• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Redeeming This Human Life

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 189

gauVI mhlw 5 ]
kr kir thl rsnw gux gwvau ]
crn Twkur kY mwrig Dwvau ]1]
Blo smo ismrn kI brIAw ]
ismrq nwmu BY pwir auqrIAw ]1] rhwau ]
nyqR sMqn kw drsnu pyKu ]
pRB AivnwsI mn mih lyKu ]2]
suix kIrqnu swD pih jwie ]
jnm mrx kI qRws imtwie ]3]
crx kml Twkur auir Dwir ]
dulB dyh nwnk insqwir ]4]51]120]

gourree mehalaa 5 ||
kar kar ttehal rasanaa gun gaavo ||
charan t(h)aakur kai maarag dhhaavo ||1||
bhalo samo simaran kee bareeaa ||
simarath naam bhai paar outhareeaa ||1|| rehaao ||
naethr sa(n)than kaa dharasan paekh ||
prabh avinaasee man mehi laekh ||2||
sun keerathan saadhh pehi jaae ||
janam maran kee thraas mittaae ||3||
charan kamal t(h)aakur our dhhaar ||
dhulabh dhaeh naanak nisathaar ||4||51||120||

Gauree, Fifth Mehla:
With my hands I do His work; with my tongue I sing His Glorious Praises.
With my feet, I walk on the Path of my Lord and Master. ||1||
It is a good time, when I remember Him in meditation.
Meditating on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, I cross over the terrifying world-ocean. ||1||Pause||
With your eyes, behold the Blessed Vision of the Saints.
Record the Immortal Lord God within your mind. ||2||
Listen to the Kirtan of His Praises, at the Feet of the Holy.
Your fears of birth and death shall depart. ||3||
Enshrine the Lotus Feet of your Lord and Master within your heart.
Thus this human life, so difficult to obtain, shall be redeemed. ||4||51||120||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?SourceID=G&PageNo=&ShabadID=571&Format=2

Jul 10, 2006
Thank for sharing. BTW, I always wanted a clarification on "company of the holy" or "at the feet of the holy".

Its important to be with the sadh sangat in the Gurdwara but "company of the holy" or "at the feet of the holy?

Does it mean the "Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji"?

The reason I asked this question is, "the really holy people" are difficult to find so how do one seek them out?

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
kaur-1 said:
Thank for sharing. BTW, I always wanted a clarification on "company of the holy" or "at the feet of the holy".

Its important to be with the sadh sangat in the Gurdwara but "company of the holy" or "at the feet of the holy?

Does it mean the "Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji"?

The reason I asked this question is, "the really holy people" are difficult to find so how do one seek them out?
Respected Kaur-1 Ji,

Here in this Shabad it does mean “company of the Holy”

i was also looking at this and was wondering what word is used for feet–may be “pih” is being translated into “feet”
The Source here is Sikhi To The Max- sometimes i do find their translations having this kind of things. But in the total sense i believe it is “the company of the Holy”.

Bhai Sahib Singh says: swD pih—gurU dy kol

You are asking a very Good question.
As you are asking how do one seek the holy, my dear if we start looking for True Saints and The Holy people, cannot find them easily in this Majma of Mayadhari and Commercial Saints these days. As true Saints are so busy talking to God, a real Saint will hardly take time to call himself a Saint. And a real Saint’s greatness get camouflaged by His/Her simplicity and humility and makes it even harder to get recognized. To recognize and to reach a true Saint we also need to have a basic understanding of Spirituality as well, and for that we need God’s Grace. If you truly ready from within with God’s Grace you will be able to find One.

ibnu Bwgw sqsMgu n lBY ibnu sMgiq mYlu BrIjY jIau ]

krmu hovY sqsMig imlwey ]

And

GrY AMdir sBu vQu hY bwhir ikCu nwhI ] gur prswdI pweIAY AMqir kpt KulwhI ]

Awqmy no Awqmy dI pRqIiq hoie, qw Gr hI prcw pwie ]

Every thing is within, and our Guru who can guide us is: Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth sahib Ji. Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Gobind Singh ji has blessed us with such a great Guru, what else do we need.
And the aim to do this was to save the innocent seekers from falling into the traps of false and commercial Saints.

SatSangat/SaadhSangat/SantSang many words like this come in Bani over and over again.

As experience and knowledge tells, Sangat is of two types-External and Internal.

External Sangat is literally the association with Enlightened Ones/God realized Ones/Real Saints/Real Gurmukhs.

And in this type of association we get Spiritual discourses and teachings. In this type of association we do God's praises and this leads to deeper inner inquiries or Shabad-Vichaar. This help us in a lot of ways-Cleaning up of inner filth, liberation from false ego sense, upliftment of the positive energy, removal of doubts, development of the power of discrimination, and development of many other eternal attributes as well as removal of all the worldly attributes. In the company of the holy we are able to develop the love for God.

Internal Sangat is Naam Simran/Meditation on God’s Name/Communion with God.

All that External Sangat does is prepare us for this internal Sangat. For a Sikh, if no other real Gurmukhs are around to assist, then Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the is the ultimate refuge. Sangat of Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji means that Read and understand Bani and THEN LIVE IT. LIVING BANI IS THE REAL SANGAT OF DHAN DHAN GURU SAHIB JI.

It is the inner Satsang that is going to lead you to do His Bandgi/Bhagti. This real Bhagti takes you to the realization of the Absolute Reality.

Guru Mere Sang Sadaa Hai Naaley

Jul 10, 2006
Surinder Kaur Cheema said:
Sangat of Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji means that Read and understand Bani and THEN LIVE IT. LIVING BANI IS THE REAL SANGAT OF DHAN DHAN GURU SAHIB JI.

Thank you very much for your reply. Much appreciated. You have answered my question.

Bhai Rama Singh Ji and Bhai Randhir Singh ji were among the many who lived such lives. I guess reading and comprehending their books is also being with sadh sangat.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM