• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Pic Shows Guru Gobind Singh Worshipping Durga

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
I came to found this when i was looking for guru` ji`s photo on google

They have put Guru Gobind singh ji`s photo worshiping Durga

Please click on this link below to see
Google Image Result for http://www.exoticindiaart.com/artimages/wc81.jpg

Otherwise i also Put the image of what i did saw ( shown in red box)
http://stupidjassi.com/image.jpg

It is also written

"The tradition of worshipping the Mother Goddess, in whatever name, thus, has very early beginning. It is believed Rama invoked Devi when he felt that without her blessings he would not be able to eliminate Ravana. Sikhs' tenth Guru Gobind Singh and the great Maratha warrior Shivaji invoked her to assist them in accomplishing their object."

i`m also gonna email the webmaster of the exoticindiaart to remove these kinds of pics and stuff which is anti Sikh.

The Person name is ( Goel, Kapil) his email is kapil@exoticindia.com

Please get together and fight for justice.

Thanks
stupidjassi

Apr 4, 2007
if you "hover" you mouse over the picture in question, the title is "maharaja ranjit singh worshiping devi". so i don't think the picture is supposed to represent Guru ji.

now the part where they state that he "invoked" devi is simply a misunderstanding. Dasam Granth is filled with references to the different aspects of God, one of which is God as sword wielding protector, or devi. i think this is more of a misunderstanding than a depiction of Guru ji doing idol worship.

maybe i'm missing something though? :)

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
if you "hover" you mouse over the picture in question, the title is "maharaja ranjit singh worshiping devi". so i don't think the picture is supposed to represent Guru ji.

now the part where they state that he "invoked" devi is simply a misunderstanding. Dasam Granth is filled with references to the different aspects of God, one of which is God as sword wielding protector, or devi. i think this is more of a misunderstanding than a depiction of Guru ji doing idol worship.

maybe i'm missing something though? :)

Hi Kellyji,
Thanks for noticing the hover part . my bad, i was using firefox ( in which the hover tag was not working) then i checked ie(internet explorer).

anyways back to topic.
Please consider

It is written
"Sikhs' tenth Guru Gobind Singh and the great Maratha warrior
Shivaji invoked her to assist them in accomplishing their object."

1. Definition of invoke

in·voke (ĭn-vōk')
pron.gif

tr.v., -voked, -vok·ing, -vokes.
  1. To call on (a higher power) for assistance, support, or inspiration: “Stretching out her hands she had the air of a Greek woman who invoked a deity” (Ford Madox Ford).
  2. To appeal to or cite in support or justification.
  3. To call for earnestly; solicit: invoked the help of a passing motorist.
  4. To summon with incantations; conjure.
(Source : invoke: Definition, Synonyms and Much More from Answers.com)

An invocation (from the Latin verb invocare "to call on, invoke") may take the form of:
( Wikipedia :Invocation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

So it is completely wrong. As i know guru Gobind singh never invoked ( prayed or called ) durga. And about the picture, I do not think that it does make any sense either for someone to show Ranjit singh worshiping Durga or devi.

kelly ji Beleive it , this is completely anti Sikh material people trying to push into.

stupidjassi

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Stupidjassi ji and Kelley ji

The hover tag does not work in Firefox, that is correct. I tried and failed. However

Before people get excited about the pictures -- they really don't prove anything about anything. The sculptures are obviously very old. Most of the pictures are modern. They are depicting Durga in a number of situations according to the artist's imagination. Some of them are actually nothing more than expressions of someone's personal devotion to Durga.

The idea of a Divine Mother is ancient, ancient, ancient. Found in many cultures and older than Hindu religions. And in SGGS, "mother" is used very frequently -- but is not a reference to a human mother or a Hindu goddess or Divine mother.

Mother is an archetype for something much more significant.

As for Durga, I wish people who get carried away with the Hindu god and goddess content in Dasam Granth would do just a little research on what that is all about instead of becoming drunk with the notion that Hindu gods are being worshiped, and so forth. Or that Gobind Singh was equating Akaal with Krishna, Vishnu, etc. etc. Read a tiny bit of the explanations by reputable Sikh scholars.

This last comment is not directed at stupidassi or Kelley Kaur, but at the inevitable comments that will certainly come next. Please do some research.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
just a quick why were you googling for picture of Guru ji? does a picture become the truth?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
If I google for a picture, all it means is that I am googling for a picture. It doesn't mean anything more than that.

If stupidjassi googles for a picture of Sri Gobind Singh ji, all it means is that he is googling for a picture of Guru Gobind Singh. That is all it means.

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
just a quick why were you googling for picture of Guru ji? does a picture become the truth?

dear , amarsanghera ji,

I was just googling for picture of guru ji coz i wanna put it on my desktop,

and if you are more curious why i want to put it on my desktop, then the further answer is it stop me doing bad things on net ( like googling por* or other stuff and remind me that guru is watching you )

its just my ideology!:}{}{}:

and also aad0002 is abs right!

thanks
stupidjassi

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM