• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Legal NRIs Will Soon Be Able To File RTI Applications Online

Jan 1, 2010
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; ch{censored}t=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> http://www.governan cenow.com/ gov-next/ rti/rti-facility -nris-soon

<!--[endif]-->
NRIs will soon be able to file RTI applications online by depositing a fee of Rs 10 in the nearest Indian mission.

The ministry of overseas Indian affairs (MOIA) has asked the government to make appropriate arrangements for the same.

“In the absence of appropriate arrangement, the NRIs are finding it difficult to deposit the fees for seeking information from various ministries/ departments,” the MOIA said in a letter to the ministry of external affairs and department of personnel and training - RTI's parent body.

MOIA has created a link on its website to receive RTI applications. On receipt, the application will be transferred to the government office it concerns, located anywhere in India.

Delhi based RTI activist Commodore (Rtd) Lokesh Batra had filed a complaint with the CIC regarding the problems faced by the NRIs in filing RTI applications.

“There is no mechanism of paying fee. They have to ask someone living in India, to file the application on their behalf,” said Batra.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; ch{censored}t=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/03/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyText, li.MsoBodyText, div.MsoBodyText {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:14.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Rajneesh Madhok

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 30, 2010
Ha Ha Ha.

Go and ask NRI Sikhs in Italy how they are treated by these missions there..This is just an example ,dont know about other countries.To hell with these missions and RAW agents in them.

Oct 21, 2009
India
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; ch{censored}t=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> http://www.governan cenow.com/ gov-next/ rti/rti-facility -nris-soon

<!--[endif]-->
NRIs will soon be able to file RTI applications online by depositing a fee of Rs 10 in the nearest Indian mission.

The ministry of overseas Indian affairs (MOIA) has asked the government to make appropriate arrangements for the same.

“In the absence of appropriate arrangement, the NRIs are finding it difficult to deposit the fees for seeking information from various ministries/ departments,” the MOIA said in a letter to the ministry of external affairs and department of personnel and training - RTI's parent body.

MOIA has created a link on its website to receive RTI applications. On receipt, the application will be transferred to the government office it concerns, located anywhere in India.

Delhi based RTI activist Commodore (Rtd) Lokesh Batra had filed a complaint with the CIC regarding the problems faced by the NRIs in filing RTI applications.

“There is no mechanism of paying fee. They have to ask someone living in India, to file the application on their behalf,” said Batra.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; ch{censored}t=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/03/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyText, li.MsoBodyText, div.MsoBodyText {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:14.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Rajneesh Madhok

Thank you Rajneesh ji for this update.It will be very handy for NRIs and all those who want to have information about the Ministries and other government offices.I think it shall be utilized by the immigrants and those interested in investing in India on long term basis. We have many countries who want to invest in India through FDI routes.
I think the matter regarding the payment of fees etc, should be simplified.

Jan 1, 2010
Ha Ha Ha.

Go and ask NRI Sikhs in Italy how they are treated by these missions there..This is just an example ,dont know about other countries.To hell with these missions and RAW agents in them.
I hope Mr. Kee jaana mein kaun ji, you don't know about the alphabet of RTI. What is RTI and how it is applicable. RTI is Right to information Act which is applicable to the offices (Public Authority)---Government offices. That any NRI person who wants to get the information regarding his application, complaint and action taken report for the application filed in the Government offices in India he can seek information by filing application under Right to Information Act, 2005. Kindly go through the Right to Information Act, 2005 and then reply to my matter.
Rajneesh
Quote: Originally posted by twinkle:
Thank you Rajneesh ji for this update.It will be very handy for NRIs and all those who want to have information about the Ministries and other government offices.I think it shall be utilized by the immigrants and those interested in investing in India on long term basis. We have many countries who want to invest in India through FDI routes.
I think the matter regarding the payment of fees etc, should be simplified.
Twinkleji,
Really it is a nice decision taken by the Government. I hope there will be a simpler way out. Yeah many countries and the people of advanced countries used to make investment in India and they find it quite difficult how to do the paper work. By filing the application under RTI they would be having the beforehand knowledge about the procedure and if there is a delay in moving of their file they will be able to track the record by filing application and seeking Action taken report on the application filed earlier.
Secondly there are so many problems related to properties lying in courts, police stations and other Government offices, like Passport office and Immigration offices related to NRIs. Now they will be able to get information from those offices quickly and easily by filing application with the meagre amount of Rs. 10/- only.

Rajneesh Madhok

Twinkleji,
Further to my post to make it easy for Non- Resdient Indian to file RTI (Right to information) applications, the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs has asked government departments to provide a link on their websites for receiving online applicatins and appeals. The ministry has written to Department of personnel and training the nodal department for RTI affairs and Ministry of External affairs to make guidelines in this regard and make necesary changes in the Act. its website has a link facilitating reception of online applications.
Main Points of consideration:
According to the proposal mooted by the minostry, an NRI will now be able to deposit Rs 10 as RTI fee in the equivalent local currency at the indian Mission abroad and send their application through email to the concerned public information officer informaing about deposit of fee.
"NRIs are entitled to seek information from Ministeries/ Departments of Government of India/ States under the RTI ACt. In the absence of appropriate arrangement of deposit of requsite fee, they are finding it difficult to seek information, ----G Gurucharan, Joint Secretary at the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs wrote to DOPT.

Friends,
Now the NRIs will work with the people of India and so they will be helpful to fight corruption, with this effort the queries regarding equity and food security will be put to the Indian Govt. departments. It is a matter of great happiness that the NRIs will be able to get information and the officials will be checked for their queries like National Rural Employment Gurantee Act, which is in practice under Rural Development Schemes, information regarding various Govt. projects of civic bodies their monitoring activities, audit results of various departments will be available with the expenditure of Rs 10/- only for NRIs.
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on NRIs and furnish applications for the transparency in Govt departments and unearth corruption.
Rajneesh madhok

Jan 30, 2010
Mr Rajneesh Madhok,

I know very well what RTI means.

My point is if Sikhs and Punjabis are treated with suspicion then how can they seek info under RTI ?

If you are working in one of these RTI departments or know any such person then please get us the list of Sikhs "black listed" by GOI.

There have been numerous instances where NRI Sikhs have been arrested on arrival in India or sent back without assigning any reason.Not long ago a 2 year old Sikh baby from New Zealand was sent back from Delhi airport.

For Sikhs the various schemes you have mentioned mean nothing.

You will not understand the situation till you are Sikh.

Jan 1, 2010
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; ch{censored}t=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:0in 1.25in 0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Dear Kee Jana Mein Kaun,
Regard,
This is a very sharp tool in the hands of the public. Just make a use of it. You will certainly feel that it has solved the purpose which you could not solve with much efforts.
I am providing you the details of a PIO who has been harassed by an applicant and who don’t find way out how to cope with the situation.
Kindly go through the post and decide to file an application with regard to your queries. Then see how the officials dance at your tune.
Regards,
Rajneesh Madhok
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
Rajneeshji,
I am the PIO of my Institution (this is a govt. educational institution). At the outset, let me tell you proudly that I am a full supporter of the act. My office gives detaled answers to all queries under RTI act 2005. I was appreciated by FAA and others as the best answering PIO in the whole establishment. And for all your information I am not corrupt and also there is no corruption in my office.

I would like to seek the attention of all interesting members to the following:

The owner of the neighbouring land property of my Institution once complained to me that a branch of a tree from the institutional premises is growing over his house and that has to be cut. But on my enquiry, there was not much fact in his complaint So I rejected his demand.

Then onwards, he started sending at least 20 questions every month under RTI act to me. I have got almost 120 questions (in 5 months time as 6 sets)so far. And I answered all questions in a fair way.

I do everything possible to support RTI and the act is now used as a revenge against me for not allowing to cut a branch of tree. And my decision on that was 100% agreeing with the govt. rules on cutting of branches/trees in govt. lands, etc.

Moreover, now he started asking ridiculous questions. As examples, he asked: 1. How many tiles are there in the roof of my institution (this is an old tile-roofed building). 2. How many windows, doors, latches, files, paper clips, pins, stapler pins,etc. in my institution?
I replied such questions saying that there is no documental record for such things kept in my office. So he approached the appelate authority and the FAAappraised my replies and rejected the appeal. He might be approaching the State commission too.

Recently this person, started putting baseless allegations and asks me to explain and clarify those never-happened things. Many allegations are defaming to the Institution too. For example one of his questions read like this: "A boy and a girl was caught by you for some illegal affair in the varanda of the Institution, one year back. What action you took in the matter? It is heard that you support them since the girl is beautiful... Explain." I must tell you that there was not even a single incident even similar to this in the history of the Institution. The question defames not only the Institution but also personally me too.

I seek help from you members in the matter with reference to the following:

1. Should query on mere allegations are to be answered under RTIact?

2. Does the act demands clarifications and explanations to be given for some official actions of the authorities? (There may some times be no standing orders for many day today things in offices. So the officers use their discretory powers and common sense to take actions.)

3. Are there any provisions in the act, to restrict applicants from defaming the officers and the Institution by raising false allegations?

4. How the problem of a series of questions every month by one applicant through out the year can be tackled?

Please help me. Because this type of misuse will eventually kill the purpose of the act. And for me, it is like quetsioning my morale.
Thank you
Dr. Prince<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM