• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

One Infinite Creator In Sikhism, What Does It Mean?

Your link to one infinite Creator, what is the search directed at?

• I am looking for and believe in one infinite Creator as being some specific form.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I am trying and want to get in touch with one infinite Creator.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I want to fully understand all about one infinite Creator.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I live with the ever increasing understanding of one infinite Creator.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Not Sure...

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Aug 28, 2010
to understand the gurbani words better I look at the gurbani grammer by Principal Sahib Singh whose translation is regarded as the best so far. he does explain the difference in meaning of a word that has just 2 muktas,i.e. mn (mind) mnu or min. They all indicate towards mind but are used as of mind, in mind oe for mind etc. For clear interpretations see gurbani grammer by sahib singh

This is very appreciable point of consideration in interpretation of Gurbanee many of us do not give any significance to this.
Still most significant consideration should be given to the words with matra of Aukad and Dulaikad on Gurbanee words.These are most neglected matras but one can find them most useful in correct interpretation of Gurbanee.
I hope you would give your attention to the words with matra of Aukad and Dulaikad.and interprate the reference meanings accordingly.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Oct 29, 2010
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Dear gurugranthjifollower,
As this was not the place for sharing information on Gurbani Grammar the subject moved to http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/17943-gurbani-vichaar-5.html I found the Gurbani Viaykarn by Prof. Sahib Singh on the net. However if one googles “Gurbani Viakaran by Prof. Sahib Singh” one site is at www.scribd... (I dare not put the link here as it is unfriendly and it tends to add pop ups and needs constant cleaning of the cookies to keep the computer sane - so please be careful).
It has a PDF copy of his book but with some critical pages missing. It has been useful to differentiate words ending with ‘w I i u y’. These are basically related to nouns and there are 8 cases to consider.
As Prof. explains most of these words are derived from Sanskrit, Prakrit and other languages some of the words changed into short forms and even the endings. So along with ‘aunker u’ a number of words changed the endings as example below:
Page 77 explains - ( u ijdW nwmu = nwm nUM[) On page 79 he explains the similar meanings by word endings e.g. duDih = duD nUM, Ksmih = Ksm nUM[
The book has a lot of background on the development of Gurmukhi from Sanskrit and Prakrit etc. to language used in Granth Sahib.
It needs a hard copy to make best of Prof. Sahib Singh’s recorded knowledge. Hard copies seem to be difficult to get hold of as per my experience.

Aug 28, 2010
Dear gurugranthjifollower,
As this was not the place for sharing information on Gurbani Grammar the subject moved to http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/17943-gurbani-vichaar-5.html I found the Gurbani Viaykarn by Prof. Sahib Singh on the net. However if one googles “Gurbani Viakaran by Prof. Sahib Singh” one site is at www.scribd... (I dare not put the link here as it is unfriendly and it tends to add pop ups and needs constant cleaning of the cookies to keep the computer sane - so please be careful).
It has a PDF copy of his book but with some critical pages missing. It has been useful to differentiate words ending with ‘w I i u y’. These are basically related to nouns and there are 8 cases to consider.
As Prof. explains most of these words are derived from Sanskrit, Prakrit and other languages some of the words changed into short forms and even the endings. So along with ‘aunker u’ a number of words changed the endings as example below:
Page 77 explains - ( u ijdW nwmu = nwm nUM[) On page 79 he explains the similar meanings by word endings e.g. duDih = duD nUM, Ksmih = Ksm nUM[
The book has a lot of background on the development of Gurmukhi from Sanskrit and Prakrit etc. to language used in Granth Sahib.
It needs a hard copy to make best of Prof. Sahib Singh’s recorded knowledge. Hard copies seem to be difficult to get hold of as per my experience.

There is another set of books as"Gurbanee da saral viyakaran Bodh" by Joginder Singh Talwara. One should also refer to these for getting more clear understanding of application of grammar in Gurbanee.

I am greatly surprised by one thing in all these books that the grammar of matras Aukad is considered but that of matra of Dulaikad is omitted without any reason.Whereas I found that the matra of Gulaikad is most important to understand along with the use of matra of Aukad.
This is just my own observation in these books.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Oct 29, 2010
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Dear prakash.s.bagga Ji,
It is easier to understand and contribute with examples. “matra of Dulaikad is omitted without any reason. Whereas I found that the matra of Gulaikad is most important” I guess ‘Gulaikad’ is the same as ‘Dulaikad’ and means ‘ U’?
If that is so only example I could find easily were:
‘gur = igAwn dwqw, guru vwlw’
‘guru = mq dw clwx vwlw’
‘gurU = guru dw gurU’
‘swD = swDU, sMq’
‘swDu = sMq jn, swDy hoey, mWx vwlw@
‘swDU = auh mnuK ijs ny Awp nMU swD ilAw hovY’
Both are nouns but there may not be a set pattern that may be ascribed.
You may have more pertinent words that may be worthy of attention.

Aug 28, 2010
Dear prakash.s.bagga Ji,
It is easier to understand and contribute with examples. “matra of Dulaikad is omitted without any reason. Whereas I found that the matra of Gulaikad is most important” I guess ‘Gulaikad’ is the same as ‘Dulaikad’ and means ‘ U’?
‘guru = mq dw clwx vwlw’
‘gurU = guru dw gurU’
‘swD = swDU, sMq’

You can see message #23 where I have presented the classification of words according to matra of Aukad and Dulaikad as per Numbers these words represent.
Further you should also keep in mind that the Words are also classified according to GENDER as Masculine/Feminine and Neutral .

We can find use of the words in Gurbanee according to Gender as well as According to Numbers depending upon the context of application.

The application of the words is according to Genders for reference to person/persons otherwise the application is as per Numbers.

Prakash.s.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
Dear prakash.s.bagga Ji,
‘guru = mq dw clwx vwlw’
‘gurU = guru dw gurU’
‘swD = swDU, sMq’

You are right but what do you think about the reference meanings of these three words.? Do these words convey the same reference meanings or different.?
Prakash.s.Bagga

Oct 29, 2010
prakash.s.bagga Ji,
Please add some informative content so we can share learning. I am not sure that what I said is what you understand and vice versa. An answer with some content may be helpful.
I will move to the other site as per Ambarsaria Ji link to add more content.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM