• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Rahul's Statement On 1984 Riots

May 24, 2008
TIMES OF INDIA
'84 riots wrong, guilty should be brought to justice: Rahul
18 Nov 2008, 2052 hrs IST, PTI

AMRITSAR: Utilising his visit to the city of the Golden Temple, Rahul Gandhi reached out to the Sikhs terming as "absolutely wrong" the riots General Secretary of the All India Congress Party Committee Rahul Gandhi addresses the media during a Punjab Youth Congress organisational election press conference in Amritsar. (AFP Photo)
against this community in 1984 following the assassination of his grandmother and former prime minister Indira Gandhi.

The perpetrators of the violence should be brought to justice, the scion of the Nehru-Gandhi family said at the spiritual capital of the Sikhs.

"The 1984 riots were absolutely wrong. They (the perpetrators) should be brought to justice," the AICC general secretary said in reply to a question at a press conference here to announce the schedule of the organisational elections of the Indian Youth Congress in Punjab.

"My mother, father and grandmother felt and said that they were proud of the Sikh community," he said.

Gandhi also said the Nehru-Gandhi family was proud of the Sikh community. "I or my family have no ill-feeling towards any community," he said.

On other issues, Gandhi asked the BJP to introspect on the links between the Malegaon blast suspects and its affiliates and said the government was doing a good job in containing terrorism.

"BJP should have a look into the links which the Malegaon accused have with the party," Gandhi said

Replying to a question on the allegations of BJP's prime ministerial candidate L K Advani that the Congress was "politicising" terror, he said, "I have no response".

"Advaniji has the view that the Congress is politicising terror. May be the BJP should take a look into what it does," Gandhi, who was in a rare combative mood, said.

Gandhi also said use of money power in elections cannot be completely eliminated but his party will try to minimise it

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Congress,Sonia,manmohan and rahul should first throw Tytler,sajjan kumar and other leaders which are responsible for riots out of their party and then they should talk about anti sikh riots.Sonia gandhi goes to Gujarat and says that modi is maut kaa saudagar(Dealer of death) But what about maut ke saudagar of congress .Throw them out and then speak

msv

SPNer
May 19, 2006
Nehru Gandhi family has always been anti sikhs. Look at the history of sikhs and family tree of Nehru family. What Jawahar Lall's forefather "GANGU" did to "Chote Sahibzades" in Sirhand. Look at Nehru's family tree and you will find out who was "GANGU". What Indra and Rajiv did is not a secret.:eek::down:
Rahul's statement is ony crocodile treas.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I don't Think Gangu has any Relation with Nehru.There is no proof of Gangu's relation with
Nehru family.It is myth spreaded by some people

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
TIMES OF INDIA
'84 riots wrong, guilty should be brought to justice: Rahul
18 Nov 2008, 2052 hrs IST, PTI

AMRITSAR: Utilising his visit to the city of the Golden Temple, Rahul Gandhi reached out to the Sikhs terming as "absolutely wrong" the riots General Secretary of the All India Congress Party Committee Rahul Gandhi addresses the media during a Punjab Youth Congress organisational election press conference in Amritsar. (AFP Photo)
against this community in 1984 following the assassination of his grandmother and former prime minister Indira Gandhi.

The perpetrators of the violence should be brought to justice, the scion of the Nehru-Gandhi family said at the spiritual capital of the Sikhs.

"The 1984 riots were absolutely wrong. They (the perpetrators) should be brought to justice," the AICC general secretary said in reply to a question at a press conference here to announce the schedule of the organisational elections of the Indian Youth Congress in Punjab.

"My mother, father and grandmother felt and said that they were proud of the Sikh community," he said.

Gandhi also said the Nehru-Gandhi family was proud of the Sikh community. "I or my family have no ill-feeling towards any community," he said.

On other issues, Gandhi asked the BJP to introspect on the links between the Malegaon blast suspects and its affiliates and said the government was doing a good job in containing terrorism.

"BJP should have a look into the links which the Malegaon accused have with the party," Gandhi said

Replying to a question on the allegations of BJP's prime ministerial candidate L K Advani that the Congress was "politicising" terror, he said, "I have no response".

"Advaniji has the view that the Congress is politicising terror. May be the BJP should take a look into what it does," Gandhi, who was in a rare combative mood, said.

Gandhi also said use of money power in elections cannot be completely eliminated but his party will try to minimise it

You think he means this or is this just pure spin?

sher

SPNer
Feb 21, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't Think Gangu has any Relation with Nehru.There is no proof of Gangu's relation with
Nehru family.It is myth spreaded by some people

No Sir! It is not a myth. After Gangu sold the Sahibzadey and Mata Guzri Ji of course he was the target of Sikhs. I think Baba Banda Singh's soldiers came and dragged him and kille dhim. His wife went to Delhi with her sons to plead to the emperor that she was suffering after doing such a great service to the crown.
She couldn't go to Sirhind because the Nabob was routed by Banda Singh Also.
SO the emperor gave a Zagir-lordship over land- by the Canal [Nehar]. Therefore the PUNDITS adopted their TITLE name receieved from Muslim King-NEHRU= It meant THOSE OF THE CANAL LORDSHIP.
There is no other explanation of kashmiri pundits having last name as NEhru and residing happily from muslim times in Delhi.
Remember that these poor kashmiri pundits were hunted and Ninth guru ji had sacrifice himself.
I also read that the above story was narrated in a book from a conversation between Jawarlal and his father after Jawahar was arrested fighting amongst Sikhs against at Jaito.
He asked his son if he was insane. Because when these sikhs find out YOUR history you will be soory. SOOOOO makke sure that you destroy them before they destroy you.
HENCE: Right after 1947, you have
1-Army general blown up in ONE helicopter,
2-Punajb divided first into two then three.
3-via Naxlite movement kill over 1000's sikh young in 1960's
4-khalistan movement started by Indian govt and killed 250000
5-never let Punajbis buy land in haryana, rajsthana or kashmir but they can buy land in punajb.
6-never letting punjabi to be in effect in PUNJAB
7- giving punajbi areas to haryana, rajsthan, himachal etc

WAIT and see what else they do-

ummmm PUNJAB will have Hindi legalized as state language within 20 years.

SO there.

msv

SPNer
May 19, 2006
No Sir! It is not a myth. After Gangu sold the Sahibzadey and Mata Guzri Ji of course he was the target of Sikhs. I think Baba Banda Singh's soldiers came and dragged him and kille dhim. His wife went to Delhi with her sons to plead to the emperor that she was suffering after doing such a great service to the crown.
She couldn't go to Sirhind because the Nabob was routed by Banda Singh Also.
SO the emperor gave a Zagir-lordship over land- by the Canal [Nehar]. Therefore the PUNDITS adopted their TITLE name receieved from Muslim King-NEHRU= It meant THOSE OF THE CANAL LORDSHIP.
There is no other explanation of kashmiri pundits having last name as NEhru

I myself have read a very similar account about Nehru surname. There is no other family with the same surname.
The tragedy is that our preachers are ignorant about our sikh history when they tell Sahibzadey's history ( it is not a story because it is a fact so it is history) they tell GANGU as Guru ji's chef. Why would Guru ji employ a pandit as his family chef when they abolished the cast system and every Guru and their family members had their langar with the sangat in the pangat . Kashmiri pandits brought their own cook because they did not want to eat sitting alongside of ordinary sangat. So he was not Guru ji's cook.
Anybody if in doubt should find the family tree of nehru family from Haridwar Pandits or Allhabad pandits where hindus take the ashes of the dead and record the dead person's details in the family log book. I agree what SHER has written.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
msv ji

It could be that he was chef to the sangat and cooked the langar. Anyway -- how can the specifics of this be verified? It could be a tangent -- the relevant issue is that he was a double-crosser.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<5-never let Punajbis buy land in haryana, rajsthana or kashmir but they can buy land in punajb.>>

this is incorrect.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
<<5-never let Punajbis buy land in haryana, rajsthana or kashmir but they can buy land in punajb.>>

this is incorrect.

Please inform Mr. Sanghera.

I am skeptical about the Nehru story but do not totally discount the possibility is may be true. I first read this in Sangat Singh's book, The Sikhs in History, but now I am older I realise his book is very partisan and not very scholarly.

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
dalsingh ji

i find many such statements combined with other known facts.

this is a typical propaganda technique -

say three generic statements that would be known facts but not accusatory

make a sensitive and impacting false accusation

then another fact

and then pile on with as many delusional false accusations

listeners/readers get lulled into accepting the whole rant/text as a fact.

this has its roots in how human mind processes information

it goes through stages:

aware - something interests the mind
assess - check check....makes sense
absorb - QC had been passed, accept what is coming
Accept - The whole data presented seems "the truth."

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
on the land case

Many states link agricultural land sale to Domicile which might range from 10 yrs to 20 yrs

Rajasthan was a peculiar case. It was not a ban but an additional approval was required from DC during 1992-1996( i think). The approval was supposed to be a check to identify possible Police wanted people immigrating out of punjab.

the rule existed only for 4 districts bordering punjab. And it was for all Punjabis and not SIKHS

The rule was later superceded by the domicile rule like many other states.

MP still does not have such rule and many punjabi farmers are buying land in MP and chattisgarh

wanted agriculture land in M.P. - AgricultureInformation.com

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM