• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General On A Scale Of Most Severe, Which Vice Affects You The Most?

On a scale of dominating ones, which vices affect you the most and Explain Why? You can make multipl

• Total voters

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
For me, hands down, it's ego. The others I can sort of keep under control.:coffeekaur:

*ego sniggers* "Aren't we proud that we can keep the others under control? Who do you think you're kidding?"

Oops.:kudiblushes::kudifacepalm:

I agree with Harkiran Kaur. Each contains the seeds of the others. It's a losing battle.

*sigh* The important thing is to keep fighting. whether you ever win or not isn't important. The fight for improvement is what matters most.:angrysingh::kudiswordfight:

See. Inderjeet Kaur is a fool with a big ego who can even be egotistical about admitting it. Oh-my-goodness-gracious! (That should get past the censor.) The more I go on, the more I get tangled up in my words. Harry! Help! I need your help!:confusedkudi:

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Gurfatehji

In a recent thread, the concept arose of facets of the Creator that had always been inside us, from birth to present day.

By the same token, I think one or more of the five thieves have also been inside us, from birth to present day, I think we all got something good and something not so good.

I got lust, what did you get?

You didn't get anything. Maya is human inadequacies.

It's our choice to indulge in it.

Its the concept of falling into the well of desire, a well that greed/ anger/ lust / ego / attachment digs with you in the middle of it.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
You didn't get anything. Maya is human inadequacies.

It's our choice to indulge in it.

Its the concept of falling into the well of desire, a well that greed/ anger/ lust / ego / attachment digs with you in the middle of it.

ah yes, but we all seem to get different wells, regardless of our choice to indulge in it, and also, the calling, the singing, seems to vary, let us not confuse those that cannot hear the song of the blue moonlight, with those of superior discipline

its easy not to each chocolate if you don't like it

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
ah yes, but we all seem to get different wells, regardless of our choice to indulge in it, and also, the calling, the singing, seems to vary, let us not confuse those that cannot hear the song of the blue moonlight, with those of superior discipline

Yea it's in more than one form, but we build it. We choose to build it around us through desire.

Some choose to indulge more in anger, some in lust, others in attachment.. Others choose to bury themselves in envy. But they're all connected.

When we dig a small well of discomfort for ourselves, it doesn’t take long to dig just a little more... Until you're 1000ft down and have regressed to a lower state of consciousness.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016

We all know the deal, we all know of God, we have all experienced God and experience him daily, present moment included.

We all have a choice as to whether we beat each other in anger, if we stay attached to toxicity, sleep around meaninglessly in lust, steal off others etc.

We humans are supposed to take responsibity for our own actions, not blame them on something or someone else. Maya is our own inadequacies.

Deeming someone to be more spiritually advanced than another is no excuse to be an Assh*le

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
according to sggs, duality is no 1 , slander is no 2. all others come under human code of conduct or religious practices

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
according to sggs, duality is no 1 , slander is no 2. all others come under human code of conduct or religious practices

Alot of people don't care about nindya.

I have literally met 100s of 'religious' people who indulge in a massive amount of nindya daily..

Like literally they'll come from their religious temples and just go at it nonstop.. It's really strange

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Theese are vices when combined with negativity, have a neutral role also. To balance the positive states causing these vices.

For balancing positive and neutralizing negativity of mind due to positive situation these negative e play a neutralizing role and in many other situations it make a neutralizing role.

From positive to zero or negative to zero its neutral state.

Suniye dukh paap Ka naas
Naas (Bringing to zero state) ie neutralizing.

When one score 10 of 10 there is arrogance of intellect as of positive virtue, if one has got 10 than many other virtues get zero like social virtues or serving virtue, as child has concentrated only on intellect.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

In situations all five have impacted and was spared by none, and dominated mind in there own way.

And still it's there but focus has changed

And greed is for awaress of each and every shabad, and daily there is thirst on each day.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM