• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Pamphlet - Intro To Sikhi

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Can anyone recommend a good Intro to Sikhi pamphlet?

I've done some searching and of all the ones I've found so far, none of them quite hit the mark for me. That is to say, I probably wouldn't give any of them to my colleagues.

I'm thinking about putting the text for one together myself, but just want to check in case I've missed one that's really good.

Thanks

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: Pamphlet Intro to Sikhi

Your idea of creating one yourself is the best idea. I have a drawer full of similar booklets and pamphlets from gurdwara and they are all very limited. What is on the net is often misleading. After you understand One God, No caste system, Equality of women, 10 Gurus and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as the final guru, and some brief historical notes, that is that. You might even want to take a look at what we have in New to Sikhi to get an outline together. It is a great idea to do it from a convert's point of view because you have a good sense of what questions are going to be asked, and why some answers are truly perplexing.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Thanks Aristotle ji. That pamphlet is really good, however I'm not sure about some of the terminology: 'The Sikh Gurus were prophets...' and 'The Guru Granth Sahib is a collection of revelations...'. It's probably written to be understood by it's target audience which we can presume is Abrahamic.

Happily it refers to khande di pahul as 'initiation' and not 'baptism'. I really like the layout and content, broadly. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: