• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

USA Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newtown, Connecticut Shootout - 26 Killed

Nov 23, 2010
Lucky ji,
The US clearly knows and undertstands that they can never win this war on guns, because it is simply too late now.
On what do you base this?
Why have speed limits if people will exceed them anyway?
So your answer is do nothing?

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Lucky ji,
The US clearly knows and undertstands that they can never win this war on guns, because it is simply too late now.
On what do you base this?
Why have speed limits if people will exceed them anyway?
So your answer is do nothing?

No, i'm not suggesting do nothing.
I'm pointing out that this situation canot be won, just like the war on drugs. In an ideal world there would be zero tolerance and zero guns and drugs on the streets!!! - We know as well as the goverments that this is very very unlikely !!!

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Re: Shooting in Connecticut

Sat Nam _/|\_

Kanwaljit ji, I will have to look that one up. Sounds like a good movie.

peacesign

I was just reading about No Country For Old Men movie the other day.

It is about an ageing Sheriff who comes face to face with reality of not being able to confront the unstoppable evil that has come to his town!

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam

Lucky ji
It does seem to be part of human nature. But I have also seen Love prevail in the reactions and interactions of people in the last week.

Thank You, for that, WaheGuru (Ultimate Light destroying all darkness)

No, i'm not suggesting do nothing.
I'm pointing out that this situation canot be won, just like the war on drugs. In an ideal world there would be zero tolerance and zero guns and drugs on the streets!!! - We know as well as the goverments that this is very very unlikely !!!

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam

Before I go...
at 9:30 Eastern time, there will be a moment of silence for the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting. The church bells in the state will also be rung 26 times.

May Love Prevail.

(I also ask for a prayer for the soul and family of NS, someone I know, whose funeral will be held at that time)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM