• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Query

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
I wanted to upload couple of presentations (.pps - power point show)

Is there any provision for doing that ?

If not then i feel there should be one.

Thanks

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
singhbj ji

The powerpoint file type is not supported by the v-Bulletin software as far as I can see. But there is a way to save a ppt file as a pdf file. Then you can attach the pdf file. Let me try this out myself and then give you some better feedback.

One thing to remember. When you attach files you have limited storage for each id or account and it can get used up quickly. So if you want to attach new files you may have to delete older ones to stay within the limit.

Also let me put a note in leaders about powerpoint attachments or maybe even uploads for you.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Just added the functionality of supporting ppt presentations... please check out and let us know. :) Regards.

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Aman Singh ji,

Last night i tried to upload but in vain.

Moreso are .ppt and .pps the same application ?

As the ones i got are .pps.

Anyway thanks for the effort will see if i can find .ppt ones.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Dear Singh bj

I pps is a power point presentation (actually a power point show) created most likely on a MacIntosh Machine.

You can probably pull up the pps on your computer and then Save. Scroll down and look for the ppt formatting option. After you save it, then you should be able to upload it to the forum.

You can send a private message if you need more help.

:)

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Guys,

I have a pps and a ppt version of the attached file. I tried with pps first - it won't upload. The message comes - invalid file.
So I tried the ppt and it got uploaded.

I think pps formats are like copyrights.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
I was able to convert ppt to pps easily but doing the reverse wasn't possible.
So I have both types now.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
NamJap ji

So you are saying that you are OK with the ppt? I think... Let me try to open it.

Yes, it works for me.. but first I have to save it to the desktop.

You know pps files will not open in every computing environment. I can never open them on Windows machines. You are probably right about the copyright.

Singhbj ji -- if you cannot save the pss as a ppt then send it to me as an attachment because I can do that on my iMAC. Go to my visitor's profile and then send me the attachment using my gmail address. It's right there.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM