• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Nanak Is The Guru, Nanak Is The Lord Himself

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Re: Nanak is the Guru; Nanak is the Lord Himself.

Hi sherab ji,
I was just wondering if you could give the source of above info. Normally the word should not have 'ji'.

The discussion has shifted from the main topic to panch shabad. Any comment on Guru nanak dev ji that He was a creator or the Panch Shabad would be welcome.
I cannot answer, and my response was just somply a guess.

good point. :)

gurfateh

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008

Guru nanak ji was the first guru of sikhs and is respected by all sikhs allover the globe. Some people state that HE was The creator.

Sikh80 Ji,

According to Sikh GURU- GURU GRANTH SAHIB:

In Sukhmani it states: Brahmgyani srisht ka karta.
This tells us that a God Realized person is the creator of the whole universe.
The same truth is said about Saint, Guru, Satguru, Bhagwant and the other God realized ones.

If YOU YOURSELF consider Guru Nanak Dev Ji a BRAHMGYANI(God Realized)- then HE IS THE CREATOR.

BUT IF YOU DONT CONSIDER GURU NANAK DEV JI A BRAHMGYANI- then it is solely your PROBLEM, nobody else can answer it for you unless you change your understanding about Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

If you follow the thread it has been stated clearly that Nanak dev ji authored Mool Mantra in eulogisation Of the Almighty.A person cannot eulogise himself.
Further in Japu ji sahib,

Ehu vyKY Enw ndir n AwvY bhuqw eyhu ivfwxu ] (7-3, jpu, mÚ 1)
He watches over all, but none see Him. How wonderful this is!
Awdysu iqsY Awdysu ] (7-3, jpu, mÚ 1)
I bow to Him, I humbly bow.
Awid AnIlu Anwid Anwhiq jugu jugu eyko vysu ]30] (7-4, jpu, mÚ 1)
The Primal One, the Pure Light, without beginning, without end. Throughout all the ages, He is One and the Same. ||30||
Awsxu loie loie BMfwr ] (7-4, jpu, mÚ 1)
On world after world are His Seats of Authority and His Storehouses.
jo ikCu pwieAw su eykw vwr ] (7-5, jpu, mÚ 1)
Whatever was put into them, was put there once and for all.
kir kir vyKY isrjxhwru ] (7-5, jpu, mÚ 1)
Having created the creation, the Creator Lord watches over it.
nwnk scy kI swcI kwr ] (7-5, jpu, mÚ 1)
O Nanak, True is the Creation of the True Lord.

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008

Sikh80 Ji,

It is clear that you can't or you dont want to understand. Gurbani that you are quoting read it again yourself.

"The Primal One, the Pure Light, without beginning, without end. Throughout all the ages, He is One and the Same."

You dont need to reply this, as it is very obvious that it is useless talking to you.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Guru's mother was Mata Tripta and he had one older sister, Bibi Nanki. From the very childhood, Bibi Nanki saw the Light of God in Guru Nanak but did not reveal this secret to anyone. She is known as the first disciple of Guru Nanak.

How does one see the Light of God ?

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

I do not know as to how to see the light Of god. Only the one who has experienced it can tell and /or these kinds of write ups.
I do not think light of God would mean in literal sense.It may be saintly qualities as well that nanak ji had.

Nanak sahib was very kind person and there are many saakhi's about him and his kidhood.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

You are right and tomorrow there would be many for all of us as well.:u):
Will that mean that we all are...???:u):

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

So let it be that it has to be; as may be, we all are that you said that v can be; so let it be ;who am I if all are that you said to be...and that what has to be will be and that will never be that has not to be..so let it be that it has to be...:)

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Waheguru di mehr hey ji

Sakhi Contd......It may get automerged hence ****stars are put in a line ...
To this Guru Nanak Dev ji stated,

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

So let it be that it has to be; as may be, we all are that you said that v can be; so let it be ;who am I if all are that you said to be...and that what has to be will be and that will never be that has not to be..so let it be that it has to be...:)

Sikh80 ji

With all respect, you are posting in the Gurmat Vichaar section of the forum -- which presumes that we are working to further Vichaar -- Understanding. It would be a kindness to speak to the issues raised by the Bani and articles comprising this thread. ;)

May we also have the source for comments below in #197?

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Sikh80 ji

With all respect, you are posting in the Gurmat Vichaar section of the forum -- which presumes that we are working to further Vichaar -- Understanding. It would be a kindness to speak to the issues raised by the Bani and articles comprising this thread. ;)

May we also have the source for comments below in #197?

With all respect It is to state that this was the only method left with me to break the 'jam' :up:created by the posts by amarsanghera ji.Kindly go through the posts prior to the post that has been quoted.I think it was a thread being throttled or the channel being blocked. It would be in all fairness if the objection would have been raised at the time the comments of the other members were posted.
However, having said all that is to be stated ,it is still to state that there is no 'Vichaar' going on here ;only the facts about Nanak dev ji are being recorded in the thread.However, the choice about the selection of words is the prerogative of the moderators only. I am again grateful for the unnecessary interruptions. :confused:
You may kindly carry on with your Vichaars that you are carrying on. Kindly clarify as to which source of comment is being sought for by yourself.I see a part of an article. If there is some comment it is on account of aoutogenerated double post.[long word indeed but meaningless , no,OMG what do you say]
I should .,ofcourse, be more careful in posting that I have to post.
Thanks for reminding me. Kindly do not forget to do the same if you find something like this again.I shall be grateful. With all respect I shall close now.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006

Sikh80 ji

can you explain how my statement " there are a lot of sakhis/fables related to God too" was a log jam to illicit a tongue jabbing responses ;)

my intent was to remind you that so manytimes we focus on literal and persona aspects in our analysis that it twists the whole context and blurs the mssage.

SGGS was compiled due to a reason

- go guess !!

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

What and of what kind is Guru Nanak’s God? The answer lies in the Mool Mantra or Mangalacharan written in the beginning of Jap ji –

:idea:I think the above clarifies the position that Guru Nanak dev ji was a Guru and not GOD.:idea:
One may find the full article by feeding Bani and Simran in the search Box

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

However, having said all that is to be stated ,it is still to state that there is no 'Vichaar' going on here ;only the facts about Nanak dev ji are being recorded in the thread.However, the choice about the selection of words is the prerogative of the moderators only. I am again grateful for the unnecessary interruptions.
confused.gif

I dont' know what this means either.

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008

However, having said all that is to be stated ,it is still to state that there is no 'Vichaar' going on here ;only the facts about Nanak dev ji are being recorded in the thread.However, the choice about the selection of words is the prerogative of the moderators only. I am again grateful for the unnecessary interruptions.
confused.gif

I dont' know what this means either.

aadooo2 Ji,

One thing is worth noticing though, Sikh80 contradicts himself in everypost he makes.

Just one example: Post #201:

he quotes:

“The entire creation is nothing but Naam. No place is devoid of Naam.”

"The more we progress in understanding hukam, the more our illusion will go away."

“Get rid of all doubts and meditate on God"

"Let us take our own example. If we like and sincerely love a person, he/she begins to occupy our memory at all times. We always try to stay close to that person. Whatever he/she does or has, is cherished by us. A time comes when our love dissolves all barriers between us and we become one with the object of our love."

In the end he says:

:idea:I think the above clarifies the position that Guru Nanak dev ji was a Guru and not GOD.:idea:

So all in all he is actually portraying his own innocence or unwillingness to believe in Guru Ji. :).

Tuhada Das
Yograj

ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਪੂਰਨ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਵਿੰਦੁ ਸਿਾਣੈ ਸੋਈ ।
paarabrahamu pooran brahamu guru govindu siaanai soee|
The fact that the transcendental Brahm is the prefect Brahm and the Guru is God, is only identified by a gurmukh, the Guru-orientated one.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

aadooo2 Ji,

One thing is worth noticing though, Sikh80 contradicts himself in everypost he makes.

Just one example: Post #201:

he quotes:

“The entire creation is nothing but Naam. No place is devoid of Naam.”

“Get rid of all doubts and meditate on God"

In the end he says:

So all in all he is actually portraying his own innocence or unwillingness to believe in Guru Ji. :).
Tuhada Das
Yograj

It is surprising that my dear friend could find something in the article that I have posted. If you would kindly observe the complete line , lest you have missed, is as follows:

Again, here is the way to lead a life of dharma –
“Get rid of all doubts and meditate on God
Says Nanak, this is the everlasting dharma.”

I hope the matter stands sorted out. It is Nanak ji who is saying to Meditate on God as the rest is an everlasting .....

Kindly forgive for my bluntness. I had posted the article for the benefit of the members so that some continuity is maintained. But I was wrong.I should not have posted the entire article. If you have something to substantiate or prove otherwise please post.We can always discuss that and sort out.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: