• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Nitnem

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
I'm having issues with Nitnem... it seems some of the banis are supposed to be for internal peace and others for external armour for the day.

The way it seems:
-Japji Sahib (Internal)
-Jaap Sahib (External)
-Savaiye (External)
-Chaupi Sahib (External)
-Anand Sahib (Internal)

How is the order of Nitnem compiled b/c I feel a little schizo going from Chaupi Sahib and asking for protection from enemies, to Anand Sahib, where it becomes totally internal and about my own body and purpose of being here.

What are your thoughts on the order of Nitnem?

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
When preparing to go out to bat, Sachin would listen to instructions from captain and coach about how to handle the situation. Then he would pad up. Before stepping into the field, he would once remember God. So its internal, external and then internal.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
For Me its INTERNAL....INTERNAL and INTERNAL. PERIOD.
The FIVE THIEVES..the MAHABALEES..the Strong warriors are INSIDE ME..and I cna TIE then down(Badheh) by the GURUS THAPPRRA on My Kaand back...I stand on the battlefield READY to defeat them.....its a DAILY Battle...and its ALL INTERNAL.
My "external" hands will NOT take a Bribe..IF MY "INTERNAL" mind tells them NOT to..My EXTERNAL EYES wont look at a woman with LUST..if My INTERNAL MIND warns them NOT to...simple as that. And its ALL there in the SARAB KALAA SAMRAATH SGGS..the Sampooran GURU...keeping his hands on MY BACK as I battle the LIFE.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The NITNEM that our One and ONLY GURU - SGGS.. gives us all IN WRITING and beyond doubt is in the FIRST 13 Pannas of SGGS.
These First 13 pannas are SPECIFICALLY and SPECIALLY put together...Shabads from other places in SGGS are chosen and BROUGHT TOGETHER HERE.
Guru ji gives us the TITLES as well....REHRASS...SOHILA...under which the Various Shabads form all over the SGGS are PUT together as in a BOUQUET - one is Titled REHRASS and the other is SOHILA.
We MUST ask ourselves why did the GURU JI go to such an ELABORATE and well planned set up ?? Guru Ji REPEATED those same shabads elsewhere in their own Raags...just as a gardener who has a ROSE Garden...a Hibiscus Garden, an Orchid garden...makes up a Special bouquet with One Rose, One Orchid, one hibiscus etc etc...and we can still find the ROSES in the Rose garden !! Raag Asa mahalla Pehala found in the REHRASS/SOHILA..are also found exactly the same in the Appropriate Raag Asa where all the raag asa shabads are found in SGGS.
And the real beauty is that none cna rasie the tiniest doubt about these GURBANEES in SGGS becasue the SGGS is GURU and The GURU is Always RIGHT.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM