• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Plaque From A Friend In India

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
WJKK WJKF,

This was handmade by a friend in Kashmir, carved in solid walnut... since I have been expressing my desire to do Amrit soon, he decided on his own to make this for me! It looks amazing in person! This friend is the one who is planning it for me... Amrit I mean... during my trip this Sept.

Though I do have the translation of the inscription, I was wondering if it was from a shabad that someone could point me to where it's from?

You can see the inscription better in the first pic, but the second pic shows the finish better... how well it looks as a finished piece! It's amazing and I am so thankful to him! I never asked for anything like this, so I am humbled by his generosity!

It's being put on my wall soon!

plaque.jpg
plaque2.jpg

Attachments

• plaque-small-1.jpg
    plaque-small-1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Reads: 329
Last edited by a moderator:

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
The plaque reads "Pivhu Paahul Khandedhaar, Hoye Janam Suhela" ( Consume the Ambroisal Nectar sourced from the Khanda, so that your earthly existence shall be facilitated )

It appears in a Vaar often erroneously attributed to Bhai Gurdas as his 41st Vaar, rejected by all major compilers and scholars of Bhai Gurdas' poetry.

We have a discussion regarding the same here at SPN: www.sikhphilosophy.net/literature/41769-vaaran-bhai-gurdas.html

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
But the sentiment is genuine no?

I understand you're being cautious, but I wouldn't worry about it. It's a nice piece of poetry and reminds you of something very important.

Even if someone was intentionally attempting to deceive you by wrapping his or her subterfuge in their messages to you about the Creator, as long as your heart is pure and your desire for knowing God is genuine, the Truth will prevail. It always has, and it always will. So have no fear.

The story of Bhagat Dhanna Ji and the wily pandit is very apt.

AoG

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The verse concludes with..Waho waho Gobind Singh..Aapeh Gur Chela....
Prasie be to Guru Gobind Singh..Guru and Follower ( at the same time)..reference to Guur Ji initiating the PANJ and then being initiated by the Five in return.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
I understand you're being cautious, but I wouldn't worry about it. It's a nice piece of poetry and reminds you of something very important.

Even if someone was intentionally attempting to deceive you by wrapping his or her subterfuge in their messages to you about the Creator, as long as your heart is pure and your desire for knowing God is genuine, the Truth will prevail. It always has, and it always will. So have no fear.

The story of Bhagat Dhanna Ji and the wily pandit is very apt.

AoG

He would never deceive me... he is a good friend. And he made this especially because I have been asking him about doing Amrit when I come there this Sept. He said my enthusiasm spurred his creativity to make me something... he never told me what it was so I didn't know until I opened the package today. He also designed a folding gutka reel / stand also made of walnut wood and sent me one of those as well.

:)

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
He would never deceive me... he is a good friend. And he made this especially because I have been asking him about doing Amrit when I come there this Sept. He said my enthusiasm spurred his creativity to make me something... he never told me what it was so I didn't know until I opened the package today. He also designed a folding gutka reel / stand also made of walnut wood and sent me one of those as well.

:)

I meant in terms of the author of the writing on the plaque.

AoG

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM