• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Resurrection Explore Meaning

Aug 18, 2005
Fremont, California
I had a dread last night giving a lecture on this topic. Perhaps I will prepare one, God willing.

What do you think is the meaning of resurrection of the body? Most people think it means after a body dies, life comes back into it. It is hard to find the exact infinite point that defines someone completely dead. It is equally impossible where to define when conscience enters into an embro.
Everything in the universe obeys the natural laws of the universe. We perceive things like birth and death, but our views are either false or only in part.
What do you think is body resurrection? It means the exact organic cell materials that house your spirit, soul, and mind start to produce energy and rejuvenate again, and the heart again pumps the oxygen to the blood vessels, and the lungs operate. but this is resurrection of the old body. In the New Testament, there is mention of resurrection of a new body. What do you think is this new body? Nothing is new to God, but many things are new to what we have experienced. What is meant by eternal body? When you meet God, not matter what happens, the infinite glory of God in us that makes us exist in whatever form we are in is the eternal body. We should explore in depth meaning of resurrection and body. In Sikhism there is no resurrection, but there is the hukam of God which we can never fully understand. Resurrection is a primitive term man uses to try to understand the wonders of God. Resurrection is not what we think. It is deeper than what the mind can conceive. There is no magic in Sikhism, but miracles are natural things that happen which we can't explain, and they appear as magic.

Sep 11, 2005
Since the dawn of the life on this planet Earth , Miracles have been happening , are happening and will happen in the Future.

Let us first explore more about miracles :

The miracles are special and unique events that occur automatically without the human intervention but by the will of the SUPREME BEING to which we call God.

The miracles can be classified into two categories:

1. Direct Miracles
2. Indirect Miracles

Direct Miracles : Direct Miracles are those supernatural events that occur naturally by the Supreme Being To which we call God in religious terms , Cosmic Energy or Eternal Energy in terms of Scientific Terms.

These natural miracles can be Good as well as Bad . When Good miracles happen the civilization progressess or may be only an individual may get benifitted.

But when Bad miracles happen , then we call natural Disasters which happens to balance the ecosystem on the planet earth.

Indirect Miracles : These miracles happen not naturally but with the human intervention or with the combined effort of both human and Supreme being.

As it is said that "GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES",It means those who are able to efficiently utilize the gifts of God , God makes the miracles happens to them.

The percentage of direct miracles be approximated to .000001 and indirect miracle can be arbitrarily put under 99 %.

FireStorm

SPNer
Jun 3, 2004
UK
"In Sikhism there is no resurrection, but there is the hukam of God which we can never fully understand"

Dear Sister,

This sentence of yours has got me thinking.. as I thought the aim of our life is to understnad his will and abide by the same..and only by understanding it can we achieve him.

I think this is a topic worth discussing and a tough one at that.

Will appreciate your and the learned members views.

Aug 18, 2005
Fremont, California
Janamang tan marnang barang bar. We will always exist. In this life we interpret the cycle and recycling of the universe as physical birth and death, then rebirth. But in the next recycle we experience, there won't be physical material, but something totally different. Wow, what a mind blower. New Testament says a new and glorious body that never dies. What does this mean? Perhaps it means when we meet God, after death, then we realize we always lived in His glory. Being outside of a physcial body, meaning after death, then one become more aware of God's hukam and glory that houses all of the universe. This is a new thing we all can explore on this forum.

Sep 11, 2005
As per the Learned Scholars , when a person get MUKTI , he/she gets freed from the cycle of rebirths.

As you are in your full Consciouness and Alive it means that this might be your rebirth and in your previous birth you didn't got MUKTI.

You have also written that "When we will meet God , then we realize then we realize we always lived in His glory" .

But , why didn't you realized this in your previous birth . You might have met God after your death in your previous Birth.

Why again this ?

Aug 18, 2005
Fremont, California
What does it mean to be free from the cycles of rebirth. Birth is a primitive term that we use to describe what goes on. We will always be part of the universe. Meeting God does not mean that we do not exist in the universe anymore. That is against the natural laws of the universe. Knowing God and meeting God means to accept God's hukam. To accept reality the way it is, and not by our clouded illusions. You are quick to judge me status before this birth. Freedom from rebirth cycles means freedom from the frustrations and disorientations. But we will never exist outside of the universe in which God's space for all to exist.

Sep 11, 2005
May I seek enlightning answers to some of the questions .

1. You said that when we will meet God After Death ?

Please clarify me , that here , Are you using Death as Physical Death or the Death of Intangible things which reside within us.

2 . If your notion is for Physical Death , then Aren't we united with GOD now , ie when we are alive.

If not then how we are alive ?

3 . As you said Rebirth means freedom for frustration and disorientation ?

Did you ever got frustrated or Disoriented ?

4 . What causes Frustration and disorientation ?

5 . Do people accept the reality the way it is , without clouded Illusions ?

6 . Is is possible to get rid of Frustration and disorientation ?

If yes then How , If No then Why not ?

7 . Is there anything within you which often makes you frustrated or disoriented ?

There are many question but ...........

Please clarify me in Concrete way not in Abstract way.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: