• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

My Life Has Been Blessed

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
I just wanted to say that as a convert to the Sikh faith, I have noticed that since I started to attend the Gurdwara, and actively become part of the Sangat here locally, my life has been honestly and truly blessed and I feel a presence I have never felt in my life before within me. I feel it when I am at the Gurdwara, and I am sometimes in tears listening to kirtan. I feel it at home when I still keep Waheguru on my mind as often as possible, and I feel it when I meditate and do naam simran on my own, and contemplate truth and life and reality. I feel it when I volunteer in the community and realize that we are all one.

Since I have came on to this path, everything in my life has been going right... things have turned completely around from what they were before!

The feeling I am trying to explain is beyond words... and its overwhelming and it often brings me (literally) to tears when I sense it. I have never felt anything like this before!!! I truly feel a personal connection with Waheguru!!

I am so filled with joy and happiness and emotion since I made the choice to follow the Sikh religion! And I love life and love this path I have been brought to!!!

I just wanted to say that those of you who are born into Sikh families are truly blessed to have been born into such a beautiful faith filled with spirituality and personal experience with the divine within you. Please, don't ever take it for granted!! I see way too many of the younger generation Punjabis born into Sikh families taking it for granted (both locally and online). They attend the Gurdwara but I get the feeling its more for social reasons than spiritual, and I truly feel sad for them that they are losing that connection that I just realized. I just want to say to those people that they have been given a great gift, and don't let it slip away. Keep you kesh (yes there are girls out there who will love you) and wear your turbans, keep your 5 k's and your identity as a Sikh. It's a true gift that not everyone has been given.

I just feel very fortunate to have found this path, and to have been welcomed with open arms by the local Sikh community here!! So I have been given this gift later in life at 36 years old. Now that my eyes have been opened, I will not go back. And I plan to follow this path to the best of my abilities, including doing Amrit in a few years. I want to be full Amritdhari - because this connection I feel is so positive and joyful, I want to experience it fully.

Sorry for the long post... I guess I just wanted to really express this feeling I have inside, which is so overwhelming I can't even describe it! It's amazing! What made me decide to post this was an earlier thread about why people convert to Sikhism. My reason is the deeply personal connection to Waheguru... this overwhelming feeling inside.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Sat Sri Akal,

Thank you everyone! I guess I just wanted to tell my story, because I am just so overfilled with joy and emotion, that I just..... had to tell someone :) My life has really changed very much for the positive since I chose Sikhi as my path!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM