• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

"RAM" Act Fatwa

Feb 14, 2006
veerji,

We can't stop anything. Things that are going to happen will. Expect it to go bad and get worse. All we can do is oppose hurtful things the best we can. We can support the right things and take a stand against the wrong things. We can protest, file petitions, try to educate and prepare ourselves best we can. We can be willing to sacrifice our dasvandh, our time, maybe even our life for the right things so we don't get sucked down into the corruption all around us. If we learn from these crazy things in this crazy world, we're already leaving it better than when we came.

All I know, bad times make courageous people. Otherwise everyone would be lazy and care only about themselves. I know there will always be traitors and betrayals. But there are noble things too. There are good Hindu's who saved Sikhs out of love for humanity. And there are Sikhs who in this day and age, faced torture and death with courage and did not betray. There will always be heroes and villains in the world. I'm just an ordinary person. But I love what I love, and I want to become that.

I think bad times are coming. And when it comes, if we're good, if we have heart for suffering people, we will do all we can to help. What else can we do but stay true to ourselves and what we love. No one can stop the Kali Yug. We have to go thru this cycle and somehow keep our loyalty and our love intact. If people are falling away, it's because they love something else. Just remember, someone who is killed can be reborn. Someone who cuts hair can grow it again. Someone who does evil can change in their heart and turn toward good. This is the redemption of the whole world. Just have faith in the Guru. Just cling to the Guru, and no matter what happens, there is peace. That's the victory. The world is drowning, suffering, burning. But you can have peace in the midst of torture. Guruji already has the victory.

badmash

SPNer
Jan 25, 2007
I am not in the habit of psychoanalyzing anyone or giving critiques of emotions. What is undeniable is the rot and incompetence of our leadership, both Sikh and Indian. What is also undeniable is our apathy among the educated Sikhs to be more involved, but that generalization is true among most faiths, although not as striking as it is in Sikhism. What is needed is for the Sikhs as a community to come together and fight the issues which need to be fought to preserve themselves. My point is that internal bickering, overly indulgent condemnation of peers, lofty verbosity are not going to goad us to getting there. The only thing, I think, is to return in some way to one's roots. I think flying off the deep end regarding an upcoming Khalsa Raj flies in the face of factual reality and truth. It smacks of a dreamy detached extremism that while refreshing in the face of loss of culture, is itself sometimes inimical to sustainable, rational and constructive discussion that all can partake of. We need to be able to form a core of a group of people who are willing to take concrete, small steps to achieving some of the goals of preserving culture. Otherwise, indeed, why is it so bad to question spitting in the wind?

Feb 14, 2006
You don't believe in the Khalsa Raj because you think Sikhi is a cultural phenomenon. As long as you think it's about cultural pride and insular politics, then we're in danger of creating the same thing as BJP-RSS. All those mass movements in the world, communism, fascism, nationalism are creating hell on earth. Pride and politics are not the answer, they're just more of the same.

Without any spiritual reality there can be no transformation. Unless we are transformed from the causes of suffering that have roots within us, what do we have to offer? Politics for the sake of politics or national pride are just another corruption.

It's that something purer, that evolutionary process, that potential cleansing on a spiritual level that has power to give life to the world. All these temporal powers and kingdoms are rising and falling and crumbling into the very thing they sought to reform.

Only a rule by the pure has any meaning of justice. Only with purification from the vikaars that contaminate our best intentions can true rule be anything other than oppression. If you don't believe in Guruji, then you're only wanting a museum to preserve history in. It's not a living faith. It has no meaning.

Raj Karega Khalsa!

badmash

SPNer
Jan 25, 2007
Then you must realize you live in a world of self defined dreams. That degree of purity is no longer found on this planet. You have a right to believe in that idealistic perspective of faith, but I also believe people should have the right to believe in what they perceive and see to be realistic or practical. Unfortunately, I think some feel the need to always have a comment or judgement. My feeling is that the maturity of a faith or religion or society and indeed the individual, is the ability to respect and accept the differences of perspective and use them constructively together. I too grow tired of this irrational debate, and to use the words of another on this forum, feel posting here is basically irrelevant, because talk, counter talk and flowery gurbani will not promote sikhism today in any true manner or way. Be well, good luck to all who read this, Sat Sri Akal!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM