• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Yogism Pranayama Yoga

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
Hi, i have curently been on this website for a long time. I have made many posts and answered many questions, but there is one thing i would like to discuss here, and the reason for me discussing this, is that many people might not agree, and might think that swami ramdev ji is just another hindu citizen who wants to make money or fool people about what he does, and make him a leading organisational leader.

So here is my question...

Does pranayama really benefit human kind?
Could it cure diseases if you work hard for it, and control yourself...?
What is sikhs point of view on this?

please discuss...

----------------------------------------

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Hi, i have curently been on this website for a long time. I have made many posts and answered many questions, but there is one thing i would like to discuss here, and the reason for me discussing this, is that many people might not agree, and might think that swami ramdev ji is just another hindu citizen who wants to make money or fool people about what he does, and make him a leading organisational leader.

So here is my question...

Does pranayama really benefit human kind?
Could it cure diseases if you work hard for it, and control yourself...?
What is sikhs point of view on this?

please discuss...

-------

Respected Anoop Ji,

Yoga practice is in vouge these days.
we are becoming more and more health conscious, to keep good health- it is good.

as a nimani sikh i say- do not forget Guru Ji's words while doing any thing-

saas saas simro gobind
simrat saas giraas pooran biswaas keu mano visaareeai jeeo
simro din rain saas giraasa.........

forgive me please

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Friend

Swami Ramdev ji is really amazing !

I have seen many of his prigramme , you get a kind of very positive feel after listening to him .

He teaches Yoga Science which wasnot taught openly( as he claims )

But anyway as yoga is for p=hysical well being and alos this guy talk a lot about spirtuality so I really feel p=ositive about this man

rest god knows better

Jatinder Singh

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
Thanks everyone for joining in, i would just like to say, i love all religions, and most of all hinduism and sikhism. Im not against any religion, but swami ramdev ji, believes in the one all present god, same in sikhism, as in spirituality, god is inside of ourselves..and its all about inner self and inner wisdom. I think, we can become disciplined if we practice healthy spiritual exercises like pranayama, and also take the teachings of the guru granth sahib ji, because no doubt, it is all about being pure and intelligent, and disciplined. I think yoga is a fine art...

Nov 29, 2006
Thanks everyone for joining in, i would just like to say, i love all religions, and most of all hinduism and sikhism. Im not against any religion, but swami ramdev ji, believes in the one all present god, same in sikhism, as in spirituality, god is inside of ourselves..and its all about inner self and inner wisdom. I think, we can become disciplined if we practice healthy spiritual exercises like pranayama, and also take the teachings of the guru granth sahib ji, because no doubt, it is all about being pure and intelligent, and disciplined. I think yoga is a fine art...

Yes good suggestion,
we must be open-minded to these things, but keeping our spirituality with us also .
because spiritual-health is most important,
but to move fast on spiritual path, we also need to do some excercise and pranayama

Thanks,
Vaheguru sabda bhala kare

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM