• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Learn Punjabi Panjabi Alphabet Resource

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Sangat Ji

I remember using this resource as a child. Does anyone have anything similar?

Basically it was a sheet of paper with the Gurmukhi alphabet on it but underneath every line was a space for people to copy what was above. The letters were usually written by hand (as opposed to computer generated) and sometimes had arrows showing the direction in which the pen should go.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Dalsingh ji

I am going to tak a wild guess and say that respected forum member singhbj ji knows exactly where to find something like this.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Dalsingh ji

I will look at all of Singhbj's posts and find the one that he posted a while back that was great for kids and for adults going through a second childhood

:):):):)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Dalsingh ji

This is it!

http://www.sikhism.us/sikh-sikhi-sikhism/21945-gurmukhi-primer.html

I wonder if there is a way to copy just the post that is thread starter into this thread. Will see if it is possible. Or if not, maybe singhbj would not object if we merged that thread into this thread.

You might also consider creating a collection of alphabet learning aids here. There is another one posted by another member. I will try to find it.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Thank you Narayanjot. You're an angel!

Here is my own humble submission....lol

I noticed I could not, for the life of me, find something to actually help kids write the alphabet. So I made this (in about 2 minutes.) People can clearly see the letters and copy them underneath (between the lines.)

After doing this so many times, the next step would be to try and write the whole alphabet from memory.

This is a handwriting exercise for beginners.

Erm, it's very err....basic.....::cool::

Attachments

• 40d1216569507-panjabi-alphabet-resource-alphabet-practice.jpg
    40d1216569507-panjabi-alphabet-resource-alphabet-practice.jpg
    142.3 KB · Reads: 260
Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM