• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

PM Says He Is Aam Aadmi, Education Vital For Everyone

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
source: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&issueid=44&id=70867&Itemid=1&sectionid=4&secid=

<TABLE id=fullstory border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=contenttitle>PM says he is aam aadmi, education vital for everyone</TD></TR><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR><TR><TD class=byline colSpan=3>PTI</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dateline width="50%">New Delhi, November 14, 2009

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=fullstorytext>Describing himself as "aam aadmi", Prime Minister Manmohan Singh says he has reached the top post because of his education which plays an important role in moulding one's life.

"I am an aam aadmi (common man). If I can become the Prime Minister, then so can you. I came from a very ordinary, lower-middle class family. It is because of my education that I am what I am.

"So I think education has played a very important role in making me what I am," the economist-turned-Prime Minister said during a talk organised by a television news channel with a group of children at his residence on the occasion of Children's Day.

He was asked how an aam aadmi can become a Prime Minister.

Singh was dismissive of the opposition calling him a "weak" Prime Minister.

"It does not make much of a difference to me. I think if I am doing something right, then my conscience will tell me that. To criticise is the opposition's job. I am not afraid of that," he said.

Appearing relaxed, 77-year-old Singh with his wife Gursharan Kaur seated by his side, answered with ease questions from children ranging from Maoists violence, coalition politics, move to abolish tenth board examination, poor students not getting education, his fondness for blue turban and his favourite sweet.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM