• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Pray For Peace

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam _/|\_

I ask that all make at least one prayer for peace in the world today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Cz1RJXbpM&feature=colike

Peace before me.
Peace behind me.
Peace above me.
Peace below me.
Peace to my right.
Peace to my left.
Peace to my heart.
Peace to all hearts.
Peace to the world.
Peace to the universe.
Peace.
Peace.
Peace.

Maybe we can make a thread dedicated to peace here?
mundahug peacesignkaur

Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Amen mundahug

I think especially of the raging civil war in Syria which has cost so many innocent human lives and seems to be relentless in its surge. I cast my mind to the people of Israel and Gaza, who have lost loved ones and are fearing for their safety on account of the recent armed conflict in that fraught region of the earth, in which Hamas has fired rockets into Israeli territory and that nation has responded with a series of air raids. I also send my spirit out to consider those suffering in the Congo due to conflict and in innumerable other wars across the planet. May the day come when the dove of peace will alight within the hearts of men and cruelty towards one's brothers and sisters will be no more.

Let us pray also for the minds of human beings, for all those who cannot find peace within themselves and in their lives due to afflictive emotions, depression, hardship, unemployment, bereveament and countless other personal problems. For we all know that every human war stems ultimately from the wars that first rage within the minds of people and that until we have attained psychological peace on the basic level, and in our everyday relations with our friends, family members and work colleagues, we cannot hope to realize peace between the nations based upon that fraternal bond of unity which ties the fates of all mankind together and makes us as One Body, One Spirit, One Soul, One common Essence despite our diversity of races, religions and cultures.

I hold dear to my heart the vision of the Catholic mystic Venerable Bartholomew Holzhauser, who perceived that one day a new mankind would come into existence and all fruitless wars would pass away:

"...A great change will come to pass, such as no mortal man will have expected...a new mankind will come into existence...God possesses the key to everything. Blessed is he who will then be able to praise him, having obeyed all his commandments. And the great monarch of the world will create new laws for the new mankind and will cause a new age to begin, in which there will be only one flock and one shepherd, and peace will be of long, long duration, for the glory of God in heaven and on earth...This will be an age of consolation in which God will console His Spirit of the affliction and the great tribulation of the preceding age. All the nations will be united. The sacerdocy will flower more than ever, and men will seek the kingdom of God in all solicitude... Many saints and doctors will flourish in the earth. Men will love reason and justice. Peace will reign in all the universe, because the divine power will bind evil for many years...It is in that age that the relation of the sixth Spirit of the Lord will be known, that is to say the Spirit of Wisdom that God diffuses over all the surfaces of the globes in those times. For men will fear the Lord their God, they will observe the law and serve it with all their heart. The sciences will be multiplied and complete on the earth...Men will be enlightened, so much as in the natural sciences and in the celestial sciences. Finally, the Sixth Church, the Church of Philadelphia, is the type of this sixth age, for Philadelphia signifies friendship of brothers, and again guarding the heritage in union with the Lord. Now all these characters convene perfectly in the sixth age, in which they will have love, concord and perfect peace and in which the powerful Monarch will have to consider almost the entire world as his heritage. He will deliver up the earth, with the aid of the Lord his God from all his enemies, of ruin and of all evil...All the nations will come and adore the Lord their God...Men will live in peace and this will be granted because people will make their peace with God...man himself will be so astonishingly changed by the hand of God, such that no one can imagine humanity..."

- Venerable Bartholomew Holzhauser (1613-1658), German Catholic mystic & priest

Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom
I offer likewise the words of a great modern mystic and visionary to come from my religious tradition on a future of peace for the human race:

"...There is a future and a goal for the world, ahead of Man:
This future and this goal depends on the union, at once organic and mental, which will establish itself someday on our planet between all individuals, all races, and all nations on Earth...A tendency towards unification is everywhere manifest and especially in the different branches of religion. We are looking for something that will draw us together, below or above the level of that which divides...Not through external pressure but only from an inward impulse can the Unity of Mankind grow and endure...The phrase 'Sense of the Earth' should be understood to mean the passionate concern for our common destiny which draws the thinking part of life ever further onward. The only truly natural and real human unity is the spirit of the Earth...The sense of Earth is the irresistable pressure which will come at the right moment to unite them (humankind) in a common passion. We have reached a crossroads in human evolution where the only road which leads forward is towards a common passion...To continue to place our hopes in a social order achieved by external violence would simply amount to our giving up all hope of carrying the Spirit of the Earth to its limits...The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides, and gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire...Love alone can unite living beings so as to complete and fulfill them...for it alone joins them by what is deepest in themselves. All we need is to imagine our ability to love developing until it embraces the totality of men and the earth...We are all of us together carried in the one world-womb...The age of nations has passed. Now, unless we wish to perish we must shake off our old prejudices and build the earth...It is not our heads or our bodies which we must bring together, but our hearts...Humanity...is building its composite brain beneath our eyes. May it not be that tomorrow, through the logical and biological deepening of the movement drawing it together, it will find its heart, without which the ultimate wholeness of its power of unification can never be achieved?..."

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881 – 1955), French Catholic mystic, scientist & Jesuit priest

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM