• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

My Answer To Those Who Think Sikhism Is Finished

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
This is in response to a muliple lot of threads on this forum about Sikhism dying, silent crying, people running to babas, lots Sikhs, cutting hair etc etc

1. Basically, we cannot expect others to live like "Sikhs" that we have imagined in our heads

2. A lot of us hear about babas and dheras but have any of been or seen them? I guess alot of us in the West have not so we conclude that they are killing our religion. However based on some pictures of the type of people that follow these babas it becomes clear that they are not attracting the best SIkhs, lawyers, doctors, big business men but it appears their appeal is to uneducated villagers. So this type of thing should not impact us

3. To answer all the other questions as I told another Sikh here that you can only help Sikhism by being the best Sikh and then showing people what a Sikh is . Here is an example of one, T P Chopra featured in this video http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/9382745.stm

Its not the quanity that counts its the quality

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

For political power it is quantity that counts not quality.Once the quantity that decides to finish the quality no one can stop them.Sikhs had superior quality in west Punjab but the boundry line was drawn in favour of muslims and then the quality was languishing in refugee camps

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
1. Basically, we cannot expect others to live like "Sikhs" that we have imagined in our heads

Yes, we shouldn't have any expectation of others nor should we judge them. Let us concentrate on getting things right in our own lives

2. A lot of us hear about babas and dheras but have any of been or seen them?

Yes, I have for many years although I would emphasise I have never been a convert to or follower of these paths

However based on some pictures of the type of people that follow these babas it becomes clear that they are not attracting the best SIkhs, lawyers, doctors, big business men but it appears their appeal is to uneducated villagers. So this type of thing should not impact us

Oh dear, ...sorry to say this...but this statement is complete rubbish. May I humbly suggest you go to a few yourself and not just rely on pictures!

3. To answer all the other questions as I told another Sikh here that you can only help Sikhism by being the best Sikh and then showing people what a Sikh is .

Now that is a fine statement! We agree on something!
:)

A laudable notion but I fear the reality is quantity = power, as noted in the previous post

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM