• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Professor Darshan Singh: RSS Wanted Nanakshai Calendar Changes In 2003

Mar 17, 2005
Toronto
Naranjyot has taken the words out of my mouth. I agree with her 100%.

I would like to add to this topic, During the Fategarh Sahib political stages displayed by the parties in Punjab, the only words out of avtar singh makkar and badals mouth were Congress are sikhs enemies, Congress are sikh enemies. I have heard this argument thousands of times now. Now if congress is sikhs enemies then ok, but what has badal party done that warrents even one vote for sikh community? They go to Sirsa Sadh who has mocked the khanday thee pahul ceremony of the sikhs. The main thing to look at here is they have a direct alliance with the BJP. The BJP and RSS and both brothers and sisters there is no difference. Kanwardeep Singh you had said there is no influence of RSS in India i tend to disagree because the only reason for the badal party to be in power is because of the alliance with the extremist BJP party unless you beg to differ?

BJP/RSS - Against Nanakshahi Calender

= BJP and Badal Political Alliance. For badal to stay in power do what BJP/RSS wants

Badal has control of SGPC. Badal chooses jathedar to do his dirty work.

Their is a direct connection between all of them. BJP/Badal parties need votes to get into parliment and thus will grant the wishes of big group of voters like the Sant Samaj. Sant Samaj says, excommunicate Prof Darshan Singh, Change Nanakshahi Calender and eventually change rehit maryada.

Badal Sarkaar is no different then the Congress Party. Congress party destroyed Sri Akal Takht Sahib, which Badal party is destroying the very foundation of sikh identity from the inside.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
International Akaali ji

I am really very new to these matters, but have been working extra hard to read everything I can about BJP and RSS. And only a few days ago there was a news story about meetings in which BJP was romancing RSS. Whether this was some kind of play acting, how can one know? But it seemed very strange to read about political match-making right in the middle of 4 controversies related to Sikhi.

roab1

SPNer
Jun 30, 2009
Neither is RSS and BJP brother and sister nor are they romancing each other. RSS is parent body of BJP. The BJP president is RSS man. BJP is the political face of RSS. As for congress, well Badal won his first election as a legislator from Congress ticket. He soon realised he won't reach top in congress so slowly took control of Akali Dal and changed it's constituion and became its Master. In the past all Akalis used to fight elections on congress tickets as Akali Dal was only a religious party before Badal changed its constitution to political party. Politics is a dangerous game and Sikhs are paying a price because
1. There is no Unified voice as far as religion is concerned.
2. There is no religious party. Akali Dal was but now it being a political party Sikh institutions are in grave danger.
3. Akali dal has Hindu members too, therefore Akal Takht and SGPC are not under the control of a purely Sikh religious party.

Compare it to RSS and BJP. BJP has members from all walks of life, Hindus, Christians, Muslims, Sikhs. But all control and decision making, regarding Hindutva rests with purely Hindu body, RSS. Now compare with SGPC, a purely Sikh body under the control of a multireligious political party, although Sikhs are a majority in it, whose primary goal is political power and not religious goals.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Kanwardeep Singh you had said there is no influence of RSS in India

I haven't said that there is no influence of RSS in India.The only thing I said that RSS is
is very very weak now.they don't have any charashmatic Young leader.Even at the Peak days of RSS/BJP There best performence was 180 seats out of 540 in 98/99 and that too with a person like Atal bihari vajpayee.Even in Haryana elections Badal preferred INLD over BJP because BJP is powerless in Haryana.The question is why we sikhs are so afraid of RSS?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Kanwardeep Singh Ji,

SIKHS have no choice but to be "laughed" at !!
YES Congress killed/caused thousands to be killed....BUT the BJP distributed LADDOOS..read the Advani Book My country my Life !! SO who should the Delhi Sikhs VOTE FOR ?? Laloo ? Mayawati ?? Does Laloo haev undisguised respect/Love for Sikhs ? Does Mayawati love Sikhs more than anyone else ?? (BTW these two are just names i picked up from a hat...you can name any other leader/s/party/parties that Sikhs can vote for and be NOT LAUGHED AT.

The Laughter is NOT because we are FUNNY..its because in a DEMOCRACY..the BHEDDS..sheep are more valuable due to their NUMBERS..LIONS are LAUGHED AT because when the "Votes" are counted..the Lion gets so FEW that everybody bursts out LAUGHING !!!! sad but a fact of Democracy !!! The Same Bhedds who used to come begging the Lions at MIDNIGHT to go rescue their Daughters form muslim invaders..NOW LAUGH at SARDAR JI BARAAN WAJJ GAYEH !!! AT that time their NUMBERS served for ZERO POWER..and the LION was USEFUL...now its democracy...bheedds have the numbers....thier votes count.."lions" have no value !!

SO YES the SIKHS of DELHI and PUNJAB have to make a difficult choice..either the DEVIL or the SEA....sometimes the DEVIL does get a bit kind in his evil heart...BUT the SEA always remains DEEP !! The Congress Devil did pass water laws to save Punjab..but the SEA has been DROWNING the SIKHS uninterrupted....not a single action of Badal/Bjp has been in favour of SIKHS....not in the last 50 years... The DEVIL demolished the Physicla Akal Takhat (which has been rebuilt and Quite EASILY......BUT the SEA is fast closing OVER the SPIRITUAL AKAL TAKHAT..like the Titanic..that will be an utmost difficult thing to revive it back later ..once the Boa Constrictor swalloes...only a dead body merges after cutting it open...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Kanwardeep singh ji..
You are Referring to the "politcial" RSS as a body/party..thoise that wear Khakhi Nickers and carry trishuls and march or hold yoga camps....etc etc...and those that stand for elections as RSS/Bal Thackery shiv sena etc etc......what I and most others refer to are the "Keshadharee Brahmins"...the RSS Types..the Nirmalas, the Saadhs, the Udasees, the Derawallahs..who wear Kesh/dastaars, carry 3 ft kirpans, etc etc BUT DEEP INSIDE are RSS ideology followers...they do SAFFRONISATION of Sikhism....every which way they drag Sikhi /Gurmatt of Guru ji towards Brahminsim...towards Sangrands and pooransmashis..towards Talls and aartees, towards slaughtering goats and Tilaks of blood..towards shubh dins and ashibh dins, towards jnatars, mantars, towards kullnees, and rashis, towards good luck and tweets, towards avoiding Buree Nazar...etc etc pakhands...they want JYOTS burning in the hazree of Jagdee JYOT SGGS...they want Jagdee Jyot SGGS covered with WARM CLOTHES in Winter and cool airr conditioners in summer...thye wnat teerath baths, hardwaar ashes...they want karva chauth fasts, they wnat diwali lakhshmi poojas..deepmallas in Gurdwaras...they wnat TILAKS on their foreheads from hanuman mandirs befoe they matha tek in Gurdwaras...They wnat to interpret RAAM Krishna in SGGS as the Ramchander of Ayudhia..and Krishan of Bindrabann.....and NOT the Akal Purakh as intended by Guru Ji...you get what is really our concerns about "RSS"...????Its the IDEOLOGY !!! infiltrating and saffronisng Gurmatt and its a FACT..not imaginary at all. Thats is why Diaspora Sikhs are aware...and Indian Sikhs are sleeping...the ENEMY of Gurmatt is WITHIN and its roots are in INDIA...and so all we can do is worry and protest....while Indians chide us as unnecessarily worrying !!l

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM