• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Open Yourself To Waheguru Ji !

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
2831505757_fb47db7be4.jpg

ਜੈਸੇ ਜਲ ਮਹਿ ਕਮਲੁ ਨਿਰਾਲਮੁ ਮੁਰਗਾਈ ਨੈ ਸਾਣੇ ॥ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਭਵ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਤਰੀਐ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਖਾਣੇ ॥ ਰਹਹਿ ਇਕਾਂਤਿ ਏਕੋ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਿਆ ਆਸਾ ਮਾਹਿ ਨਿਰਾਸੋ ॥ ਅਗਮੁ ਅਗੋਚਰੁ ਦੇਖਿ ਦਿਖਾਏ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤਾ ਕਾ ਦਾਸੋ ॥੫॥:

Jaise jal mahi kamal niraalam muragaaee nai saane. Surti sabadi bhav saagar tareeai Nanak naam vakhaane. Rahahi ekaanti eko mani vasiaa aasaa maahi niraaso. Agam agochar dekhi dikhaae Nanak taa kaa daaso ||5||:

The lotus flower floats untouched upon the surface of the water (ਪਾਣੀ ਨਾਲੋਂ ਨਿਰਾਲਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ), and the duck swims through the stream (i.e., without getting feathers wet - ਭਾਵ, ਉਸ ਦੇ ਖੰਭ ਪਾਣੀ ਨਾਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਭਿੱਜਦੇ); (similarly) says Nanak, meditating on the Lord's Name with the consciousness focused on the Shabd (ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਜੋੜ ਕੇ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਿਆਂ ), one crosses over the terrifying world-ocean. One who enshrines the One Lord in his mind, remains unaffected by hope in the midst of hope (worldly desires), he lives isolated (ਇਕਾਂਤ i.e., while living in the world -in the midst of Maya - he remains uneffected by it). And the one who sees himself and inspires others to see the inaccessible and unfathomable Lord, says Nanak, I am his slave ||5|| (sggs 938).

THE SIKH WAY = SEVA + SIMRAN + SANGAT !

"Open yourself to Waheguru Ji: Just as we need to plug a light into electricity to receive its power, we need to plug into Waheguru Ji to receive enlightenment !"

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM