• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Quran - To All Sikh Students

Jul 10, 2006
To read the Koran or not to read the Koran? I ask for what purpose would we read it?
The whole world is riding a wave of Islamic hatred that is fuelled by the Koran, beheadings, torture and wanton cruelty are dished out everyday to those that Muslims view as infidels. Do you think Sikh’s will be spared from this evil? We are all the infidel prepare yourselves for the fire of Allah, we can either be consumed or recognise where this evil is coming from!:}8-:

The main message of the Koran is one of hate and killing.
1.Quran Surah 4:
2.Allah will bestow a vast reward on those who fight in religious wars.
Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them.
Surah 9:
Slay the idolaters wherever you find them.
Give tiding of a painful doom to Christians and Jews.
Fight disbelievers who are near you, and let them see the harshness in you.
Tabari IX:69
"Killing disbelievers is a small matter to us."

Ishaq:489
"Do the {censored}s think that we are not their equal in fighting? We are men who think that there is no shame in killing."

Ishaq:369
‘By Allah, had Muhammad ordered me to murder you, my brother, I would have cut off your head.'

Qur'an 5:33
"The punishment for those who wage war against Allah and His Prophet and make mischief in the land, is to murder them, crucify them, or cut off a hand and foot on opposite sides...their doom is dreadful. They will not escape the fire, suffering constantly."

Qur'an 8:12
"Your Lord inspired the angels with the message: ‘I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes."

Tabari VII:81
"‘What do you think Khattab?' Muhammad asked. ‘I say you should hand them over to me so that I can cut off their heads. Thus Allah will know that there is no leniency in our hearts toward the unbelievers.'

Here is that hate learnt from the Koran in action...
FAITH UNDER FIRE
Christian beaten to death
in hospital by Muslim cop
Policeman: 'I have offered my religious duty ... I'm spiritually satisfied'

Samuel Masih was buried in Lahore, Pakistan, yesterday following injuries he received from a Muslim policeman who beat the 27-year-old Christian with a hammer as he lay in his hospital bed recovering from a bout of tuberculosis.
Masih had been in jail since Aug. 23, 2003, awaiting trial on charges of blasphemy under Pakistan's strict "Law 295" – which forbids desecrating the Quran and "defiling" the name of Islam's prophet, Muhammad. On the day of his arrest, Masih was collecting garden rubbish, which he heaped temporarily against the wall of a mosque in Lahore's Lawrence Gardens section while collecting more that he planned to burn later. This action brought the blasphemy charge, which carries a maximum two-year prison sentence.
He had been held in the Lahore Central Jail for nine months when he had a severe tuberculosis attack and was transferred to a local hospital. According to reports in the Lahore Daily Times, the constable assigned to guard the prisoner's room at the hospital, Officer Faryad Ali, savagely beat Masih with a hammer used for cutting bricks after learning he had been accused of strewing garbage near the mosque's walls.
Faryad Ali, who has been jailed and charged with murder, reportedly told investigators it was his religious duty as a Muslim to kill the Christian man. According to Voice of the Martyrs, he is reported to have said, "I have offered my religious duty for killing the man. I'm spiritually satisfied and ready to face the consequences."

Its the 21st century and look at Indonesia. Thousands of Christians have been murdered (by machette & axes mostly) in broad daylight! Churches burn.!!

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Das gives the first differance between what todays world knows as Islam though wrongly say Wahabisim .

As per them nenver let a non blever preach his faith,while in our faith our Ninth Master gives life to protect the faith of others.

as per Wahabis only their way is OK,we say our way could be best but God has made all the ways so are valid.

Das repeats that,there has ben mnay misinterpetaion of Holy Kuran by vested interests as in Arebic 1 word may mean 80 differnt things.And so Islam has 72 sects or even more due to thsee differnaces.

Wahabis are rather recent born from Naqshbandis.

binnz001

SPNer
Sep 21, 2006
I would say, this brother "SIKH" is at first stage of being brainwashed. Brother if u carefully read & understand SGGS , therz no beautiful way of life or submission to god than in that book. Just try to follow your own gurus who sacrifised so much for us, I guess we have evrything within our own religion & we dont need to look outside, u should set examples so that other people should learnfrom our faith in our religion.......... GURFATEH

manmitchera

SPNer
Apr 6, 2006
sikhi has never been proved wrong by science, but christianity has, islam has, hinduism has and many more.
to me personally, sikhi is the only truthful path of living.

if u dont kno already hindus(RSS) try to preach false info about the granth sahib, brainwash them into thinking sikhs r hindus. which is totally false.

muslims try converting sikhs and target sikh women cuz there easy targets. mainly in the UK.

this is not new and is very old, but still continues til today , and is a very, very big problem. dont 4get sikhi, b strong, learn.
its lack of knowledge that these so called "sikhs" convert easily .
read this.

BHAIRAO, FIFTH MEHL, FIRST HOUSE:
ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Setting aside all other days, it is said that the Lord was born on the eighth lunar day. || 1 || Deluded and confused by doubt,
the mortal practices falsehood. The Lord is beyond birth and death. || 1 || Pause || You prepare sweet treats and feed
them to your stone god. God is not born, and He does not die, you foolish, faithless cynic! || 2 || You sing lullabyes to your
stone god - this is the source of all your mistakes. Let that mouth be burnt, which says that our Lord and Master is subject to birth. || 3 || He is not born, and He does not die; He does not come and go in reincarnation. The God of Nanak is pervading
and permeating everywhere. || 4 || 1 || BHAIRAO, FIFTH MEHL: Standing up, I am at peace; sitting down, I am at peace. I
feel no fear, because this is what I understand. || 1 || The One Lord, my Lord and Master, is my Protector. He is the Innerknower, the Searcher of Hearts. || 1 || Pause || I sleep without worry, and I awake without worry. You, O God, are
pervading everywhere. || 2 || I dwell in peace in my home, and I am at peace outside. Says Nanak, the Guru has implanted
His Mantra within me. || 3 || 2 || BHAIRAO, FIFTH MEHL: I do not keep fasts, nor do I observe the month of Ramadaan. I
serve only the One, who will protect me in the end. || 1 || The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah. He
administers justice to both Hindus and Muslims. || 1 || Pause || I do not make pilgrimages to Mecca, nor do I worship at
Hindu sacred shrines. I serve the One Lord, and not any other. || 2 || I do not perform Hindu worship services, nor do I offer
the Muslim prayers. I have taken the One Formless Lord into my heart; I humbly worship Him there. || 3 || I am not a
Hindu, nor am I a Muslim. My body and breath of life belong to Allah. to Raam . the God of both. || 4 || Says Kabeer,
this is what I say: meeting with the Guru, my Spiritual Teacher, I realize God, my Lord and Master. ( Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, pg 1136).

Sep 7, 2006
:confused: :confused: Shocked to see this post.
It is indeed surprising that such a post can appear in the forum like this. I have just read the title of the post and have not read as to the content of the post.To me it is an absurdity.The moderators of the site should not have permitted this kind of post.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The post should have been re-directed to some Islamic site.It is the Koran that you are talking about that has divided the mankind in almost two poles.You may be happy with your studies but we don't want to read that propagates hatred and cruelty towards other members of different faith.
The fact that you have been allowed to make your post visible is the magnanimity of Sikhism.I just do not digest the big idea of authoring this.

Either you are not a sikh or I am not.Respected sir, our community is very small.Do not make fun of us. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sep 7, 2006
NO agreement ,Sir......No whatsoever.

Islam is all about hatred ,killings,terrorism,massacre and blood shed of humanity.Thanks a lot for your advice.You seem to be an old man,Sir.

I simply do not believe that such kinds of things are allowed to be posted on this site.Kindly do not send this kind of posts.It is better that one sends it to some Muslim's site.One may be rewarded with something.Do not brain wash us.

Be at peace with your self and let us be also.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Admin Note: Please do not pass judgements when you have not studied the other philosophies. Who says Islam is all about hatred or killing? I have some very good muslim friends. Please study before making judgement on others or this site. Please do not advise others on the policies of SPN. Thanks and Regards. Please take no offence.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
aman veer ji nobody said here that muslims are bad.but we cannot deny islam in its present is preaching hatred towards non muslims.let me show you something from islamic.

friendship & interaction with non-muslims - etailed explanation - Ummah.com
1) Muwalat or Mawadda: This means to have close and intimate relationship and deep love and affection from one’s heart.

This kind of relationship is reserved only for Muslims; hence it will not be permitted for a Muslim to have this type of friendship with non-Muslims. The verses of the Qur’an prohibiting Muslims from having intimate and close friendship with non-Muslims, especially the first verse of Surah al-Mumtahina, is regarding this kind of relationship.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
if educated muslims have this type of attituide then only god knows what type of attituide uneducated muslims have towards non muslims.

Sep 7, 2006
Dear Mr. Aman ji
Thanks a lot for your advise. I do not take this.I have the right to state against the religion that has not much in common .KOran is the Holy book of that religion.Why should I study the book that is based on diffrent philosphy altogether.I would prefer to do My Paath 100 times than to listen to Koran.

I hope this is a forum to discuss sikhism and not to propagate Islamic cult.There are many sites for this.But the sites for sikhism are limited.The Koran's translations are having different meaning about the controversial verses of Koran.;)

It will serve no purpose if I post here 100 articles of Muslims who are against sikhism.Let us make the site more useful for the cause of sikhism.

Is it necessary for you to protect thethread because you yourself are involved in this.Kindly do not write in red.You can simply Send me a mail at my address than to add weight to that you have said.

Also please take the opinion of others before selecing the thread on this site.It is useless to discuss Koran.
I do not like it and do not feel like even discussing it.

Thanks.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Das would like to say that as in Sikh some Sikhs do not behold bigot Sikhs as Sikhs at all,in the same way Fanatics may not beheld as Muslims at all by Some True Muslims.

Say Turky,Azebaizan and other Five Centraal Asian Republic.Some of them have been converting to our faith and Govt of that country has no objection.

As we are sentive to more of negative so se negative side only rahter Darkness overpowers lights say in the case of we see more of Pakis but forget or do not take note of central Asian Muslims.

In Turky Kamal Atta Turk used term Tari for Allah.so much was that libral and still is.There are some minorites to be found there,wold may not know.A faith which behold John,the Baptist as Messiah.

Jul 10, 2006
kds1980 said:
aman veer ji nobody said here that muslims are bad.but we cannot deny islam in its present is preaching hatred towards non muslims.let me show you something from islamic.

friendship & interaction with non-muslims - etailed explanation - Ummah.com
1) Muwalat or Mawadda: This means to have close and intimate relationship and deep love and affection from one’s heart.

This kind of relationship is reserved only for Muslims; hence it will not be permitted for a Muslim to have this type of friendship with non-Muslims. The verses of the Qur’an prohibiting Muslims from having intimate and close friendship with non-Muslims, especially the first verse of Surah al-Mumtahina, is regarding this kind of relationship.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
if educated muslims have this type of attituide then only god knows what type of attituide uneducated muslims have towards non muslims.
Today 03:57 AM

Dear Mr. Aman ji
Thanks a lot for your advise. I do not take this.I have the right to state against the religion that has not much in common .KOran is the Holy book of that religion.Why should I study the book that is based on diffrent philosphy altogether.I would prefer to do My Paath 100 times than to listen to Koran.

I hope this is a forum to discuss sikhism and not to propagate Islamic cult.There are many sites for this.But the sites for sikhism are limited.The Koran's translations are having different meaning about the controversial verses of Koran.;)

It will serve no purpose if I post here 100 articles of Muslims who are against sikhism.Let us make the site more useful for the cause of sikhism.

Is it necessary for you to protect thethread because you yourself are involved in this.Kindly do not write in red.You can simply Send me a mail at my address than to add weight to that you have said.

Also please take the opinion of others before selecing the thread on this site.It is useless to discuss Koran.
I do not like it and do not feel like even discussing it.

Thanks.

As one who was born in a muslim country and seen the fanatisim around, I agree with both "cool_1951" and "kds1980".

A Sikh philosophy site should be promoting SIKHI and discussion's on Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji's gurbani. I dont see much discussion on that here recently.

If someone wants to read books on other religion in their own time, its their prerogative. But letting "S|kh" post his "I reccommend the Quran to all Sikh students" is inviting trouble. If he wants to promote Islam then post that in a muslim site not here. We already have fanatical muslims posting utter nonsence on various Sikh sites inciting hate/anger.

A little disappointed by the admins response.

manmitchera

SPNer
Apr 6, 2006
heres a great research on islam and sources along with each quote:

Answer a few questions:

Wasn't muhammad( be upon him) a paedophile?

Wasn't muhammad(be upon him) a rapist?

Wasn't muhammad(be upon him) a terrorist?

Wasn't muhammad(be upon him) a sex addict?

Didn't muhammad believe in sodomy and promise you young boys along wiv virgins in his self created jannat?

Finally was muhammad the prophet of the true lord? if yes why did he justify paedophilia, sodomy hate, terrorism, taking women as booty in war
He says alcohol is banned for you here coz it's intoxicating but promises 'rivers of wine' coz it won't be intoxicating....i wished

The X-RATED PARADISE OF ISLAM

The X-RATED PARADISE OF ISLAM

In this article I shall describe the Islamic Paradise or Jannat which was invented by Prophet Mohammed to bribe the Arabs into committing hedious crimes by promising them materialistic things which they couldn't obtain in the harsh desert. The paradise contains six important items: beautiful virgins, young boys, water, wine, fruits and wealth.

To prove my point I have taken verses from the Koran and quotes from the Hadiths.

VIRGINS (HOURIS)

Mohammed knew that sex would sell very well among the group of his lecherous followers who were motivated to fight battles by the promise of sex slaves and booty. By constantly emphasizing to his followers that they would get untouched virgins in Paradise, Mohammed is clearly expressing his "high" opinion of the institution of marriage and his fairness to women. Once the followers go to heaven, they can conveniently ditch their wives for the fresher and more pleasurable sexual encounters with 'Houris' (beautiful virgins). Not only that, the poor wives who gave up their virginity for the pleasure of their husbands do not get even one Male Sex Bomb. But wait, Allah is all merciful! He gives the wives the rare honour of watching their husbands deflower those 72 Houris (virgins) and 28 young pre-pubescent boys.

The relevant verses from the Koran are:

Koran 78:31
As for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and high- bosomed virgins for companions: a truly overflowing cup.

Koran 37:40-48
...They will sit with bashful, dark-eyed virgins, as chaste as the sheltered eggs of ostriches.

Koran 44:51-55
...Yes and We shall wed them to dark-eyed houris. (beautiful virgins)

Koran 52:17-20
...They shall recline on couches ranged in rows. To dark-eyed houris (virgins) we shall wed them...

Koran 55:56-57
In them will be bashful virgins neither man nor Jinn will have touched before.Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny ?"

Koran 55:57-58
Virgins as fair as corals and rubies. Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny ?"

Koran 56:7-40
...We created the houris (the beautiful women) and made them virgins, loving companions for those on the right hand.. "

Koran 55:70-77
"In each there shall be virgins chaste and fair... Dark eyed virgins sheltered in their tents whom neither man nor Jin will have touched before..

In the Hadiths, Mohammed goes one step further and expands the promise of virgins to include a free sex market where there is no limit of the number of sexual partners. Women and young boys are on display as if in a fruit market where you can choose the desired ripeness.

Quote from Hadiths

Al Hadis, Vol. 4, p. 172, No. 34
Ali reported that the Apostle of Allah said, "There is in Paradise a market wherein there will be no buying or selling, but will consist of men and women. When a man desires a beauty, he will have intercourse with them."

YOUNG BOYS

Homosexuality was and is widely practised in Islamic conutries. To please the homosexuals among his followers he promised them pre-pubescent boys in Paradise. So after committing plunder, loot, rape and murder in this life, the followers of Islam get "rewarded" by untouched virginal youths who are fresh like pearls.

Koran 52:24
Round about them will serve, to them, boys (handsome) as pearls well-guarded.

Koran 56:17
Round about them will serve boys of perpetual freshness.

Koran 76:19
And round about them will serve boys of perpetual freshness: if thou seest them, thou wouldst think them scattered pearls.

As mentioned in my previous article, famous poets in Arabia glorified homosexuality. As an example I am including a poem in 'Perfumed Garden' by Abu Nuwas:
O the joy of sodomy!
So now be sodomites, you Arabs.
Turn not away from it--
therein is wondrous pleasure.
Take some coy lad with kiss-curls
twisting on his temple
and ride as he stands like some gazelle
standing to her mate.
A lad whom all can see girt with sword
and belt not like your <admin-profanity filter activated> who has
to go veiled.
Make for smooth-faced boys and do your
very best to mount them, for women are
the mounts of the devils

Need I say anything more after this colorful rendition by Abu Nuwas ?

WATER

One of the major problems in the desert of Arabia was shortage of pure water. Mohammed knew very well that to the Arabians, fresh water was an item of luxury. So promising them abundant pure water, river, fountains and springs in paradise would defintely lure them to murder, loot and plunder people of other religions in this life.

Koran 13:35
This is the paradise which the righteous have been promised: it is watered by running streams..

Koran 3:198
As for those that fear their Lord, theirs shall be gardens watered by running streams in which they will abide for ever, and a goodly welcome from God...

Koran 3:136
...These shall be rewarded with forgiveness from their Lord and with gardens watered by running streams, where they shall dwell forever. Blessed is the reward of those who do good works..

Koran 15:45
The righteous (will be) amid gardens and fountains (of clear flowing water)

Koran 22:23
As for those who have faith and who do good work, God will admit them to gardens watered by running streams..

Koran 47:15
Here is a Parable Of the Garden which the righteneous are promised: In it are rivers of water incorruptible;

Koran 55:50-51
In them each will be two springs flowing free; Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny ?

Koran 55:66-67
In them will be Two Springs pouring forth water in continuous abundance:Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny ?

As for the righteous, they shall be lodged in peace together amidst gardens and fountains...

...They shall recline on couches raised on high in the shade of thornless Lote trees and talhs; amidst gushing water...

WINE

Mohammed had to find more selling points besides virgins, young boys and plenty of water. What good would be of Paradise without rivers of wine for his followers? Wine was an extremely precious commodity in the dry deserts of Arabia where it was rare to find vineyards. Mohammed had a problem here- he had to include wine in his 'Paradise-Package' but how could he include it in the list when Allah had declared intoxicants as sinful. The only way to do this was to somehow claim that the wine in the promised Paradise was not intoxicating and therefore not sinful. Never mind the fact that wine by nature contains alcohol which is intoxicating.

Here is a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised. In it are...rivers of wine...

But the true servants of God shall be well provided for,...they shall be served with goblet filled at a gushing fountain, white and delicious to those who drink it. It will neither dull their senses nor befuddle them.

They shall recline on jewelled couches face to face, and there shalt wait on them immortal youths with bowls and ewers and a cup of purest wine:

Koran 83:23-26
The righteous will surely dwell in bliss. Reclining upon soft couches they will gaze around them: and in their faces you shall mark the glow of joy. They shall be given a pure wine to drink, securely sealed, whose very dregs are musk...

FRUITS

So far Mohammed has presented a very appetizing picture of Paradise, but then it struck him that sex is no fun on an empty stomach. Besides that one needs lots of nutrition in order to have the energy to perform with so many Houris and young boys. The prophet was an expert on this subject having honoured every one of his numerous wives and mistresses with a nightly visitation on one single night. Besides the only fruits he had ever gotten to taste in this life was some dates and dry pomegranates. So heaven had to be furbished with an inexhaustible supply of every variety of fruits.

Koran 13:35
This is the paradise which the righteous have been promised.. eternal are its fruits, and eternal are its shades..

But the true servants of God shall be well provided for, festing on fruit and honoured in the gardens of delight...

Koran 43:68-73
...Such will be the garden of which ye are made heirs for your deeds. Ye shall have therein abundance of fruit, from which ye shall have satisfaction.

Here is a Parable Of the Garden which the righteneous are promised: ...In it are rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; And rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; And grace from their Lord..

Koran 55:47-49
Containing all kinds of trees and delights.Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny ?

Koran 55:52-53
In them there will be fruits of every kind, two and two. Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny ?

Koran 55:54-55
...The fruit of the gardens will be near and easy to reach. Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny ?

Koran 55:68-69
In them will be Fruits, And dates and pomegranates: Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny ?

...Secure against all ills, they shall call for every kind of fruit..

They shall recline on jewelled couches face to face, and there shalt wait on them immortal youths with ...fruits of their own choices and flesh of fowls that they relish..

Koran 76:13-21
...Reclining there upon soft couches, they shall feel neither the scorching heat nor the biting cold. Trees will spread their shade around them, and fruits will hang in clusters over them...

But the best was yet to come. The highlight of life in Islamic Pardise is the fact that one doesn't have to go to the toilet. All merciful Allah had miraculously provides a much better system for getting rid of body waste. You simple sweat it out (probably after all that sex or belch after consuming all that fruit and wine)

Quote from the Hadiths:

Sahih Muslim Book 39, Number 6798, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:
I heard Allah's Apostle (pbuh) as saying that the inmates of Paradise would eat and drink but would neither spit, nor pass water, nor void excrement, nor suffer catarrh. It was said: Then, what would happen with food? Thereupon he said: They would belch and sweat (and it would be over with their food), and their sweat would be that of musk and they would glorify and praise Allah as easily as you breathe."

WEALTH

Mohammed wanted to ensure that his followers would not be obsessed with 'worldly things' in this life. So he made sure that they have plenty of worldly things to pursue in heaven.

Koran 22:23
As for those who have faith and who do good work, God will admit them to gardens watered by running streams. They shall be decked with pearls and bracelets of gold, and arrayed in garments of silk.

Koran 43:68-73
Enter ye the Garden, Ye and your wives, in beauty and rejoicing. To them will be passed round, dishes and goblets of gold: there will be there all that soul could desire, all that the eyes could delight in: and ye shall abide there in..

Koran 55:70-77
..They shall recline on green cushions and fine carpets. Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny ?

As for the righteous, they shall be lodged in peace together amidst gardens and fountains, arrayed in rich silks and fine brocade...

Koran 55:54-55
They will recline on carpets, whose inner linings will be of rich brocade...

They shall recline on jewelled couches..

Koran 76:13-21
..They shall be arrayed in garments of fine green silk and rich brocade,and adorned with bracelets of silver..

Mohammed's promise of an Islamic Paradise that glittered with the fulfillment of all sorts of wordly desires and sense enjoyment was nothing but a sinister ploy to recruit those who had no hope or expectation of ever getting these things in their present lives. Knowing that they are assured of such a Paradise simply because they follow Islam, Muslims can go around committing murder, rape plunder and loot. It is the picture of this paradise that has motivated Muslims over the centuries to cut down people of other religions, to desecrate their places of worship and mistreat them in the name of Allah. Even after death, the spritually deprived Prophet of Islam could not see beyond wine, women and food, leave alone exploring spiritual heights of the soul.

whats our thoughts?

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
This is a general philosophy section. Nobody is promoting anything here. Why do you all feel so vlunerable to a single discussion topic amongst thousands... i wonder...

Jul 10, 2006
This is a general philosophy section. Nobody is promoting anything here. Why do you all feel so vlunerable to a single discussion topic amongst thousands... i wonder...

As for me, after reading "manmitchera" post, even if I was feeling vulnerable as you put it (which I wasnt btw), I am grinning now!.:}{}{}::}{}{}::}{}{}:.

As you correctly highlighted, it is after all posted under "general philosophy" section. Oh well!.

Sep 7, 2006
I reccommend the Quran to all Sikh students.

Before you assume that I have converted faiths or have a hidden agenda to destroy sikhi, I would just like to explain my side.

I have no need to convert, as I am not the firmest believer in organized religion, hence why I am a Sikh. There is no "conversion ritual" to enter the faith and the community of its followers.

I treat "holy" books as intelligence, not divine order or necessarily divine truth. That's why I can read the Bible and Koran and just intake the amount of intelligence they hold without becoming a follower of the actual religion. I can read the SGGS and contemplate it rather than just assume its truth.

Even though I am not Khalsa yet, I will only become and be part of the Khalsa Panth.

So, here me out and why I put this strong reccomendation to all Sikh students. And by students, I do not mean Sikh Youth, I mean people who have practiced/read/and actively follow the Sikh religion and Sikh politics.

Islam is the active submission to God. It's a psychological cleansing to eradicate your mind and submit your dues to God.

There is wisdom in those books but it is useless to most. The word of God is useless to one that can only read it and not live it. Islam to me is a powerful religion that is based on a mental strength and submission to God. In that submission it clears the psychological path to the other side of your self. For if there is a hope in you, the dream to do good, to succeed and to prosper, and then it is only logical to assume there is another side. If life struggles to prolong itself and to maintain its existence, then something within you must work towards self annihilation. For all the good in you there must be a part of you that lives in the complacency of failure and works toward negativity. Islam addresses that struggle, it gives people inner strength that have nothing. Being one with God makes those parts of you clearer to see.

As a Sikh growing up, when you see history/Gurus/1984 you are filled with the need to make a change, to progress, and to do good for all. You see the Guru's lifestyle and you want to accomplish what they did, you want to lead, you want tos ucceed and prosper, and help out every human whose suffereing. Then, you face current society, you face your own community whose become so corrupted. This is exactly what I mean by the wars of the mind. One side seeks good, while the other starts to seek self-annlihation. Me, and many sikhs that I've spoken to, have at times become so fed up and sad with the state of the Sikhs, or the future of the Sikhs that they feel they should jus give up. Everyone sees the Sikh identity going away, even as uncles begin to tell you that you dont need kesh anymore, and you see your children may give it away too. So what's the point, if eventually someone will cut it. This is what I mean by self-annlihation. I do not mean suicide, but eradicating your own self, your own culture, and "giving in".

I've only read and understood part of the Quran, but even the little I have, it does help, and I recommend it to all children of the same league as me.

At times, I feel as reading the SGGS it does not factor in the struggle of the mind that I face at times, hence where the Quran can come in as a factor.
What is the post on KORAN DOING ON Sikhs site?:confused: :eek: ;) :}{}{}:

Sep 7, 2006
Remove this Thread from this site .It is simple.OR you better serve at some other site.
WE do not want your services.
Who have given you the right to be judgemental whether I have hatred or love.It is none of your business. Do your business properly and let us do ours.We are to discuss and learn about Sikhi and not your comments.Kindly learn some manners that KORAN must be having for you.

Sep 7, 2006
You should wonder only at what you are doing.Even in the general philosphy section we don't want KORAN to be included.There are many philosphies of Sikhism that are not discussed.Please discuss those.It looks funny to see this topic of post on this site.:}--}: :}8-: :}{}{}: :confused: :}:):

Sep 7, 2006
Admin Note: Please do not pass judgements when you have not studied the other philosophies. Who says Islam is all about hatred or killing? I have some very good muslim friends. Please study before making judgement on others or this site. Please do not advise others on the policies of SPN. Thanks and Regards. Please take no offence.
I simply do not see the reason as to why this topic is being discussed at the site.Need I quote verses of Koran....Do you know what is JEHAD...What is ISLAMIC TERROR.....SUICIDE BOMBERS...........{censored}....FATWA.........................Let me not tell you that it has its origin in KORAN.

You may be having 100 of Muslims as friend.Who is bothered about that?BUT maintain the site with respect to our GURUS and not the ones who KILLED/MURDERED/BUTCHERED OUR GURU JIs.
NO sir, I shall not take this lying down.
The logic is simple and hope your answer should also be clear. I just cannot take it.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM