Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sardars In The NYPD?

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by Brother Onam, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Brother Onam

Brother Onam United States
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Thinker

Forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere (I haven't seen it), but in recent news, as well as other Sikh sites, I've seen an item announcing a big victory for Sikhs: The New York Police Department has, after much discussion, allowed Sikh officers to wear a one-inch beard! To me, this sounds kind of ridiculous. A one-inch beard to a Sikh is non-different than a shaved face. Either you keep kesh or you don't. Is this a victory?
    That would be like telling vegetarian police officers: You may now observe a vegetarian diet, as long as you consume 10% meats.

2. Loading...