• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Preamble Mool Mantar Translation For Me

sibya

SPNer
Jun 18, 2007
WJKK WJKF.....

I have a child who I am teaching the Mool Mantar first to recite in Punjabi and soon as he grows, he will need to have understanding of what he is reciting (for I believe this is the singly greatest mistake Sikh parents don't do as compared to muslims even to a small degree.)
It is often stated by Sikh Scholars that the essence of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's teachings (and in effect Sikhism's) was in the Mool Mantar and everything is related to it.
Also interpretation is obviously subjective but below is what I am comfortable with (though for my child it will be simplified again)
Please read and share:
In the name of

The one God Ik Onkar
Whose name is Truth. Satnam
The Creator. Karta
Who is present in all Creation Purakh
Who fears none. Nirbhao
Who hates none. Nirvair
An immortal being beyond time. Akal Murat
Unborn Ajuni
Self existent Saibhang
attainable only through divine grace. Gur Prasad

Meditate. Jap
True in the Beginning. Ad Sach
True throughout the Ages. Jugad Sach
True even Now. Hai be Sach
says Nanak,Truth will always be here. Nanak, hosi be Sach

Rgds
Sibya

jogi13

SPNer
Jun 7, 2007
WJKK WJKF.....

My sentiments too ......
Below is another interpretation with slight variation in wording:

There is only one God
His Name is Trurh
He is the Creator
He is without fear
He is without hate
He is beyond time (immortal)
He is beyond birth and death
He is self-existent
He is realised by the Guru's grace

Chant and meditate:
True in the primal beginning
True through the ages
True here and now
O Nanak
For ever and ever true

Regards
jogi13

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sibya ji,

You will get a lot of responses to this post. It is so important. Because you are talking about your child who is very young, you might want to consider purchasing Dya Singh's CD, Nitnam. There is a wonderful recitation of Mool Mantar at the very beginning. Some of the recording will use both Punjabi and English.

Ardaas is done switching back and forth - A part in Punjabi by Dya ji and then the same thing in English by the little girls.

I think you and your son will like this because Dya Singh has recorded the entire Nitnam with his little daughters. They take turns with the recitations and much of the Nitnam is like a sing-a-long. In fact it was produced with children (and slow-learners like me) in mind. I have it and it is really wonderful. SPN forum has a link to get the CD at the top of the home page.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: