• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Satguru

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
singhisking ji

It has to be Satguru is Waheguru. Because the hyms that speak out to the Satguru in many/most cases had been written before the Aadi Granth (now Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj) was compiled by Guru Arjan Dev ji.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
singhisking ji

It has to be Satguru is Waheguru. Because the hyms that speak out to the Satguru in many/most cases had been written before the Aadi Granth (now Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj) was compiled by Guru Arjan Dev ji.

Aad JIo,
Gurfateh.

Its the SHABAD-GURU that is also the GURU of GURU NANAK JI SAHIB...( Sidh Ghost - where the Sidhs asked Guru Ji..Who is your GURU .. whose chela are YOU- Guru Ji answered..Shabad is MY GURU). It is this same SHABAD GURU..that is Aad Sach Jugaad Sach..Nnak Hosi bhee Sach.
This same SHABAD GURU is "personified" in the SGGS form we have Today. Meaning we all have the Same GURU that Guru nanak ji HAS.

The question of "aad Granth/Pothi Sahib/Pothis of Gurbani that were passed down from Guur nanak ji to Guru Angad Ji, Guur Amardass Ji, Guru Ramdass Ji, to Guru Arjun Ji and the final Form of SGGS that were produced and copied in their hundreds by devout Sikhs even before the SGGS was Formally Declared Guru in 1708.. Concluidng the line of HUMAN GURUS (DEH)...is thus mere fromality/technicality". The truth "SACH" is that the SHABAD hs always been our GURU/SATGURU/WAHEGURU all are used interchangeably to mean the same "SOURCE"...the CREATOR...the AKAL PURAKH...AAD SACH..Jugaad SACH..Nnak Hosi bhee SACH.

Words are so very limited in their connotations..its difficult to express what one really wants to ..limitations of language/vocabulary/expressions....

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gyani ji

I understand and agree with your statements. No question that Bani is Guru. The question read differently to me. And i was responding to the literal side of the question. The question seemed to index or refer the question of who is the Satguru in the words of the Nanak who is speaking. So I was looking at it historically -- that the Nanak was not speaking to the Granth, but to Waheguru.

Of course once we step back and see that the jyote is infused in Sri Guru Granth Sahib -- of course the Shabad, the Bani is the Guru.

Hope that all made sense up there. :}{}{}: I was just understanding the question from a different angle.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Gyani ji

I understand and agree with your statements. No question that Bani is Guru. The question read differently to me. And i was responding to the literal side of the question. The question seemed to index or refer the question of who is the Satguru in the words of the Nanak who is speaking. So I was looking at it historically -- that the Nanak was not speaking to the Granth, but to Waheguru.

Of course once we step back and see that the jyote is infused in Sri Guru Granth Sahib -- of course the Shabad, the Bani is the Guru.

Hope that all made sense up there. :}{}{}: I was just understanding the question from a different angle.
Aad Bhain jio
What is wrong with your answer?
I wonder if Gyani ji has failed to understand it, I think he has just elaborated a little more. The only difference is that you called HIM Waheguru and Gyani ji calls Him Shabad Guru. Gyani ji at the end says “aad Sach Jugaad Sach…” Who is that? Waheguru.
So therefore triangles are congruent
Bani becomes Guru because it infuses the same guidance Guru Nanak got from the Shabad

Here is your quote, compare it with Gyani ji's words
Gyani ji's quote

Its the SHABAD-GURU that is also the GURU of GURU NANAK JI SAHIB...( Sidh Ghost - where the Sidhs asked Guru Ji..Who is your GURU .. whose chela are YOU- Guru Ji answered..Shabad is MY GURU). It is this same SHABAD GURU..that is Aad Sach Jugaad Sach..Nnak Hosi bhee Sach.
This same SHABAD GURU is "personified" in the SGGS form we have Today. Meaning we all have the Same GURU that Guru nanak ji HAS.

The question of "aad Granth/Pothi Sahib/Pothis of Gurbani that were passed down from Guur nanak ji to Guru Angad Ji, Guur Amardass Ji, Guru Ramdass Ji, to Guru Arjun Ji and the final Form of SGGS that were produced and copied in their hundreds by devout Sikhs even before the SGGS was Formally Declared Guru in 1708.. Concluidng the line of HUMAN GURUS (DEH)...is thus mere fromality/technicality". The truth "SACH" is that the SHABAD hs always been our GURU/SATGURU/WAHEGURU all are used interchangeably to mean the same "SOURCE"...the CREATOR...the AKAL PURAKH...AAD SACH..Jugaad SACH..Nnak Hosi bhee SACH.

Essence is the same:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I think thougt that my answer was just limited to a narrow scope of time. Between Guru Nanak and Guru Arjan. Sorry to cause a stir. :eek:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Respected Gyani Ji and aad Jio
There is no stir. I have seen the same truth in both of your posts.
May be I am losing merit of tolerating and ignoring. Thanks for sharing your views:)[/FONT]

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Antonia ji,

You are right.

There is only one TRUE GURU- SATGURU= IK ONG KAAR.

Our Gurus did not claim themselves to be Gurus. That is why, perhaps they introduced themselves as mere numbers, just the part of human stastitics in SGGS.

Tejwant Singh

Aug 6, 2006
SSA,
Why don't we try to find the defination of Satguru from SGGS ji itself ?
Many a times the defination of satguru is written in SGGS ji. Qualities / qualifications/properties of satguru are clearly defined in SGGS ji. just read and try to understand and oneself should come to a conclusion that who is satguru.
roopsidhu

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM