• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

My Observations About The Discussions On This Board

ysodhi

SPNer
Jan 23, 2005
Dear Sikh Brothers and Sisters:
I am a relatively new member here and this is my first posting. I have been reading the postings by others for a while and must admit that it gets downright discouraging to see some writings putting down other faiths. I am a proud Sikh, let's stay with what Sikhy promotes. My faith has been my saviour many a times. When all else fails I seek solace in it and it never lets me down.

I notice a few individuals have been allowed to propagate other religions on this site. Is this the right platform for that purpose? Let us restrict ourselves to talk about Sikhy and its preachings. Guide those who may be distracting us to start their own sites.

I too have some knowledge of other faiths. There is simply no comparison with Sikhy. Our Gurus were way ahead of the times. Unfortunately we have not done a good job of spreading their message. Let us use this site to propage the Gurs's message without putting down others.

Thanks for the opportunity to say a few words here.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
ysodhi said:
Dear Sikh Brothers and Sisters:
I am a relatively new member here and this is my first posting. I have been reading the postings by others for a while and must admit that it gets downright discouraging to see some writings putting down other faiths. I am a proud Sikh, let's stay with what Sikhy promotes. My faith has been my saviour many a times. When all else fails I seek solace in it and it never lets me down.

I notice a few individuals have been allowed to propagate other religions on this site. Is this the right platform for that purpose? Let us restrict ourselves to talk about Sikhy and its preachings. Guide those who may be distracting us to start their own sites.

I too have some knowledge of other faiths. There is simply no comparison with Sikhy. Our Gurus were way ahead of the times. Unfortunately we have not done a good job of spreading their message. Let us use this site to propage the Gurs's message without putting down others.

Thanks for the opportunity to say a few words here.

Ysodhi Ji, We wholeheartedly agree with you. The Operation Cleanup is already underway and you would see many useless crap going to junkyard soon. We have been lately hampered by lack of dedicated Moderators/Forum Leaders and that is causing all the delay in cleaning up the website. We appreciate your feedback and assure you that you will see positive respose to your grievance. Please accept our best Regards

Last edited:

21khalsa13

HRH
SPNer
Jan 16, 2005
on earth
[Our Gurus were way ahead of the times ./quote]

our guru's were different and way ahead of their times. they showed a way for a universal religion, inclusive of all faiths _ see our HAR MANDIR SAHIB - a mandir for all faiths.
any sikhi forum should be the same.
and a true sikh will be able to separate the chaff from the wheat.
cencorship is worst kind of control.
we don't like it when it is done to us,
we shouldn't do it to others

sikhi is understood under study of comparative religion and vichaar. the guru granth sahibs is full of writings from people of many faiths who have / are trying to develop personal connection with the one true god.

should encourage more, not less of this.

bul chuk maff

:wah:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM