• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Pauri 4 Paudi-4-Jap Ji Sahib Interpretation

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
VaheguruSeekr ji

Please don't think I am being sarcastic when I say what I am about to say. Longitude and latitude as well as time zones change a lot of the common wisdom that circulates about amrit vela. Guru Nanak lived closer to the equator -- where days and nights are equally long for the better part of the year. I have always tried to figure out what the adjustment would be for someone in Norway where there is the Midnight Sun which lasts for weeks. There is no darkness and the sun does not really "rise" because it never completely "sets."

Therein lies the sticky wicket about amrit vela. The idea does not adapt well to real astronomical conditions. Given that -- does it really matter to Waheguru when we recite morning Banis? Waheguru (please for give me Akaal for this) is the Great Energy that designed a world in which days and nights are radically unequal depending on where one is. Sso how could the exact timing of amrit vela be a major consideration. ;) See what I mean? Nor do I think Guru Nanak was a fuss-budget about most things, including this matter of amrit vela.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
VaheguruSeekr ji

Please don't think I am being sarcastic when I say what I am about to say. Longitude and latitude as well as time zones change a lot of the common wisdom that circulates about amrit vela. Guru Nanak lived closer to the equator -- where days and nights are equally long for the better part of the year. I have always tried to figure out what the adjustment would be for someone in Norway where there is the Midnight Sun which lasts for weeks. There is no darkness and the sun does not really "rise" because it never completely "sets."

Therein lies the sticky wicket about amrit vela. The idea does not adapt well to real astronomical conditions. Given that -- does it really matter to Waheguru when we recite morning Banis? Waheguru (please for give me Akaal for this) is the Great Energy that designed a world in which days and nights are radically unequal depending on where one is. Sso how could the exact timing of amrit vela be a major consideration. ;) See what I mean? Nor do I think Guru Nanak was a fuss-budget about most things, including this matter of amrit vela.

Antonia ji,

Guru fateh.

I am sorry if I am not able to express myself properly. First let us define what is Amrit according to SGGS and then you, Pk70 and Lalihayer show me according to Gurmat which is not Amritvela? For example, when we do Rehraas or listen to Shabad Kirtan or do Shabad vichar, is that not Amrit vela? if not, pls tell me why not.

There is a thread on this site in which Amarpal ji & I discussed this in details long time ago. Please look for it and I would request you to re post it. All the interpretators including the scholars who partipicate in here daily misinterpret what Guru Nanak said.

According Amarpal ji, and myself, anytime we have Shabad vichaar it is Amrit Vela.

Amrit Vela= The time for Amrit and what is Amrit... ? Amrit naam nidhaan hai, mil piyvoh Bhai.....

Thanks and regards

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
VaheguruSeekr ji

"I am sorry if I am not able to express myself properly. First let us define what is Amrit according to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and then you, Pk70 and Lalihayer show me according to Gurmat which is not Amritvela? For example, when we do Rehraas or listen to Shabad Kirtan or do Shabad vichar, is that not Amrit vela? if not, pls tell me why not."

I am not sure that we are in disagreement.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I am not sure that we are in disagreement.

Antonia ji,

Guru fateh.

I am glad you agree with me then that Amrit Vela is not strictly early in the morning or the ambrosial hours as it is translated by many, but any time we do Shanad Vichar is Amrit Vela. How can it be not?!:)

Regards

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
VaheguruSeekr ji

Amrit Vela has a literal meaning which is basically the ambrosial hours. It has colloquial meaning -- i.e., early morning before sunrise. And it has the meaning of Guru Nanak, who I am sure did not give a fig for the exact time -- as I said above for a given longitude/latitude. The point that you make is essential. When you "awake" in prayer then that is "Amrit Vela" -- the time when you find the ambrosial sweetness of the Guru.

Nov 16, 2007
VaheguruSeekr ji,
You are right. Every ਵੇਲਾ which has ਸਚੁ ਨਾਉ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ is ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤ. Satguru may or may not be referring to early morning only. It does not make any big difference though.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
SPN Sangat ji
Gurbani is not understood by ones’ own guessing or by trolling, Guru himself clears all concepts. If Gurru Vaak in discussion needs to be understood, read the following Guru Vakas, meaning of amrit Vela will be clearer; we do not need any scholar to figure it out, I only accept what Guru interprets

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇਉਠਿਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ( SGGS 305)
Gur saṯgur kā jo sikẖ akẖā▫e so bẖalke uṯẖ har nām ḏẖi▫āvai.
He, who calls himself a Sikh of the Great True Guru, should rise early and meditate on God's Name.

ਉਦਮੁ ਕਰੇ ਭਲਕੇ ਪਰਭਾਤੀ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ
Uḏam kare bẖalke parbẖāṯī isnān kare amriṯ sar nāvai.
He should make efforts early in the morning take bath and have ablution in the tank of Nectar.
ਫਿਰਿਚੜੈਦਿਵਸੁਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਗਾਵੈ ਬਹਦਿਆ ਉਠਦਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ
Fir cẖaṛai ḏivas gurbāṇī gāvai bahḏi▫ā uṯẖ▫ḏi▫ā har nām ḏẖi▫āvai.
Afterwards at sun rise he sings Gurbani and whilst sitting or standing(means always) he meditates in God's Name.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
SPN Sangat ji
Gurbani is not understood by ones’ own guessing or by trolling, Guru himself clears all concepts. If Gurru Vaak in discussion needs to be understood, read the following Guru Vakas, meaning of amrit Vela will be clearer; we do not need any scholar to figure it out, I only accept what Guru interprets

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇਉਠਿਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ( SGGS 305)
Gur saṯgur kā jo sikẖ akẖā▫e so bẖalke uṯẖ har nām ḏẖi▫āvai.
He, who calls himself a Sikh of the Great True Guru, should rise early and meditate on God's Name.

ਉਦਮੁ ਕਰੇ ਭਲਕੇ ਪਰਭਾਤੀ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ
Uḏam kare bẖalke parbẖāṯī isnān kare amriṯ sar nāvai.
He should make efforts early in the morning take bath and have ablution in the tank of Nectar.
ਫਿਰਿਚੜੈਦਿਵਸੁਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਗਾਵੈ ਬਹਦਿਆ ਉਠਦਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ
Fir cẖaṛai ḏivas gurbāṇī gāvai bahḏi▫ā uṯẖ▫ḏi▫ā har nām ḏẖi▫āvai.
Afterwards at sun rise he sings Gurbani and whilst sitting or standing(means always) he meditates in God's Name.

Pk70 ji,

Guru Fateh.

I am sorry to say you have missed the whole point. Now you are comparing apples with oranges.

The verses you have mentioned have nothing to do with the original point of discussion. I did not find the phrase Amrit Vela in the above Shabad.

Please define Amrit according to SGGS and then respond when is it NOT Amrit Vela ? As you are very aware that SGGS is our only benchmark and the word Amrit is mentioned quite often in it and we should only adhere to how it defines Amrit.And your are right. Someone is guessing here which is not a good thing.

I would also request you to check the other thread where this has been already discussed and comment on it.

Thanks and regards

Tejwant Singh

PS: I am still waiting for your response on the part of Rahao and its importance in the Shabad when one interprets the Shabad.

Nov 16, 2007
Two Tuks we are doing veechar on.
ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਉ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥

One view is that ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ is strictly early morning. pk70 ji gave refrences from Gurbani and proved it convincingly.
Another view is that ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ is anytime when we remember beloved Lord. That too can't be wrong.
Or it could be anytime when we start our day. There could be many workers, particularly in Western Countries, who work odd hours. Taxi workers end their day 8.00 in the morning and start their shift 8.00 in the evening.
Let us not become too literal. Whenever Satguru is saying ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ, he means start of the day. We must start our day with His Naam.
Why Satguru is emphasizing on ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ?
Early morning, most of the civilization is still in bed. It is quiet and free from disturbance. You are fresh. And there is nothing better than starting your day with Almighty.
And yes, that time when we do simran is definitely ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ।

ਕਰਮੀ ਆਵੈ ਕਪੜਾ ਨਦਰੀ ਮੋਖੁ ਦੁਆਰੁ ॥

One view is that ਕਪੜਾ means human body.
ਕਾਇਆ ਕਪੜੁ ਟੁਕੁ ਟੁਕੁ ਹੋਸੀ ਹਿਦੁਸਤਾਨੁ ਸਮਾਲਸੀ ਬੋਲਾ ॥
The body-fabric will be torn apart into shreds, and then India will remember these words.

Another different view is it is robe of His Praise Grace and Glory.
ਸਚੀ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਸਾਲਾਹ ਕਪੜਾ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
He has dressed me in the robes of His True Praise and Glory.

Keywords here are ਕਰਮੀ and ਨਦਰੀ. ਕਪੜਾ literally means our dress or what we wear to cover us. You can think about ਕਪੜਾ as human body or robe of His Praise and Glory within this human body.

Pk70 ji says,"Gurbani is not understood by ones’ own guessing or trolling, Guru himself clears all concepts. If Gurru Vaak in discussion needs to be understood, read the following Guru Vakas, meaning of Amrit Vela will be clearer; we do not need any scholar to figure it out, I only accept what Guru interprets."
Well said pk70 ji. All the concepts are right there and very clear.
But we are learners. We should try not to become scholars. ਹਊਮੈ which comes with being scholar is too much to digest. Let us become better Sikhs of our Guru.
We are doing veechar and there is nothing important than doing veechar for our spiritual advancement. Doing veechar is not different than Simran, as He is the one who we are doing veechar on. Pitfall is when veechar turns into a debate. Debate is vaad (ਵਾਦ) . That is battle of egos. We learners must watch for it.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
VaheguruSeekr ji

Amrit Vela has a literal meaning which is basically the ambrosial hours. It has colloquial meaning -- i.e., early morning before sunrise. And it has the meaning of Guru Nanak, who I am sure did not give a fig for the exact time -- as I said above for a given longitude/latitude. The point that you make is essential. When you "awake" in prayer then that is "Amrit Vela" -- the time when you find the ambrosial sweetness of the Guru.

Antonia ji,

Guru fateh.

My question still needs a response. What is Amrit and When it is NOT Amrit Vela according to SGGS, our only source. I have no idea where the colloquial part came from. Where does Guru Nanak mention that in SGGS?

Regards

Tejwant Singh

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
IThe verses you have mentioned have nothing to do with the original point of discussion. I did not find the word Amrit Vela in the above Shabad. And I will ignore your comment about who is guessing here
am sorry to say you have missed the whole point. Now you are comparing apples with oranges.
Obviously there are some people who fail to see what I see in Guru Vakas, Japji has been interpreted through out Sree Guru Granth Sahib, those who can see the whole Guru Message, can understand why Guru insists on getting up early. If one works at night job, his/her “early rising changes” It’s a concept. It is priority given to Him by Guru Nanak and Fourth Nanak..
I have not seen a single Guru Vaka that indicates that when you contemplate on Lord it it is “amrit vela” in entire Shree Guru Granth Sahib.
I challenge all on this including Amarpal ji to come up with any example, if they do, I will thank them for what I was missing.
The quotes I have given in above post, just interpret “amrit Vela” because that is the priority Guru wants his follower to do, first thing when one wakes up.( here it goes beyond early in the morning restriction to make Guru Instruction applicable to the Guru followers who work at night
Here are a few Guru Vakas that qualify the VELA as good one( but not Amrit )

ਪੰਨਾ 99, ਸਤਰ 10http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=99&punjabi=t&id=3966#l3966
ਧੰਨੁ ਸੁ ਵੇਲਾ ਜਿਤੁ ਮੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਲਿਆ
Ḏẖan so velā ji mai sagur mili▫ā.
Blessed is that time when I meet the True Guru.
Vela qualified as blessed one when Guru is met
ਪੰਨਾ 103, ਸਤਰ 2http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=103&punjabi=t&id=4124#l4124
ਧੰਨੁ ਸੁ ਵੇਲਾ ਜਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਵਤ ਸੁਨਣਾ ਆਏ ਤੇ ਪਰਵਾਨਾ ਜੀਉ
Ḏẖan so velā ji har gāva sunā ā▫e e parvānā jī▫o. ||1||
Blessed is that time when one sings and hears the Lord's Name. Blessed and approved is the coming of such a one. ||1||
Blessed Time when you praise Him
SGGS 115
ਵੇਲਾ ਵਖਤ ਸਭਿ ਸੁਹਾਇਆ
velā vakẖaṯ sabẖ suhā▫i▫ā.
That time, that moment is totally beautiful,
ਜਿਤੁ ਸਚਾ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਇਆ
Jiṯ sacẖā mere man bẖā▫i▫ā.
when the True One becomes pleasing to my mind.
Vela is beautiful

There are numerous examples can be given, no where else Guru ji interprets Vela as Amrit(sweet, ambrosial) when Lord is contemplated or His praises are sung, it can be blessed one, beautiful but not "amrit Vela". I have no time for trolling though

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
IThe verses you have mentioned have nothing to do with the original point of discussion. I did not find the word Amrit Vela in the above Shabad. And I will ignore your comment about who is guessing here
am sorry to say you have missed the whole point. Now you are comparing apples with oranges.
Obviously there are some people who fail to see what I see in Guru Vakas, Japji has been interpreted through out Sree Guru Granth Sahib, those who can see the whole Guru Message, can understand why Guru insists on getting up early. If one works at night job, his/her “early rising changes” It’s a concept. It is priority given to Him by Guru Nanak and Fourth Nanak..
I have not seen a single Guru Vaka that indicates that when you contemplate on Lord it it is “amrit vela” in entire Shree Guru Granth Sahib.
I challenge all on this including Amarpal ji to come up with any example, if they do, I will thank them for what I was missing.
The quotes I have given in above post, just interpret “amrit Vela” because that is the priority Guru wants his follower to do, first thing when one wakes up.( here it goes beyond early in the morning restriction to make Guru Instruction applicable to the Guru followers who work at night
Here are a few Guru Vakas that qualify the VELA as good one( but not Amrit )

ਪੰਨਾ 99, ਸਤਰ 10
ਧੰਨੁ ਸੁਵੇਲਾਜਿਤੁ ਮੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਲਿਆ
Ḏẖan so velā ji mai sagur mili▫ā.
Blessed is that time when I meet the True Guru.
Vela qualified as blessed one when Guru is met
ਪੰਨਾ 103, ਸਤਰ 2
ਧੰਨੁ ਸੁਵੇਲਾਜਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਵਤ ਸੁਨਣਾ ਆਏ ਤੇ ਪਰਵਾਨਾ ਜੀਉ
Ḏẖan so velā ji har gāva sunā ā▫e e parvānā jī▫o. ||1||
Blessed is that time when one sings and hears the Lord's Name. Blessed and approved is the coming of such a one. ||1||
Blessed Time when you praise Him
SGGS 115
ਵੇਲਾ ਵਖਤ ਸਭਿ ਸੁਹਾਇਆ
velā vakẖaṯ sabẖ suhā▫i▫ā.
That time, that moment is totally beautiful,
ਜਿਤੁ ਸਚਾ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਇਆ
Jiṯ sacẖā mere man bẖā▫i▫ā.
when the True One becomes pleasing to my mind.
Vela is beautiful

There are numerous examples can be given, no where else Guru ji interprets Vela as Amrit(sweet, ambrosial) when Lord is contemplated or His praises are sung, it can be blessed one, beautiful but not "amrit Vela". I have no time for trolling though

Pk70 ji,

Guru Fateh.

Here you again distorting what was asked and yes you are trolling , the word you love to use. No one is denying the fact what a Sikh should do when he/she gets up and I repeat that is not the point of discussion here.

Once again, let us get to the original question of mine.

What does Amrit mean according to SGGS and when it is not Vela -time for Amrit ?

Thanks and Regards

Tejwant Singh

Nov 16, 2007
ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਉ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥
Early in the morning meditate upon His true Name and greatness. Contemplate upon His true Name and greatness.

VaheguruSeekr ji is translating ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ as time when we do simran. Although time when we do simran is definitely ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ.
But that is not what Satguru is meant by ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ.
On Panna 734,
ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੈ ਵਤੈ ਕਾ ਬੀਜਿਆ ਭਗਤ ਖਾਇ ਖਰਚਿ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਖੁਟੈ ਨਾਹੀ ॥
In this shabad, it becomes more clear that ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੈ is specific time and if you look at ਵਤੈ ਕਾ ਬੀਜਿਆ , it has to be start of the day.

Next tuk makes it even more clear.
On Panna 1285, ਬਾਬੀਹਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੈ ਬੋਲਿਆ ਤਾਂ ਦਰਿ ਸੁਣੀ ਪੁਕਾਰ ॥

Meditation or Simran is not even mentioned in this tuk (though indirectly Naam Simran is being discussed in this shabad). So ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੈ does not mean 'anytime when we meditate'. Guru Sahib is talking about chirping of rainbird. Chirping of rainbird denotes early morning hours.

It happens with me too:yes:. When I feel lazy, I tend to translate shabads to fit my comfort. ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ here means early morning hours and that is the only meaning it has.
If somebody is more interested, it is called Braham Mahurut in Hindu scriptures and Braham Mahurut is called 'Amrit Vela' by Rishi Sushrut (Ayurveda fame) in Sushrut Samhita. This is what I heard. I never read it and have no plans to read it.

Nov 16, 2007
ਕਰਮੀ ਆਵੈ ਕਪੜਾ ਨਦਰੀ ਮੋਖੁ ਦੁਆਰੁ ॥
By His grace, we got this physical body and by His grace, we will get salvation.

ਕਪੜਾ literally means dress or outwear. But in different shabads, it has different meanings such as
Panna 149, ਸੁਖੁ ਦੁਖੁ ਦੁਇ ਦਰਿ ਕਪੜੇ ਪਹਿਰਹਿ ਜਾਇ ਮਨੁਖ ॥
ਕਪੜਾ here means that pain and pleasure are like two dresses mortals wear.
Panna 723 in Babar bani, ਕਾਇਆ ਕਪੜੁ ਟੁਕੁ ਟੁਕੁ ਹੋਸੀ ਹਿਦੁਸਤਾਨੁ ਸਮਾਲਸੀ ਬੋਲਾ ॥
It says ਕਾਇਆ ਕਪੜੁ, which means that human body is like a dress (for soul).
Panna 470, ਕਪੜੁ ਰੂਪੁ ਸੁਹਾਵਣਾ ਛਡਿ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਜਾਵਣਾ ॥
It means beautiful body we have like a dress (for soul).
Panna 150, ਸਚੀ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਸਾਲਾਹ ਕਪੜਾ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
ਕਪੜਾ here means robes of His True Praise and Glory. (As mentioned by respected pk70 ji).

But why It means physical body in this tuk?

Guru Sahib is talking about His Grace and our final destination. For a jeevatma to reach the final abode, my view is that there are two big steps. First is getting ਮਨੁੱਖਾ ਜਨਮ and second is ਮੋਖ ਦੁਆਰ, and both comes with His Grace.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
VaheguruSeekr ji is translating ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ as time when we do simran. Although time when we do simran is definitely ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ.
Lali Hayer ji,

Guru Fateh.

I never said what you mentioned above. I have no idea why you are distorting what I said. It is sad to notice and bewildering why some people do that. To prove what?

What I said is the following and please respond it to it as I have asked Pk70 ji too.

"What does Amrit mean according to SGGS and when it is not Vela -time for Amrit ? "

Let us be specific then only we can seek the truth not by accusing what has no been said. It does not lead us towards Shabad Vichaar, the word I used in my posts.:)

In the other tuks you have given, for me it does not mean early in the morning either. Rain drops have nothing to do with the morning because it can rain anytime of the day or night.:)

Having said that, if you understand it in a different way, it is ok with me. I have no problem with that. Just respond to the question based on SGGS.

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

Nov 16, 2007
Vaheguruseekr ji asked,
I never said what you mentioned above. I have no idea why you are distorting what I said. It is sad to notice and bewildering why some people do that. To prove what?

Cut and paste from previous posts
Post#42
There is a thread on this site in which Amarpal ji & I discussed this in details long time ago. Please look for it and I would request you to re post it. All the interpretators including the scholars who partipicate in here daily misinterpret what Guru Nanak said.

According Amarpal ji, and myself, anytime we have Shabad vichaar it is Amrit Vela.

Amrit Vela= The time for Amrit and what is Amrit... ? Amrit naam nidhaan hai, mil piyvoh Bhai.....

Post#50
What is Amrit and When it is NOT Amrit Vela according to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our only source.
So didn't you say that every vela when we do vichaar is amrit vela?
Aren't you trying to imply that amrit vela is not early morning but rather it is anytime when we do shabad vichar?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Vaheguruseekr ji asked,

Cut and paste from previous posts
So didn't you say that every vela when we do vichaar is amrit vela?
Aren't you trying to imply that amrit vela is not early morning but rather it is anytime when we do shabad vichar?

Lali hayer ji,

Guru Fateh.

You are again distorting things. I did not say Amrit Velas is NOT early in the morning.Yes, I did say that any time we do Shabad vichaar is Amrit Vela, which may include early in the morning,obviously, but not strictly early in the morning as you understand it..( I never used the word Simran which many claim is just repeating ). I did not say what you claimed in your post. Please re read what you wrote.

Now I am waiting for the response to my question.:)

Tejwant Singh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

1.ਸਾਚਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਾਚੁ ਨਾਇ ਭਾਖਿਆ ਭਾਉ ਅਪਾਰੁ
2.ਆਖਹਿ ਮੰਗਹਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਦਾਤਿ ਕਰੇ ਦਾਤਾਰੁ
Akiye Request
Mangihe. Beg
Dehi. To give
Deh . Form as human desires for human form
Dat. Gift
Kare. Given
Dataar. By Giver Nature

3.ਫੇਰਿ ਕਿ ਅਗੈ ਰਖੀਐ ਜਿਤੁ ਦਿਸੈ ਦਰਬਾਰੁ

Pher. Than
Ki Agey Rakhiye. What to offer
Jit . Who
Dise. Realise
Darbar. System of Nature within Self.

4.ਮੁਹੌ ਕਿ ਬੋਲਣੁ ਬੋਲੀਐ ਜਿਤੁ ਸੁਣਿ ਧਰੇ ਪਿਆਰੁ
To converse with love

5.ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਉ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ
Amrit Vela .when one connects with immortal learning
Sach Nao. TRUTH are Words of Gurus Bani
Vadhiai Vichar .Which has praise of Praise worthy Nature

6.ਕਰਮੀ ਆਵੈ ਕਪੜਾ ਨਦਰੀ ਮੋਖੁ ਦੁਆਰੁ

After many life forms, human form is there, and one takes birth in human form, but humans are not libeeated from animal instincts.

But with blessing from Nature one can be liberated from animal instincts.

7.ਨਾਨਕ ਏਵੈ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਸਭੁ ਆਪੇ ਸਚਿਆਰੁ

Nanak Says Nanak

Understand like this,
that it is with blessing of Nature, as stated above,
but through self awareness,and with understanding of OWN self

Waheguru Ki Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akal,

2.ਆਖਹਿ ਮੰਗਹਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਦਾਤਿ ਕਰੇ ਦਾਤਾਰੁ
Akiye Request
Mangihe. Beg
Dehi. To give
Deh . Form as human desires for human form
Dat. Gift
Kare. Given
Dataar. By Giver Nature

Bioligist can understand this

For eg. There are millions of sperms to mature egg, and only ONE matures egg.

In that invisible stage before birth, child selects mother, to get birth in human form.

When child grows adult, one must be aware, it was child, who has chosen that womb, to get birth in human form.

The parents get abused, as the child grows adult, as learning of TRUTH of Nature is missing from our life curriculum.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

ਕਰਮੀ ਆਵੈ ਕਪੜਾ ਨਦਰੀ ਮੋਖੁ ਦੁਆਰੁ

Karmi Effort and Blessing

Humans can do effort for desired work. (Effort)
But results or fruit belong to Nature. (Blessing)

Like Suniye has process or way

To receive vibration accept save and actualise is effective listening.

So Karam Has effort and blessing both. Effort belongs to self but results are blessing which involves Nature and its Truth.

6.ਕਰਮੀ ਆਵੈ ਕਪੜਾ
With effort and blessing one gets human form.

And further with effort (ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਉ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ) and blessing

Door of salvation old practice ie new thought liberation from paap ie kaam krodh lob moh ahankaar was also found within)

Nanak says but to get fruits of TRUTHFUL, it can only through self effort of Getting Awareness of Truth acceptance practice and blessing of Nature.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM