• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Naam, Shabad And Bani: What Is The Difference?

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Page 749, Line 9
ਤਹਾ ਬੈਕੁੰਠੁ ਜਹ ਕੀਰਤਨੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਤੂੰ ਆਪੇ ਸਰਧਾ ਲਾਇਹਿ ॥੨॥
तहा बैकुंठु जह कीरतनु तेरा तूं आपे सरधा लाइहि ॥२॥
Ŧahā baikunṯẖ jah kīrṯan ṯerā ṯūʼn āpe sarḏẖā lā▫ihi. ||2||
That place is heaven, where the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises are sung. You Yourself instill faith into us. ||2||
Guru Arjan Dev - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Page 669, Line 5
ਹਰਿ ਪੜੁ ਹਰਿ ਲਿਖੁ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਿ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਉ ਹਰਿ ਭਉਜਲੁ ਪਾਰਿ ਉਤਾਰੀ ॥
हरि पड़ु हरि लिखु हरि जपि हरि गाउ हरि भउजलु पारि उतारी ॥
Har paṛ har likẖ har jap har gā▫o har bẖa▫ojal pār uṯārī.
Read about the Lord, write about the Lord, chant the Lord's Name, and sing the Lord's Praises; the Lord will carry you across the terrifying world-ocean.
Guru Ram Das - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Page 195, Line 16
ਰਸਨਾ ਗੀਧੀ ਬੋਲਤ ਰਾਮ ॥
रसना गीधी बोलत राम ॥
Rasnā gīḏẖī bolaṯ rām.
Their tongues learn the habit of chanting the Lord's Name,

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Shabad is quoted by Kiram Ji, pay attention, nothing is said about one’s own efforts, and obviously efforts are to please Guru, How? By following him, then what state of mind becomes, Guru expresses beautifully

ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ
बिलावलु महला ५ ॥
Bilāval mėhlā 5.
Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:

ਜੀਵਉ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੁਨੀ
जीवउ नामु सुनी ॥
Jīva▫o nām sunī.
Hearing Your Name, I live.

ਜਉ ਸੁਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਭਏ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੇ ਤਬ ਮੇਰੀ ਆਸ ਪੁਨੀ ਰਹਾਉ
जउ सुप्रसंन भए गुर पूरे तब मेरी आस पुनी ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Ja▫o suparsan bẖa▫e gur pūre ṯab merī ās punī. ||1|| rahā▫o.
When the Perfect Guru became pleased with me, then my hopes were fulfilled. ||1||Pause||

ਪੀਰ ਗਈ ਬਾਧੀ ਮਨਿ ਧੀਰਾ ਮੋਹਿਓ ਅਨਦ ਧੁਨੀ
पीर गई बाधी मनि धीरा मोहिओ अनद धुनी ॥
Pīr ga▫ī bāḏẖī man ḏẖīrā mohi▫o anaḏ ḏẖunī.
Pain is gone, and my mind is comforted; the music of bliss fascinates me.

ਉਪਜਿਓ ਚਾਉ ਮਿਲਨ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਰਹਨੁ ਜਾਇ ਖਿਨੀ
उपजिओ चाउ मिलन प्रभ प्रीतम रहनु न जाइ खिनी ॥१॥
Upji▫o cẖā▫o milan parabẖ parīṯam rahan na jā▫e kẖinī. ||1||
The yearning to meet my Beloved God has welled up within me. I cannot live without Him, even for an instant. ||1||

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ
सूही महला ५ ॥
Sūhī mėhlā 5.
Soohee, Fifth Mehl:

ਸੇ ਸੰਜੋਗ ਕਰਹੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਪਿਆਰੇ
से संजोग करहु मेरे पिआरे ॥
Se sanjog karahu mere pi▫āre.
May there be such an auspicious time, O my Beloved,

ਜਿਤੁ ਰਸਨਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਚਾਰੇ ॥੧॥
जितु रसना हरि नामु उचारे ॥१॥
Jiṯ rasnā har nām ucẖāre. ||1||
when, with my tongue, I may chant the Lord's Name||1||

ਸੁਣਿ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦੀਨ ਦਇਆਲਾ
सुणि बेनती प्रभ दीन दइआला ॥
Suṇ benṯī parabẖ ḏīn ḏa▫i▫ālā.
Hear my prayer, O God, O Merciful to the meek.

ਸਾਧ ਗਾਵਹਿ ਗੁਣ ਸਦਾ ਰਸਾਲਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
साध गावहि गुण सदा रसाला ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Sāḏẖ gāvahi guṇ saḏā rasālā. ||1|| rahā▫o.
The Holy Saints ever sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, the Source of Nectar. ||1||Pause||

ਜੀਵਨ ਰੂਪੁ ਸਿਮਰਣੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤੇਰਾ
जीवन रूपु सिमरणु प्रभ तेरा ॥
Jīvan rūp simraṇ parabẖ ṯerā.
Your meditation and remembrance is life-giving, God.

ਜਿਸੁ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰਹਿ ਬਸਹਿ ਤਿਸੁ ਨੇਰਾ ॥੨॥
जिसु क्रिपा करहि बसहि तिसु नेरा ॥२॥
Jis kirpā karahi basėh ṯis nerā. ||2||
You dwell near those upon whom You show mercy. ||2||

ਜਨ ਕੀ ਭੂਖ ਤੇਰਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਹਾਰੁ
जन की भूख तेरा नामु अहारु ॥
Jan kī bẖūkẖ ṯerā nām ahār.
Your Name is the food to satisfy the hunger of Your humble servants.

ਤੂੰ ਦਾਤਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦੇਵਣਹਾਰੁ ॥੩॥
तूं दाता प्रभ देवणहारु ॥३॥
Ŧūʼn ḏāṯā parabẖ ḏevaṇhār. ||3||
You are the Great Giver, O Lord God. ||3||

ਰਾਮ ਰਮਤ ਸੰਤਨ ਸੁਖੁ ਮਾਨਾ
राम रमत संतन सुखु माना ॥
Rām ramaṯ sanṯan sukẖ mānā.
The Saints take pleasure in repeating the Lord's Name.

ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵਨਹਾਰ ਸੁਜਾਨਾ ॥੪॥੨੬॥੩੨॥
नानक देवनहार सुजाना ॥४॥२६॥३२॥
Nānak ḏevanhār sujānā. ||4||26||32||
O Nanak, the Lord, the Great Giver, is All-knowing. ||4||26||32||

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Namm, when our soul is stuck up in the senses , it can not express its demand , which is rememberance of source or the God.Though our way is flowing in the pure love of our gurus and whole process of ascension gets completed automatically, we need to know the process of kundalini a little bit ,otherwise in the times of intellect we may not explain what happens to a man after reading or listening gurbani.On ang 1204 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji mention of Kundlini is there.Grace of guru (through a saint of house of Guru Nanak who is at shaktipat) liberates the bonded soul from senses area and put it in the driving seat.Soul try to search icons of compassion and love.Guru sahibs being God incarnation were the peak of Love, compassion and forgiveness and sacrifice.For the 240 years Guru Sahibs lived the life of pure soul.Thaknfulness towards Guru Sahibs puts us on the way to liberation , rest Guru Sahibs take care.When soul touches its area then it is obvious for a being who has been blessed by sikh gurus through sikh saint , to remember only Guru Sahibs .And One Jyot is in the Guru Sahibs. So the being remembers God only always automatically.I may be wrong but i feel this is namm.I bow my head before all for any mistake.I should be corrected if need be.

Kindly elaborate on Guru Vaak that support your Kundli assumption, there is no such practices advocated by Guru Sahiban but by others. Guru ji says otherwise SGGS Ji 265
ਅਸਟਪਦੀ ਜਾਪ ਤਾਪ ਗਿਆਨ ਸਭਿ ਧਿਆਨ ਖਟ ਸਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਸਿਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਵਖਿਆਨ ਜੋਗ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਕਰਮ ਧ੍ਰਮ ਕਿਰਿਆ ਸਗਲ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਬਨ ਮਧੇ ਫਿਰਿਆ ਅਨਿਕ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਕੀਏ ਬਹੁ ਜਤਨਾ ਪੁੰਨ ਦਾਨ ਹੋਮੇ ਬਹੁ ਰਤਨਾ ਸਰੀਰੁ ਕਟਾਇ ਹੋਮੈ ਕਰਿ ਰਾਤੀ ਵਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਕਰੈ ਬਹੁ ਭਾਤੀ ਨਹੀ ਤੁਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਬੀਚਾਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪੀਐ ਇਕ ਬਾਰ ੧॥
Asatpaḏī. Jāp ṯāp gi▫ān sabẖ ḏẖi▫ān. Kẖat sāsṯar simriṯ vakẖi▫ān. Jog abẖi▫ās karam ḏẖaram kiri▫ā. Sagal ṯi▫āg ban maḏẖe firi▫ā. Anik parkār kī▫e baho jaṯnā. Punn ḏān home baho raṯnā. Sarīr katā▫e homai kar rāṯī. varaṯ nem karai baho bẖāṯī. Nahī ṯul rām nām bīcẖār. Nānak gurmukẖ nām japī▫ai ik bār. ||1||
Ashtpadi. Recitation of religious books penance, religious discussions and all meditation. The exposition of six school of philosophy and Hindu ceremonial books. The practise of Yoga and the performance of religious rituals. The abandonment of everything and wandering in forest. The Performance of many efforts of various types. Alms giving oblation to fire and bestowal of many jewels. Cutting off the body into small pieces and making them an offering to fire. The performance of fastings and vows of many varieties. All these are not equal to the contemplation of Lord's Name. Nanak even thought the Name be repeated only once under Guru's instruction.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Page 770, Line 15
ਅਨਦਿਨੋ ਸਬਦਿ ਰਵਹੁ ਅਨਹਦ ਸਬਦ ਵਜਾਏ ਰਾਮ ॥
अनदिनो सबदि रवहु अनहद सबद वजाए राम ॥
Anḏino sabaḏ ravhu anhaḏ sabaḏ vajā▫e rām.
Night and day, chant the Word of the Shabad; night and day, the Shabad shall vibrate and resound.
Guru Amar Das - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

Nov 16, 2006
Perth, western Australia
Namjapji,
My experience with Naam Simran is that with His grace when i contemplate on His virtues & His blessings, i am fully attached with Him.i do not make any effort, automatically the word Waheguru or Satnam are uttered by my innerbeing. I enjoy this kind of Naam Simran.whether my inner being utters these words twice or thrice in my cotemplation of 1-2 hrs i feel so happy & blissful.I enjoy this experience.
May God give such experience to all of us !
i believe when you will do this ' Amrit vela SAch nao wadiaee vichaar', automatically your soul will do the Naam Simran. To me this kind of Naam Simran is not a theory but practical way of meeting our creator who resides within all of us.

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
Dear Khalsa Ji,

Bani word is dirived from Samskrit word Vani, it means the sound of what is said.

Shabad means word

Naam is a concept to convey the thought of formless 'The Sat'.

Now I take all the three words together in the context of Sikhi.

'Bani' is the teachings uttered by our Guru Sahibs. The same written in text form in Siri Guru Granth Sahib becomes 'Shabad' . 'Shabad' is a detailed elaboration to prepare the person to realise 'Naam' and make her or him a 'Sikh' i.e. the end result of teaching that is worth emulating.

With love and respect for all.

Amarpal Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Amarpal ji

That makes sense as you have explained it. But at times the term Shabad Guru is explained as the sound or voice of the Guru. As the "unstruck melody" is heard even though it is not heard in the ear.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Khalsa Ji,

Please advise accordingly your understanding of the following lines:-

ਮਾਝ ਮਹਲਾ
माझ महला ३ ॥
Mājẖ mėhlā 3.
Maajh, Third Mehl:

ਉਤਪਤਿ ਪਰਲਉ ਸਬਦੇ ਹੋਵੈ
उतपति परलउ सबदे होवै ॥
Uṯpaṯ parla▫o sabḏe hovai.
Creation and destruction happen through the Word of the Shabad.

ਸਬਦੇ ਹੀ ਫਿਰਿ ਓਪਤਿ ਹੋਵੈ
सबदे ही फिरि ओपति होवै ॥
Sabḏe hī fir opaṯ hovai.
Through the Shabad, creation happens again.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਵਰਤੈ ਸਭੁ ਆਪੇ ਸਚਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਉਪਾਇ ਸਮਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੧॥
गुरमुखि वरतै सभु आपे सचा गुरमुखि उपाइ समावणिआ ॥१॥
Gurmukẖ varṯai sabẖ āpe sacẖā gurmukẖ upā▫e samāvaṇi▫ā. ||1||
The Gurmukh knows that the True Lord is all-pervading. The Gurmukh understands creation and merger. ||1||

Page 117
..........................................................................................................

ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਆਗਾਸ ਪਾਤਾਲ
नाम के धारे आगास पाताल ॥
Nām ke ḏẖāre āgās pāṯāl.
The Naam is the Support of the Akaashic ethers and the nether regions.

ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਸਗਲ ਆਕਾਰ
नाम के धारे सगल आकार ॥
Nām ke ḏẖāre sagal ākār.
The Naam is the Support of all bodies.

ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਪੁਰੀਆ ਸਭ ਭਵਨ
नाम के धारे पुरीआ सभ भवन ॥
Nām ke ḏẖāre purī▫ā sabẖ bẖavan.
The Naam is the Support of all worlds and realms.

ਨਾਮ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਉਧਰੇ ਸੁਨਿ ਸ੍ਰਵਨ
नाम कै संगि उधरे सुनि स्रवन ॥
Nām kai sang uḏẖre sun sarvan.
Associating with the Naam, listening to it with the ears, one is saved.
Page 284

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Page 118, Line 19
ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਿਉ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਏ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਬਦਿ ਵਜਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੫॥
अम्रित बाणी सिउ चितु लाए अम्रित सबदि वजावणिआ ॥५॥
Amriṯ baṇī si▫o cẖiṯ lā▫e amriṯ sabaḏ vajāvaṇi▫ā. ||5||
Those who focus their consciousness on the Ambrosial Bani of the Word, hear the vibrations of the Ambrosial Word of the Shabad. ||5||
Guru Amar Das - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

[/SIZE]Page 119, Line 3
ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਬਦੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਹਰਿ ਬਾਣੀ ॥
अम्रित सबदु अम्रित हरि बाणी ॥
Amriṯ sabaḏ amriṯ har baṇī.
The Shabad is Amrit; the Lord's Bani is Amrit.
Guru Amar Das - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Dear Khalsa Ji,

Bani word is dirived from Samskrit word Vani, it means the sound of what is said.

Shabad means word

Naam is a concept to convey the thought of formless 'The Sat'.

Now I take all the three words together in the context of Sikhi.

'Bani' is the teachings uttered by our Guru Sahibs. The same written in text form in Siri Guru Granth Sahib becomes 'Shabad' . 'Shabad' is a detailed elaboration to prepare the person to realise 'Naam' and make her or him a 'Sikh' i.e. the end result of teaching that is worth emulating.

Very well expressed. It can be very useful for the True Guru Followers to walk on this spiritual path. Sound experience is the highest one if the Lord bestows His grace Thanks Amarpal Singh jIo

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Page 1083, Line 10
ਕਿਰਤਮ ਨਾਮ ਕਥੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਜਿਹਬਾ ॥
किरतम नाम कथे तेरे जिहबा ॥
Kirṯam nām kathe ṯere jihbā.
With my tongue I chant the Names given to You.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Naam........ Bani......... Shabd... ( Not in any particular order )
Ice............WATER.......steam... ( not in any particular order !!)
SPITITUAL/RELIGIOUS PLANE.............

Flowing water drives turbines to generate energy..electricity..etc
Steam drives locomotives..boilers..etc also generating energy
Ice..COOLS down heated temperatures...bodies..
PHYSICAL/WORLDLY PLANE..........:happy:

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
As iron is carried across if it is attached to wood,
one who is attached to the Word of the Guru`s Shabad finds the Lord. ||2||
ji-o lohaa tari-o sang kaasat lag sabad guroo har paavaigo. ||2|| (Ang 1309)

:wah:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Bani- Shabad- Naam= Practice of Ultra Marathon of life daily

Bani= Swimming in the waters of Maya. Beware of the Sharks.

Shabad= Bicycling over the mountains of stumbling blocks

Naam= Running to the finish line.

No matter who gets there first. Getting there is the only goal.:newhere:

Tejwant Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
ਖਤ੍ਰੀ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣ ਸੂਦ ਵੈਸ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਚਹੁ ਵਰਨਾ ਕਉ ਸਾਂਝਾ---748
The Updesh or teachings/Divine Message of SGGS is For ALL.

ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਕਹਤੁ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਸੁਨੈ ਸੋ ਪਾਰਿ ਪਰਾਨਥ---1001
Guru Nanak Ji is declaring the Message..whoseover hears and obeys is saved

ਪਿ ਕਮਾਉ ਅਵਰਾ ਉਪਦੇਸ॥ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਪਰਵੇਸ --- 185
Do/Act as you preach...keep the Raam naam in your innermost hearts..

ਸਤਿਗੁਰਾਂ ਖਤ੍ਰੀ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣ ਸੂਦ ਵੈਸ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਸਾਂਝਾ ਉਪਦੇਸ ਕਹਿਆ ਹੈ। ਜੋ ਪਰਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਉਪਦੇਸ ਨੂੰ ਸੁਣੇ ਗਾ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਪਾਰ ਉਤਾਰਾ ਹੋ ਜਾਵੇਗਾ। ਸਤਿਗੁਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਇਸ ਉਪਦੇਸ ਨੂੰ ਆਪ ਕਮਾਉ ਅਤੇ ਹੋਰਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਝਾਓ। ਅਹਿਜਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਦੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਪਰਵੇਸ ਹੋ ਜਾਵੇ ਗਾ।
ੁਰ ਕਹਿਆ ਮਾਨੁ ਨਿਜ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਸਚੁ ਜਾਨੁ ਮੰਤ੍ਰੁ ਇਹੈ ਨਿਸਿ ਬਾਸੁਰ ਹੋਇ ਕਲ੍ਯ੍ਯਾਨੁ ਲਹਹਿ ਪਰਮ ਗਤਿ ਜੀਉ---1403
Listen to the Gurus Message..teachings...and FOLLOW..this is the ONLY MANTAR....

ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਾਰੇ॥ ਗੁਰੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਕਹੈ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਜਨੁ ਮਾਨੈ ਪਰਤਖਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਿਸਤਾਰੇ---982
The bani is GURU..the GURU is BANI..in Bani are all Amrit/Nectar..whatever the BANI says..the Sevak..follower FOLLOWS..that is having the Visible darshan of the GURU...

ਕਲੀ ਪੜਿੑ ਕੈ ਬੁਝੀਐ ਅਕਲੀ ਕੀਚੈ ਦਾਨੁ॥ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਆਖੈ ਰਾਹੁ ਏਹੁ ਹੋਰਿ ਗਲਾਂ ਸੈਤਾਨੁ ---1245
Use the Guru given intellect to "follow the divine teachings"...Nanak Says THIS IS THE WAY..all other methods of Nam japp/sadhans/types /ways/etc are shaitan..creations of the idle mind

ਗੁਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਕਹਿਆ ਮੰਨਣਾ ਹੀ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਣ ਦਾ ਮੰਤਰ ਹੈ। ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਹਨ। ਗੁਰੂ ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਕਹੈ ਲਗਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਦਾ ਪਾਰ-ਉਤਾਰਾ ਪਰਤਖਿ ਹੋਵੇ ਗਾ। ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਧਿਆਨ ਨਾਲ ਪੜ੍ਹਕੇ ਬੁਝਣ ਦਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਦਿਤਾ ਹੈ। ਨਾਨਕ ਜੀ ਆਖਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਰਾਹੁ ਏਹੁ ਹੈ ਹੋਰ ਰਾਹ ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀਂ। ਨਾਮ ਜਪਣ ਦੇ ਹੋਰ ਰਾਹਾਂ ਰਸਤਿਆਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਗਲਾਂ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨ ਹਨ। ਜਿਹੜਾ ਪਰਾਣੀ ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਨਹੀ ਮੰਨਦਾ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਮਨਮੁਖੁ ਕਹਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ।
ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਨ ਮੰਨੈ ਓਹੁ ਮਨਮੁਖੁ --- 303
TO FOLLOW what the GURU Says is the Correct way of Naam japping....the SGGS is GURU....and whosoever disobeys this and practises other methods is a Manmukh...

To me the emphasis in Gurbani of SGGS is PRACTICAL APPLICATION of the Divine Message in our DAILY LIVES...not "mechanical" parrotting/naam japping/special sadhanas/various poses/lights off or on.background music..special clothes etc etc. More and more Sikhs seems to be going into such "sessions"..and less and less PRACTISE of the Actual Hukms of GURBANI. I have seen many who think the Once a week Sunday 2am naam japp saadhna or the Rehras saadhna in the Guru darbar with lights off and background music is enough simran/naam japp...??? am I wrong ?? Gurbani DOESNT SUPPORT these special naam japp sessions/saadhnas....:welcome:

Nov 16, 2006
Perth, western Australia
Naam Simran is cotemplating on God's virtues & His blessings. Naam Simran is silent contemplation.
Nothing extra is required. You can do Naam Simran even whie you are sitting in a toilet.
Infact i find that as the best place during the day. No body can disturb you.Some time my wife gets impatient. why i am sitting in toilet for so long.
I find so much peace & solace & silence that i consider this place as most wonderful.
During Amrit Vele i find to sit on chair with a cup of tea the best place to contemplate.
When i am so attached i find the outside world does not exist for me.
This experience can not be described in words'
In my silence i keep talking to God & God keeps talking to me. we have wonderful dialouge on daily basis. it is here that i get all the inspiration & new thoughts & ideas. The information given to me is so much that i find hard to copy it down.
God talks to all of us all the time. I am not special or better than any body.
God always talks with our feelings. Feelings are the language of soul. Feelings always contain the truth. Mind contains the openion of others.What ever mind recieves the data from outside word is an illusion. As the outside world it self is an illusion.
we have to carefully analyse which feelings are formed by the openion & advice of others & which come straight from our heart. The test is simple. If your feelings contain joy, happiness & truth these are the feeling sent to you by God.
We are always guided by inner voice but out mind does not allow us to listen to our inner voice.Our mind talks us out to believe our inner feelings & even our intutions. Intution is our 6th sense.
We all get hits or flashes or intution but our mind does not let us believe in them.
we reject even our own experience which is another most effective way that God teaches us . we believe in the openion of others & dont listen to God. That is why our life is in shambles.
Our True Guru is Nirankar who resides in our heart & talks to us all the time & guides throug our inner voice & our intutions & our experiences. May God give us the wisdom to listen to Him and judge that with our heart & not our minds.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM