• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ravidass Followers Declare Separate Panth And Granth

Nov 14, 2008
hi Bheemsen ji ,

2. Undoubtedly and unquestionably, the GGS is greater than all Sikhs. For a moment, we agree it refers to all non-Sikh Saints as Bhagat. BUT where does it say that these Saints be called Bhagat by ordinary Sikhs. How can you equate yourself with the GGS in calling them Bhagat? If the GGS call them Bhagat, are you too the GGS or equal to the GGS that you are calling them Bhagat! If my father called my Chacha as “Ramu”, does it mean, I too can call him ‘Ramu’?

u r making non issue an issue .it seems all politics

by your post it seems that as BHAGAT is an insult and BHAGAT is inferior to GURU ,

SGGS " sab ko tere vas agam agochara , tu BHAGTAN KEY VAS ,BHAGTAN TAAN TERA "

it means " O INFINITE ,YOU CONTROL EVEYTHING , BUT YOU ARE CONTROLED BY YOUR BHAGATS "

tell me how calling Someone BHAGAT is insult ????

Bhagat Ravidass ji bani is as respected AND as dear to Sikhz as Words of Guru Nanak .

FOR YOU PPLS WHO ARE SEPERATING RAVIDASS JI S BANI FROM SGGS and playing politics , I ONLY SAY ITS YOUR BAD LUCK

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
harmanpreet singh ji

First please do not use bold fonts as it seems as if you are shouting. And the use of text-message English is very difficult to understand.

Now -- I absolutely agree with you! And I thank you because you put my thoughts into words in a straightforward way. :happykaur:I have not been able to do that myself all day.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Ok Bhimsen,

1)Until you acknowledge a basic fact, that being that not all Bani of the Bhaghats was used in the Guru Granth Sahib (much of it was deliberately left out), we cannot move on.

Because if you acknowledge that you will see why your other premises are wrong.

2) Also tell me whether I should accept Sheikh Farid as my Guru?

BTW to the forum generally, there is evidence that Maharaja was from the Sansi caste, but quite frankly they have nothing to do with leather workers. Read the following links:

• "Two, Ranjit Singh who seemingly got “total ascendancy” in Punjab was not a Jat but a Sansi...", Sangat Singh, MCLEOD AND FENECH AS SCHOLARS ON SIKHISM AND MARTYRDOM, Presented in International sikh conferences 2000 , Global Sikh Studies.net >> Home Page
  • Sir Lepel Griffin, Punjab Chiefs, Vol. 1, p 219"...and from Sansi the Sindhanwalias and the Sansis have a common descent. The Sansis were the theivish and degraded tribe [sic] and the house of Sindhanwalia naturally feeling ashamed of its Sansi name invented a romantic story to account for it. But the relationship between the nobles and the beggars, does not seem the less certain and if history of Maharaja Ranjit Singh is attentively considered it will appear that much his policy and many of his actions had the true Sansi complexion"
  • The Sansis of Punjab; a Gypsy and De-notified Tribe of Rajput Origin, Maharaja Ranjit Singh- The Most Glorious Sansi, pp 13, By Sher Singh, 1926-, Published by , 1965, Original from the University of Michigan<ref>Tribalism in India, pp 160, By Kamaladevi Chattopadhyaya, Edition: illustrated, Published by Vikas, 1978, Original from the University of Michigan</ref>
  • Sociological Bulletin,pp 97, By Indian Sociological Society, Published by Indian Sociological Society., 1952<ref>Indian Librarian edited by Sant Ram Bhatia,pp 220, Published by , 1964Item notes: v.19-21 1964-67, Original from the University of Michigan</ref>
  • The Sikhs in History, pp 92, By Sangat Singh, Edition: 2, Published by S. Singh, 1995, Original from the University of Michigan
  • Some Aspects of State and Society Under Ranjit Singh, pp 5 By Fauja Singh, Published by Master Publishers, 1981, Original from the University of Michigan
But his caste does not really matter as he was a Sikh, first and foremost.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Bhagat Ravidass Ji was following the three pillars of..GURMATT.....
KIRT karnee...WAAND Chhaknna and Naam Jaapna.

So was Bahgat Kabir Ji..Bhagat Namdev Ji..Bhagat Dhann Ji..and all the rest...

When a SIKH BOWS before the SGGS..he bows down equally to ALL....ten Gurus, Bhagats, Farid Ji, Bhatts, sunder Ji, etc etc....EQUALLY !!! Humnamahs can come from any Bani...its from the SGGS..Ardass is performed before ALL in SGGS...as OUR GURU.

FOOLS can take away a "solitary brick" here and there.saying..oh this is mine..that is my bhagats......BUT the SGGS MANSION will stand as magnificent as always..because in its Foundation runs the BLOOD of Thousands of Martyrs..chief among them Guru Arjan Ji sirtaaj shaheedaan de. The SGGS is not a "kacha perra of atta" that can be divided..its a Solid Prautha that was Baked on the Hottest Plate and the Hottest Fire that Chandu could light up..the Paratha that serves to feed millions daily in Guru Ka Langgars all over the world DAILY !! SHABAD DA LANGGAR !!:up:

May 24, 2008
Bhimsen Ji ,
It is quite clear that the so called JATTS are not at all so called HIGH CASTES as per Caste System ( Hindu ) in fact they are the so called LOW CASTE , so whom they ( jatts ) are befooling except themselves is not clear to anybody . During Singh Sabha Movement in 19th century , Giani Ditt Singh & Prof. Gurmukh Singh Ji led the strugggle which led to revival of Sikhism belonged to so called low castes . The Dera Ballan has done a great disservice to the cause of Ravidassi community by declaring a new religion for them because it ( also ) discriminates on the baisis of castes whereas Sikhism is based upon the idea of casteless society . IMHO the new religion will merge back into Hinduism within next 15 years just like Kabirpanthis because the baisis of Hinduism is also Varna ( caste ) System . The bottom line is so-called Hinduism ( Brahminism ) is a caste infested gutter from which Ravidassis cannot escape & will be submerged into it very very soon .
Infact the so called Ravidassis were Sikhs before they came to be known as Ravidassias . Infact the 108 Sants , Babas , Charlatans who have coined this term RAVIDASSIA are misleading this strong arm of Sikhism , the so- called Ravidassis , who embraced Sikhism long before they found Bhagat Ravidass Ji , they were just led into believing ( mislead ) that Bhagat Ravidass ji was their Guru instead of Ten Sikh Gurus & Holy Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji . These 108 Sants , Babas are from the lineage of Narainu Mahant of Saka Nankana Sahib ( & other mahants ) propped up by British who went out of Business post the formation of Gurudwara Act , 1925 . There was no term as SANT before 1925 amongst Sikhs . Therefore colloborating with then British , then Congress , then RSS (BJP ) they have played this game of breaking this group away from Sikhs by spreading misinformation about Sikhism , Sikh Gurus & SGGS . Also they are earning a lot of Moolah this way apart from the patronage of various central Govt & agencies .

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM