• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Nanak Is The Guru, Nanak Is The Lord Himself

Khojat

SPNer
Mar 3, 2008
Re: Nanak is the Guru, Nanak is the Lord Himself.

Dear Yograj,

I congratulate your on zeal and ardent beliefs and I do not mean this in a sacarstics manner as God is my witness. You may be rigth on some issues and worng in others. Regardless, never let your zeal and enthusiasm blind you or force you to advocate a certain position or belief.

It is a narrow path for those whose seek the path to enlightenment. We should all beware, lest we fall off the path and into the path of illusion and doubt - the progeny of duality.

Secondly the thoughts expressed by me are just that, my thoughts and interpretations of the Holy Scriptures of the SGGS JI. They are not my teaching. I am no one to teach or preach. I myslef am a seeker of the TRUTH just as you are. My mind is open to seek advice, clarifications and even positions which are in opposition to mind. Without discourse there is no discovery and enlightenment. However it should be constructive not just argumentative and/or confrontational.

The Sun in our Sky is but one. It's light seems to be one but hold up a piece of Crystal (The Sat Guru) to it and it splits into its component of colours. Concentrate this light again and it wil again merge into one light. In Unity, there is still diversity. God is the Light, The Sat Guru the Crystal, The spectrum of colours if God's Creation of Different kinds including religions. Within each colour of the spectrum, that whch exists, looks upon itself as a particular colour. It views it neighbour as different from it as it has a different colour. Fools are we all, all the colours merge into the One and become One. Such is our true destiny, Such is our True Path Home.

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

To your earlier post I will endeavour to reply but your questions require a lengthy reply which I cannot do justice to at the moment.

Please also note that SGGS JI is an abbreviation for Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It is the same title with which we reverently address our Holy Sat Gurus (Eg. Shri Guru Nank Dev Ji or Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji). The Holy scripture has been vested with the Guruship by the 10th Master and showed be showed no lesser reverence in being addressed.

Commenting on the Vaak below, please note

ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਆਪੇ ਆਪਿ ਹੈ ਦੂਜਾ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥
sabh kishh aapae aap hai dhoojaa avar n koe ||
He Himself is everything; there is no other at all.

I do not know the context in which this verse has been taken and usually I refrain from commenting unless I have the full picture. However I will endeavour to make some brief comments.

From God came all things. In all things has God infused his light. All that is done is by His will and His Command. There is none that exists outside of his Will. The Lord God is the Doer of all things. God has manifested Himself in a number of ways; through His Word, Through the Sat Guru and through His Creation. He also manifests Himself through the congragation of the Holy who are the keepers of His Word and who are given the Word by the Sat Guru.

In Essence God is all by Himslef and He is the Doer of All Things. There is no other. It is God, in communion with the Sat Guru, that inspires the Sat Guru speak of God and of His Word. It is by Divine Will that the Existance came into being.

God is the Supreme Light and the Sat Guru is the embodiment of this Light. However the Sat Guru is a created being and God self created. In the Beginning before the ages began, the Lord was by Himslef in deep contemplation. There was nothing in existance, not even air and all was darkness.

I do not see how this Vaak leads to the conclusion that the Sat Guru is God.
The Guru of Nanak is the One God. Nanak is the vessle of humility and of the highest purity in whom the Lord poured His Ambrosial Name and vested this vessel with His Light.

God is Unborn and Self Existent.

The Sat Guru is the Essence of God for he is totally imbued with God's presences and Spirit. The Sat Guru ahs all Spiritual and Temporal Power adn can Command all of the Heavens and the Nether Worlds. Be the Sat Guru in the form of Ram, Krishna, Buddha, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Nanak and all his forms past, present and future, he is still a created being, made of flesh and born of woman. The repository of Divine Light, The Knower of God.

Khojat Ji,

Please comment on the follwing Vaak:

in the light of your own teachings, as this one is also in the contradiction of yours, but you say you are guided by GURBANI- this is Gurbani.

Waheguru

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Interesting discussion..........

Sardar Ji and Khojat Ji - both are right from their own perspectives.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008

Dear Sardar 123,
/////
There are qualities that are unknown to anyone or any being, perhaps even unknown to the Sat Guru.

//////

The bani of the SGGS Ji is clear that God and the Sat Guru are two seperate beings.

The Light and Word of God (Guru) are vested within the Sat Guru. The Sat Guru is a a pure soul and of pure light in the unembodied form. As and when it pleases God (Guru), he commands the Sat Guru to enter a Holy Body. One that has proved itself and one that has attained the highest level of spiritual awareness. Unto this being the Light and Word of God are infused.

The SGGS tells us the the Sat Guru has been coming to Earth throughout the 4 ages. This means that the Sat Guru ahs appeared many items in different bodies and thought Men how to worship and commune with God.

The Sat Guru is the closet thing to God that any mortal being has seen or heard. In this sense the Sat Guru is God. This distinct from the concept that God takes the form of a human being and is born in this world. The Japji Sahib clearly rejects this concept. God is unborn. The Sat Guru through all the ages is born of woman. None have appeared out of thin air.

Khojat Ji,

Thankyou for your time.
I dont hear Guru Ji saying these things.

Thanks a lot

Satguru is not a just a body of flesh born out of flesh.
Guru Nanak was, is and will be FOREVER, PRESENT EVERYWHERE.

No further Question. I wanted to know what makes you believe what you believe, You made it absolutely clear.

Thanks for the time you took to answer my question.
Thanks again.

Last edited:

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

It would be good, Khojat Ji, if you could also provide references from SGGS to support your beliefs. :star:

Here are a link you may want to use :

Sri Granth

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008

Khojat said:
There are qualities that are unknown to anyone or any being, perhaps even unknown to the Sat Guru.

Thankyou Khojat Ji,

You made these comments in one of your posts, After this I have no further question. I believe in Satguru, the Creator and He knows ALL. My Nanak's knowledge is limitless . Sorry for the trouble you had to go through answering my querry.

Waheguru:wah:

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008

I believe in Satguru, the Creator and He knows ALL. My Nanak's knowledge is limitless .

Guru Nanak/Satguru/Guru/Lord/Har Ke Sant/Brahmgyani/Saint/God/Gurbani: 'the Creator' is, was and will be present, everywhere.:)

If I think of making a distinction between Guru and God, it will make me a manmukh.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Portraits of Guru Nanak Dev
What does it take to be a Sikh?
Jasjit Singh Walia*
* Professor of Chemistry, Loyola University, New Orleans, New Orleans, LA. 70118. USA.
One of the fundamental question in Sikh faith is: who is a Sikh. A definition derived entirely from sacred Sri Guru Granth Sahib (SGGS) is summarized here

-KIndly Google out-

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

It is reposted
Shabad guru surat dhun chella

In the above line, uttered by Guru nanak dev Maharaaj ji in response to a question of Sidhas, is contained a philopshy that has been ignored by us for quite a time and we are lost in the meaning of Guru in body.

Shabad in the above tuk can be assigned many meaning including the 'Naam' that is bestowed upon the mankind by HIS grace. Right now we have one Guru.Guru Granth sahib ji. It is 'shabad guru' as it contains the holy words of God and is the sargun form of the God.

Guru Nanak dev ji uttered that was told to HIm or that was inspired to state. The confusion prevails that we lack the knowledge so far as these terms and thier usage. English translations have created a mess. It is strongly urged that we should get out of the habit of reading the english translations and interpretation. One should learn Gurmukhi and then appreciate the Granth. I am a novice as most of us here but It is felt that we fall into the trap of english translations as it is handy.

We all have this 'shabd' in our body.It is lying dormant. The more sensitivity we have been gifted to experience, during these mystical higher states of altered consciousness (Surat Dhun), the more accurately will we begin to receive the desired answers from the awakened Shabad within us.

Further it is clarified that naam is not only the name of Lord.It is much more that this.

Naam key Dharay sagle Jant

and further
Dehi Main iska bisram
and
Naam ke Dhare Puria sab Bhavan

Irrespective of who is guru, it is clear that sikhs do remember and worship the sole one ,the Creator. There should be no confusion in this regard. One would be misleading other by stating things to contrary. It is better to not to post the views than to misguide and misinterpret the things. Sikhs do not pray to Gurus but to waheguru only. It is their love for guru nanak dev ji that they say things that represent their love for super consciousness that He was bestowed with.

I shall not be able to attend to any question on this as the knowledge that I possess is being shared. I think it is a long journey. One cannot help much. Kindly see the other thread 'word'/shabad/naam.' It is un- attended to after two circulations.

Let HIM bless us all.

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008

I believe in Satguru, the Creator and He knows ALL. My Nanak's knowledge is limitless

Nanak Bani Nirankaar Paarbrahm Parmesar
Waho Waho Bani Nirankaar Hai Tis Jevad Avar Na Koi

ANG 98/99
SGGS JI
SATGURU PRASAAD

ਮਾਝ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
maajh mehalaa 5 ||
Maajh, Fifth Mehl:

ਦੁਖੁ ਤਦੇ ਜਾ ਵਿਸਰਿ ਜਾਵੈ ॥
dhukh thadhae jaa visar jaavai ||
They forget the Lord, and they suffer in pain.

ਭੁਖ ਵਿਆਪੈ ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਧਾਵੈ ॥
bhukh viaapai bahu bidhh dhhaavai ||
Afflicted with hunger, they run around in all directions.

ਸਿਮਰਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਹੇਲਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਦੇਵੈ ਦੀਨ ਦਇਆਲਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
simarath naam sadhaa suhaelaa jis dhaevai dheen dhaeiaalaa jeeo ||1||
Meditating in remembrance on the Naam, they are happy forever. The Lord, Merciful to the meek, bestows it upon them. ||1||

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਵਡ ਸਮਰਥਾ ॥
sathigur maeraa vadd samarathhaa ||
My True Guru is absolutely All-powerful.

ਜੀਇ ਸਮਾਲੀ ਤਾ ਸਭੁ ਦੁਖੁ ਲਥਾ ॥
jeee samaalee thaa sabh dhukh lathhaa ||
When I dwell upon Him in my soul, all my sorrows depart.

ਚਿੰਤਾ ਰੋਗੁ ਗਈ ਹਉ ਪੀੜਾ ਆਪਿ ਕਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
chinthaa rog gee ho peerraa aap karae prathipaalaa jeeo ||2||
The sickness of anxiety and the disease of ego are cured; He Himself cherishes me. ||2||

ਬਾਰਿਕ ਵਾਂਗੀ ਹਉ ਸਭ ਕਿਛੁ ਮੰਗਾ ॥
baarik vaangee ho sabh kishh mangaa ||
Like a child, I ask for everything.

ਦੇਦੇ ਤੋਟਿ ਨਾਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਰੰਗਾ ॥
dhaedhae thott naahee prabh rangaa ||
God is Bountiful and Beautiful; He never comes up empty.

ਪੈਰੀ ਪੈ ਪੈ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਮਨਾਈ ਦੀਨ ਦਇਆਲ ਗੋਪਾਲਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥
pairee pai pai bahuth manaaee dheen dhaeiaal gopaalaa jeeo ||3||
Again and again, I fall at His Feet. He is Merciful to the meek, the Sustainer of the World. ||3||

ਹਉ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੇ ॥
ho balihaaree sathigur poorae ||
I am a sacrifice to the Perfect True Guru,

ਜਿਨਿ ਬੰਧਨ ਕਾਟੇ ਸਗਲੇ ਮੇਰੇ ॥
jin bandhhan kaattae sagalae maerae ||
who has shattered all my bonds.

ਹਿਰਦੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੇ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਕੀਏ ਨਾਨਕ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਸਾਲਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੮॥੧੫॥
hiradhai naam dhae niramal keeeae naanak rang rasaalaa jeeo ||4||8||15||
With the Naam, the Name of the Lord, in my heart, I have been purified. O Nanak, His Love has imbued me with nectar. ||4||8||15||

Gurbani eis jag meh chaanan
Gurbani har alakh lakhiayaa
Gurbani Gavo Bhaee
charan kamal parabh kay nit Dhi-aava-o

Nov 16, 2007

Sadh Sangat jio,
No doubt, Guru Nanak became one with Lord, but he was a human.
If Guru Nanak was lord himself, why he didn't say in mool mantra. Guru Nanak should have plainly said "I am God".

So how long before we sikhs will start praying Guru Nank as incarnation of God? Tenth Master gave us SGGS for directions. We ignore mool mantra and try our best to find some tuks (where Guru is compared to God) to prove Nanak was God himself.

I was thinking of few centuries (time it took christians to start worshiping Jesus as God), but now I think it will take only few decades to become another sect of hinduism worshipping blindly god Nanak and ignoring shabad guru. Soon some people will start saying that like Jesus he was born to a virgin .

Bhul chuk maaf. I didn't have time to read whole thread. I am posting after reading thread heading 'Nanak is the Guru, Nanak is Lord Himself'.

Nov 16, 2007

ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ਘਰੁ
Tilang, Fifth Mehl, Third House:

ਕਰਤੇ ਕੁਦਰਤੀ ਮੁਸਤਾਕੁ
O Creator, through Your creative potency, I am in love with You.

ਦੀਨ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਏਕ ਤੂਹੀ ਸਭ ਖਲਕ ਹੀ ਤੇ ਪਾਕੁ ਰਹਾਉ

You alone are my spiritual and temporal Lord; and yet, You are detached from all Your creation. ||Pause||

ਖਿਨ ਮਾਹਿ ਥਾਪਿ ਉਥਾਪਦਾ ਆਚਰਜ ਤੇਰੇ ਰੂਪ
In an instant, You establish and disestablish. Wondrous is Your form!

ਕਉਣੁ ਜਾਣੈ ਚਲਤ ਤੇਰੇ ਅੰਧਿਆਰੇ ਮਹਿ ਦੀਪ ॥੧॥
Who can know Your play? You are the Light in the darkness. ||1||

ਖੁਦਿ ਖਸਮ ਖਲਕ ਜਹਾਨ ਅਲਹ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨ ਖੁਦਾਇ
You are the Master of Your creation, the Lord of all the world, O Merciful Lord God.

ਦਿਨਸੁ ਰੈਣਿ ਜਿ ਤੁਧੁ ਅਰਾਧੇ ਸੋ ਕਿਉ ਦੋਜਕਿ ਜਾਇ ॥੨॥

One who worships You day and night - why should he have to go to hell? ||2||

ਅਜਰਾਈਲੁ ਯਾਰੁ ਬੰਦੇ ਜਿਸੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਆਧਾਰੁ
Azraa-eel, the Messenger of Death, is the friend of the human being who has Your support, Lord.

ਗੁਨਹ ਉਸ ਕੇ ਸਗਲ ਆਫੂ ਤੇਰੇ ਜਨ ਦੇਖਹਿ ਦੀਦਾਰੁ ॥੩॥
His sins are all forgiven; Your humble servant gazes upon Your Vision. ||3||

ਦੁਨੀਆ ਚੀਜ ਫਿਲਹਾਲ ਸਗਲੇ ਸਚੁ ਸੁਖੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਨਾਉ
All worldly considerations are for the present only. True peace comes only from Your Name.

ਗੁਰ ਮਿਲਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਬੂਝਿਆ ਸਦਾ ਏਕਸੁ ਗਾਉ ॥੪॥੪॥
Meeting the Guru, Nanak understands; He sings only Your Praises forever, O Lord. ||4||4||

Today's Hukamnama from Darbar Sahib. Is Guru Nanak praising himself? If Guru is compared to God in some shabads, why do you assume Guru Nanak is God himself?
Here is a doha of Kabir ji (not sure if from SGGS),
Guru govind dhovu khade, kake lagav paay
Balihari guru apne, jin govind diyo dikhay.
Here Bhagat Kabir gave guru status higher than Lord himself, because thourgh guru only we could reach Lord.
If in some shabads guru is praised and compared to Lord, how does it prove that Guru Nanak was Creator Lord himself?
Bhul chuk maaf.

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

:)Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji :page 1389:SearchGurbani.com

We find in Guruji, these words:

ਕਬਿ ਕਲ ਸੁਜਸੁ ਗਾਵਉ ਗੁਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਜੁ ਜੋਗੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਮਾਣਿਓ ॥੩॥
kab kal sujas gaavo gur naanak raaj jog jin maaniou ||3||
KAL the poet sings the Sublime Praises of Guru Nanak, who enjoys mastery of Raja Yoga. ||3||

ਗਾਵਹਿ ਕਪਿਲਾਦਿ ਆਦਿ ਜੋਗੇਸੁਰ ਅਪਰੰਪਰ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਵਰੋ ॥

gaavehi kapilaadh aadh jogaesur aparanpar avathaar varo ||
Kapila and the other Yogis sing of Guru Nanak.
He is the Avataar, the Incarnation of the Infinite Lord.

Nov 16, 2007

:)Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji :page 1389:SearchGurbani.com

We find in Guruji, these words:

ਕਬਿ ਕਲ ਸੁਜਸੁ ਗਾਵਉ ਗੁਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਜੁ ਜੋਗੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਮਾਣਿਓ ॥੩॥
kab kal sujas gaavo gur naanak raaj jog jin maaniou ||3||
KAL the poet sings the Sublime Praises of Guru Nanak, who enjoys mastery of Raja Yoga. ||3||

ਗਾਵਹਿ ਕਪਿਲਾਦਿ ਆਦਿ ਜੋਗੇਸੁਰ ਅਪਰੰਪਰ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਵਰੋ ॥
gaavehi kapilaadh aadh jogaesur aparanpar avathaar varo ||
Kapila and the other Yogis sing of Guru Nanak.
He is the Avataar, the Incarnation of the Infinite Lord.
Yes, these are swaiyas in praise of Guru Nanak. While praising guru, he is even called avatar of Lord himself. Read whole shabad, not selected tuks to prove your points. SGGS is collections of banis of gurus and bhagats written at different times and in different contexts. You can take tuk from here and there and prove anything.
Would you read mool mantar again please. If Guru Nanak was Lord himself, what stopped Guru Nanak from telling the truth that he is Lord Creator himself? Instead he said 'Gur Prasad'.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Dear Yograj,

I congratulate your on zeal and ardent beliefs and I do not mean this in a sacarstics manner as God is my witness. You may be rigth on some issues and worng in others. Regardless, never let your zeal and enthusiasm blind you or force you to advocate a certain position or belief.

It is a narrow path for those whose seek the path to enlightenment. We should all beware, lest we fall off the path and into the path of illusion and doubt - the progeny of duality.

Secondly the thoughts expressed by me are just that, my thoughts and interpretations of the Holy Scriptures of the SGGS JI. They are not my teaching. I am no one to teach or preach. I myslef am a seeker of the TRUTH just as you are. My mind is open to seek advice, clarifications and even positions which are in opposition to mind. Without discourse there is no discovery and enlightenment. However it should be constructive not just argumentative and/or confrontational.

The Sun in our Sky is but one. It's light seems to be one but hold up a piece of Crystal (The Sat Guru) to it and it splits into its component of colours. Concentrate this light again and it wil again merge into one light. In Unity, there is still diversity. God is the Light, The Sat Guru the Crystal, The spectrum of colours if God's Creation of Different kinds including religions. Within each colour of the spectrum, that whch exists, looks upon itself as a particular colour. It views it neighbour as different from it as it has a different colour. Fools are we all, all the colours merge into the One and become One. Such is our true destiny, Such is our True Path Home.

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

To your earlier post I will endeavour to reply but your questions require a lengthy reply which I cannot do justice to at the moment.

Please also note that SGGS JI is an abbreviation for Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It is the same title with which we reverently address our Holy Sat Gurus (Eg. Shri Guru Nank Dev Ji or Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji). The Holy scripture has been vested with the Guruship by the 10th Master and showed be showed no lesser reverence in being addressed.

Commenting on the Vaak below, please note

I do not know the context in which this verse has been taken and usually I refrain from commenting unless I have the full picture. However I will endeavour to make some brief comments.

From God came all things. In all things has God infused his light. All that is done is by His will and His Command. There is none that exists outside of his Will. The Lord God is the Doer of all things. God has manifested Himself in a number of ways; through His Word, Through the Sat Guru and through His Creation. He also manifests Himself through the congragation of the Holy who are the keepers of His Word and who are given the Word by the Sat Guru.

In Essence God is all by Himslef and He is the Doer of All Things. There is no other. It is God, in communion with the Sat Guru, that inspires the Sat Guru speak of God and of His Word. It is by Divine Will that the Existance came into being.

God is the Supreme Light and the Sat Guru is the embodiment of this Light. However the Sat Guru is a created being and God self created. In the Beginning before the ages began, the Lord was by Himslef in deep contemplation. There was nothing in existance, not even air and all was darkness.

I do not see how this Vaak leads to the conclusion that the Sat Guru is God.
The Guru of Nanak is the One God. Nanak is the vessle of humility and of the highest purity in whom the Lord poured His Ambrosial Name and vested this vessel with His Light.

God is Unborn and Self Existent.

The Sat Guru is the Essence of God for he is totally imbued with God's presences and Spirit. The Sat Guru ahs all Spiritual and Temporal Power adn can Command all of the Heavens and the Nether Worlds. Be the Sat Guru in the form of Ram, Krishna, Buddha, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Nanak and all his forms past, present and future, he is still a created being, made of flesh and born of woman. The repository of Divine Light, The Knower of God.

Sardara Ji and Pyramid Ji,

I believe Khojat Ji has stated that he is a seeker just like you are and he has genuine intentions to be in Sadh Sangat. Little did he know that he would be put into a corner like the Brahmins did with Bhagat Namdev.

I ask for Khojat Ji's forgiveness if I or/and any other member has hurt his feelings.

~ namjap ~

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Yes, these are swaiyas in praise of Guru Nanak. While praising guru, he is even called avatar of Lord himself. Read whole shabad, not selected tuks to prove your points. SGGS is collections of banis of gurus and bhagats written at different times and in different contexts. You can take tuk from here and there and prove anything.

Would you read mool mantar again please. If Guru Nanak was Lord himself, what stopped Guru Nanak from telling the truth that he is Lord Creator himself? Instead he said 'Gur Prasad'.

Respected Lalihayer ji,

I can see the labour that you have put in and i do appreciate your predicament .I had started this thread and now repent as to why I did. You can trace back from the original post# 1. With in the 10 post or so you will find the answer.

After putting in the labor I could not get the message through. I have now withdrawn because one shall now explain what is 'swayee' and what is the meaning and then end up in unending argument.

I wish you don't end up like me. I had started posting articles in this thread. I have now no intention to carry on further when there are so many obstructions.

You may kindly carry on.

Regards

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Incidentally , I have to point out that the name of the thread that i had posted was :

" Is it so.."

i.e. can Guru Nanak be the Lord.
The name of the thread was, after some time, changed by the Moderators without any prior intimation.

Sikh80 Ji,

Is this title better ?
Is Nanak the Guru ? Is Nanak the Lord Himself ?

Changing the title to anything else will confuse the Search Engines. Let Aman Ji speak his views on technicalities. It was Aman Ji who changed your title from "Is it so...."

~ namjap ~

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Originally Quoted by Khojat,

Khojat Ji,

I don't know how other religions perceive this statement but the understanding in Sikhism is - from above to below.

Page 722, Line 16
ਜੈਸੀ ਮੈ ਆਵੈ ਖਸਮ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਤੈਸੜਾ ਕਰੀ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਵੇ ਲਾਲੋ ॥
Jaisī mai āvai kẖasam kī baṇī ṯaisṛā karī gi­ān vė lālo.
As the Word of the Forgiving Lord comes to me, so do I express it, O Lalo.
Guru Nanak Dev - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

We need to see or try to perceive Nanak's teachings from his God-consciousness level. Difficult but not un-attainable because Gurbani was written to show us the path.

On the other hand, if we view the teachings of Gurbani we find that Bani is Guru. Guru is Bani. Many people are often confused what Bani is.
Page 935, Line 13
ਇਹ ਬਾਣੀ ਮਹਾ ਪੁਰਖ ਕੀ ਨਿਜ ਘਰਿ ਵਾਸਾ ਹੋਇ ॥੪੦॥
We are all eager to find concepts (mind stuff) which should conform to our ego. Having to face with this hurdle, yet there's a driving force within us that never gives up, holding a genuine quest for everlasting happiness centered inside our hearts.

The concepts of Bani and True Bani are different things. The ego of man can only grasp the concepts. Only Soul can experience real bani. That's because bani is too subtle a vibration to be grasped by mind. This is how Sikhism differs from definitions expressed in other religions about Guru/Savior/Prophet, etc.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

aad002 ji
aasaa mehlaa 5. ang [ I am unable to quote but this appears on pages 450-456, I can post if required.]

slok ]
Shalok: salok.

audmu krhu vfBwgIho ismrhu hir hir rwie ]
Make the effort, O very fortunate ones, and meditate on the Lord, the Lord King.
nwnk ijsu ismrq sB suK hovih dUKu drdu BRmu jwie ]1] O Nanak, remembering Him in meditation, you shall obtain total peace, and your pains and troubles and doubts shall depart. ||1||

This is the Bani of Guru maharaaj Arjan dev ji where he is stating to meditate on the Lord. Had that you have stated been correct, would he not have asked to Meditate upon Guru nanak ji. Then there would have no need of The entire Granth sahib being compiled as the God was known and so was HIS naam i.e Guru Nanak.

1.Yes, you may also answer that Lalihayer ji has stated. i.e why Guru nanak dev ji had authored Mool Mantra ,the jaap of which you must be doing , that states the attributes of Lord.

Is Nanak ji giving his attributes.?

2.Why has Nanak dev ji authored jap ji sahib?. For his own eulogisation. Kindly clarigy.

3. Why Guru nanak dev ji state at many places in Granth Sahib that he has been blessed with naam.
Is he saying that he has been blessed by himself?

Kindly reply after giving a very careful and considerate thought and do not try to distort the gurbani and the established meanings that we are used to.

Also note Sikhi is against incarnation of God. Unless you want to change the sikh philosphy you will have to answer to the God for misinterpretation and misguiding the readers. Is the Bani of Guru sahibs more important than the bani of the Poets who always sing the praise and use many metaphors.? There has to be a subtle difference.

At many places in Granth sahib it has been stated that His devotees are Lord. Will it mean that we all are Lord? Looks funny.

Kindly reply if you wish and your conscience permits and mind is able to rationalise else ignore this post as no reply is needed to all the questions posed. We all have the answers with us.

We are all learners.

Bhul Chuk Mauf

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM