• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

MUKTI- Different Types And What Gurbani Says

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Please tell me how this is not encouraging of the phenomenon of the blind being instructed by another blind.

Satnaam Ji,

your assuming the instructor is blind :)
The Guru's saw it all..and it's up to us to do an experiement and see if what they said was a load of nonsense...therefore this isnt blind faith. Just like in a science experiment...do something, then record the results..

No understanding means following rules and rituals. With every ritualistic practice, comes a variety of illusions of result which gives the follower a false sense of knowledge

For me, understanding helped please my mind..so that i could try amrit vela Simran....but what we find often doesnt match up to initial understanding...so understanding evolves. but what you may find is that certain experiences cant be expressed in any logic, words, language...even my head hurts when i try to explain certain things... when that happens you know the experience has gone past the level of the mind to something that exists beyond..

Like i said, try a few months of Amrit Vela simran, every day without fail....keep doing your community seva and sharing earnings.
keep a record of your experiences...and then it's up to you afterwards if you carry on with it... but atleast you've taken part in your own experiment...

I wouldnt call this blind faith would you?

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I think they are all the same Lucky Singh ji. Is there any info I missed that might suggest otherwise?

I know, when we look at them after being exposed to gurmat mukti, then we can see right through them and see the ONE truth that is prevalent.

However, lets say with 'Saalokya'- the devotee worships a particular god and then they obtain a position in the heavenly abode of that god.
This doesn't mean that one is worshipping the akaal purakh, but it could be any assigned god or godess.
Similarly with 'Saroopya' - a devotee that practices even more intense devotion and then obtains heavenly abode with that god and also acquires the qualities of the god they worship. This is usually more intense devotion to doing puja and rituals to that particular god or godess.

Out of the 4 original types mentioned saalokya,saroopya and sameepya are not permanent and are very 'form' or sargun based.

Now we have gurmat mukti and this comes across as if it can overide all of these or that we don't have to pay much attention to these other stages.
That's how I've interpreted them personally.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Quote: This is why I said that understanding the Truth is not based on concepts of situations, but on reality. And the test of this is “now” </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Quote: This is why I said that understanding the Truth is not based on concepts of situations, but on reality. And the test of this is “now” </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Please tell me how this is not encouraging of the phenomenon of the blind being instructed by another blind.

Well this is the only way we learn, by taking in what the master tells us and then trying to apply it and see if it works or make sense.
We all went to school and learnt math concepts although even some of these may have seemed like 'blind' learning at the time. Then later when you see how they can be applied into the world out there, we realise they were not blind after all.

My point is that we can only learn from a instructor, guru or master. They will teach what they know or have been taught themselves. (pass the knowledge on).
Some of their own learning or knowledge may well be blind itself and they may not be able to justify it personally. However, they may feel it neccessary to pass on as the recipient may be able to find the truth or justification even if they couldn't.

This is how I say the way of the world works and knowledge becomes more widespread.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Lucky Singh ji,
I think those are just as Gurmat and the one's you claim are in Gurmat.

There's talk of how to get to abode of Hari, and talk of having Hari's qualities.

Salokya
ਜਾਸੁ ਜਪਤ ਕਈ ਬੈਕੁੰਠ ਵਾਸੁ ॥
Through meditation, some go to live in Baikunth. - Guru Arjan, 236

Saroopya
ਹਰਿ ਜਨੁ ਐਸਾ ਚਾਹੀਐ ਜੈਸਾ ਹਰਿ ਹੀ ਹੋਇ ॥੧੪੯॥
The followers of Hari should be just like Hari. - Sant Kabir, 1372

I am sure there is talk of Sameepiya too, but the above shabads I was famliar with already so I was able to show you. Try doing a search on Sameepiya-related words.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Human memory system works 24X7, thoughts born and die.
Some thoughts just appear and are not matured to have form ie iike giving birth.
If millions of thought appears, only a few actualse.

When one surrenders complete memory system to GurusBani. as only everlasting truth, other materialistic thoughts disappear, mind is at rest always, until and unless it serves.
Other thoughts do not originate, and TRUTH remains in memory system, and shall not die.

The State of Systen is Jeevan Mukar.
Freedom from Thought.
Or
State of No THOUGHT ie no.problems no desire for self, but can serve for others.

SELF is complete ie with no problems and desires
And left with
SEWA and SIMRAN

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Sat Sri Akaal,

Human memory system works 24X7, thoughts born and die.
Some thoughts just appear and are not matured to have form ie iike giving birth.
If millions of thought appears, only a few actualse.

When one surrenders complete memory system to GurusBani. as only everlasting truth, other materialistic thoughts disappear, mind is at rest always, until and unless it serves.
Other thoughts do not originate, and TRUTH remains in memory system, and shall not die.

The State of Systen is Jeevan Mukar.
Freedom from Thought.
Or
State of No THOUGHT ie no.problems no desire for self, but can serve for others.

SELF is complete ie with no problems and desires
And left with
SEWA and SIMRAN

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

No thoughts= freedom

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
mutli.jpg

MUTLI Normally appears next to {censored} Dastardly