• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Need Some Info Regarding Bibek Wrt Eating

Jan 13, 2016
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji Ki fateh

I want to discuss about babek concept in Sikhism. As far as I know babek is not merely limited to eating , It's much more than that,like for all karam indri..s we should have babek. I want some info on eating babek.

Like there are babeki Singh's who keep a very strict babek regarding eating and eat food prepared only by babeki Singh's. Even if someone is amrithdhari bt doesn't have babek ... touches any of their plates..they wont eat in it..

If a person drinks alcohol or eats meat and does other practices which are against Sikh rules...if that person prepares a food or touches something ...then it not acceptable for amritdhari to eat.... This thing I understand a bit...
But if a amritdhari Sikh who is nt babeki. touches some plate or glass of babeki Singh..how that food or water contained in that plate or glass is not acceptable for babeki Singh to eat....I am nt able to understand this.....

I have asked many ...even babeki Singh's bt not got any meaningful answer from them...please help me understand this concept of babek (with respect to eating )

Bhull chuk maaf
Thanksss!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I want to discuss about babek concept in Sikhism. As far as I know babek is not merely limited to eating , It's much more than that,like for all karam indri..s we should have babek. I want some info on eating babek.

err try a babek restaurant? I have never cooked babek before, so I have no idea how you eat it.

Like there are babeki Singh's who keep a very strict babek regarding eating and eat food prepared only by babeki Singh's. Even if someone is amrithdhari bt doesn't have babek ... touches any of their plates..they wont eat in it..

Oh ok, babek is not something you eat, it appears to be the concept of rational thinking. It is not for me to question the methods of others, if the above is considered rational then I guess there is no argument.

If a person drinks alcohol or eats meat and does other practices which are against Sikh rules...if that person prepares a food or touches something ...then it not acceptable for amritdhari to eat.... This thing I understand a bit...

Strangely enough I thought there was more to Sikh rules than just not eating meat or drinking alcohol, I thought it was the state of ones heart and how aligned it was with Creator.

But if a amritdhari Sikh who is nt babeki. touches some plate or glass of babeki Singh..how that food or water contained in that plate or glass is not acceptable for babeki Singh to eat....I am nt able to understand this.....
well that's rational thinking for you!

I have asked many ...even babeki Singh's bt not got any meaningful answer from them...please help me understand this concept of babek (with respect to eating )

Your asking me to help you understand the rationality behind rational Sikhs insisting that other rational Sikhs cook all the food, otherwise they will not eat it?

Jan 13, 2016
err try a babek restaurant? I have never cooked babek before, so I have no idea how you eat it.

Oh ok, babek is not something you eat, it appears to be the concept of rational thinking. It is not for me to question the methods of others, if the above is considered rational then I guess there is no argument.

Strangely enough I thought there was more to Sikh rules than just not eating meat or drinking alcohol, I thought it was the state of ones heart and how aligned it was with Creator.

well that's rational thinking for

Jan 13, 2016
Thanks for reply harry haller

I just want to know your views on..... does this mere touching affects the food that much that someone cannot eat it...regardless who touches it whether an another amritdhari or non amritdhari..???

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Thanks for reply harry haller

I just want to know your views on..... does this mere touching affects the food that much that someone cannot eat it...regardless who touches it whether an another amritdhari or non amritdhari..???

When I was a child, I was at my cousins house, and one of my cousins took a bite of a sandwich I was eating, an adult then walked in, and with horror, realised I was not amritdhari, (although they were), the food was quickly spat out, I never ate in their house again...

You ask yourself whether this is rational, or irrational?
You ask yourself whether purity is the by product of spitting a 7 year old's sandwich out or whether it is something that defines your thinking and your actions?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM