• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Redirected From Do Sikhs Fall In Love With Somebody?

Nov 14, 2009
london
Re: Do Sikhs Fall in Love with Somebody?

I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVERT ANYONE, I AM JUST TRYING TO RESEARCH ON OTHERS AND ANSWER ABOUT WHAT I KNOW. THANK YOU

Unrelated material has been removed. Let's keep the use of caps to a minimum so we don't look like we are yelling. Thanks, Narayanjot Kaur

TODAY SIKH THINK MUSLIM IS THIS AND THAT
BUT THE FACT IS THAT
SIKH HATES MUSLIM BECAUSE OF THE HISTORY
GURU Nanak NEVER HATED MUSLIM
SO WHY DONT SIKH NOWADAYS FOLLOW HIS FOOTSTEP
GURU Nanak WAS A ROLE MODEL FOR EVERYONE
AND IF YOU READ PROPERLY

VAAR IN MAAJH, AND SHALOKS OF THE FIRST MEHL:
|| 7 || SHALOK, FIRST MEHL: It is difficult to be called a Muslim; if one is truly a Muslim, then he may be called one. First, let him savor the religion of the Prophet as sweet; then, let his pride of his possessions be scraped away. Becoming a true Muslim, a disciple of the faith of Mohammed, let him put aside the delusion of death and life. As he submits to God's Will (Islam) and surrenders to the Creator, he is rid of selfishness and conceit. And when, O Nanak, he is merciful to all beings, only then shall he be called a Muslim.
|| 2 || FIRST MEHL: There are five prayers and five times of day for prayer; the five have five names. Let the first be truthfulness, the second honest living, and the third charity in the Name of God. Let the fourth be good will to all, and the fifth the praise of the Lord. Repeat the prayer of good deeds, and then, you may call yourself a Muslim. O Nanak, the false obtain falsehood, and only falsehood.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">
Quran 98:5 And they have been commanded no more than this: To worship Allah, offering Him sincere devotion, being true (in faith); to establish regular prayer; and to practice regular charity; and that is the Religion Right and Straight.
<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>Quran 4:36 Serve Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbors who are near, neighbors who are strangers, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For Allah loves not the arrogant, the vainglorious.<O:p> </O:p>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
|| 6 || SHALOK, FIRST MEHL: Let mercy be your mosque, faith your prayer-mat, and honest living your Koran. Make modesty your circumcision, and good conduct your fast. In this way, you shall be a true Muslim. Let good conduct be your Kaabaa, Truth your spiritual guide, and the karma of good deeds your prayer and chant. Let your rosary be that which is pleasing to His Will.
In RAAG GAUREE MAALAA, FIFTH MEHL:
|| 2 || Reciting the four Vedas from memory, they do not obtain the Mansion of the Lords Presence hereafter. Those who do not understand the One Pure Word, utter total nonsense.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">
Qur'an 16:51 Allah has said: "Take not (for worship) two gods: for He is just One Allah, then fear (only) Me"<O:p> </O:p>
GAUREE, BAAVAN AKHREE ~ THE 52 LETTERS, FIFTH MEHL:
|| 22 || SHALOK: The heart is cooled and soothed, and the mind is at peace, chanting and singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe. Show such Mercy, O God, that Nanak may become the slave of Your slaves. I long to become the dust under the feet of Your Saints. Please shower me with Your Mercy, O Lord God! I have given up my excessive cleverness and scheming, and I have taken the support of the Saints as my minds support. Even a puppet of ashes attains the supreme status, O Nanak, if it has the help and support of the Saints.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" bgColor=#ccffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">On the authority of Anas (ra) it is reported that some people said: "Oh, Messenger of Allah (saas )! Oh, the best of us and the son of the best of us! Our Master and the son of our Master!" He (Muhammed) replied:
"Oh, you people! Say what you have to say and do not allow yourselves to be seduced by Satan. I am Muhammad, the slave of Allah (swt ) and His Messenger (saas ). I do not like you to raise me above the status assigned to me by Allah (swt ), Almighty All-powerful." (Narrated by An-Nasaa`i )
Anas informs us in this Hadiththat a number of people addressed the Prophet (saas) in terms of excessive praise and eulogy and that the Prophet (saw) rejected this, informing them that such was the temptation of the devil, that he might lead them by this means into Shirk (partnership with God). Then he informed them of the correct manner of addressing him which is to say: Muhammad, the slave and Messenger of Allah (saw); and he indicated to them his dislike of being elevated above the position which Allah (swt) has designated for him.
GAUREE SUKHMANI, FIFTH MEHL, SHALOK:
|| 1 || ASHTAPADEE: Slandering the Saints, ones life is cut short. Slandering the Saints, one shall not escape the Messenger of Death. Slandering the Saints, all happiness vanishes. Slandering the Saints, one falls into hell. Slandering the Saints, the intellect is polluted. Slandering the Saints, ones reputation is lost. One who is cursed by a Saint cannot be saved. Slandering the Saints, ones place is defiled. But if the Compassionate Saint shows His Kindness, O Nanak, in the Company of the Saints, the slanderer may still be saved. || 1 || Slandering the Saints, one becomes a wry-faced malcontent. Slandering the Saints, one croaks like a raven. Slandering the Saints, one is reincarnated as a snake. Slandering the Saints, one is reincarnated as a wiggling worm. Slandering the Saints, one burns in the fire of desire. Slandering the Saints, one tries to deceive everyone. Slandering the Saints, all ones influence vanishes. Slandering the Saints, one becomes the lowest of the low. For the slanderer of the Saint, there is no place of rest.
Quran 2:104 O ye of Faith! Say not (to the Messenger) words of ambiguous import, but words of respect; and pay heed (to him): To those without Faith is a grievous punishment. 2:105 It is never the wish of those without Faith among the People of the Book, nor of the Pagans, that anything good should come down to you from your Lord. But Allah will choose for His special Mercy whom He will - for Allah is Lord of grace abounding.
|| 8 || 10 || SHALOK: God alone is the Doer of deeds there is no other at all. O Nanak, I am a sacrifice to the One, who pervades the waters, the lands, the sky and all space.|| 1 || ASHTAPADEE: The Doer, the Cause of causes, is potent to do anything. That which pleases Him, comes to pass. In an instant, He creates and destroys. He has no end or limitation. By His Order, He established the earth, and He maintains it unsupported. By His Order, the world was created; by His Order, it shall merge again into Him. By His Order, ones occupation is high or low. By His Order, there are so many colors and forms. Having created the Creation, He beholds His own greatness. O Nanak, He is pervading in all.

Qurân 7:185: Will they not ponder upon the kingdom of the heaven and the Earth, and all that God has created to see whether their hour is not drawing near? And in what other revelation would they believe those that deny this (Qur'an) ?
Qurân 2:117-118: The Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it : "Be!" - and it is. And those who have no knowledge say: "Why doesn't Allâh speak to us (face to face) or why does not a sign come to us?" So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike, We have indeed made plain the signs for people who believe with certainty.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
While reading SGGS, a few questions popped into my mind. Any possible answers from anyone are most welcome.
1. RAAG GAUREE GWAARAYREE:, THIRD MEHL, CHAU-PADAS:
|| 1 || Those whom You Yourself have led astray, forget You. Those who are in love with duality forget You. The ignorant, self-willed manmukhs are consigned to reincarnation. GWAARAYREE: True is the Lord King, True is His Royal Command. Those whose minds are attuned to the True, Carefree Lord enter the True Mansion of His Presence, and merge in the True Name. || 1 || Listen, O my mind: contemplate the Word of the Shabad. Chant the Lords Name, and cross over the terrifying world-ocean. || 1 || Pause || In doubt he comes, and in doubt he goes. This world is born out of the love of duality. The self-willed manmukh does not remember the Lord; he continues coming and going in reincarnation.
Sikhs doesn't specifically believe in the Day of Judgement but Adi granth does say, "By His Order, the world was created; by His Order, it shall merge again into Him", something like an apocalypse or the Final Day, as we believe in Islam. If that's the case, when world will come to an end, how come a 'manmukh' (Granth's usage for a disbeliever in the Unity of God), will continue to come and go in re incarnation?
RAAG MAAJH, ASHTAPADEES: FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE:
|| 5 || He created the 8.4 million species of beings. Those, upon whom He casts His Glance of Grace, come to meet the Guru. Shedding the residues of their sinful mistakes, His servants are forever pure; at the True Court, they are beautified by the Naam, the Name of the Lord.
Biologists today believe that as many as 100 million plant and animal species may exist on Earth today. Is this figure symbolic? This goes against the established sciences of today. What's the significance of this digit, if any

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
I am not a Sikh but am confused by your intent. For instance you said:
"TODAY SIKH THINK MUSLIM IS THIS AND THAT
BUT THE FACT IS THAT
SIKH HATES MUSLIM BECAUSE OF THE HISTORY
GURU Nanak NEVER HATED MUSLIM
SO WHY DONT SIKH NOWADAYS FOLLOW HIS FOOTSTEP
GURU Nanak WAS A ROLE MODEL FOR EVERYONE
AND IF YOU READ PROPERLY"
Where did this come from? Is it a quote or your own opinion? I have not heard any talk of hate for Muslims here have you? What is the foundation for your statement. You know that a person can have extreme prejudice about someone's action without condemnation of their faith if they are rational of thought.

Sikh hate Muslims because of history? History is to learn from not to keep
reliving. After time passes it must be allowed to reside in history. I carry no rage from my country's two wars with England nor do I carry animosity
from WWII or Viet Nam.

Your last issue with the number of species, I conclude that you are trying to discredit a scripture because a number may not be accurate. You also said:

"This goes against the established sciences of today."

The weakness of your issue is that it goes against sciences of today. New species are found almost everyday and some are lost. When man travels to distant worlds we will find our numbers of God's creation are folly. We will also have to contend with the notion that we humans are not the crown of God's creation.

What is more the stories of "The Great Flood", "Adam and Eve" and many other stories of the book fly in the face of science and reality. Hence they are metaphors. Also "occultation" has no foundation in science either.

A further quote:
"Sikhs doesn't specifically believe in the Day of Judgement but Adi granth does say, "By His Order, the world was created; by His Order, it shall merge again into Him", something like an apocalypse or the Final Day, as we believe in Islam. If that's the case, when world will come to an end, how come a 'manmukh' (Granth's usage for a disbeliever in the Unity of God), will continue to come and go in re incarnation?

God has created and is the creation. Gaining reunion with The Creator is an individual journey not a group experience. Our physical bodies do not all die together and the atman(soul) is without beginning or end just like The Creator. Our essence is The Creator. We are all on spiritual paths and will reach moksha(liberation) in time. The Vedas also say that the universe will be reabsorbed by God as it has endlessly and there is no apocalypse to come.

So I respectfully ask what is your intention?

Always Peace
Satyaban

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
Lee ji

Nor I. Infact I am a member of a Muslim web site titles "Tomorrowitsyou.com", it is a Shia website populated mostly by Pakistani Muslimas. It completely surprised me and is in no way a militant type of site.
I would recommend it to anyone who wants to know what's going on in the more liberal Muslim world.

Peace
Satyaban

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM