• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Sajjan Kumar Visited Our Locality Prior To 84 Riots: Victim

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Press Trust Of India

New Delhi, August 10, 2010
First Published: 23:20 IST(10/8/2010)
Last Updated: 23:20 IST(10/8/2010)

A woman, who lost five of her family members in 1984 anti-Sikh riots, today told a court here conducting trial against Congress leader Sajjan Kumar that he had visited her locality, including her house, prior to the incident involving killings of her husband and son. "I had stated in my statement

before CBI that Sajjan had visited the locality a few days prior to the occurrence in connection with the development work and had paid a visit to the houses of the individuals including my house," Jagdish Kaur told Additional Sessions Judge Sunita Gupta.

Kaur was confronted by Kumar's counsel I U Khan with her previous statement where this point was not recorded. She was making her statement during her cross examination for the 15th day in a row.

However, it was pointed out that her statement before G T Nanavati Commission stated -- "I can identify the leader of the mob Sajjan Kumar, MP, because a few days back he visited our mohallah regarding sewage water problem."

Kaur, in her statement, denied she had been tutored by CBI or Kumar's opponents to make statement against the politician.

The witness also related how she was turned away by the Delhi police when she approached them for lodging of a complaint after the incident.

"So many Sikhs are being killed, whom should we listen to? Whatever action we would take, it would be taken collectively, police had told me," Kaur claimed.

The cross-examination of the witness remained inconclusive and is likely to conclude on August 12.

Kaur had on July 3 identified Kumar and his nephew Khokkar, and other accused Girdhari Lal and Captain Bhagmal as accomplices who had allegedly instigated mobs during the 1984 carnage.

Kaur's family members, including her husband Kehar Singh, were killed in the riots that followed the assassination of the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984.

CBI had filed two chargesheets against Kumar and others on January 13 in the riots cases registered in 2005 on the recommendation of the Nanavati Commission.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Sajja...prior-to-84-riots-Victim/Article1-584878.aspx

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM