਹੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਹੀ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਧਿਆਇਆ।ਕਾਮ, ਕ੍ਰੋਧ, ਲੋਭ, ਮੋਹ ਹੰਕਾਰ ਦੇ ਪੰਜ ਦੂਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਮਦ ਮਸਤ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਮਾਇਆ ਨਾਲ ਜੁੜਿਆ ਰਿਹਾ।

ਨਾਨਾ ਝੂਠਿ ਲਾਇ ਮਨੁ ਤੋਖਿਓ ਨਹ ਬੂਝਿਓ ਅਪਨਾਇਓ ॥ ੩ ॥ ਪਰਉਪਕਾਰ ਨ ਕਬਹੂ ਕੀਏ ਨਹੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਿ ਧਿਆਇਓ ॥ ਪੰਚ ਦੂਤ ਰਚਿ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਗੋਸਟਿ ਮਤਵਾਰੋ ਮਦ ਮਾਇਓ ॥ ੪ ॥ (ਟੋਡੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੭੧੨)

ਬਿਨਾ ਸਮਝੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਜੱਗ ਤੇ ਕਿਸ ਕੰਮ ਦਾ? ਸਜਦਾ ਸੰਵਰਦਾ ਤਾਂ ਬੜਾ ਹੈ ਪਰ ਲਗਦਾ ਇਉਂ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਮੁਰਦੇ ਦੇ ਮਹਿੰਗੇ ਕਪੜੇ ਪਾਕੇ ਸਜਾਵਟ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੋਵੇ। ਮਾਇਆ ਇਕੱਠੀ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ ਭਜ ਭਜ ਕੇ ਮਿਹਨਤ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ।ਨਾ ਦਾਨ ਨਾ ਪੁੰਨ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਭਲੇ ਪੁਰਖਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੋਰ ਕੁਫਕੜੇ ਕੰਮ ਕਿਤੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਫਲਦੇ:

ਮਾਨੁਖੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਬੂਝੇ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਆਇਆ ॥ ਅਨਿਕ ਸਾਜ ਸੀਗਾਰ ਬਹੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਜਿਉ ਮਿਰਤਕੁ ਓਢਾਇਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਧਾਇ ਧਾਇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਨ ਸ੍ਰਮੁ ਕੀਨੋ ਇਕਤ੍ਰ ਕਰੀ ਹੈ ਮਾਇਆ ॥ ਦਾਨੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਸੰਤਨ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਿਤ ਹੀ ਕਾਜਿ ਨ ਆਇਆ ॥ ੧ ॥ (ਟੋਡੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੭੧੨)

ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨ ਅਤੇ ਸੁੱਚਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤੀ ਇਕ ਪਲ ਵੀ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਸਿਫਤ ਸਲਾਹ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤੀ।

ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਨ ਕੀਓ ਇਕ ਨਿਮਖ ਨ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਗਾਇਓ ॥ (ਟੋਡੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੭੧੨)

ਪਵਿਤਰ ਸੁੱਚਾ ਮਨ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਹੋਵੇ? ਕੂੜ ਦੀ ਕੰਧ ਤੋੜ ਕੇ ਸਚਿਆਰਾ ਬਣ ਕੇ।ਹੁਕਮ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿਕੇ।

ਕਿਵ ਸਚਿਆਰਾ ਹੋਈਐ ਕਿਵ ਕੈੜੈ ਤੁਟੈ ਪਾਲਿ॥ ਹੁਕਮ ਰਜ਼ਾਈ ਚਲਣਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਨਾਲਿ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧)

ਕੂੜ ਦੀ ਕੰਧ ਕਿਹੜੀ ਹੈ?

ਇਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ, ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ,ਲੋਭ, ਹੰਕਾਰ ਸਭ ਕੂੜ ਦੀਆਂ ਕੰਧਾਂ ਹਨ

ਸਚਿਆਰ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਬਣੀਏਂ?

ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਤੋਂ ਨਾਤਾ ਤੋੜ, ਹਉਮੈਂ ਮਿਟਾ, ਕਾਮ, ਕ੍ਰੋਧ, ਲੋਭ, ਮੋਹ, ਅਹੰਕਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਨਾਮ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਮਨੋਂ ਮਾਰਕੇ ਤੇ ਰੱਬ ਦੇ ਹੁਕਮ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਚੱਲਕੇ।

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਕਰੋ ਤਾਂ ਉਹ ਭਗਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਇਕ ਦਮ ਸਾਰ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਹ ਅਪਣੇ ਭਗਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਲਾਜ ਰੱਖ ਅਪਣਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਕਰਉ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਵਛਲ ਸੁਣਿ ਆਇਓ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਭਾਗਿ ਪਰਿਓ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਛੈ ਰਾਖੁ ਲਾਜ ਅਪੁਨਾਇਓ ॥ ੫ ॥ ੧ ॥ ੩ ॥ (ਟੋਡੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੭੧੨)

ਉਹ ਜੋ ਅਪਣੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ ਹੀ ਸਚ ਪਛਾਣ ਕੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਇਸ਼ਨਾਨ ਕਰੇ ਪਰ ਇਹ ਸਚਾ ਸ਼ਬਦ (ਨਾਮ) ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਹੀ ਪਛਾਣਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ:

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਨਾਵਣੁ ਸਾਚੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ॥ ਅੰਤਰ ਕੀ ਗਤਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਾਣੈ ॥ ਸਾਚ ਸਬਦ ਬਿਨੁ ਮਹਲੁ ਨ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥ ੩ ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੪)

ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ ਤਾਂ ਹੀ ਹਰੀ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਵਸੇਗਾ, ਨਹੀਂ ਤਾਂ ਉਸ ਨੇ ਜੋ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਕਰਮ ਕੀਤੇ ਹਨ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦਾ ਫਲ ਹੀ ਭੋਗੇਗਾ।ਇਹ ਸਰੀਰ ਤਾਂ, ਤਾਂ ਹੀ ਪਰਵਾਣ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ਜੇ ਸੱਚੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਨਾਲ ਨਿਹੁੰ ਲਾਇਆ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ।

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਨਿ ਵਸਿਆ ਪੂਰਬਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਪਾਇਆ॥ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਏਹੁ ਸਰੀਰੁ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ਹੋਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਿਉ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇਆ ॥ ੩੫ ॥ (ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧-੯੨੨)

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ ਤਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਝ ਆਵੇਗੀ ਕਿ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਘਰ ਕਿਹੜਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਉਹ ਅਪਣੇ ਘਰ ਨਾਮ ਸਹਾਰੇ ਹੀ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਬੁਝਿਆ ਤਾ ਚਲਤੁ ਹੋਆ ਚਲਤੁ ਨਦਰੀ ਆਇਆ ॥ (ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧)

ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੇ ਅੱਖਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਇਸ ਲਈ ਜੋਤ ਧਰੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੋਰ ਕੁਝ ਨਾ ਦੇਖੋ ਭਾਵ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਸਭ ਵਿਚ ਵੇਖੋ।ਹਰੀ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੋਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਵੇਖੋਗਾ ਤਾਂ ਉਹ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਉਤੇ ਨਦਰਿ-ਬਖਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਕਰਕੇ ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ ਨਿਹਾਲ ਕਰ ਦੇਵੇਗਾ।ਜੋ ਇਹ ਸਾਰਾ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਵੇਖ ਰਹੇ ਹੋ ਇਹ ਸਾਰਾ ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਹੀ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ, ਸਭ ਰਚਨਾ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਹੀ ਵੇਖਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ।ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਸਦਕਾ ਇਹ ਸਮਝ ਆ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੋਰ ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀਂ ਭਾਵ ਸਾਰਾ ੋਵਿਸ਼ਵ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ।ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਅੱਖਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਹਨੇਰੇ ਵਿਚ ਹੁੰਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾ ਨੂੰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਮਿਲੇ ਤੇ ਹੀ ਦਿਭ ਦ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਭਾਵ ਜਗਤ ਰਚਨਾ ਦੀ ਸਹੀ ਪਛਾਣ ਸੱਚਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੀ ਕਰਵਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਏ ਨੇਤ੍ਰਹੁ ਮੇਰਿਹੋ ਹਰਿ ਤੁਮ ਮਹਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਧਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਕੋਈ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਕੋਈ ਨਦਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਹਾਲਿਆ ॥ ਏਹੁ ਵਿਸੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਤੁਮ ਦੇਖਦੇ ਏਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਰੂਪੁ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਰੂਪੁ ਨਦਰੀ ਆਇਆ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਬੁਝਿਆ ਜਾ ਵੇਖਾ ਹਰਿ ਇਕੁ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਈ ॥ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਏਹਿ ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ਅੰਧ ਸੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਮਿਲਿਐ ਦਿਬ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਹੋਈ ॥ ੩੬ ॥ (ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧-੯੨੨)

ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੇ ਕੰਨ ਇਸ ਲਈ ਲਾਏ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਸੱਚੇ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕੇ।ਕੰਨ ਸਰੀਰ ਨਾਲ ਸੱਚੇ ਨਾਮ ਤੇ ਸੱਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਸੁਣਨ ਲਈ ਹੀ ਲਾਏ ਹਨ।ਸੱਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਤਨ ਮਨ ਹਰਾ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਬਾਗੋ-ਬਾਗ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਜੀਭ ਵਿਚ ਮਿਠਾਸ ਭਰ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ। ਸੱਚੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਨੂੰ ਬਿਆਨਣਾ ਅਸੰਭਵ ਹੈ ਉਸ ਬਾਰੇ ਪੂਰੀ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਬਿਆਨਿਆ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮ ਸੁਣ ਕੇ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਸੱਚੇ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਸੁਣਨ ਲਈ ਹੀ ਜਗਤ ਤੇ ਆਇਆ ਹੈ।

ਏ ਸ੍ਰਵਣਹੁ ਮੇਰਿਹੋ ਸਾਚੈ ਸੁਨਣੈ ਨੋ ਪਠਾਏ ॥ ਸਾਚੈ ਸੁਨਣੈ ਨੋ ਪਠਾਏ ਸਰੀਰਿ ਲਾਏ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਸਤਿ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਜਿਤੁ ਸੁਣੀ ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਹਰਿਆ ਹੋਆ ਰਸਨਾ ਰਸਿ ਸਮਾਣੀ ॥ ਸਚੁ ਅਲਖ ਵਿਡਾਣੀ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਗਤਿ ਕਹੀ ਨ ਜਾਏ ॥ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੋਵਹੁ ਸਾਚੈ ਸੁਨਣੈ ਨੋ ਪਠਾਏ ॥ ੩੭ ॥ (ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧-੯੨੨)

ਇਸ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਸਾਡਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਸਾਫ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸਾਡਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਸੱਚੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸਮਝਾਏ ਹੋਏ ਨਾਮ ਮਾਰਗ ਤੇ ਚੱਲਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਸੱਚੀ ਸਿਫਤ ਸਲਾਹ ਕਰਨਾ, ਉਸ ਦੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਰਚਨਾ ਨੂੰ ਉਸੇ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਸਮਝ ਕੇ ਪਿਆਰ ਕਰਨਾ ਤੇ ਅਪਣਾ ਤੇ ਉਸਦਾ ਫਰਕ ਮਿਟਾ ਕੇ ਉਸ ਵਿਚ ਸਮਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਲੋਭ ਮੋਹ ਹੰਕਾਰ ਮੋਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਮਤਾ ਤੋਂ ਮੁਕਤੀ ਪਾਉਣੀ ਹੈ ।ਇਸ ਲਈ ਸੱਚੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਲੱਭਣਾ ਉਸ ਤੋਂ ਸੱਚੀ ਸਿੱਖ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਨੀ ਤੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਬਣਨਾ ਹੈ। ਸੱਚੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਦਾ ਸਿੱਖ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਬਣੇ?

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥ ਉਦਮੁ ਕਰੇ ਭਲਕੇ ਪਰਭਾਤੀ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ॥ ਉਪਦੇਸਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪੁ ਜਾਪੈ ਸਭਿ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਪਾਪ ਦੋਖ ਲਹਿ ਜਾਵੈ ॥ ਫਿਰਿ ਚੜੈ ਦਿਵਸੁ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਗਾਵੈ ਬਹਦਿਆ ਉਠਦਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥ ਜੋ ਸਾਸਿ ਗਿਰਾਸਿ ਧਿਆਏ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥ ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਦਇਆਲੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਸੁਣਾਵੈ ॥ ਜਨੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਧੂੜਿ ਮੰਗੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਕੀ ਜੋ ਆਪਿ ਜਪੈ ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ॥ ੨ ॥ ਮਃ ੪ ॥(ਗਉੜੀ ਮ:੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੩੦੫)

ਇਕੋ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ ਹੋਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਿਉਂ ਹਰ ਦਮ ਧਿਆਨ ਲਾ ਕੇ ਰੱਖਣਾ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ ।ਭਲੇ ਪੁਰਸ਼ਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਗਿਆਨ ਉਤੇ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਚਲਣਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਤਨੋਂ ਮਨੋਂ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰਨੀ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ

ਮਨਸਾ ਏਕ ਮਾਨਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਸਿਉ ਨੇਤ ਧਿਆਨਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਦ੍ਰਿੜੁ ਸੰਤ ਮੰਤ ਗਿਆਨਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਸੇਵਾ ਗੁਰ ਚਰਾਨਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਤਉ ਮਿਲੀਐ ਗੁਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨਿ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨਾ ॥ ੧ ॥ (ਆਸਾਵਰੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੪੦੯)

ਜੋ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਦੇ ਜੀਵਦਿਆਂ ਹੀ ਮਰ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਭਾਵ ਮੋਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਤੋਂ ਨਾਤਾ ਤੋੜ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਹ ਦੁਨਿਆਵੀ ਭਵਸਾਗਰ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਰ ਕਰ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਉਹ ਸਭ ਦੇ ਸੇਵਕ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਵੀ ਡਰ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਨਹੀਂ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ।ਭਲੇ ਪੁਰਸ਼ਾਂ ਦੀ ਸਿਖਿਆ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਸਾਰੀਆਂ ਸ਼ਕਾਂ ਸ਼ੁਭਾਵਾਂ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ।ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁਖ ਦੇ ਭਾਗੀਂ ਨਾਮ ਦਾ ਸੁੱਖ ਹੈ ਉਸਦੇ ਨੇੜੇ ਕਦੇ ਵੀ ਦੁੱਖ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਹੁੰਚਦਾ। ਜੋ ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਜਸ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਸਭ ਮੰਨਦੇ ਹਨ। ਉਹੀ ਦੁਨੀਆਂ ਤੇ ਸਫਲ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਸਭ ਨੂੰ ਚੰਗੇ ਲਗਦੇ ਹਨ।

ਜੀਵਤ ਜੋ ਮਰੈ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਦੁਤਰੁ ਸੋ ਤਰੈ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਸਭ ਕੀ ਰੇਨੁ ਹੋਇ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਕਹਉ ਸੋਇ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਮਿਟੇ ਅੰਦੇਸਿਆ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਸੰਤ ਉਪਦੇਸਿਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨਾ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਜਿਸੁ ਜਨ ਨਾਮ ਸੁਖੁ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਤਿਸੁ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਨ ਕਦੇ ਦੁਖੁ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਜੋ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਸੁ ਸੁਨੇ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਮੰਨੇ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਸਫਲੁ ਸੁ ਆਇਆ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਾਇਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨਾ ॥ ੨ ॥ ੪ ॥ ੧੬੦ ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੦)

ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਨੇ ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਸਦਾ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਸਦਕਾ ਪਰਮਪਦ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰ ਲੀਤਾ।

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਦਾ ਧਿਆਇਆ॥ ਤਿਨਿ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਪਰਮਪਦੁ ਪਾਇਆ॥ (ਮ ੪, ਪੰੰਨਾ ੧੦੭੦)

ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਨਾਮ, ਦਾਨ, ਇਸਨਾਨ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਅਪਣਾ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਪੂਰਾ ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਲਈ ਸੱਚੇ ਸੁੱਚੇ ਮਨ ਤੋਂ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਣਾ ਤੇ ਹੋਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਜਪਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ:

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੯੪੨)
ਸੁਣਿ ਗਲਾ ਗੁਰ ਪਹਿ ਆਇਆ। ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਦਿੜਾਇਆ।
ਸਭੁ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਹੋਆ ਸੰਸਾਰੜਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਚੀ ਬੇੜੀ ਚਾੜ ਜੀਉ। (ਪੰਨਾ ੭੪)
ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਹਰਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਸੁ ਜਾਗੈ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੯)
ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਦਿੜ ਸਦਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਗੁਰ ਕਥਾ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧੧੦੧)
ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਸੁਚਾਰੀ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੭੪੦)
ਦੁਆਦਸੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੨੯੯)
ਦਸਮੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੮੪੦)

ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੇ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਅੱਗੇ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਨਾਮ ਦਾ ਦਾਨ ਕਹਿ ਕੇ ਵੀ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਮੰਗ ਕਰਨੀ ਹੈ:

ਜਾਚਕ ਜਨੁ ਜਾਚੈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦਾਨੁ॥ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਦੇਵਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੨੮੯)
ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਤੁਮਰੈ ਹਾਥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਆਪਿ ਕਰੇ ਕਰਾਏ॥ ਸਾਸਿ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਰਹਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਨੁ ਪਾਏ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੭੪੫)
ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਦਝਿੈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦਾਨੁ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੧੯੩)
ਮਗਉ ਰਾਮ ਤੇ ਇਕੁ ਦਾਨੁ॥ ਸਗਲ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਪੂਰਨ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਸਿਮਰਉ ਤੁਮਰਾ ਨਾਮੁ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੬੮੨)
ਸਿਮਰਉ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਵਉ॥
ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਬਖਸੇ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਸਲਾਹ॥ (ਜਪੁਜੀ ਪੰਨਾ ੫)
ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਉ ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਸਿ ਸਰਬ ਕੇ ਰਾਜੇ॥ (ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਮ:੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੨੬੩)
ਵਸੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਪਿਅਰਿਆ ਵਸੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਗੋਵੰਦਾ, ਹਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੁ ਜੀਉ॥(ਗਉੜੀ ਮ: ੪, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੭੩)
ਦਇਆ ਕਰਹੁ ਬਸਹੁ ਮਨਿ ਆਇ॥ ਮੋਹਿ ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਲੀਜੈ ਲੜਿ ਲਾਇ॥ (ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੨੦੮)

ਸਿਮਰਨਾ ਕਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਹੈ? ਇਕੋ ਇੱਕ ਓਅੰਕਾਰ ਨੂੰ, ਸਤਿਨਾਮ ਨੂੰ

ਸਿਮਰਨਾ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਹੈ? ਪਵਿਤਰ ਸੁੱਚਾ ਮਨ ਕਰਕੇ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਜੀਭ ਰਾਹੀਂ, ਮਨ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਤੇ ਫਿਰ
ਅੰਤਹਕਰਣ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਅੰਦਰ ਸਮਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ।ਪਾਠ, ਜਾਪ, ਸਿਮਰਨ, ਧਿਆਉਣ, ਟਿਕਾਉਣ, ਮਿਟਾਉਣ, ਸਮਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਿਆ ਹੈ।

ਪਾਠ: ਮੁਹੌ ਕਿ ਬੋਲਣੁ ਬੋਲੀਐ? ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰ
ਯਾਚਨਾ: ਹੋਹੁ ਦਇਆਲ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨ ਲਾਵਹੁ, ਹਉ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਮਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਈ॥
ਯਕ ਅਰਜ਼ ਗੁਫਤਮ ਪੇਸਿ ਤੋ ਦਰਗੋਸ ਕੁਨ ਕਰਤਾਰ॥ (ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮ: ੧ ਪੰਨਾ ੭੨੧)
ਸਭਿ ਸੁਖ ਸਭਿ ਗੁਣ ਸਭਿ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਹਰਿ, ਜਿਤੁ ਜਪੀਐ ਦੁਖ ਭੁਖ ਸਭ ਲਹਿ ਜਾਈ} ਮ: ੪, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੧੬੧)
ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਨ ਕਉ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਤਿਨ ਕਾ ਲੇਖਾ ਨਿਬੜਿਆ॥ (ਆਸਾ ਛੰਤ ਮ:੧, ਪੰਨਾ ੪੩੫)
ਕਰਮੀ ਆਵੈ ਕਪੜਾ ਦਰੀ ਮੋਖੁ ਦੁਆਰੁ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧)

ਨਾਮ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਅੰਦਰ ਧੋਣਾ ਹੈ। ਅੰਦਰ ਵਸਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੀ ਜਾਣ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸੱਚੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਭਾਵ ਨਾਮ ਦੇ ਲੜ ਲਗਿਆਂ ਬਿਨ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਘਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਛਾਣਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ:

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਨਾਵਣੁ ਸਾਚੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥ ਅੰਤਰ ਕੀ ਗਤਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਾਣੈ ॥ ਸਾਚ ਸਬਦ ਬਿਨੁ ਮਹਲੁ ਨ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥ ੩ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੫)

ਜੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਾ ਸਮਰਪਣ ਕਰ ਦਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਸਨੂੰ ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨ ਤੇ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰਤਾ ਦੀ ਦਾਤ ਮਿਲਦੀ ਹੈ।ਉਸ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਦੀ ਬਿਰਤੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਲ ਜੁੜੀ ਰਹਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਉਹ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਈਸ਼ਵਰ ਦੇ ਦਰਬਾਰ ਇਜ਼ਤ ਮਾਣ ਪਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ।ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਭਉ ਨਾਸ਼ਕ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਪਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਨੇਕ ਕਰਮ ਅਤੇ ਅਮਲ ਕਮਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ।ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨਾਲ ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਿਲ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਲਾਗੈ ਸਹਜਿ ਧਿਆਨੁ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਾਵੈ ਦਰਗਹ ਮਾਨੁ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਭਉ ਭੰਜਨੁ ਪਰਧਾਨੁ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕਰਣੀ ਕਾਰ ਕਰਾਏ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮੇਲਿ ਮਿਲਾਏ ॥ ੩੬ ॥ (ਮ:੧, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੪੨)

ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਹੋਣਾ, ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵੀਚਾਰ ਕਰਨੀ, ਨਾਮ ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਧਿਆਉਣਾ, ਜੋਤ ਵਾਂਗੂ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ ਬਾਹਰੋਂ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੋਣਾ, ਸੁੱਚਾ ਹੋਣਾ, ਜੋਤ ਹੋ ਉਸ ਜੋਤ ਵਿਚ ਮਿਲ ਜਾਣਾ: ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਜੀਵਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਪੂਰਾ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੈ:

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਵੈ॥(ਸਿੱਧ ਗੋਸਟਿ, ਮ:੧, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੪੧)
ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮਿ ਰਵਿਆ ਹਰਿਨਾਮੁ॥ ਸਤਿਗਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਕੀਨੋ ਦਾਨੁ॥ (ਭੈਰਉ ਮ:੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੧੪੪)
ਜਿਨਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ॥ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਮੁਖ ਸਦ ਉਜਲੇ ਤਿਤੁ ਸਚੈ ਦਰਬਾਰਿ॥ (ਸਲੋਕ ਵਾਰਾਂ ਤੇ ਵਧੀਕ ਮ:੪, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੪੨੨)
ਜਪਿ ਜਨ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਦਿਨੁ ਰੈਣੀ॥ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਊਚ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਇਹ ਕਰਣੀ॥ (ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੨੮੩)
ਸਰਬ ਧਰਮ ਮਹਿ ਸ਼੍ਰੇਸ਼ਟ ਧਰਮੁ॥ ਹਰਿ ਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਕਰਮੁ॥ (ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੨੬੬)
ਜਿਨੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਥਾਇਆ ਗੲੁ ਮਸਕਤਿ ਘਾਲਿ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਤੇ ਮੁਖ ਉਜਲੇ ਕੇਤੀ ਛੁਟੀ ਨਾਲਿ॥(ਮ: ੧, ਪੰਨਾ ੮)
ਜਹਾਂ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਤਹ ਜਾਉ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਉ ॥ ਨਾਮੇ ਰਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਉ ॥ ੫ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਤੇ ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਤਾ ॥ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਸਿਆ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ॥ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਨਾਮੇ ਰਾਤਾ ॥ ੬ ॥ ਮੇਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਲਾਏ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਲਾਗੈ ॥ ਹਉਮੈ ਮਾਰੇ ਸਬਦੇ ਜਾਗੈ ॥ ਐਥੈ ਓਥੈ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਆਗੈ ॥ ੭ ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੫)

ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਧੁਰ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ, ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਜਾਗਦਿਆ ਸੌਂਦਿਆ ਜਪਣਾ ਹੈ।ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨਾਮ ਦੀ ਖੁਰਾਕ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਅੱਗੇ ਵਧਣਾ ਹੈ ਬਾਕੀ ਸਭ ਭੁਲ ਜਾਣਾ ਹੈ। ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਤੋਂ ਹੀ ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਆਧਾਰ ਇਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਚਲਣਾ ਹੈ। ਨਾਮ ਨੂੰ ਦੁਖ ਵਿਚ ਵੀ ਤੇ ਸੁੱਖ ਵਿਚ ਵੀ ਗਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਤੁਹਾਡਾ ਰਸਤਾ ਸੰਵਰ ਜਾਵੇਗਾ। ਗੁਰੂ ਹੀ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਨਾਮ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਤ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨਾ ਬੁਝਾ ਦਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ।ਦਿਨੇ ਵੀ ਤੇ ਰਾਤ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਨਾਮ ਗਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ ਸਾਸ ਸਾਸ ਰਸਨਾ ਨਾਲ ਵੀ ਗਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ।ਸਤਿਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਜੋ ਵਿਸ਼ਵਾਸ਼ ਰੱਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਹਰੀ ਉਸਦਾ ਜੀਣ ਮਰਨ ਖਤਮ ਕਰ ਦਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ।ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਭਲਿਆਂ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਪਾਇਆ ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨ ਦਿਲ ਵਿਚ ਉਤਰ ਜਾਵੇ।ਨਾਮ ਦੀ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਣ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਹੋਣਗੇ ਤੇ ਮਸਤਕ ਉਸਦੇ ਚਰਨੀਂ ਲਗੇਗਾ।

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਗਾਵਉ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਗਾਵਉ ਗਾਵਉ ਜਾਗਿ ਸਵਾਰੀ ॥ ਸੰਗਿ ਚਲਨ ਕਉ ਤੋਸਾ ਦੀਨੑਾ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਬਿਉਹਾਰੀ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਅਵਰ ਬਿਸਾਰੀ ਬਿਸਾਰੀ ॥ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਦੀਓ ਮੈ ਏਹੋ ਆਧਾਰੀ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਗਾਵਉ ਸੁਖਿ ਭੀ ਗਾਵਉ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪੰਥਿ ਸਮੑਾਰੀ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਦ੍ਰਿੜੁ ਗੁਰਿ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਦੀਆ ਮੋਰੀ ਤਿਸਾ ਬੁਝਾਰੀ ॥ ੨ ॥ ਦਿਨੁ ਭੀ ਗਾਵਉ ਰੈਨੀ ਗਾਵਉ ਗਾਵਉ ਸਾਸਿ ਸਾਸਿ ਰਸਨਾਰੀ ॥ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਮਹਿ ਬਿਸਾਸੁ ਹੋਇ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਵਤ ਮਰਤ ਸੰਗਾਰੀ ॥ ੩ ॥ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਉ ਇਹੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਦੇਹੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪਾਵਉ ਸੰਤ ਰੇਨ ਉਰਿ ਧਾਰੀ ॥ ਸ੍ਰਵਨੀ ਕਥਾ ਨੈਨ ਦਰਸੁ ਪੇਖਉ ਮਸਤਕੁ ਗੁਰ ਚਰਨਾਰੀ ॥ ੪ ॥ ੨ ॥ ੧੨੨ ॥ (ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੪੦੧)

ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਅੰਦਰ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਸਮਾਉਣਾ ਹੈਂ? ਸਚਿਆਰ ਬਣਕੇ ਉਸਦੇ ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਜਾਪ ਰਾਹੀਂ। ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਘਰ ਵਾਸਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਤਾਂ ਇਕ ਖੇੜਾ ਛਾ ਗਿਆ, ਦਿਲ ਅੰਦਰ ਹੀ ਮੰਦਰ ਬਣ ਗਿਆ ਜਿਸ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਿਫਤ ਸਲਾਹ ਦੇ ਗੀਤ ਗਾਏ ਜਾਣ ਲੱਗੇ। ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਿਫਤ ਸਲਾਹ ਦੇ ਗੀਤ ਗਾਉਣ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਦੁੱਖ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਸੋਗ ਨੇੜੇ ਆਇਆ। ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਚਰਨੀਂ ਲੱਗ ਕੇ ਉਹ ਅਪਣਾ ਲੱਗਣ ਲੱਗ ਪਿਆ ਤੇ ਦਿਨ ਸੁਭਾਗੇ ਹੋ ਗਏ।ਗੁਰੂ ਤੋਂ ਮਿਲੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਗਾਂਵਿਆ ਤੇ ਉਸਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਦਾ ਰਸ ਪੀਤਾ।ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਧੰਨ ਭਾਗ ਜੋ ਕਰਣ ਕਾਰਣ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਆਪ ਮਿਲਿਆ।

ਮਨਿ ਚਾਉ ਭਇਆ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਆਗਮੁ ਸੁਣਿਆ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਗਲੁ ਗਾਉ ਸਖੀ ਗ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਬਣਿਆ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਉ ਮੰਗਲੁ ਨਿਤ ਸਖੀਏ ਸੋਗੁ ਦੂਖੁ ਨ ਵਿਆਪਏ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਚਰਨ ਲਾਗੇ ਦਿਨ ਸਭਾਗੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਪਿਰੁ ਜਾਪਏ ॥ ਅਨਹਤ ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਜਾਣੀ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਭੋਗੋ ॥ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਆਪਿ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਕਰਣ ਕਾਰਣ ਜੋਗੋ ॥ ੩੪ ॥ (ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧-੯੨੨)

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮਿਲ-ਵੇਲਾ ਕੋਈ ਸਰੀਰਕ ਮਰਨ ਪਿਛੋਂ ਦਾ ਮੇਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਇਹ ਤਾਂ ਜੀਵਦਿਆਂ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਸੋ ਜੀਵਨ-ਪਦਵੀ ਪਾਉਣੀ ਵੀ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ:

ਸੋ ਜੀਵਿਆ ਜਿਸੁ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਿਆ ਸੋਇ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਜੀਵੈ ਕੋਇ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧੪੨)
ਸੋ ਜੀਵਤ ਜਿਹ ਜੀਵਤ ਜਪਿਆ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਭਏ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਹ ਛਪਿਆ ॥ ੨੧ ॥ (ਮਃ ੧ ਸਲੋਕੁ,ਪੰਨਾ ੨੫੪)
ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਸਚੀ ਰਾਸਿ ਹੈ ਕਿਨੈ ਵਿਰਲੈ ਜਾਤਾ ॥ ਤਿਸੈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਭਾਇਰਹੁ ਜਿਸੁ ਦੇਇ ਬਿਧਾਤਾ ॥ ਮਨ ਤਨ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਮਉਲਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗਿ ਜਨੁ ਰਾਤਾ ॥ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਇਆ ਸਭਿ ਦੋਖਹ ਖਾਤਾ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋਈ ਜੀਵਿਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਇਕੁ ਪਛਾਤਾ ॥ ੬ ॥(ਮ:੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੩੧੯)
ਸੇਵਕ ਕੀ ਓੜਕਿ ਨਿਬਹੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥ ਜੀਵਤ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸੇਵਿਓ ਅਪਨਾ ਚਲਤੇ ਰਾਖਿਓ ਚੀਤਿ ॥ ੧ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧੦੦੦)

ਜਗਤ ਦਾ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਜੀਵਨ ਦਾ ਤਰੀਕਾ ਨਹੀਂ। ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਭਾਣੇ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਜੀਵਨ ਪਦਵੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ।ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਚਰਨੀਨ ਚਿਤ ਲਾਕੇ ਰਖਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਹ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਜਿਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਜਦ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਨਦਰਿ-ਇਨਾਇਤ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਨਾਮ ਮਨ ਵਸ ਜਾਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਸਹਿਜ ਅਵਸਥਾ ਪਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ:

ਇਹੁ ਜਗਤੁ ਮਮਤਾ ਮੁਆ ਜੀਵਣ ਕੀ ਬਿਧਿ ਨਾਹਿ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਭਾਣੈ ਜੋ ਚਲੈ ਤਾਂ
ਜੀਵਣ ਪਦਵੀ ਪਾਹਿ ॥ ਓਇ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਜਨ ਜੀਵਤੇ ਜੋ ਹਰਿ ਚਰਣੀ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਹਿ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਦਰੀ
ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਹਿ ॥ ੧ ॥ (ਵਾਰ ਗੁਜਰੀ ਮ: ੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੫੦੮)

ਜੀਵਨ ਪਦਵੀ ਉਦੋਂ ਹੀ ਮਿਲਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਦ ਭਲੇ ਪੁਰਸ਼ਾਂ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਣ ਜਾਣ ਪਿਛੋਂ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਵਸਦਾ ਹੈ।
ਕਾਮ, ਕ੍ਰੋਧ, ਲੋਭ, ਮੋਹ ਤੇ ਸਭ ਵੈਰ ਮਿਟ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਮਨੁਖ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਉਸਦੇ ਦਰ ਤੇ ਹਾਜ਼ਿਰ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਕਦੇ ਦੂਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਪਦਾ। ਜਦ ਸੰਤ ਸਹਾਈ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਤਾਂ ਸੁੱਖ, ਸ਼ਾਂਤੀ, ਸ਼ੀਤਲਤਾ ਤੇ ਸ਼ਰਧਾ ਪੂਰਨ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ।ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਮਹਿਮਾਂ ਦਾ ਪੂਰੀ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਵਰਨਣ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ, ਨਾਮ ਲੇਵਾ ਪਲ ਵਿਚ ਪਤਿਤ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ । ਉਸ ਦੀ ਓਟ ਵਿਚ ਸਾਰੇ ਡਰ ਭਉ ਖੋ ਕੇ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਬਣ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਜਸ ਗਾਉਣ ਤੇ ਦਿਨ ਰਾਤ ਉਸੇ ਨਾਲ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਹਿਦਾਇਤ ਦਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ।

ਅਬ ਮੋਹਿ ਜੀਵਨ ਪਦਵੀ ਪਾਈ ॥ ਚੀਤਿ ਆਇਓ ਮਨਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਬਿਧਾਤਾ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੀ ਸਰਣਾਈ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਨਿਵਾਰੇ ਨਿਵਰੇ ਸਗਲ ਬੈਰਾਈ ॥ ਸਦ ਹਜੂਰਿ ਹਾਜਰੁ ਹੈ ਨਾਜਰੁ ਕਤਹਿ ਨ ਭਇਓ ਦੂਰਾਈ ॥ ੨ ॥ ਸੁਖ ਸੀਤਲ ਸਰਧਾ ਸਭ ਪੂਰੀ ਹੋਏ ਸੰਤ ਸਹਾਈ ॥ ਪਾਵਨ ਪਤਿਤ ਕੀਏ ਖਿਨ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਕਥਨੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥ ੩ ॥ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਭਏ ਸਗਲ ਭੈ ਖੋਏ ਗੋਬਿਦ ਚਰਣ ਓਟਾਈ ॥ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਜਸੁ ਗਾਵੈ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਕਾ ਰੈਣਿ ਦਿਨਸੁ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈ ॥ ੪ ॥ ੬ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧੦੦੦)

ਹਰੀ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੇ ਬਿਨਾ ਮਨੁਖ ਦੁਖ ਹੀ ਭਰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਇਹ ਭੇਤ ਦਸਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਭਗਤੀ ਵਿਚ ਇਕ ਪਲ ਦੀ ਵੀ ਚੂਕ ਨਹੀਨ ਹੋਣੀ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ। (ਮ:੯, ਪੰਨਾ ੮੩੦)

ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ ਭਗਤਿ ਬਿਨਾ ਸਹਸਾ ਨਹ ਚੂਕੈ ਗੁਰੁ ਇਹੁ ਭੇਦੁ ਬਤਾਵੈ ॥ ੧ ॥

ਮਾਣ ਤੇ ਮੋਹ ਦੋਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਜਿਤ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਹੀ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਉਣੇ ਚਾਹੀਦੇ ਹਨ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਇਸ ਤਰੀਕੇ ਨਾਲ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ:

ਮਾਣ ਮੋਹ ਦੋਨੋ ਕਉ ਪਰਹਰਿ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਕੇ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵੈ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਕੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਕਹਾਵੈ ॥ ੨ ॥ ੨ ॥ (ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੯, ਪੰਨਾ ੮੩੦-੮੩੧)

ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਜੋ ਸੁਖ ਦੁਖ ਦੀ ਪਰਵਾਹ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਦਾ ਤੇ ਲੋਭ ਮੋਹ ਤੇ ਅਭਿਮਾਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾਲਦਾ ਉਹ ਭਗਵਾਨ ਵਰਗਾ ਹੋ ਜਾਦਾ ਹੈ।ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਉਸਤਤ, ਨਿੰਦਿਆ ਨਾਲ ਕੋਈ ਫਰਕ ਨਹੀਂ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਸੀਸ਼ਾ ਤੇ ਲੋਹਾ ਇਕ ਸਮਾਨ ਜਾਪਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਜਗ ਬੰਧਨ ਤੋਂ ਮੁਕਤ ਜਾਣਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ। ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਨਾ ਹਰਖ ਹੈ ਨਾ ਸੋਗ, ਜਿਸ ਲਈ ਵੈਰੀ ਤੇ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਸਮਾਨ ਹਨ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਮੁਕਤ ਜਾਣਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕੲਾ ਹੈ।

ਸੁਖੁ ਦੁਖੁ ਜਿਹ ਪਰਸੈ ਨਹੀ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਨੁ ਰੇ ਮਨਾ ਸੋ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਭਗਵਾਨ ॥ ੧੩ ॥ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਨਿੰਦਿਆ ਨਾਹਿ ਜਿਹਿ ਕੰਚਨ ਲੋਹ ਸਮਾਨਿ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਨਿ ਰੇ ਮਨਾ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਤਾਹਿ ਤੈ ਜਾਨਿ ॥ ੧੪ ॥ ਹਰਖੁ ਸੋਗੁ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਨਹੀ ਬੈਰੀ ਮੀਤ ਸਮਾਨਿ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਨਿ ਰੇ ਮਨਾ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਤਾਹਿ ਤੈ ਜਾਨਿ
॥ ੧੫ ॥ (ਮ: ੯, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੪੨੭)

ਜੋ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਪਣਾ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨਾ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੀ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਸਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਮਿਲਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਹ ਹੀ ਅਸਲੀ ਅਮੀਰ, ਉਚੀ ਕੁਲ ਵਾਲਾ ਤੇ ਸੱਚi ਇਜ਼ਤ ਮਾਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈ। ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਦਿਲ ਵਿਚ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮ ਵਸਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਜੀਵਦਿਆਂ ਹੀ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ। ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹੇ ਮਨੁਖ ਦਾ ਜਗ ਤੇ ਆਉਣਾ ਧੰਨ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਸਦਕਾ ਦਾਰਾ ਜਗਤ ਤਰ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਮਨੁਖ ਦੇ ਜੱਗ ਤੇ ਆਉਣ ਦਾ ਇਹੋ ਅਸਲ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਹੈ। ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹੇ ਮਨੁਖ ਦੇ ਸੰਦ ਵਿਚ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾਂ ਨਾਮ ਨਾਲ ਚਿੱਤ ਜੁੜਿਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਹ ਆਪ ਵੀ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਮੁਕਤ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹੇ ਮਨੁਖ ਨੂੰ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਹੈ।

ਜੋ ਜਾਨੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਆਪਿ ਮਿਲਾਇ ਲਏ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੋਇ ॥ ਓਹੁ ਧਨਵੰਤੁ ਕੁਲਵੰਤੁ ਪਤਿਵੰਤੁ ॥ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਜਿਸੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਭਗਵੰਤੁ ॥ ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਜਨੁ ਆਇਆ ॥ਜਿਸੁ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਸਭੁ ਜਗਤੁ ਤਰਾਇਆ ॥ ਜਨ ਆਵਨ ਕਾ ਇਹੈ ਸੁਆਉ ॥ ਜਨ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਨਾਉ ॥ ਆਪਿ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਕਰੈ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਸੁ ਜਨ ਕਉ ਸਦਾ ਨਮਸਕਾਰੁ ॥ ੮ ॥ ੨੩ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੨੯੪-੨੯੫)

ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਆਤਮਾ ਵਿਚ ਵਸਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤ ਉਹੋ ਹੀ ਹੈ। ਨਾਂ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਕੋਈ ਗੁਸਾ ਚੜ੍ਹਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਕੋਈ ਗਮ-ਸੋਗ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਸ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਅਨੰਦ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਵਿਛੋੜੇ ਦੀ ਹਾਲਤ ਨਹੀਨ ਹੁੰਦੀ। ਉਸ ਲਈ ਸੋਨਾ ਤੇ ਮਿੱਟੀ ਇਕ ਬਰਾਬਰ ਲਗਦੇ ਹਨ ਭਾਵ ਸੰਸਾਰਕ ਰਚਨਾ ਸਭ ਇਕੋ ਹੀ ਜਾਪਦੀ ਹੈ। ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਤੇ ਵਿਸ਼ ਵi ਇਕ ਸਮਾਨ ਜਾਪਦੇ ਹਨ।ਮਾਨ ਅਭਿਮਾਨ ਦਾ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਕੋਈ ਸ਼ੌਕ ਨਹੀਂ। ਰੰਕ ਤੇ ਰਾਜਾ ਉਸ ਲਈ ਇਕ ਸਮਾਨ ਹਨ। ਜੋ ਅਜਿਹਾ ਵਾਤਾਵਰਣ ਰਚਣ ਦੀ ਜੁਗਤ ਰਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਹੀ ਪੁਰਖ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤ ਕਿਹਾ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ:
ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀ ਆਗਿਆ ਆਤਮ ਹਿਤਾਵੈ ॥ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਸੋਊ ਕਹਾਵੈ ॥ ਤੈਸਾ ਹਰਖੁ ਤੈਸਾ ਉਸੁ ਸੋਗੁ ॥ ਸਦਾ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਤਹ ਨਹੀ ਬਿਓਗੁ ॥ ਤੈਸਾ ਸੁਵਰਨੁ ਤੈਸੀ ਉਸੁ ਮਾਟੀ ॥ ਤੈਸਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਤੈਸੀ ਬਿਖੁ ਖਾਟੀ ॥ ਤੈਸਾ ਮਾਨੁ ਤੈਸਾ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ॥ ਤੈਸਾ ਰੰਕੁ ਤੈਸਾ ਰਾਜਾਨੁ ॥ ਜੋ ਵਰਤਾਏ ਸਾਈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਓਹੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤਿ ॥ ੭ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੨੭੫)

ਜੋ ਨਰੁ ਦੁਖ ਮੈ ਦੁਖੁ ਨਹੀ ਮਾਨੈ ॥ ਸੁਖ ਸਨੇਹੁ ਅਰੁ ਭੈ ਨਹੀ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਕੰਚਨ ਮਾਟੀ ਮਾਨੈ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਨਹ
ਨਿੰਦਿਆ ਨਹ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਅਭਿਮਾਨਾ ॥ ਹਰਖ ਸੋਗ ਤੇ ਰਹੈ ਨਿਆਰਉ ਨਾਹਿ ਮਾਨ ਅਪਮਾਨਾ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਆਸਾ ਮਨਸਾ ਸਗਲ ਤਿਆਗੈ ਜਗ ਤੇ ਰਹੈ ਨਿਰਾਸਾ ॥ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁੁ ਜਿਹ ਪਰਸੈ ਨਾਹਨਿ ਤਿਹ ਘਟਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁਨਿਵਾਸਾ ॥ ੨ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਜਿਹ ਨਰ ਕਉ ਕੀਨੀ ਤਿਹ ਇਹ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਪਛਾਨੀ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਲੀਨ ਭਇਓ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿਉ ਜਿਉ ਪਾਨੀ ਸੰਗਿ ਪਾਨੀ ॥ ੩ ॥ ੧੧ ॥ (ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੯, ਪੰਨਾ ੬੩੩)

ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਨੁਖ ਦਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਗੁਰੂ ਲਭਣਾ, ਉਸ ਦੇ ਸਿਖਿਆ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੋ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਣਾ, ਨਾਮ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਹਉਮੈ ਤੇ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਮਤਾ ਕਾਮ, ਕ੍ਰੋਧ, ਲੋਭ, ਮੋਹ ਤੋਂ ਛੁਟਕਾਰਾ ਪਾਉਣਾ, ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਕੇ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਉਣਾ ਤੇ ਜੀਵਨ-ਮੁਕਤ ਬਣਨਾ ਤੇ ਰੱਬੀ ਹੁਕਮ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਜਗ ਵਿਚ ਹੁੰਦਿਆਂ ਹੋਇਆ ਵੀ ਜਗ ਤੋਂ ਨਿਰਲੇਪ ਰਹਿਕੇ ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਧਿਆਉਣਾ ਤੇ ਉਸ ਨਾਲ ਹਰ ਪਲ ਲਿਵ ਲਈ ਰਖਣਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਰੱਬੀ ਜੋਤ ਬਣ ਜੋਤ ਵਿਚ ਜੋਤ ਮਿਲਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ।

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Nothing more
Dear tejwant Ji,
In reply to your questions my article on meditation 'japu' is available on this net.
However before this one must be clear about your purpose in life. I am attaching below my article on this aspect which will clear most of your doubt. Please note that I have not moved an iota from Sri Guru Granth Sahib which I consider as my True Guru.

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਜੀਵਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ

ਰੱਬੀ ਜੋਤ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਜਗ ਤੇ ਆਇਆ।

ਏ ਸਰੀਰਾ ਮੇਰਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਤੁਮ ਮਹਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਰਖੀ ਤਾ ਤੂ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਆਇਆ ॥ (ਅਨੰਦ, ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧)

ਇਹ ਮਨੁਖਾ ਦੇਹੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਲਣ ਲਈ ਮਿਲੀ ਹੈ:

ਭਈ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ॥ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਰੀਆ॥ (ਆਸਾ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੨)

ਪਰ ਕੀ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੇ ਜੱਗ ਵਿਚ ਆਕੇ ਅਜੇਹੇ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਏ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ ਹੋਵੇ ਤੇ ਉਸਦੀ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਸੁਭਾਗੀ ਬਣੇ? ਜਿਸ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਰਚਨਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੇ ਉਸਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਧਿਆਇਆ ।

ਏ ਸਰੀਰਾ ਮੇਰਿਆ ਇਸੁ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਆਇ ਕੈ ਕਿਆ ਤੁਧੁ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਇਆ ॥ ਕੀ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਇਆ ਤੁਧੁ ਸਰੀਰਾ ਜਾ ਤੂ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਆਇਆ ॥ ਜਿਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਤੇਰਾ ਰਚਨੁ ਰਚਿਆ ਸੋ ਹਰਿ ਮਨਿ ਨ ਵਸਾਇਆ ॥ (ਅਨੰਦ, ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧)

ਮਨੁੱਖ ਜੋ ਨਾਮ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ ਦਾ ਲਾਹਾ ਲੈਣ ਜੱਗ ਤੇ ਆਇਆ ਹੈ ਕਿਨ੍ਹੀਂ ਘਟੀਆ ਕੰਮੀਂ ਲੱਗ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਉਸਦੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਬੀਤ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ?

ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਤੂੰ ਆਇਆ ਲਾਹਾ ਲੈਣਿ ॥ ਲਗਾ ਕਿਤੁ ਕੁਫਕੜੇ ਸਭ ਮੁਕਦੀ ਚਲੀ ਰੈਣਿ ॥ ੧ ॥ (ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੪੩)

ਕਾਮ, ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਨੇ ਮਨ ਬੰਨ੍ਹ ਲਿਆ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਮੋਹ ਨੇ ਸਰੀਰ। ਲੋਭ ਲਾਲਚ ਅਹੰਕਾਰ ਪੀਰ ਬਣ ਗਏ ਹਨ। ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਧੀਰਜ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਪਵੇ?

ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁੁ ਮਨਿ ਮੋਹੁ ਸਰੀਰਾ ॥ ਲਬੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ਸੁ ਪੀਰਾ ॥ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨੁ ਕਿਉ ਮਨੁ ਧੀਰਾ ॥ ੨ ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੪)
ਮਨੁਖ ਦੀ ਇਹ ਸਾਰੀ ਦੁਨੀਆਂ ਹੀ ਯਮ ਨੇ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਵਿਚ ਬੰਨ੍ਹ ਰੱਖੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਇਕ ਨਾਮ ਹੀ ਛੁਡਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ:

ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹਿ ਜਗੁ ਬਾਧਾ ਜਮਕਾਲਿ ॥ ਬਾਂਧਾ ਛੂਟੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮੑਾਲਿ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੫)

ਹਉਮੈ, ਮੋਹ, ਮਾਇਆ, ਮਮਤਾ ਆਦਿ ਤੋਂ ਛੁਟਕਾਰਾ ਸਿਰਫ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਣ ਸਦਕਾ ਹੀ ਮਿਲ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ:

ਜਿਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਤਜੀ ਕਰਤਾ ਰਾਮੁ ਪਛਾਨਿ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਵਹੁ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨਰੁ ਇਹ ਮਨ ਸਾਚੀ ਮਾਨੁ ॥ ੧੯ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧੪੨੭)
ਜਿਹਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਮਤਾ ਤਜੀ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਭਇਓ ਉਦਾਸੁ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਨੁ ਰੇ ਮਨਾ ਤਿਹ ਘਟਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ (ਮ: ੯ ਪੰਨਾ, ੧੪੨੭)॥ ੧੮ ॥
ਜਿਹ ਘਟਿ ਸਿਮਰਨੁ ਰਾਮ ਕੋ ਸੋ ਨਰੁ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਜਾਨੁ ॥ ਤਿਹਿ ਨਰ ਹਰਿ ਅੰਤਰੁ ਨਹੀ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਚੀ ਮਾਨੁ ॥ ੪੩ ॥ (ਮ:੯, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੪੨੮)
ਕਲ ਮੈ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨਾਮ ਤੇ ਪਾਵਤ ਗੁਰੁ ਯਹ ਭੇਦੁ ਬਤਾਵੈ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋਈ ਨਰੁ ਗਰੂਆ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੇ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵੈ
॥ ੩ ॥ ੩ ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੮੩੧)
ਜਉ ਹੋਇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲ ਤ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਲੈ ਸਭਿ ਸੁਖ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਨਾਏ ॥ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਭਇਆ ਬੰਧਨ ਗੁਰਿ ਖੋਲੇ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਏ ॥ ੪ ॥ ੧੪ ॥ ੧੫੨ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੨੧੩)

ਮਨ ਤਾਂ ਦਸਾਂ ਦਿਸ਼ਾਵਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਭ੍ਰਮਦਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਮਾਇਆ ਵਿਚ ਮਗਨ ਲੋਭ ਦੇ ਸੁਆਦ ਵਿਚ ਮਨ ਨੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੂੰ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਭੁਲਾ ਦਿਤਾ ਹੈ। ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਹਰੀ ਦੀ ਕਥਾ, ਹਰੀ ਦੇ ਜਸ ਇਕ ਪਲ ਵੀ ਮਨ ਲਾਕੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੁਣੇ।ਬਿਗਾਨੇ ਦੁਨਿਆਵੀ ਕਸੁੰਭੀ ਕੱਚੇ ਰੰਗਾਂ ਤੇ ਖੁਸ਼ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਅਪਣੇ ਘਰ ਜਾਣਾ ਭੁੱਲ ਗਿਆ । ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਚਰਨ ਕਮਲਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤਾ ਤੇ ਸੱਚੇ ਪੁਰਖ ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਨਾਇਆ। ਤੇਲੀ ਦੇ ਕੋਹਲੂ ਦੇ ਬੈਲ ਵਾਂਗੂ ਲਗਾਤਾਰ ਚਲਦਾ ਭਟਕਦਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਧਾਇਓ ਰੇ ਮਨ ਦਹ ਦਿਸ ਧਾਇਓ ॥ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਗਨ ਸੁਆਦਿ ਲੋਭਿ ਮੋਹਿਓ ਤਿਨਿ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਆਪਿ ਭੁਲਾਇਓ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਕਥਾ ਹਰਿ ਜਸ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਸਿਉ ਇਕੁ ਮੁਹਤੁ ਨ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਲਾਇਓ ॥ ਬਿਗਸਿਓ ਪੇਖਿ ਰੰਗੁ ਕਸੁੰਭ ਕੋ ਪਰ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਜੋਹਨਿ ਜਾਇਓ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਚਰਨ ਕਮਲ ਸਿਉ ਭਾਉ ਨ ਕੀਨੋ ਨਹ ਸਤ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਮਨਾਇਓ ॥ ਧਾਵਤ ਕਉ ਧਾਵਹਿ ਬਹੁ ਭਾਤੀ ਜਿਉ ਤੇਲੀ ਬਲਦੁ ਭ੍ਰਮਾਇਓ ॥ ੨ ॥ (ਟੋਡੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੭੧੨)

ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਝੂਠ ਨਾਲ ਮਨ ਭਰ ਲਿਆ ਪਰ ਨਾ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਭੇਦ ਬੁਝਿਆ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਹੀ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਅਪਣਾਇਆ।ਕਦੇ ਵੀ ਕੋਈ ਪਰਉਪਕਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤਾ ਤੇ ਨਾਂ ਹੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਹੀ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਧਿਆਇਆ।ਕਾਮ, ਕ੍ਰੋਧ, ਲੋਭ, ਮੋਹ ਹੰਕਾਰ ਦੇ ਪੰਜ ਦੂਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਮਦ ਮਸਤ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਮਾਇਆ ਨਾਲ ਜੁੜਿਆ ਰਿਹਾ।

ਨਾਨਾ ਝੂਠਿ ਲਾਇ ਮਨੁ ਤੋਖਿਓ ਨਹ ਬੂਝਿਓ ਅਪਨਾਇਓ ॥ ੩ ॥ ਪਰਉਪਕਾਰ ਨ ਕਬਹੂ ਕੀਏ ਨਹੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਿ ਧਿਆਇਓ ॥ ਪੰਚ ਦੂਤ ਰਚਿ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਗੋਸਟਿ ਮਤਵਾਰੋ ਮਦ ਮਾਇਓ ॥ ੪ ॥ (ਟੋਡੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੭੧੨)

ਬਿਨਾ ਸਮਝੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਜੱਗ ਤੇ ਕਿਸ ਕੰਮ ਦਾ? ਸਜਦਾ ਸੰਵਰਦਾ ਤਾਂ ਬੜਾ ਹੈ ਪਰ ਲਗਦਾ ਇਉਂ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਮੁਰਦੇ ਦੇ ਮਹਿੰਗੇ ਕਪੜੇ ਪਾਕੇ ਸਜਾਵਟ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੋਵੇ। ਮਾਇਆ ਇਕੱਠੀ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ ਭਜ ਭਜ ਕੇ ਮਿਹਨਤ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ।ਨਾ ਦਾਨ ਨਾ ਪੁੰਨ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਭਲੇ ਪੁਰਖਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੋਰ ਕੁਫਕੜੇ ਕੰਮ ਕਿਤੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਫਲਦੇ:

ਮਾਨੁਖੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਬੂਝੇ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਆਇਆ ॥ ਅਨਿਕ ਸਾਜ ਸੀਗਾਰ ਬਹੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਜਿਉ ਮਿਰਤਕੁ ਓਢਾਇਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਧਾਇ ਧਾਇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਨ ਸ੍ਰਮੁ ਕੀਨੋ ਇਕਤ੍ਰ ਕਰੀ ਹੈ ਮਾਇਆ ॥ ਦਾਨੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਸੰਤਨ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਿਤ ਹੀ ਕਾਜਿ ਨ ਆਇਆ ॥ ੧ ॥ (ਟੋਡੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੭੧੨)

ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨ ਅਤੇ ਸੁੱਚਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤੀ ਇਕ ਪਲ ਵੀ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਸਿਫਤ ਸਲਾਹ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤੀ।

ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਨ ਕੀਓ ਇਕ ਨਿਮਖ ਨ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਗਾਇਓ ॥ (ਟੋਡੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੭੧੨)

ਪਵਿਤਰ ਸੁੱਚਾ ਮਨ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਹੋਵੇ? ਕੂੜ ਦੀ ਕੰਧ ਤੋੜ ਕੇ ਸਚਿਆਰਾ ਬਣ ਕੇ।ਹੁਕਮ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿਕੇ।

ਕਿਵ ਸਚਿਆਰਾ ਹੋਈਐ ਕਿਵ ਕੈੜੈ ਤੁਟੈ ਪਾਲਿ॥ ਹੁਕਮ ਰਜ਼ਾਈ ਚਲਣਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਨਾਲਿ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧)

ਕੂੜ ਦੀ ਕੰਧ ਕਿਹੜੀ ਹੈ?

ਇਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ, ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ,ਲੋਭ, ਹੰਕਾਰ ਸਭ ਕੂੜ ਦੀਆਂ ਕੰਧਾਂ ਹਨ

ਸਚਿਆਰ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਬਣੀਏਂ?

ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਤੋਂ ਨਾਤਾ ਤੋੜ, ਹਉਮੈਂ ਮਿਟਾ, ਕਾਮ, ਕ੍ਰੋਧ, ਲੋਭ, ਮੋਹ, ਅਹੰਕਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਨਾਮ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਮਨੋਂ ਮਾਰਕੇ ਤੇ ਰੱਬ ਦੇ ਹੁਕਮ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਚੱਲਕੇ।

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਕਰੋ ਤਾਂ ਉਹ ਭਗਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਇਕ ਦਮ ਸਾਰ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਹ ਅਪਣੇ ਭਗਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਲਾਜ ਰੱਖ ਅਪਣਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਕਰਉ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਵਛਲ ਸੁਣਿ ਆਇਓ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਭਾਗਿ ਪਰਿਓ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਛੈ ਰਾਖੁ ਲਾਜ ਅਪੁਨਾਇਓ ॥ ੫ ॥ ੧ ॥ ੩ ॥ (ਟੋਡੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੭੧੨)

ਉਹ ਜੋ ਅਪਣੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ ਹੀ ਸਚ ਪਛਾਣ ਕੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਇਸ਼ਨਾਨ ਕਰੇ ਪਰ ਇਹ ਸਚਾ ਸ਼ਬਦ (ਨਾਮ) ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਹੀ ਪਛਾਣਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ:

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਨਾਵਣੁ ਸਾਚੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ॥ ਅੰਤਰ ਕੀ ਗਤਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਾਣੈ ॥ ਸਾਚ ਸਬਦ ਬਿਨੁ ਮਹਲੁ ਨ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥ ੩ ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੪)

ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ ਤਾਂ ਹੀ ਹਰੀ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਵਸੇਗਾ, ਨਹੀਂ ਤਾਂ ਉਸ ਨੇ ਜੋ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਕਰਮ ਕੀਤੇ ਹਨ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦਾ ਫਲ ਹੀ ਭੋਗੇਗਾ।ਇਹ ਸਰੀਰ ਤਾਂ, ਤਾਂ ਹੀ ਪਰਵਾਣ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ਜੇ ਸੱਚੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਨਾਲ ਨਿਹੁੰ ਲਾਇਆ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ।

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਨਿ ਵਸਿਆ ਪੂਰਬਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਪਾਇਆ॥ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਏਹੁ ਸਰੀਰੁ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ਹੋਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਿਉ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇਆ ॥ ੩੫ ॥ (ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧-੯੨੨)

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ ਤਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਝ ਆਵੇਗੀ ਕਿ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਘਰ ਕਿਹੜਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਉਹ ਅਪਣੇ ਘਰ ਨਾਮ ਸਹਾਰੇ ਹੀ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਬੁਝਿਆ ਤਾ ਚਲਤੁ ਹੋਆ ਚਲਤੁ ਨਦਰੀ ਆਇਆ ॥ (ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧)

ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੇ ਅੱਖਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਇਸ ਲਈ ਜੋਤ ਧਰੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੋਰ ਕੁਝ ਨਾ ਦੇਖੋ ਭਾਵ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਸਭ ਵਿਚ ਵੇਖੋ।ਹਰੀ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੋਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਵੇਖੋਗਾ ਤਾਂ ਉਹ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਉਤੇ ਨਦਰਿ-ਬਖਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਕਰਕੇ ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ ਨਿਹਾਲ ਕਰ ਦੇਵੇਗਾ।ਜੋ ਇਹ ਸਾਰਾ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਵੇਖ ਰਹੇ ਹੋ ਇਹ ਸਾਰਾ ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਹੀ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ, ਸਭ ਰਚਨਾ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਹੀ ਵੇਖਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ।ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਸਦਕਾ ਇਹ ਸਮਝ ਆ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੋਰ ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀਂ ਭਾਵ ਸਾਰਾ ੋਵਿਸ਼ਵ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ।ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਅੱਖਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਹਨੇਰੇ ਵਿਚ ਹੁੰਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾ ਨੂੰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਮਿਲੇ ਤੇ ਹੀ ਦਿਭ ਦ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਭਾਵ ਜਗਤ ਰਚਨਾ ਦੀ ਸਹੀ ਪਛਾਣ ਸੱਚਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੀ ਕਰਵਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਏ ਨੇਤ੍ਰਹੁ ਮੇਰਿਹੋ ਹਰਿ ਤੁਮ ਮਹਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਧਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਕੋਈ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਕੋਈ ਨਦਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਹਾਲਿਆ ॥ ਏਹੁ ਵਿਸੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਤੁਮ ਦੇਖਦੇ ਏਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਰੂਪੁ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਰੂਪੁ ਨਦਰੀ ਆਇਆ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਬੁਝਿਆ ਜਾ ਵੇਖਾ ਹਰਿ ਇਕੁ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਈ ॥ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਏਹਿ ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ਅੰਧ ਸੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਮਿਲਿਐ ਦਿਬ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਹੋਈ ॥ ੩੬ ॥ (ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧-੯੨੨)

ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੇ ਕੰਨ ਇਸ ਲਈ ਲਾਏ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਸੱਚੇ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕੇ।ਕੰਨ ਸਰੀਰ ਨਾਲ ਸੱਚੇ ਨਾਮ ਤੇ ਸੱਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਸੁਣਨ ਲਈ ਹੀ ਲਾਏ ਹਨ।ਸੱਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਤਨ ਮਨ ਹਰਾ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਬਾਗੋ-ਬਾਗ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਜੀਭ ਵਿਚ ਮਿਠਾਸ ਭਰ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ। ਸੱਚੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਨੂੰ ਬਿਆਨਣਾ ਅਸੰਭਵ ਹੈ ਉਸ ਬਾਰੇ ਪੂਰੀ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਬਿਆਨਿਆ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮ ਸੁਣ ਕੇ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਸੱਚੇ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਸੁਣਨ ਲਈ ਹੀ ਜਗਤ ਤੇ ਆਇਆ ਹੈ।

ਏ ਸ੍ਰਵਣਹੁ ਮੇਰਿਹੋ ਸਾਚੈ ਸੁਨਣੈ ਨੋ ਪਠਾਏ ॥ ਸਾਚੈ ਸੁਨਣੈ ਨੋ ਪਠਾਏ ਸਰੀਰਿ ਲਾਏ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਸਤਿ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਜਿਤੁ ਸੁਣੀ ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਹਰਿਆ ਹੋਆ ਰਸਨਾ ਰਸਿ ਸਮਾਣੀ ॥ ਸਚੁ ਅਲਖ ਵਿਡਾਣੀ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਗਤਿ ਕਹੀ ਨ ਜਾਏ ॥ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੋਵਹੁ ਸਾਚੈ ਸੁਨਣੈ ਨੋ ਪਠਾਏ ॥ ੩੭ ॥ (ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧-੯੨੨)

ਇਸ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਸਾਡਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਸਾਫ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸਾਡਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਸੱਚੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸਮਝਾਏ ਹੋਏ ਨਾਮ ਮਾਰਗ ਤੇ ਚੱਲਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਸੱਚੀ ਸਿਫਤ ਸਲਾਹ ਕਰਨਾ, ਉਸ ਦੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਰਚਨਾ ਨੂੰ ਉਸੇ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਸਮਝ ਕੇ ਪਿਆਰ ਕਰਨਾ ਤੇ ਅਪਣਾ ਤੇ ਉਸਦਾ ਫਰਕ ਮਿਟਾ ਕੇ ਉਸ ਵਿਚ ਸਮਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਲੋਭ ਮੋਹ ਹੰਕਾਰ ਮੋਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਮਤਾ ਤੋਂ ਮੁਕਤੀ ਪਾਉਣੀ ਹੈ ।ਇਸ ਲਈ ਸੱਚੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਲੱਭਣਾ ਉਸ ਤੋਂ ਸੱਚੀ ਸਿੱਖ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਨੀ ਤੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਬਣਨਾ ਹੈ। ਸੱਚੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਦਾ ਸਿੱਖ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਬਣੇ?

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥ ਉਦਮੁ ਕਰੇ ਭਲਕੇ ਪਰਭਾਤੀ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ ॥ ਉਪਦੇਸਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪੁ ਜਾਪੈ ਸਭਿ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਪਾਪ ਦੋਖ ਲਹਿ ਜਾਵੈ ॥ ਫਿਰਿ ਚੜੈ ਦਿਵਸੁ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਗਾਵੈ ਬਹਦਿਆ ਉਠਦਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥ ਜੋ ਸਾਸਿ ਗਿਰਾਸਿ ਧਿਆਏ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥ ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਦਇਆਲੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਸੁਣਾਵੈ ॥ ਜਨੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਧੂੜਿ ਮੰਗੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਕੀ ਜੋ ਆਪਿ ਜਪੈ ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ॥ ੨ ॥ ਮਃ ੪ ॥(ਗਉੜੀ ਮ:੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੩੦੫)

ਇਕੋ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ ਹੋਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਿਉਂ ਹਰ ਦਮ ਧਿਆਨ ਲਾ ਕੇ ਰੱਖਣਾ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ ।ਭਲੇ ਪੁਰਸ਼ਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਗਿਆਨ ਉਤੇ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਚਲਣਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਤਨੋਂ ਮਨੋਂ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰਨੀ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ

ਮਨਸਾ ਏਕ ਮਾਨਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਸਿਉ ਨੇਤ ਧਿਆਨਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਦ੍ਰਿੜੁ ਸੰਤ ਮੰਤ ਗਿਆਨਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਸੇਵਾ ਗੁਰ ਚਰਾਨਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਤਉ ਮਿਲੀਐ ਗੁਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨਿ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨਾ ॥ ੧ ॥ (ਆਸਾਵਰੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੪੦੯)

ਜੋ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਦੇ ਜੀਵਦਿਆਂ ਹੀ ਮਰ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਭਾਵ ਮੋਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਤੋਂ ਨਾਤਾ ਤੋੜ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਹ ਦੁਨਿਆਵੀ ਭਵਸਾਗਰ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਰ ਕਰ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਉਹ ਸਭ ਦੇ ਸੇਵਕ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਵੀ ਡਰ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਨਹੀਂ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ।ਭਲੇ ਪੁਰਸ਼ਾਂ ਦੀ ਸਿਖਿਆ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਸਾਰੀਆਂ ਸ਼ਕਾਂ ਸ਼ੁਭਾਵਾਂ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ।ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁਖ ਦੇ ਭਾਗੀਂ ਨਾਮ ਦਾ ਸੁੱਖ ਹੈ ਉਸਦੇ ਨੇੜੇ ਕਦੇ ਵੀ ਦੁੱਖ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਹੁੰਚਦਾ। ਜੋ ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਜਸ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਸਭ ਮੰਨਦੇ ਹਨ। ਉਹੀ ਦੁਨੀਆਂ ਤੇ ਸਫਲ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਸਭ ਨੂੰ ਚੰਗੇ ਲਗਦੇ ਹਨ।

ਜੀਵਤ ਜੋ ਮਰੈ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਦੁਤਰੁ ਸੋ ਤਰੈ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਸਭ ਕੀ ਰੇਨੁ ਹੋਇ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਕਹਉ ਸੋਇ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਮਿਟੇ ਅੰਦੇਸਿਆ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਸੰਤ ਉਪਦੇਸਿਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨਾ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਜਿਸੁ ਜਨ ਨਾਮ ਸੁਖੁ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਤਿਸੁ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਨ ਕਦੇ ਦੁਖੁ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਜੋ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਸੁ ਸੁਨੇ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਮੰਨੇ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਸਫਲੁ ਸੁ ਆਇਆ ਹਾਂ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਾਇਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨਾ ॥ ੨ ॥ ੪ ॥ ੧੬੦ ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੦)

ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਨੇ ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਸਦਾ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਸਦਕਾ ਪਰਮਪਦ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰ ਲੀਤਾ।

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਦਾ ਧਿਆਇਆ॥ ਤਿਨਿ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਪਰਮਪਦੁ ਪਾਇਆ॥ (ਮ ੪, ਪੰੰਨਾ ੧੦੭੦)

ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਨਾਮ, ਦਾਨ, ਇਸਨਾਨ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਅਪਣਾ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਪੂਰਾ ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਲਈ ਸੱਚੇ ਸੁੱਚੇ ਮਨ ਤੋਂ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਣਾ ਤੇ ਹੋਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਜਪਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ:

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੯੪੨)
ਸੁਣਿ ਗਲਾ ਗੁਰ ਪਹਿ ਆਇਆ। ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਦਿੜਾਇਆ।
ਸਭੁ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਹੋਆ ਸੰਸਾਰੜਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਚੀ ਬੇੜੀ ਚਾੜ ਜੀਉ। (ਪੰਨਾ ੭੪)
ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਹਰਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਸੁ ਜਾਗੈ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੯)
ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਦਿੜ ਸਦਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਗੁਰ ਕਥਾ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧੧੦੧)
ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਸੁਚਾਰੀ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੭੪੦)
ਦੁਆਦਸੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੨੯੯)
ਦਸਮੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੮੪੦)

ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੇ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਅੱਗੇ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਨਾਮ ਦਾ ਦਾਨ ਕਹਿ ਕੇ ਵੀ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਮੰਗ ਕਰਨੀ ਹੈ:

ਜਾਚਕ ਜਨੁ ਜਾਚੈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦਾਨੁ॥ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਦੇਵਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੨੮੯)
ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਤੁਮਰੈ ਹਾਥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਆਪਿ ਕਰੇ ਕਰਾਏ॥ ਸਾਸਿ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਰਹਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਨੁ ਪਾਏ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੭੪੫)
ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਦਝਿੈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦਾਨੁ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੧੯੩)
ਮਗਉ ਰਾਮ ਤੇ ਇਕੁ ਦਾਨੁ॥ ਸਗਲ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਪੂਰਨ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਸਿਮਰਉ ਤੁਮਰਾ ਨਾਮੁ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੬੮੨)
ਸਿਮਰਉ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਵਉ॥
ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਬਖਸੇ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਸਲਾਹ॥ (ਜਪੁਜੀ ਪੰਨਾ ੫)
ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਉ ਸਿਮਰਹਿ ਸਿ ਸਰਬ ਕੇ ਰਾਜੇ॥ (ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਮ:੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੨੬੩)
ਵਸੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਪਿਅਰਿਆ ਵਸੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਗੋਵੰਦਾ, ਹਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੁ ਜੀਉ॥(ਗਉੜੀ ਮ: ੪, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੭੩)
ਦਇਆ ਕਰਹੁ ਬਸਹੁ ਮਨਿ ਆਇ॥ ਮੋਹਿ ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਲੀਜੈ ਲੜਿ ਲਾਇ॥ (ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੨੦੮)

ਸਿਮਰਨਾ ਕਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਹੈ? ਇਕੋ ਇੱਕ ਓਅੰਕਾਰ ਨੂੰ, ਸਤਿਨਾਮ ਨੂੰ

ਸਿਮਰਨਾ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਹੈ? ਪਵਿਤਰ ਸੁੱਚਾ ਮਨ ਕਰਕੇ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਜੀਭ ਰਾਹੀਂ, ਮਨ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਤੇ ਫਿਰ
ਅੰਤਹਕਰਣ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਅੰਦਰ ਸਮਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ।ਪਾਠ, ਜਾਪ, ਸਿਮਰਨ, ਧਿਆਉਣ, ਟਿਕਾਉਣ, ਮਿਟਾਉਣ, ਸਮਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਿਆ ਹੈ।

ਪਾਠ: ਮੁਹੌ ਕਿ ਬੋਲਣੁ ਬੋਲੀਐ? ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰ
ਯਾਚਨਾ: ਹੋਹੁ ਦਇਆਲ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨ ਲਾਵਹੁ, ਹਉ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਮਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਈ॥
ਯਕ ਅਰਜ਼ ਗੁਫਤਮ ਪੇਸਿ ਤੋ ਦਰਗੋਸ ਕੁਨ ਕਰਤਾਰ॥ (ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮ: ੧ ਪੰਨਾ ੭੨੧)
ਸਭਿ ਸੁਖ ਸਭਿ ਗੁਣ ਸਭਿ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਹਰਿ, ਜਿਤੁ ਜਪੀਐ ਦੁਖ ਭੁਖ ਸਭ ਲਹਿ ਜਾਈ} ਮ: ੪, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੧੬੧)
ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਨ ਕਉ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਤਿਨ ਕਾ ਲੇਖਾ ਨਿਬੜਿਆ॥ (ਆਸਾ ਛੰਤ ਮ:੧, ਪੰਨਾ ੪੩੫)
ਕਰਮੀ ਆਵੈ ਕਪੜਾ ਦਰੀ ਮੋਖੁ ਦੁਆਰੁ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧)

ਨਾਮ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਅੰਦਰ ਧੋਣਾ ਹੈ। ਅੰਦਰ ਵਸਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੀ ਜਾਣ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸੱਚੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਭਾਵ ਨਾਮ ਦੇ ਲੜ ਲਗਿਆਂ ਬਿਨ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਘਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਛਾਣਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ:

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਨਾਵਣੁ ਸਾਚੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥ ਅੰਤਰ ਕੀ ਗਤਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਾਣੈ ॥ ਸਾਚ ਸਬਦ ਬਿਨੁ ਮਹਲੁ ਨ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥ ੩ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੫)

ਜੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਾ ਸਮਰਪਣ ਕਰ ਦਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਸਨੂੰ ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨ ਤੇ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰਤਾ ਦੀ ਦਾਤ ਮਿਲਦੀ ਹੈ।ਉਸ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਦੀ ਬਿਰਤੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਲ ਜੁੜੀ ਰਹਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਉਹ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਈਸ਼ਵਰ ਦੇ ਦਰਬਾਰ ਇਜ਼ਤ ਮਾਣ ਪਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ।ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਭਉ ਨਾਸ਼ਕ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਪਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਨੇਕ ਕਰਮ ਅਤੇ ਅਮਲ ਕਮਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ।ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨਾਲ ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਿਲ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਲਾਗੈ ਸਹਜਿ ਧਿਆਨੁ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਾਵੈ ਦਰਗਹ ਮਾਨੁ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਭਉ ਭੰਜਨੁ ਪਰਧਾਨੁ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕਰਣੀ ਕਾਰ ਕਰਾਏ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮੇਲਿ ਮਿਲਾਏ ॥ ੩੬ ॥ (ਮ:੧, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੪੨)

ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਹੋਣਾ, ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵੀਚਾਰ ਕਰਨੀ, ਨਾਮ ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਧਿਆਉਣਾ, ਜੋਤ ਵਾਂਗੂ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ ਬਾਹਰੋਂ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੋਣਾ, ਸੁੱਚਾ ਹੋਣਾ, ਜੋਤ ਹੋ ਉਸ ਜੋਤ ਵਿਚ ਮਿਲ ਜਾਣਾ: ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਜੀਵਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਪੂਰਾ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੈ:

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਵੈ॥(ਸਿੱਧ ਗੋਸਟਿ, ਮ:੧, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੪੧)
ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮਿ ਰਵਿਆ ਹਰਿਨਾਮੁ॥ ਸਤਿਗਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਕੀਨੋ ਦਾਨੁ॥ (ਭੈਰਉ ਮ:੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੧੪੪)
ਜਿਨਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ॥ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਮੁਖ ਸਦ ਉਜਲੇ ਤਿਤੁ ਸਚੈ ਦਰਬਾਰਿ॥ (ਸਲੋਕ ਵਾਰਾਂ ਤੇ ਵਧੀਕ ਮ:੪, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੪੨੨)
ਜਪਿ ਜਨ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਦਿਨੁ ਰੈਣੀ॥ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਊਚ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਇਹ ਕਰਣੀ॥ (ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੨੮੩)
ਜਿਨੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਥਾਇਆ ਗੲੁ ਮਸਕਤਿ ਘਾਲਿ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਤੇ ਮੁਖ ਉਜਲੇ ਕੇਤੀ ਛੁਟੀ ਨਾਲਿ॥(ਮ: ੧, ਪੰਨਾ ੮)
ਜਹਾਂ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਤਹ ਜਾਉ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਉ ॥ ਨਾਮੇ ਰਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਉ ॥ ੫ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਤੇ ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਤਾ ॥ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਸਿਆ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ॥ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਨਾਮੇ ਰਾਤਾ ॥ ੬ ॥ ਮੇਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਲਾਏ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਲਾਗੈ ॥ ਹਉਮੈ ਮਾਰੇ ਸਬਦੇ ਜਾਗੈ ॥ ਐਥੈ ਓਥੈ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਆਗੈ ॥ ੭ ॥ (ਪੰਨਾ ੪੧੫)

ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਧੁਰ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ, ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਜਾਗਦਿਆ ਸੌਂਦਿਆ ਜਪਣਾ ਹੈ।ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨਾਮ ਦੀ ਖੁਰਾਕ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਅੱਗੇ ਵਧਣਾ ਹੈ ਬਾਕੀ ਸਭ ਭੁਲ ਜਾਣਾ ਹੈ। ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਤੋਂ ਹੀ ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਆਧਾਰ ਇਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਚਲਣਾ ਹੈ। ਨਾਮ ਨੂੰ ਦੁਖ ਵਿਚ ਵੀ ਤੇ ਸੁੱਖ ਵਿਚ ਵੀ ਗਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਤੁਹਾਡਾ ਰਸਤਾ ਸੰਵਰ ਜਾਵੇਗਾ। ਗੁਰੂ ਹੀ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਨਾਮ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਤ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨਾ ਬੁਝਾ ਦਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ।ਦਿਨੇ ਵੀ ਤੇ ਰਾਤ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਨਾਮ ਗਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ ਸਾਸ ਸਾਸ ਰਸਨਾ ਨਾਲ ਵੀ ਗਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ।ਸਤਿਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਜੋ ਵਿਸ਼ਵਾਸ਼ ਰੱਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਹਰੀ ਉਸਦਾ ਜੀਣ ਮਰਨ ਖਤਮ ਕਰ ਦਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ।ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਭਲਿਆਂ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਪਾਇਆ ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨ ਦਿਲ ਵਿਚ ਉਤਰ ਜਾਵੇ।ਨਾਮ ਦੀ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਣ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਹੋਣਗੇ ਤੇ ਮਸਤਕ ਉਸਦੇ ਚਰਨੀਂ ਲਗੇਗਾ।

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਗਾਵਉ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਗਾਵਉ ਗਾਵਉ ਜਾਗਿ ਸਵਾਰੀ ॥ ਸੰਗਿ ਚਲਨ ਕਉ ਤੋਸਾ ਦੀਨੑਾ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਬਿਉਹਾਰੀ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਅਵਰ ਬਿਸਾਰੀ ਬਿਸਾਰੀ ॥ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਦੀਓ ਮੈ ਏਹੋ ਆਧਾਰੀ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਗਾਵਉ ਸੁਖਿ ਭੀ ਗਾਵਉ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪੰਥਿ ਸਮੑਾਰੀ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਦ੍ਰਿੜੁ ਗੁਰਿ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਦੀਆ ਮੋਰੀ ਤਿਸਾ ਬੁਝਾਰੀ ॥ ੨ ॥ ਦਿਨੁ ਭੀ ਗਾਵਉ ਰੈਨੀ ਗਾਵਉ ਗਾਵਉ ਸਾਸਿ ਸਾਸਿ ਰਸਨਾਰੀ ॥ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਮਹਿ ਬਿਸਾਸੁ ਹੋਇ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਵਤ ਮਰਤ ਸੰਗਾਰੀ ॥ ੩ ॥ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਉ ਇਹੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਦੇਹੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪਾਵਉ ਸੰਤ ਰੇਨ ਉਰਿ ਧਾਰੀ ॥ ਸ੍ਰਵਨੀ ਕਥਾ ਨੈਨ ਦਰਸੁ ਪੇਖਉ ਮਸਤਕੁ ਗੁਰ ਚਰਨਾਰੀ ॥ ੪ ॥ ੨ ॥ ੧੨੨ ॥ (ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੪੦੧)

ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਅੰਦਰ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਸਮਾਉਣਾ ਹੈਂ? ਸਚਿਆਰ ਬਣਕੇ ਉਸਦੇ ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਜਾਪ ਰਾਹੀਂ। ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਘਰ ਵਾਸਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਤਾਂ ਇਕ ਖੇੜਾ ਛਾ ਗਿਆ, ਦਿਲ ਅੰਦਰ ਹੀ ਮੰਦਰ ਬਣ ਗਿਆ ਜਿਸ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਿਫਤ ਸਲਾਹ ਦੇ ਗੀਤ ਗਾਏ ਜਾਣ ਲੱਗੇ। ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਿਫਤ ਸਲਾਹ ਦੇ ਗੀਤ ਗਾਉਣ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਦੁੱਖ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਸੋਗ ਨੇੜੇ ਆਇਆ। ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਚਰਨੀਂ ਲੱਗ ਕੇ ਉਹ ਅਪਣਾ ਲੱਗਣ ਲੱਗ ਪਿਆ ਤੇ ਦਿਨ ਸੁਭਾਗੇ ਹੋ ਗਏ।ਗੁਰੂ ਤੋਂ ਮਿਲੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਗਾਂਵਿਆ ਤੇ ਉਸਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਦਾ ਰਸ ਪੀਤਾ।ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਧੰਨ ਭਾਗ ਜੋ ਕਰਣ ਕਾਰਣ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਆਪ ਮਿਲਿਆ।

ਮਨਿ ਚਾਉ ਭਇਆ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਆਗਮੁ ਸੁਣਿਆ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਗਲੁ ਗਾਉ ਸਖੀ ਗ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਬਣਿਆ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਉ ਮੰਗਲੁ ਨਿਤ ਸਖੀਏ ਸੋਗੁ ਦੂਖੁ ਨ ਵਿਆਪਏ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਚਰਨ ਲਾਗੇ ਦਿਨ ਸਭਾਗੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਪਿਰੁ ਜਾਪਏ ॥ ਅਨਹਤ ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਜਾਣੀ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਭੋਗੋ ॥ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਆਪਿ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਕਰਣ ਕਾਰਣ ਜੋਗੋ ॥ ੩੪ ॥ (ਮ:੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੯੨੧-੯੨੨)

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮਿਲ-ਵੇਲਾ ਕੋਈ ਸਰੀਰਕ ਮਰਨ ਪਿਛੋਂ ਦਾ ਮੇਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਇਹ ਤਾਂ ਜੀਵਦਿਆਂ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਸੋ ਜੀਵਨ-ਪਦਵੀ ਪਾਉਣੀ ਵੀ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ:

ਸੋ ਜੀਵਿਆ ਜਿਸੁ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਿਆ ਸੋਇ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਜੀਵੈ ਕੋਇ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧੪੨)
ਸੋ ਜੀਵਤ ਜਿਹ ਜੀਵਤ ਜਪਿਆ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਭਏ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਹ ਛਪਿਆ ॥ ੨੧ ॥ (ਮਃ ੧ ਸਲੋਕੁ,ਪੰਨਾ ੨੫੪)
ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਸਚੀ ਰਾਸਿ ਹੈ ਕਿਨੈ ਵਿਰਲੈ ਜਾਤਾ ॥ ਤਿਸੈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਭਾਇਰਹੁ ਜਿਸੁ ਦੇਇ ਬਿਧਾਤਾ ॥ ਮਨ ਤਨ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਮਉਲਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗਿ ਜਨੁ ਰਾਤਾ ॥ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਇਆ ਸਭਿ ਦੋਖਹ ਖਾਤਾ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋਈ ਜੀਵਿਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਇਕੁ ਪਛਾਤਾ ॥ ੬ ॥(ਮ:੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੩੧੯)
ਸੇਵਕ ਕੀ ਓੜਕਿ ਨਿਬਹੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥ ਜੀਵਤ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸੇਵਿਓ ਅਪਨਾ ਚਲਤੇ ਰਾਖਿਓ ਚੀਤਿ ॥ ੧ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧੦੦੦)

ਜਗਤ ਦਾ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਜੀਵਨ ਦਾ ਤਰੀਕਾ ਨਹੀਂ। ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਭਾਣੇ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਜੀਵਨ ਪਦਵੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ।ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਚਰਨੀਨ ਚਿਤ ਲਾਕੇ ਰਖਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਹ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਜਿਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਜਦ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਨਦਰਿ-ਇਨਾਇਤ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਨਾਮ ਮਨ ਵਸ ਜਾਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਸਹਿਜ ਅਵਸਥਾ ਪਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ:

ਇਹੁ ਜਗਤੁ ਮਮਤਾ ਮੁਆ ਜੀਵਣ ਕੀ ਬਿਧਿ ਨਾਹਿ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਭਾਣੈ ਜੋ ਚਲੈ ਤਾਂ
ਜੀਵਣ ਪਦਵੀ ਪਾਹਿ ॥ ਓਇ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਜਨ ਜੀਵਤੇ ਜੋ ਹਰਿ ਚਰਣੀ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਹਿ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਦਰੀ
ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਹਿ ॥ ੧ ॥ (ਵਾਰ ਗੁਜਰੀ ਮ: ੩, ਪੰਨਾ ੫੦੮)

ਜੀਵਨ ਪਦਵੀ ਉਦੋਂ ਹੀ ਮਿਲਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਦ ਭਲੇ ਪੁਰਸ਼ਾਂ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਣ ਜਾਣ ਪਿਛੋਂ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਵਸਦਾ ਹੈ।
ਕਾਮ, ਕ੍ਰੋਧ, ਲੋਭ, ਮੋਹ ਤੇ ਸਭ ਵੈਰ ਮਿਟ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਮਨੁਖ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਉਸਦੇ ਦਰ ਤੇ ਹਾਜ਼ਿਰ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਕਦੇ ਦੂਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਪਦਾ। ਜਦ ਸੰਤ ਸਹਾਈ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਤਾਂ ਸੁੱਖ, ਸ਼ਾਂਤੀ, ਸ਼ੀਤਲਤਾ ਤੇ ਸ਼ਰਧਾ ਪੂਰਨ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ।ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਮਹਿਮਾਂ ਦਾ ਪੂਰੀ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਵਰਨਣ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ, ਨਾਮ ਲੇਵਾ ਪਲ ਵਿਚ ਪਤਿਤ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ । ਉਸ ਦੀ ਓਟ ਵਿਚ ਸਾਰੇ ਡਰ ਭਉ ਖੋ ਕੇ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਬਣ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਜਸ ਗਾਉਣ ਤੇ ਦਿਨ ਰਾਤ ਉਸੇ ਨਾਲ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਹਿਦਾਇਤ ਦਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ।

ਅਬ ਮੋਹਿ ਜੀਵਨ ਪਦਵੀ ਪਾਈ ॥ ਚੀਤਿ ਆਇਓ ਮਨਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਬਿਧਾਤਾ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੀ ਸਰਣਾਈ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਨਿਵਾਰੇ ਨਿਵਰੇ ਸਗਲ ਬੈਰਾਈ ॥ ਸਦ ਹਜੂਰਿ ਹਾਜਰੁ ਹੈ ਨਾਜਰੁ ਕਤਹਿ ਨ ਭਇਓ ਦੂਰਾਈ ॥ ੨ ॥ ਸੁਖ ਸੀਤਲ ਸਰਧਾ ਸਭ ਪੂਰੀ ਹੋਏ ਸੰਤ ਸਹਾਈ ॥ ਪਾਵਨ ਪਤਿਤ ਕੀਏ ਖਿਨ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਕਥਨੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥ ੩ ॥ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਭਏ ਸਗਲ ਭੈ ਖੋਏ ਗੋਬਿਦ ਚਰਣ ਓਟਾਈ ॥ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਜਸੁ ਗਾਵੈ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਕਾ ਰੈਣਿ ਦਿਨਸੁ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈ ॥ ੪ ॥ ੬ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੧੦੦੦)

ਹਰੀ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੇ ਬਿਨਾ ਮਨੁਖ ਦੁਖ ਹੀ ਭਰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਇਹ ਭੇਤ ਦਸਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਭਗਤੀ ਵਿਚ ਇਕ ਪਲ ਦੀ ਵੀ ਚੂਕ ਨਹੀਨ ਹੋਣੀ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ। (ਮ:੯, ਪੰਨਾ ੮੩੦)

ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ ਭਗਤਿ ਬਿਨਾ ਸਹਸਾ ਨਹ ਚੂਕੈ ਗੁਰੁ ਇਹੁ ਭੇਦੁ ਬਤਾਵੈ ॥ ੧ ॥

ਮਾਣ ਤੇ ਮੋਹ ਦੋਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਜਿਤ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਹੀ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਉਣੇ ਚਾਹੀਦੇ ਹਨ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਇਸ ਤਰੀਕੇ ਨਾਲ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ:

ਮਾਣ ਮੋਹ ਦੋਨੋ ਕਉ ਪਰਹਰਿ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਕੇ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵੈ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਕੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਕਹਾਵੈ ॥ ੨ ॥ ੨ ॥ (ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੯, ਪੰਨਾ ੮੩੦-੮੩੧)

ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਜੋ ਸੁਖ ਦੁਖ ਦੀ ਪਰਵਾਹ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਦਾ ਤੇ ਲੋਭ ਮੋਹ ਤੇ ਅਭਿਮਾਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾਲਦਾ ਉਹ ਭਗਵਾਨ ਵਰਗਾ ਹੋ ਜਾਦਾ ਹੈ।ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਉਸਤਤ, ਨਿੰਦਿਆ ਨਾਲ ਕੋਈ ਫਰਕ ਨਹੀਂ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਸੀਸ਼ਾ ਤੇ ਲੋਹਾ ਇਕ ਸਮਾਨ ਜਾਪਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਜਗ ਬੰਧਨ ਤੋਂ ਮੁਕਤ ਜਾਣਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ। ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਨਾ ਹਰਖ ਹੈ ਨਾ ਸੋਗ, ਜਿਸ ਲਈ ਵੈਰੀ ਤੇ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਸਮਾਨ ਹਨ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਮੁਕਤ ਜਾਣਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕੲਾ ਹੈ।

ਸੁਖੁ ਦੁਖੁ ਜਿਹ ਪਰਸੈ ਨਹੀ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਨੁ ਰੇ ਮਨਾ ਸੋ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਭਗਵਾਨ ॥ ੧੩ ॥ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਨਿੰਦਿਆ ਨਾਹਿ ਜਿਹਿ ਕੰਚਨ ਲੋਹ ਸਮਾਨਿ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਨਿ ਰੇ ਮਨਾ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਤਾਹਿ ਤੈ ਜਾਨਿ ॥ ੧੪ ॥ ਹਰਖੁ ਸੋਗੁ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਨਹੀ ਬੈਰੀ ਮੀਤ ਸਮਾਨਿ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਨਿ ਰੇ ਮਨਾ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਤਾਹਿ ਤੈ ਜਾਨਿ
॥ ੧੫ ॥ (ਮ: ੯, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੪੨੭)

ਜੋ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਪਣਾ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨਾ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੀ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਸਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਮਿਲਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਹ ਹੀ ਅਸਲੀ ਅਮੀਰ, ਉਚੀ ਕੁਲ ਵਾਲਾ ਤੇ ਸੱਚi ਇਜ਼ਤ ਮਾਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈ। ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਦਿਲ ਵਿਚ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮ ਵਸਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਜੀਵਦਿਆਂ ਹੀ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ। ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹੇ ਮਨੁਖ ਦਾ ਜਗ ਤੇ ਆਉਣਾ ਧੰਨ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਸਦਕਾ ਦਾਰਾ ਜਗਤ ਤਰ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਮਨੁਖ ਦੇ ਜੱਗ ਤੇ ਆਉਣ ਦਾ ਇਹੋ ਅਸਲ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਹੈ। ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹੇ ਮਨੁਖ ਦੇ ਸੰਦ ਵਿਚ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾਂ ਨਾਮ ਨਾਲ ਚਿੱਤ ਜੁੜਿਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਹ ਆਪ ਵੀ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਮੁਕਤ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹੇ ਮਨੁਖ ਨੂੰ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਹੈ।

ਜੋ ਜਾਨੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਆਪਿ ਮਿਲਾਇ ਲਏ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੋਇ ॥ ਓਹੁ ਧਨਵੰਤੁ ਕੁਲਵੰਤੁ ਪਤਿਵੰਤੁ ॥ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਜਿਸੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਭਗਵੰਤੁ ॥ ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਜਨੁ ਆਇਆ ॥ਜਿਸੁ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਸਭੁ ਜਗਤੁ ਤਰਾਇਆ ॥ ਜਨ ਆਵਨ ਕਾ ਇਹੈ ਸੁਆਉ ॥ ਜਨ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਨਾਉ ॥ ਆਪਿ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਕਰੈ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਸੁ ਜਨ ਕਉ ਸਦਾ ਨਮਸਕਾਰੁ ॥ ੮ ॥ ੨੩ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੨੯੪-੨੯੫)

ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਆਤਮਾ ਵਿਚ ਵਸਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤ ਉਹੋ ਹੀ ਹੈ। ਨਾਂ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਕੋਈ ਗੁਸਾ ਚੜ੍ਹਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਕੋਈ ਗਮ-ਸੋਗ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਸ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਅਨੰਦ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਵਿਛੋੜੇ ਦੀ ਹਾਲਤ ਨਹੀਨ ਹੁੰਦੀ। ਉਸ ਲਈ ਸੋਨਾ ਤੇ ਮਿੱਟੀ ਇਕ ਬਰਾਬਰ ਲਗਦੇ ਹਨ ਭਾਵ ਸੰਸਾਰਕ ਰਚਨਾ ਸਭ ਇਕੋ ਹੀ ਜਾਪਦੀ ਹੈ। ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਤੇ ਵਿਸ਼ ਵi ਇਕ ਸਮਾਨ ਜਾਪਦੇ ਹਨ।ਮਾਨ ਅਭਿਮਾਨ ਦਾ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਕੋਈ ਸ਼ੌਕ ਨਹੀਂ। ਰੰਕ ਤੇ ਰਾਜਾ ਉਸ ਲਈ ਇਕ ਸਮਾਨ ਹਨ। ਜੋ ਅਜਿਹਾ ਵਾਤਾਵਰਣ ਰਚਣ ਦੀ ਜੁਗਤ ਰਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਹੀ ਪੁਰਖ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤ ਕਿਹਾ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ:
ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀ ਆਗਿਆ ਆਤਮ ਹਿਤਾਵੈ ॥ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਸੋਊ ਕਹਾਵੈ ॥ ਤੈਸਾ ਹਰਖੁ ਤੈਸਾ ਉਸੁ ਸੋਗੁ ॥ ਸਦਾ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਤਹ ਨਹੀ ਬਿਓਗੁ ॥ ਤੈਸਾ ਸੁਵਰਨੁ ਤੈਸੀ ਉਸੁ ਮਾਟੀ ॥ ਤੈਸਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਤੈਸੀ ਬਿਖੁ ਖਾਟੀ ॥ ਤੈਸਾ ਮਾਨੁ ਤੈਸਾ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ॥ ਤੈਸਾ ਰੰਕੁ ਤੈਸਾ ਰਾਜਾਨੁ ॥ ਜੋ ਵਰਤਾਏ ਸਾਈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਓਹੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤਿ ॥ ੭ ॥(ਪੰਨਾ ੨੭੫)

ਜੋ ਨਰੁ ਦੁਖ ਮੈ ਦੁਖੁ ਨਹੀ ਮਾਨੈ ॥ ਸੁਖ ਸਨੇਹੁ ਅਰੁ ਭੈ ਨਹੀ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਕੰਚਨ ਮਾਟੀ ਮਾਨੈ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਨਹ
ਨਿੰਦਿਆ ਨਹ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਅਭਿਮਾਨਾ ॥ ਹਰਖ ਸੋਗ ਤੇ ਰਹੈ ਨਿਆਰਉ ਨਾਹਿ ਮਾਨ ਅਪਮਾਨਾ ॥ ੧ ॥ ਆਸਾ ਮਨਸਾ ਸਗਲ ਤਿਆਗੈ ਜਗ ਤੇ ਰਹੈ ਨਿਰਾਸਾ ॥ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁੁ ਜਿਹ ਪਰਸੈ ਨਾਹਨਿ ਤਿਹ ਘਟਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁਨਿਵਾਸਾ ॥ ੨ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਜਿਹ ਨਰ ਕਉ ਕੀਨੀ ਤਿਹ ਇਹ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਪਛਾਨੀ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਲੀਨ ਭਇਓ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿਉ ਜਿਉ ਪਾਨੀ ਸੰਗਿ ਪਾਨੀ ॥ ੩ ॥ ੧੧ ॥ (ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੯, ਪੰਨਾ ੬੩੩)

ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਨੁਖ ਦਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਗੁਰੂ ਲਭਣਾ, ਉਸ ਦੇ ਸਿਖਿਆ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੋ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਣਾ, ਨਾਮ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਹਉਮੈ ਤੇ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਮਤਾ ਕਾਮ, ਕ੍ਰੋਧ, ਲੋਭ, ਮੋਹ ਤੋਂ ਛੁਟਕਾਰਾ ਪਾਉਣਾ, ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਮਿਹਰ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਕੇ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਉਣਾ ਤੇ ਜੀਵਨ-ਮੁਕਤ ਬਣਨਾ ਤੇ ਰੱਬੀ ਹੁਕਮ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਜਗ ਵਿਚ ਹੁੰਦਿਆਂ ਹੋਇਆ ਵੀ ਜਗ ਤੋਂ ਨਿਰਲੇਪ ਰਹਿਕੇ ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਧਿਆਉਣਾ ਤੇ ਉਸ ਨਾਲ ਹਰ ਪਲ ਲਿਵ ਲਈ ਰਖਣਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਰੱਬੀ ਜੋਤ ਬਣ ਜੋਤ ਵਿਚ ਜੋਤ ਮਿਲਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ।

dalvindersingh ji,

Guru Fateh,

You write,
"dalvindersingh grewal, post: 213305, member: 21062"]Dear tejwant Ji,
However before this one must be clear about your purpose in life. I am attaching below my article on this aspect which will clear most of your doubt. Please note that I have not moved an iota from Sri Guru Granth Sahib which I consider as my True Guru."

Firstly, I never said I had any doubts. I asked you the questions for my the learning process as you have used the words in your initial thread. I would like you to clarify the terms you have used from the Sikhi point of view. Nothing more.

I have read your interesting article but sadly it does not answer any of my questions. So, I seek your help to respond to them in a layman's terms as I am just a kindergartener of Sikhi.

Please let me know if the below is written by you among other questions I have posed. I am still waiting for the responses on the wonderful thread started by you named, 'Who am I'.
I will appreciate very much.

"ਜਪੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚ ਮੂਲ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਾਂ ਮੰਗਲਾਚਰਣ ਪਿਛੋਂ ‘ਜਪੁ’ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ।।‘ਜਪੁ’।। ਨੂੰ ਅੱਗੇ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਲੱਗੇ ਪੂਰਨ ਵਿਰਾਮ ਇਸ ਦੀ ਮੂਲ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਾਂ ਗੁਰਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਤੋਂ ਵਖਰੀ ਪਹਿਚਾਣ ਦਰਸਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ।"

Thanks so much

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Nothing more

dalvindersingh ji,

Guru Fateh,

You write,

Firstly, I never said I had any doubts. I asked you the questions for my the learning process as you have used the words in your initial thread. I would like you to clarify the terms you have used from the Sikhi point of view. Nothing more.

I have read your interesting article but sadly it does not answer any of my questions. So, I seek your help to respond to them in a layman's terms as I am just a kindergartener of Sikhi.

Please let me know if the below is written by you among other questions I have posed. I am still waiting for the responses on the wonderful thread started by you named, 'Who am I'.
I will appreciate very much.

Thanks so much

Tejwant Singh
Dear Tejwant Ji

Your points required very elaborate and long answers. Some of them I have answered. If some are still left these will be replied in next wave:

Point: It is interesting to notice that you have prejudged me by claiming my not knowing what the Guru Granth, our only Guru says, without even giving me the benefit of the doubt which is one of the cornerstones of Sikhi, but it is OK.

Reply: I have not done so. I have been watching your threads and your deep knowledge, I only asked you to search from SGGS the material on Dharma. This does not mean that I have prejudged you about your study of SGGS.

Point: I am here to learn from you and others. This is the reason I am a Sikh.

Reply: A Sikh is a always a learner so am I.

Point: Please post the Shabads of hell and heaven with your own understanding. The reason for that is given below.

You continue, "I can give all the quotes. Sikhi very much believed in God and soul but not in deity." Firstly, please elaborate what God is in Sikhi as compared to the other religions, and as asked in the other thread what soul is and what it consists of.
Point: God in other religions:

God in Various Religions

All the major religions of the world agree that the God is the Creator of the universe though some variations exist in some tribal religions. God is the English name (originally a Germanic word) and Abrahamic version (accepted by Abrahmic religions like Judaism, Christianity and Islam) to depict the supreme reality. Other religions like Hinduism, Islam and Sikhism have different names for God like Ishwar, Allah, Wahiguru etc. He is considered as the Creator, Developer, Maintainer and Assimilator or Annihilator of entire universe in main religions. Those who believe in God are called religious or theists and those who do not believe in God are called non-religious or atheists. A 1995 sample survey showed that 85% people of the world show themselves as religious; 15% numbers as the non-religious, though on the specific question of belief in God, only 3.8% are identified as atheist.([1]) As of 2005, 15% are identified as non-religious ([2]); this number also includes Marxists. Thus 85% of the people of the world believe in God in various forms. Some believe in one God while some believe in many Gods. Those who believe in one God are called monotheists while those believe in many Gods are called polytheists. Majority of world’s major religions like Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Sikhism are monotheists, while religion like Hinduism is polytheist.

Names of God

All religions name their God (s) differently according to their belief and language etc. Some of the common names adopted by some of the religions are listed below:

Ø Abba is a name given to the Christian God. The name is used rarely and is in Aramaic and Hebrew the word for "daddy", an illusion to "God the Father". ([3])

Ø Allah is the Arabic name of God, which is used by Arab Muslims and also by most non-Muslim Arabs. One Islamic tradition states that Allah has 99 names while others say that all good names belong to Allah.

Ø Yahweh: The Holy Trinity (one God in three Persons, the God the Father, the God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit) denotes God in almost all Christianity.

Ø Deus is the Latin word for God, and is used in Latin portions of Roman Catholic masses. ([4])

Ø Bhagwan- "The Opulent One", Brahman -"The Great", Parmatma- "The Supersoul" and Ishvara- "The Controller", are the terms used for God in the Vedas. A number of Hindu traditions worship a personal form of God or Ishvara, such as Vishnu or Shiva, whereas others worship a non-personal Supreme Cosmic Spirit, known as Brahman. The Vaishnava schools consider Vishnu or Krishna as the Supreme personality of Godhead and within this tradition is the Vishnu Sahasranama, which is a hymn describing the one thousand names of God (Vishnu). Shaivites consider Shiva as the Supreme God in similar way to the followers of Vaishnavism. The Supreme Ishvara of Hinduism must not be confused with the numerous deities or demigods collectively called devas.

Ø Baquan is a phonetical pronunciation for God in several Pacific Islander religions.

Ø Buddhism is non-theistic. Instead of extolling an anthropomorphic creator God, Gautma Buddha employed negative theology to avoid speculation and keep the undefined as ineffable Buddha believed the more important issue was to bring beings out of suffering to liberation. Enlightened ones are called Arhats or Buddha (e.g., the Buddha Sakyamuni), and are venerated. A boddhistava is an altruistic being who has vowed to attain Buddhahood in order to help others to become Awakened ("Buddha") too. Buddhism also teaches of the existence of the devas or heavenly beings who temporarily dwell in celestial states of great happiness but are not yet free from the cycle of reincarnations (samsara). Some Mahayana and Tantra Buddhist scriptures do express ideas which are extremely close to pantheism, with a cosmic Buddha (Adibuddha) being viewed as the sustaining Ground of all being - although this is very much a minority vision within Buddhism.

Ø Jains invoke the five parameters: Siddha, Arahant, Acharya, Upadhdhayay, Sadhu. The arhantas include the 24 Tirthanakras from Lord Rishabha to Mahavira. But Jain philosophy as such does not recognize any Supreme Omnipotent creator God

Ø Various names of God for the Creator used in Sikhism are the names in Sri Guru Granth Sahib and the number of time they are used are Hari = 8324, Ram = 2533, Prabhu = 1371, Gopal = 431, Gobind = 475, Parbrahm = 324, Thakur = 283, Karta = 228, Daata = 151, Parmeshar = 139, Murari = 97, Narayan = 85, Antaryami = 31, Jagdeesh = 60, Satnaam = 59, Mohan = 54, Allah = 46, Bhagwan = 30, Narhari = 29, Mukand = 28, Madhav = 27, Paramanand = 22, Krishn= 21, Saaringpani = 20, Vitthal = 16, Waheguru = 15, Banwari = 15, Narsingh = 15, Daamoder = 9, Madhusudan = 7, Raghusudan = 6, Bavan = 3, Saarangdhar = 3, Achyut = 3, Raghurai = 2, Gopinath = 2, Govardhan = 2. Other names are Gosain, Kamal Kant, Laxmidhar, Chakadhar, Chaturbhuj, Machchh, Kuram, Varah, Gorakh, Rudra, Khuda, Khaliq, Qadir, Kareem, Sarvpratipalak, Raheem, Alakh, Apar, Beshumar, Bhagwant, Bhav_Bhanjan, Rishikesh, Vasudev, Liladhar, Ik oankar, Wah(i)Guru, Wah(u) Guru, Akal Purakh, Ishwar, etc. Guru Gobind Singh has cited over 550 names in Jaap Sahib. Sikhs however worship God with common names Wahiguru (Wondrous God), Satnaam (True is Your Name), Akaal (the Eternal) or Onkar. They believe that when reciting these names, devotion, dedication and a genuine appreciation and acceptance of the Almighty and the blessings thereof is essential if one is to gain anything by the meditation. The guidance of the guru is also believed to be essential to reach God

Ø In Surat Shabda Yoga, names used for God include Anami Purush (nameless power) and Radha Swami (Lord of the soul, symbolized as Radha)

Ø The Baha’i Faith refers to God using the local word for God in whatever language is being spoken. In the Baha’i Writings in Arabic, Allah is used.

Ø Zoroastrians worship Ahura Mazda.

Ø To many Native American religions, God is called "The Great Spirit", "The Master of Life", "The Master of Breath", or "Grandfather". For example, in the Algonquian first nation's culture, Gitche Manitou or "Great Spirit" was the name adopted by French missionaries for the Christian God.

Ø In Chinese, the name Sahng Ti (Hanyu Pinyan: Shang di) is the name given for God in the Mandarin version of the Bible. Shen was also adopted by Protestant missionaries.

Ø Fundamental Principle, Mind, Soul, Life, Truth, Love, and Spirit are names for God in Christian science. ([5]) These names are considered synonymous and indicative of God's wholeness

Ø Khuda is a word for God in Persian.

Attributes

To identify God, various religions have attached attributes to God according to their perception of God. Many religions accept Him to be Sargun (with all attributes), some accept Him as Nirgun (with no attributes) while some accept Him both ways. Most of the religions accept omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence, benevolence, perfect goodness, divine simplicity and eternity and ever existent as the attributes. He has been described as incorporeal, a personal being, the source of all moral obligation, and the greatest conceivable existent. ([6])

Most major religions hold God not as a metaphor, but a being that influences our day-to-day existence. The people who have rejected the teachings of such religions typically view God as a metaphor or stand-in for the common aspirations and beliefs all humans share, whereas organized religions tends to believe the opposite. Many believers allow for the existence of other, less powerful spiritual beings, and give them names such as angels, saints, jinni, demons and devas.

Conceptions of God

Conceptions of God vary widely, despite the use of the same term for them all. The Abrahamic conceptions of God include the Trinitarian view of Christians, the Kabalistic definition of Jewish mysticism and the Islamic concept of God. The dharmic (Asian) religions differ in their view of the divine, ranging from the monotheist view of Sikhism, almost polytheistic view of God in Hinduism to the almost non-theist view of God in Buddhism.

God as Unity or Trinity

Sikhs, Muslims, Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses and a small fraction of other nominal Christians are Unitarian monotheists. Unitarian monotheists hold that there is only one "person" or one basic substance, in God. Some adherents of this position consider Trinitarians to be a form of polytheism. The vast majority of Christians has been and still is Trinitarian monotheists. Trinitarian monotheists believe in one God that exists as three interdependent persons who share the same substance/essence; the Christian version of this is called the Trinity. The Hindu version Trimurti (as Brahma, the Creator; as Vishnu, the Protector and Developer and as Shivji, the Destroyer) differs from Christianity in holding that God has three aspects. While the Hindu Trinity is not an unquestioned doctrine in Hinduism, it is taught as one postulated understanding of the universe's divine order. Sikhs do not accept the Trinity concept.

Abrahamic conceptions of God

Judaism, Christianity and Islam see God as a being who created the world and who rules over the universe. God is usually held to have the following properties: holiness, justice, sovereignty, omnipotence, omniscience, omni-benevolence, omnipresence, and immortality. He is also believed to be transcendent, meaning that God is outside space and time; therefore eternal and unable to be changed by earthly forces or anything else within His creation.

Christianity

There is only one God, and Jesus Christ is the son of the God. God creates everything in the universe including humans (Adam and Eve). Only humans have soul; the other life forms don't. That could be why killing lives other than humans is okay, even for sports. And also it could be why Christian countries prosper more than others. There is no reincarnation in Christianity. In general, Christians believe - those who reject Jesus Christ, after they die, will go to hell forever; those who accept Jesus Christ, after they die, will live for eternity with Him in Haven. God will erase all sins (bad karma), committed by Christians before they are baptized. But if they make any new sin, they will have to confess to God and ask God for mercy. Christians are taught to love others the same way as God love them. This concept could be part of why there are more missionary and charity activities in Christianity than other religions. But there is also a hatred message to non-believers - they will go to the eternal hell; that message is bad, and it could be part of why the crusaders were cruel.[7]

Islamic concept

Allah is known as the name of the God. It appears that both Muslim and Christianity share some commonalties since they both have the same God and originate from the same older Abrahamic religion. Allah (Arabic allāhu) is the Arabic word for "God", and is used by Arabic-speaking Muslims, Christian and Jews alike. Muslims consider God to be perfect, unique, eternal, self-sufficient, omnipotent and omniscient. He does not resemble any of his creations in any way. The Qur'an describes God as being fully aware of everything that happens in the universe, including private thoughts and feelings. Muslims do not believe in idolatry. Instead, they focus on His 99 “names” that are stated in the Qur’an, the holy book of the Muslims. Nearly one third of the book is used describing God's attributes and actions. Also, “hadith qudsi" are specially recorded sayings of Muhammad to Muslims where he quotes what God has taught him.

Concept of God in Hinduism

Hinduism is a conglomeration of number of similar faiths e.g., Vedantism, Shavism and Vaishanavism etc. The Sanskrit word for God, that is used most commonly, is Ishvara originally a title comparable to "Lord" or "Excellency" from the roots īśa, meaning powerful/supreme/lord/owner, + choicest/most excellent. Hindus believe that Ishvara is only One. This must not be confused with the numerous deities of the Hindus known as devas, said to number up to 330 million. Deva may be translated into English as "god", "deity", "demi-god", "angel" or any celestial being or thing of high excellence, and hence is venerable. The word is, in fact, cognate to Latin deus "god”.

There are many Gods/Deities (thousands) such as Sun, Earth, Wind, Monkey, Snake, Rat, Devi, Ganesha, Shiva, Vishnu, and Brahma. Brahma creates the world and everything in it. Brahman is the cosmic spirit and represents everything in the universe. One of the scholars compared Brahman to the sun and all Gods/Deities to the rays of the sun. This means that believing in one of the Gods would mean believing Hinduism - Brahman. Some Hindus believe that Brahman is a primary God with 3 different forms: Brahma (creator), Shiva (destroyer), and Vishnu (preserver). Hindus believe on reincarnation. The soul with either good or bad karma will propel from one life (body) to the next. The ultimate goal is to be with Brahman by attaining Moksha (similar to enlightenment or Nirvana in Buddhism). To attain Moksha, followers have to practice the 4 disciplines (yoga); they are: working for Supreme, realizing the Supreme, Meditating on Supreme, and serving the Supreme in loving devotion.

The Vedantic school of Hindu philosophy also has a notion of a Supreme Cosmic Spirit called Brahman. Brahman is described as that infinite, omnipresent, omnipotent, incorporeal, transcendent and immanent reality that is the divine ground of all existence in this universe. In the two largest branches of Hinduism, Shaivism and Vaishnavism, it is believed that Ishvara and Brahman are identical, and God is in turn identified with Shiva or Vishnu. God, whether in the form of Shiva or Vishnu has six attributes i.e., infinite, omnipresent, omnipotent, incorporeal, transcendent and immanent reality. However, the actual number of auspicious qualities of God is countless. ([8])

Conception of God in Buddhism

Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, did not mention who created the initial life and everything in the universe. God is not considered as creator. If there is no ignorance and karma, there will be no life forms. Life forms in Buddhism are not just humans; they include all animals. For some reason, plants are not considered as life forms. Buddhists believe they will not be reborn to suffer if they attain Nirvana. If they are born again, they could be in one of the 6 realms (hell, human, animal, prêt, asura and devas) depending on their karma. Buddhism teaches that only their karmic stream will propel from one life to the next, and nothing else goes with it (neither soul nor self). There is no soul in Buddhism while others do accept it. Buddhism accepts Gods/deities existing, but Buddha teaching does not accept them as Supreme Being dictating the fate of any life form. They are not different than others; they have to go through rebirth cycle like everyone else. Some modern followers do not even accept their existing. Killing any animal is considered as a bad karma. This concept is different from Christianity (killing any animal excluding human is okay). This concept could be part of why Buddhist countries are poor. The ultimate goal of Theravada Buddhists is to attain Nirvana and enter paranirvana (no longer be born), while Mahayana Buddhists want to hold off their paranirvana and be born again in human form as Bodhisattva to spread Buddhism and help others to attain nirvana until there is no more life form left in the universe. To attain Nirvana, Buddhist has to understand the 4 Noble Truths and practice the Eightfold Path. It could be done in one lifetime, but in general it would take much more. In general, Khmer Buddhists believe a little bit difference than what I describe above because Animism and Hinduism also influence them; they were taught mainly by words from one generation to the next. They believe on spirits such as ghosts. Some believe Nirvana is just a place of nothing or emptiness, and they prefer to be in Heaven (be born in Devas) rather than entering in paranirvana.

A Hermeticist conception of God

Native religions of China and India have concepts of panentheistic views of God that are difficult to classify along Western notions of monotheism vs. polytheism, Close to these, ‘The All’ is the Hermetic version of God. It has been called ‘The One’, ‘The Great One’, ‘The Creator’, ‘The Supreme Mind’, ‘The Supreme Good’, ‘The Father’, and ‘The Universal Mother’. In essence, ‘The All’ is, as seen by some to be a Pane theistic view of God, which is that everything that is, or at least that can be experienced, collectively makes up ‘The All’. One Hermetic maxim states, "While All is in ‘The All’, it is equally true that ‘The All’ is in All." ([9]) ‘The All’ can also seen to be hermaphroditic, possessing both masculine and feminine qualities in equal part ([10]). These qualities are, however, of mental gender, as ‘The All’ lacks sical gender.

According to Hermetic doctrine, ‘The All’ is a bit more complicated than simply being the sum total of the universe. Rather than ‘The All’ being simply the physical universe, it is more correct to say that everything in the universe is within the mind of ‘The All’, since ‘The All’ can be looked at as Mind itself.([11]) ‘The Alla's’ mind can be seen as infinitely more powerful and vast than any of us could hope to achieve.([12]) Therefore, it may be capable of keeping track of each and every particle across the expanse of the Universe, as well as maintain symbolism that applies to many lesser entities such as that seen in astrology and numerology. However, even with everything in the universe being part of The All, it is possible that other things exist outside of ‘The All’. This way it is trying to close on to Science.

The Ultimate

Eastern conceptions of ‘The Ultimate’, except for Shaivism and Vaishnavism, which do focus on a personal God, are not conceptions of a personal divinity, though certain Western conceptions of what is at least called "God" resemble Eastern conceptions of ‘The Ultimate’. Christian theologian Paul Tillich, in the first volume of his Systematic Theology defines God as being that factor about which we have, in his language ,ultimate concern. In this view, true self, God, or the Absolute all have legitimate grounds to be called the ultimate..

Monotheism

Monotheism holds that there is only one God, and/or that the one true God is worshiped in different religions under different names. The view that all religions are actually worshiping the same God, whether they know it or not, is especially emphasized in Hinduism ([13]) and Sikhism ([14]). Universalism Monotheists believe that: the salvation is eventually available for everyone; however in religions like Islam the belief is that the chosen people only have exclusive access to absolute truth, generally through revelation or encounter with the Divine only of their particular faith. Pantheism holds that God is the universe and the universe is God. Panentheism holds that God contains, but is not identical to, the Universe. The distinctions between the two are subtle, and some consider them unhelpful. It is also the view of the Liberal Catholic Church, Theosophy, Hioduism, some divisions of Buddhism, and Taoism, along with many varying denominations and individuals within denominations. Kabbalah, Jewish mysticism, paints a pantheistic/panentheistic view of God- which has wide acceptance in Hasidic Judaism, particularly from their founder The Baal El Shov — but only as an addition to the Jewish view of a personal god, not in the original pantheistic sense that denies or limits persona to God.

Scientific perspective

There is a lack of consensus as to the appropriate scientific treatment of religious questions, such as those of the existence, nature and properties of God - mainly because of lack of common definition of God. Also major point of debate has been whether God's existence or attributes can be empirically tested or gauged. According to one view of the scientists, questions of the supernatural as those relating to the existence and nature of God, are non-empirical and are the proper domains of theology. The methods of science should then be used to answer any empirical question about the natural world, and vice versa - lack of empirical footprint makes science sole player in the natural world. The opposing view, advanced by Richard Dawkins, is that the existence of God is an empirical question, on the grounds that "a universe with a god would be a completely different kind of universe from one without, and it would be a scientific difference." ([15]) Third view is that of scientism: any question which cannot be defined cannot be answered by science - is therefore either nonsensical or is not worth asking, because there can be no empirical answer.

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Concept of God in Sikhism

God in Sikhism depicted in three distinct aspects, viz. God in Himself and His existence, God in relation to universe, and God in relation to beings.

God in Himself: Sri Guru Granth Sahib starts with figure 1 followed by word Oangkar to describe God’s total dominant singularity. God is the single, personal and transcendental creator depicting His creative power. It is monistic in character, though pluralistic in content. The first characterization is the reality which starts with Sat(i)nam: the Eternal Holy Truth. The concept is that of one single, ever existing real entity in totality who is the creator Karta purukh of the entire universe. Oangkar is intrinsically related to the doctrine of existence in all its dimensions. Despite of the many-ness of the revealed world, its oneness is not lost sight of. The God who created the universe is the sole Master of all. God being the only one who created the entire universe has the only True identity (Sat(i)nam) and is the Permanent Truth. Choice of 1 is also an indication of the One highest reality as positive presence and affirmation. The world emanates from the positive essence; as such it is a real world, and not merely an illusion. The world, in which the Providence is immanent, cannot be pure falsehood. Thus, the living, all-extensive, all-comprehensive reality; which is unitary yet multi-faceted, is the object of estimation in the mool mantra. True is the God, true is His Name. True was He in the prime, True in the beginning of ages, True He is even now and True he shall ever be. (SGGS:1:1) Reality is the basic substance of all the modes of existence; it is the reality of the things and forms of the world.

Concept of God’s Existence:

God is self-existent (Saibhang) so is His Name. There is no one else who could create Him. This is a fact because He neither dies nor is reborn. He is immortal, ever living, beyond life and death and will continue so forever. Beside Himself, He made Nature, wherein He has His seat and looks on with fondness. Oangkaar is intrinsically related to the doctrine of existence in all its dimensions. The universe is sustained and supported by a conscious being who is the Providence. He is one with existence; the world is but a personification of Him. He is immanent in the universe in infinite forms. This creation is totally systematized and ordered universe hence cannot be chaotic. Its contents are arranged in a polyphasic unity, from lower to higher and still higher orders, ultimately reaching the oneness of the Absolute. That explains the comprehensibility of the world order, its rational character, its intelligibility to the human mind which itself is a product and part of nature's system, It is the manifest aspect or truth that is revealed to the human agency of science, in the form of process of nature. In discovering the universe and its laws, science is becoming aware of the Providence; in realizing the truth of existence, man is reaching out to his ultimate concern and support.He fears none as no one is equal to Him and all are His creation and subordinate to Him. They all serve as per His Order and according to His Will. Thus He has no enemy or enmity either. One can reach up to Him with His Grace. (SGGS:1:1)

The belief is that God exists not merely as an idea or concept but as Real Being, indescribable but not knowable. All the universes and its parts and the galaxy systems are all real. All the light and the figures created by Him are real. All His doing and deliberations are true. His order and His court are also all real. Whatever His Will and whatever His utterances are all true. True is His Grace and true is His sign. Millions and billions call Him the True. All the power and might is in Him. True is His praise and true is His commendation. All His nature is True. They too are true who remember Him. Only those who are caught in the circle of life and death are the falsest of the false.

The vision is of a power expressing itself as the Being, immanent in the world-order, considering this power as the real, the focus of all, that is, the ultimate object of all pursuit of knowledge. Reality is not a matter for reason; it comes by revelation of God through Grace (nadar(i)) and mystical experience (anubhava). The true reality is thus not in the falsehood of life and death but in the continuity of entire universe. The true reality is thus not in the falsehood of life and death but in the continuity of entire universe. (SGGS: 838, 1022, 1037)

Truth is taken to be essence of God, which accords well with our age of the scientific quest. Truth is the remedy of all; only truth can wash away our sins. Falsehood exhausts itself; only Truth prevails in the end. Truth never gets old. When one receives true instructions, understands a mercy to living things, and performs some acts of charity, he is true. He is true when he resides at the sacred font of spirit. Consulting the true Guru, he abides in peace (SGGS:468) and the True Lord puts an end to man's transmigration. (SGGS:729) That is being true, when the True One is in the heart; when the filth of falsehood departs, and the life is made clean; when man fixes his love on truth, and finds pleasure in hearing of the Name; one finds himself liberated.

He is the subtle, and He is also the manifest. He is invisible as well as visible; un-manifest and manifest. He is prevalent every where and in everything i.e., in His creation. A full understanding of God is beyond human beings. However, God, who in his fullness is unknowable, yet is not wholly unknowable. God is omnipresent (sarav vi'āpak) in all creation and visible everywhere to the spiritually awakened. As He pervades everywhere how can one say whether He is near or far. He is pervading in all forms through all eyes, He Himself is watching. All the creation is His Body. He has countless names, countless places and inaccessible, unapproachable, countless celestial realms. He Himself listens to His Own Praise. He is undeceive-able, Impenetrable and Inscrutable (SGGS, 5: 291:17)

Limitless: God is boundless, Limitless, Independent, and Infinite. No one knows His limits.[16] Even if there are limits those are beyond the reach of human beings. His powers are so numerous, they cannot be known. He Himself is the speaker, as well as the listener. He Himself is the One as well as the many. Many are His forms; many are His colors. Many are the appearances which He assumes, and yet He is still the One. In so many ways, He has extended Himself. Guru Arjan says:"Lord transcends the world as well as the scriptures of the east and the west, and yet he is clearly manifest" (SGGS:397). There is no gender for God. He is beyond calculation, beyond measure, uncountable and unfathomable. (SGGS, 5:292:10)

God has thus infinite qualities. God by himself is the one Ultimate, Transcendent Reality, Nirguna (without attributes), Timeless, Boundless, Formless, Ever-existent, Immutable, Ineffable, All-by Himself and even Unknowable in His sunn (meaning void) are Brahma and Parbrahma or the pronouns He and You. “God is Compassionate and Kind” (SGGS:49), “He is merciful and wise” (SGGS:249) Unapproachable and Unfathomable (SGGS:271:4), with absolute power, His value cannot be estimated; His virtues are invaluable. He is the Ocean of excellence, infinite and endless. God is too great: too great to fall in the measurable capability of human beings.[17] He is highest of the high.[18]

God in relation to the universe:

Guru Nanak has well explained in Japuji as 'karta purukh' and in the hymn arbad narbad dhundukara (SGGS p. 1035). The entire universe is created out of the True Lord [19], the only One Creator who created the Universe.[20] He created the universe with one word i.e., by speaking Om or Aum. He created all parts of universe, the galaxies and the nether worlds from void. He founded the continents, solar systems and underworlds and from the void he continued His creation.[21] Establishing the nine regions, seven continents, fourteen worlds, three qualities, four ages, and the four sources of creation, the Lord placed them all in His mansion[22]. He created millions of nether world and skies.[23] The parts of the universe and the netherworld are billions and beyond count. God created the entire world with ease and the light of the Lord spread in all the three worlds i.e., land, water and sea.[24] From void He created moon, sun and the firmament,[25] The moon and the sun, were the two lamps which He placed in the sky home.[26] The sun merges in the house of the moon (after the day).[27]

From void He created air and water [28]. In air He placed the entire earth and tied the water and fire around.[29] In between air, water and fire, He established the earth to act as a place of worship for the being.[30] He created the bodies of beings in many colours and forms.[31] He then created Brahma, chit (consciousness), time and space as well as Vedas[32]. Many millions of stones and trees have been produced. Many millions are the winds, waters and fires. Many millions are the countries and realms of the world. Many millions are the moons, suns and stars. When He Himself fashioned the visible world of the creation, he made the world subject to the three dispositions. (SGGS:5:291:19)

God is considered as the Creator of entire Universe. Beside Himself, He made Nature, wherein He has His seat and Himself created His Own Form. (SGGS, M.5, 291:12) He created the nature in many different ways and in many different forms. He created the vast expanse of the Universe with One Word! No one can describe God’s Creative Potency. No one can describe God’s Creative Power either. Whatever pleases Him is created. The created universe is the manifestation of God’s Name. Without His Name, there is no place at all. What was the season, month, date, day, time, and the moment of creation of the universe? The religious scholars cannot find the time of creation. The Pandits cannot find it from Puraanas and the Qazis do not find in the Qu’ran. The day and the date are not known to the Yogis, nor is the month or the season. God, The Creator alone knows these. There are nether worlds beneath nether worlds, and hundreds of thousands of heavenly worlds above. You cannot find these details even in Vedas even when one searches for them all, until one grows weary. The scriptures say that there are 18,000 worlds, but in reality, there is only One Universe. If someone tries to write an account of this, one will surely finish oneself before one finishes writing it. All places belong to the Supreme Lord God. According to the homes in which they are placed, so are His creatures named. He Himself is the Doer, the Cause of causes. Whatever pleases God, ultimately comes to pass. He Himself is All-pervading, in endless waves. The playful sport of the Supreme Lord God cannot be known. As the understanding is given, so is one enlightened. The Supreme Lord God, the Creator, is eternal and everlasting. Forever, forever and ever, He is merciful. Remembering Him in meditation one is blessed with ecstasy.[33]

Many millions are the fields of creation and the galaxies. Many millions are the etheric skies and the solar systems. Many millions are the divine incarnations. In so many ways, He has unfolded Himself. So many times, He has expanded His expansion. Forever and ever, He is the One, the One Universal Creator. Many millions are created in various forms. From God they emanate, and into God they merge once again. His limits are not known to anyone. God exists Himself and by Himself.[34] There are countless worlds and nether regions; beyond anyone’s counting capability. He is the Creator, the Lord of the Universe; He creates it, and He destroys it.

Limits of God’s Creation: God’s limits cannot be known.[35],[36]. The Lord's limits cannot be known; He has no end or limitation.[37] No one can understand the limits of His expansions as well. There were many expansions from the One God[38] in the form of light of the beings. The names and the colors of the assorted species of beings were all inscribed by the Ever-flowing Pen of God. No one knows how to write this account. Just imagine what a huge scroll it would take! What power! What fascinating beauty! And what gifts! Who can know their extent? The limits of the created universe cannot be perceived. Its limits here and beyond cannot be perceived. Many struggle to know His limits, but His limits cannot be found. No one can know these limits. The more you say about them, the more there still remains to be said. Great is the Master, High is His Heavenly Home. Highest of the High, above all is His Name. Only the one as Great and High as God can know His Lofty and Exalted State. Only He Himself is that Great. He Himself knows Himself. By His Glance of Grace, He bestows His Blessings.[39]

Sri Gurfu Granth Sahib attributes positive creativity to the God as against the other theories of East and West. It starts with the creative principle (karta) which to Indian tradition is known as Brahma. The attribute of God is supported by a majority of theologians in the east and west, is nonetheless attacked by the contemporary movement of process theology and metaphysics of critical naturalism. God does not stand outside the flow of time; nor is He the creator of the universe ex nihilo. Naturalism is prepared to admit God as coexistent with the totality of nature of universe, but a perfect, eternal and transcendent God, it asserts, is an unwarranted interpretation of the religious experience of certain individuals. Guru Nanak however, attributes positive creativity to his God. God is the creator of universe with His creative mind.[40] The Creator Himself watches creating again and again, creating void from void[41]. Creating the beings; God has installed the Righteous judge to record their accounts, where truth and truth alone is adjudicated.[42] Light of the Lord is in every existence[43] with which He controls the universe.

God in relation to the Beings

On the earth He created the bodily forms in different ways.[44] From the union of air, water and fire, the living beings are made. (SGGS:943:1, 1026:18, SGGS:152:2, SGGS:1257:10) ) The bodies were formed by binding water, air, fire and earth[45] in the new environment in which the life started in the order of plants, reptiles, animals and then man. The four sources of creation were from eggs, from the womb, from the earth and from the sweat. [46], [47]. The 8.4 million species of beings issued forth from Him. Many millions of birds and snakes have been created. Eggs, wombs, sweat and earth - these are God's workshops of creation.[48]. Worldly snares and entanglements of Maya, egotism, attachment, doubt and loads of fear; pain and pleasure, honor and dishonor — these came to be described in various ways. (SGGS:5:291:19) Sin and virtue then began to be spoken of. Some have gone to hell, and some yearn for paradise.

He is living in His own creation[49] and the entire universe is His abode. He creates and adorns as well.[50] Creation is His sport, which He Himself witnesses, and when He rolls up the sport, He is sole Self again. He is thus both the Creator and the Destroyer[51]. The God thus created the universe as He so willed.[52]He is settled in it to enjoy His creation[53].

This entire creation is His Maya. All the names and shapes of this universe are His own. Having created and being a part of the Maya He is still out of it. No one knows how His expanse of the universe is.[54] Take millions of tons of paper, unlimited amount of ink and start writing at the speed of wind, even then you cannot evaluate Him[55]. In the Lord's presence glitters the dazzling light, though there is neither the moon nor the stars there nor the rays of the sun nor the lightning flash across the sky[56].

God as the Destroyer

God is the ultimate Destroyer of universe and life on it. God Himself creates the universe and then destroys it Himself at Will[57] and gets it ultimately assimilated into Him[58],[59]. Within a moment He creates and destroys. There is no limit to His creation and destruction.[60] All coming and going is as per His orders.[61] Hence one must act according to His command.[62]

[1]. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki.god, Demographics of Atheism.

[2]. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki.god, Major Religious Groups,

[3]. http://www.orthodoxresearchinsitute.org/articles/bible-tarazi-name -of-god.htm Tarazi, Paul. The Name of God: Abba. Retrieved on 13.01.2007

[4]. http://www.csatholicnewsagency.org/new.php?n=520, Honderich, Ted (ed.), The Oxford Companion to Philosophy, Oxford University Press, 1995. 8 .

[5]. http://www.m-w.com./dictionary/Principle, Mind, Soul, Life, Truth, Love, and Spirit .

[6]. Swinburne, R.G. "God" in Honderich, Ted. (ed.), The Oxford Companion to Philosophy, Oxford University Press, 1995. "Most philosophical theologians have tried to say something about what God is like. In so doing, they have generally regarded him as a personal being, bodiless, omnipresent, creator and sustainer of any universe there may be, perfectly free, omnipotent, omniscient, perfectly good, and a source of moral obligation; who exists eternally and necessarily, and has essentially the divine properties which I have listed. Many philosophers (influenced by Anselm) have seen these properties as deriving from the property of being the greatest conceivable being."

[7] http://www.khmercity.net/forum/categories/religion-philosophy/listForCategory

[8]. Swami Bhaskarananda, 2002, Essentials of Hinduism, Viveka Press.

[9].The Kybalion by Three Initiates, Three Initiates p. 95

[10]. Salaman, Clement,The Way of Hermes: New Translations of "The Corpus Hermeticum" and "The

Definitions of Hermes Trismegistus to Asclepius", Watkins Books, p. 19 Book 1:9

[11]. Three Initiates pp. 96-7

[12]. Three Initiates p. 99.

[13]. Swami Bhaskarananda, Essentials of Hinduism, Viveka Press, 2002

[14]. Sri Guru Granth Sahib, M.5, Sukhmani,

[15]. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-hawkins, Dawkins, Richard. Why There Almost Certainly Is No God. Retrieved on 10.1.2007

References

[16] Tā kā ant na jānai koī. (SGGS:1:1036:9)

[17] Koi na jaanai tumra ant(u). (SGGS:5:368:3)

[18] Ooche te oocha Bhagwant.(SGGS Sukhmani,5:268:3).

[19] Eks(u) te sabh(u) opat(i) hoee (SGGS, p.223)

[20] Eko kartaa jin(i) jag(u) keeaa (SGGS, p.1188)

[21]Khand brahmand pataal arambhe gupt-hu pragtee aaidaa (SGGS, p.1036)

[22]Nau sat chaudah teen(i) chaar(i) kar(i) mahlt(i) chaar(i) bahaalee. (SGGS, p.1190)

[23]Pataala pataal lakh aagaasa agaas (SGGS, Japuji, Paudi 22)

[24]Sasai sab(i) jag(u) sahij upaaia teen(i) bhavan ik jotee. (SGGS, Raamkali M 1, p.930)

[25]Sunhon chand soorj(u) gainare (SGGS, p.1027)

[26]Sas(i) ghar(i) soor Deepak gainare (SGGS, p.1041)

[27]Chand(u) sooraj dui Deepak(u) raakhe sas(i) ghar(i) soor samaida (SGGS, p. 1033)

[28] Paun(u) paanee sunai te saajai (SGGS, p.1037)

[29]Paun(u) upai dharee sabh dhartee jal agnee ka bandh(u) keea (SGGS, Aasa M.1, p.250)

[30]Pavan paanee agnee pataal. Tis vich dhartee thaap(i) rakhee dharmsaal (SGGS, p. 34)

[31]Rangee range bhaatee kar(i) kar(i) jinsee maya jin upaaee.(SGGS, Japuji, Paudi 27)

[32] SGGS, Dakhnee Onbkaar p. 929

[33] paarbarahm kay saglay thaa-o. jit jit ghar raakhai taisaa tin naa-o. aapay karan karaavan jog. parabh

bhaavai so-ee fun hog. pasri-o aap ho-ay anat tarang. lakhay na jaahi paarbarahm kay rang. jaisee mat

day-ay taisaa pargaas. paarbarahm kartaa abinaas. sadaa sadaa sadaa da-i-aal. simar simar naanak bha-ay

nihaal. (SGGS:5:275)

[34] Kand pataal asankh mai ganat na ho-ee. too kartaa govind tudhh sirjee tudhhai go-ee. lakh cha-oraaseeh

maydnee tujh hee tay ho-ee. (1:1283:14), Ka-ee kot khaanee ar khand. ka-ee kot akaas barahmand. ka-ee

kot ho-ay avtaar. ka-ee jugat keeno bisthaar. ka-ee baar pasri-o paasaar. sadaa sadaa ik aikankaar. ka-ee

kot keenay baho bhaat. parabh tay ho-ay parabh maahi samaat. taa kaa ant na jaanai ko-ay. aapay aap

naanak parabh so-ay. (SGGS:276).

[35] Nanak Ant(u) na paie (SGGS Bilawal:5: 816:17)

[36] Tā kā ant na jānai koī. (SGGS Maru, 1;1036:9) (SGGS Gaudi, 5: 276:14)

[37] Tėrā ant na jāī lakhiā. (SGGS Asa Vaar :1:469:11) (SGGS Asa 3:435:16)

[38] Anik Bisthaar ek te bhae. (SGGS:5:289:7)

[39] SGGS, Japuji,1:3:5

[40]Kata purukh(u) (SGGS, Japuji, p. 1)

[41]Aapai kudrat kar(i) kar(i) vekhai sunho sunn upida (SGGS, p. 1037)

[42]Nanak jia upai kai likh(i) navai dharm(u) bahaalia. Othai sacho hi sach(u) nibdai chun(i) vakh(i) kadhai jajmalia. (SGGS, p.463))

[43]Sabh(u) mah(i) jot(i) jopt(i) hai soi. Tis(u) ke chanan sabh mah(i) chana hoi. Gur saakhee jot(i) pragat hoi (SGGS p.685) Sanbh mah(i) jot(i) jot(i) mai jaata akar kalaa bharpoor(i) rahia (Reraas(u) Sassai sabh(u) jag(u)sahj upaaia

teen(i) bhavan(u) ik jotee. (SGGS, p. 930). Kaaia mahl(u) mandar(u0 ghar(u) har(i0 ka tis(u) mah(i) raakhee jot(i)

apaar( SGGs, p. 1256)

[44] Rangee rangee bhaatee kar kar jinsee maya jin upaaee. (SGGS:1:9:6)

[45] Paun paanee agnee ka bandhan kaia kot rachaida. (SGGS:1:1036:110

[46] Andaj jayraj ut-bhujaaN khaanee saytjaanh. (SGGS:467:4)

[47] Andaj jayraj ut-bhuj saytaj tayray keetay jantaa. (SGGS: 596:15)

[48] Andaj jayraj saytaj ut-bhujaa parabh kee ih kirat. (SGGS:816:60

[49] Op Cit Sr. 19

[50]Sirj(i) saware saacha soi (SGGS, p.661)

[51]Khand(u) pataal asankh mo ganat n hoee. Tu karta govind(u) tudh(u) sirjee tudhe goee (SGGS, p.1283)

[52] Tu karta purukh agam hai aap(i) srist upaatee. (SGGS:1:138:5, SGGS:138)

Ja tis(u) bhana ta jagt(u) upaaia. (SGGS: 1:1036:6)

[53]Aapinai aap(u) saajio aapinai rachio nau. Dooee kudrat(i) saajeeeai kar(i) aasn(u) dithho chao. (SGGS, p.463)

[54]Koi n jaanai tera keta kevad chheera (SGGS, Sodar, p.9)

[55]Nanak kaagad lakh mana pad (i) pad(i) keechai bhau. Massoo tot n aavailekhn(i) paun chalau. Bhi teri keemat n

pavai hau kevad aakha nau. (SGGS, p. 15)

[56]Jilmil jhilke chand(u) n tata. Sooraj kirn(i) n bijul(i) gainaara. Akathee kathau chihn nahi koee Poor(i) rahia man(i)

bhaida.(SGGS, p.1033)

[57] Āp karāė sākhtī fir āp karāė mār. (SGGS:4:604:15)

[58] Nanak ja bhavai ta lae samai. (SGGS:5:294:14)

[59] Jis te upjai tis mah(i) smaai. (SGGS: 5:282:11, 778:13)

[60] Khin mah(i) Thaap uhapanhaara, Ant(u). nahi kichh(u) paravaara (SGGS Sukhmani 5: SGGS:5:277:1)

[61] Nanak hukmee avh(u) jaah(u) (SGGS Japuji step 20; 1:4:14)

[62] Hukm(i) rajaaee chalna Nanak likhia naal. (SGGS Japuji:1:1:7)

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
ਧਰਮ ਦੇ ਧੁਰੇ:
ਨਾਮ ਦਾਨ ਇਸਨਾਨ

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਮਾਰਗੁ ਧਰਮ ਕੀ ਪਉੜੀ, ਕੋ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਪਾਏ॥ ( ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮ:੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੬੨੨)
ਧਰਮ ਕਰਮ ਪੂਰੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪਾਈ ਹੇ॥ (ਸਵ ੪, ਨਲ, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੩੯੮)
ਧਰਮ ਸੇਤੀ ਵਾਪਾਰੁ ਨ ਕੀਤੋ ਕਰਮੁ ਨ ਕੀਤੋ ਮਿਤੁ (ਸਿਰੀ ਮ: ੧, ਪੰਨਾ ੭੫)
ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਫੁਰਮਾਇਆ ਹੈ:
ਸਰਬ ਸਬਦੰ ਏਕ ਸਬਦੰ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਜਾਣੈ ਭੇਉ॥
ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤਾ ਕਾ ਦਾਸੁ ਹੈ ਸੋਈ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਦੇਉ॥ (ਵਾਰ ਆਸਾ ਮ:੧, ਪੰਨਾ ੪੬੯)
ਧਰਮ ਧੀਰਜ ਸਹਜ ਸੁਖੀਏ ਸਾਧ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਹਰ ਭਜੇ॥ (ਆਸਾ ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੪੬੦)
ਏਕੋ ਧਰਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜੈ ਸਚੁ ਕੋਈ॥
ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਪੂਰਾ ਜੁਗਿ ਜੁਗਿ ਸੋਈ॥ ( ਬਸੰਤ ਅਸਟਪਦੀ ਮ: ੧, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੧੮੮)
ਨਹੰ ਬਿਲੰਬ ਧਰਮੰ, ਬਿਲੰਬ ਪਾਪੰ॥ ਦ੍ਰਿੜੰਤ ਨਾਮੰ, ਤਜੰਤ ਲੋਭੰ॥
ਸਰਣਿ ਸੰਤੰ ਕਿਲਬਿਖ ਨਾਸੰ, ਪ੍ਰਪਤੰ ਧਰਮ ਲਖਣਿ॥(ਸਲੋਕ ਸਹਸਕ੍ਰਿਤੀ ਮ:੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੩੫੪)
ਕੂਢਹੁ ਕਰੇ ਵਿਣਾਸੁ ਧਰਮੈ ਤਗੀਐ॥ (ਗੂਜਰੀ ਮ: ੫, ਪੰਨਾ ੫੧੮)
ਰਾਤੀ ਰੁਤੀ ਥਿਤੀ ਵਾਰ ॥ ਪਵਣ ਪਾਣੀ ਅਗਨੀ ਪਾਤਾਲ ॥ ਤਿਸੁ ਵਿਚਿ ਧਰਤੀ ਥਾਪਿ ਰਖੀ ਧਰਮ ਸਾਲ ॥ ਤਿਸੁ ਵਿਚਿ ਜੀਅ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਕੇ ਰੰਗ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਨਾਮ ਅਨੇਕ ਅਨੰਤ ॥ ਕਰਮੀ ਕਰਮੀ ਹੋਇ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥ ਸਚਾ ਆਪਿ ਸਚਾ ਦਰਬਾਰੁ ॥ ਤਿਥੈ ਸੋਹਨਿ ਪੰਚ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ॥ ਨਦਰੀ ਕਰਮਿ ਪਵੈ ਨੀਸਾਣੁ ॥ ਕਚ ਪਕਾਈ ਓਥੈ ਪਾਇ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਗਇਆ ਜਾਪੈ ਜਾਇ ॥ ੩੪ ॥ ਧਰਮ ਖੰਡ ਕਾ ਏਹੋ ਧਰਮੁ ॥ (ਜਪੁਜੀ ਪੰਨਾ ੭)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: