• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Muslim Gang Beats Sikh For Defending Woman

Mar 26, 2006
Student Amit Ahluwalia told police he was returning to Toronto to “live in a safer country” after being punched to the ground in a fast-food takeaway.

But now the thugs who waylaid him and another student are behind bars after appearing in court.

Amit was one of four students including two women out for the evening from Queen Mary London University college campus at Mile End.

He tried to protect the women who the gang were molesting before rejoining his friends in a takeaway.

SCREAMING ‘KILL’

The gang armed themselves with bottles and stormed in after them screaming they were going to kill him.

He fell to his knees and waited for what he described were “continuous blows from bottles and fists to his head,” said prosecutors at Snaresbrook crown court.

Mr Ahluwalia, who has now returned to Canada, said in a statement he still suffers headaches and panic attacks from the “furious and repeated attack.”

He told cops before leaving for Toronto: “I would like to return home and live in a safer country.

“I keep thinking I will encounter these four again and they will kill me.”

His friend was attacked with a bottle during the incident at the takeaway before police arrived.

The four arrested, all Asians in their 20s from Whitechapel, Bethnal Green, Stepney and Poplar, admitted causing an affray and were each jailed for 13 months. Three had criminal records and one a police caution.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
You know, it doesn't surprise me in one way. Someone from gentle Canada would find East London seriously less friendly than where they came from. Actually, the article does not say they were Muslims, so we should be careful of conjecture! I know that area is mostly populated by Muslims, but for all we know they could have been from any "Asian" background.

Mar 26, 2006
what has happened is ..the entire coverage is not visible to me at this moment ..perhaps they check before registration ..i had been to that website ..veerji there is much more ..i mean many more surprises ..the thing is our guys here may not like it ..and i m just taken for a anti muslim person...which i dont deny entirely...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
The attackers all had criminal records, this happened in the East End, and it looks like an endless story of gang activity very typical from the 1980's onward in a tough part of London. The names, ethnicities and the faces change; the conditions, causes, and the methods remain the same. Even Amit said he wanted to go back to a safer country -- that is how he sized it up. And as Dalsingh ji has said, we don't have enough information to pin it on any religious group at this time.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
These guys are more than likely Bangladeshi's (who live in that area) who tend to attack in packs, because one on one I remember them as cowards. I remember on Bricklane a Muslims skull cap being thrown around by skinheads in the 80's, and these young braveheart Bangladeshi's all looked the other way. It took a Sardar to intervene and send the skinheads packing.

Amazing how their offspring pick on women?

As I side note, Bangladeshi are the worst performers in terms of education, behind Afro Caribbeans in the UK.

They really are an odious bunch who are frequently attacked by Pakistani and Sikh gangs.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I wonder why? Are there any articles or government papers that try to get a grip on the situation. Sounds pretty bad.

Mar 26, 2006
Aad ji situation in Slough is not very suitable for Sikhs and Hindus ...they are attacked in different ways ...bullied by muslim groups in colleges ...girls cheated in relationships...shops threatened by street gangs...reactions have come from our side....however it shows no matter how gentle you are, you will have to turn wild with a wild animal around

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
rajkhalsa ji

I understand. However that part of London has been known from the 1700's to be a rough section where rough types live and work people over. It started that way at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution when many people were thrown off farms and migrated to cities. The first immigrants so to speak were from rural England, followed by immigrants from France and Italy, followed by other immigrant groups --- most often they were people without education or trades who picked up work as they found it. Historically the center of activity for grave robbers, petty thieves, extortion rackets, gang organizations, drug peddling, prostitution, child abuse of every kind, kidnappers, and so forth. Many turned to a criminal life-style and bred over generations a culture of expectations. Good people are trapped there by poverty. Getting out is often seen as disloyalty. So when people struggle to get an education or a good job so they can leave, they are branded as traitors. The social pressure to be either a criminal or a victim is so strong. Soon as I saw "Bethnal Green" mentioned as the home grounds of one of the attackers my thoughts were focused. There are good people everywhere, but there is something called "a hard part of town."

Mar 26, 2006
Aad ji ..the sad part is ..such a 'hard part of town' is usually a muslim dominated ...i seen this in mumbai...in indore where i reside now ...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
its sad when we put labels on others....thats akin to giving a dog a bad name and then hanging him..
There are good and bad among all..its just that some have more good tahn bad and for others its the other way around...we sikhs are lucky that the essentials that the GURUS ingrained in US...make us resilient and good adaptors...1947 out of Pakistan..the SIKHS turned around so fast..no one had any time to be branded "REFUGEE SIKHS".....out of Uganda in the 1970's...and once again the almost threadbare SIKHS who were once millionaires..didnt waste any time "in REFUGEE STATUS"..but got down to hard work and soon became Britian's most affluent South Asians..Post 1984..after the most severe blow to the SIKHS from their OWN GOVERNMENT...many migrated overseas with almost NOTHING but DEBTS owed to Agents...BUT again the Sikhs proved their mettle......Sikhs in Canada..USA..all over the world may arrive "poor" BUT soon thrive due to the Work ETHICS of the GURUS.....Hard work..no sympathy, no crying over spilt milk, no welfare, no begging..no free lunch..ITS the SIKHS who provide a FREE LUNCH to millions all over the world in the GURDWARAS Guru Ka Langgar..again a Gift from Guur nanak Ji...

The "other side" may not be so lucky...they behave accordingly...but lets not judge people harshly...
Eks Pita Eks ke hum Barak is OUR slogan..lets live up to it...practically.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
rajkhalsa ji

It is statements like the one you just made that have led to a sad result. Good feelings get lost in the fog of indiscriminate anger and hatred. Please rethink your position.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
These guys are more than likely Bangladeshi's (who live in that area) who tend to attack in packs, because one on one I remember them as cowards. I remember on Bricklane a Muslims skull cap being thrown around by skinheads in the 80's, and these young braveheart Bangladeshi's all looked the other way. It took a Sardar to intervene and send the skinheads packing.

I remember those days too! But things have change big time since then Randip.

As I side note, Bangladeshi are the worst performers in terms of education, behind Afro Caribbeans in the UK.

As someone who teaches many, yes some do seem to have more educational needs than is usual. But believe you me, there are some dunce Singhs about too.
They really are an odious bunch who are frequently attacked by Pakistani and Sikh gangs.

Like I said, things have changed so much. Nowerdays, the reverse is often true. All of theoppression they experienced in the70s/80s has had an impact on them. What they experienced at that time, at the hands of NF {censored}ney yobs, was disgusting and inhumane.

Funnily a young Sikh student of mine who likes to prance about on the old "Jatt bruaah" vibe, recently had his jaw broken in a fight with a Bengali. Those old days of timd, scared Bengalis is over. Personally I'm happy about it.

What I find is that when they are not overwhelmed by what they must learn, they do try. But when they find work difficult, they do what many urban kids in that situation do (regardless of race) and start to act up.

Regarding East London. I went to the local Nagar Kirtan this weekend. I took pics which I will be posting shortly.

I'll be back!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Its strange for me to hear that a developed country like UK have gangs Like sikhs,pakistani's, Tamils
Whites ,bangladeshi's etc.Why the Police or Government don,t do something about these gangs problems?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
I remember those days too! But things have change big time since then Randip.

As someone who teaches many, yes some do seem to have more educational needs than is usual. But believe you me, there are some dunce Singhs about too.

Like I said, things have changed so much. Nowerdays, the reverse is often true. All of theoppression they experienced in the70s/80s has had an impact on them. What they experienced at that time, at the hands of NF {censored}ney yobs, was disgusting and inhumane.

Funnily a young Sikh student of mine who likes to prance about on the old "Jatt bruaah" vibe, recently had his jaw broken in a fight with a Bengali. Those old days of timd, scared Bengalis is over. Personally I'm happy about it.

What I find is that when they are not overwhelmed by what they must learn, they do try. But when they find work difficult, they do what many urban kids in that situation do (regardless of race) and start to act up.

Regarding East London. I went to the local Nagar Kirtan this weekend. I took pics which I will be posting shortly.

I'll be back!
waht you say is true about Bangladeshi's and what I am commenting on is there attack in packs mentality, probably from the days when they beaten up left right and centre by white yobs.

It is funny the Jatt Bruuah incident.

BTW Bengali's and Bengladeshi's are totally different by the way. Bangladeshi's speak mostly Syhlethi and come from that region. Bengal is an actuall state.

You are right about Sikh dunce's but I am talking about National figures I saw somewhere about Bangladeshi performance. They are improving though:

Bangladeshi pupils improve in exams - Education News, Education - The Independent

http://www.archive.official-documents.co.uk/document/dfee/resbrief/brief30.htm

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Its strange for me to hear that a developed country like UK have gangs Like sikhs,pakistani's, Tamils
Whites ,bangladeshi's etc.Why the Police or Government don,t do something about these gangs problems?

Probably because they are more of danger to themselves and other people like them to be an issue. If they ever threatened middle class white society, there would be crackdowns left right and centre.

Plus I imagine the police are pretty busy with Al Qaeda right now.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM